Engagement of Prince Harry of Wales and Meghan Markle: November 27, 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, it's not my taste. I prefer Autumn, Catherine, and Zara's rings over this one. But I'm not shocked considering Harry designed it, like I said earlier in this thread I've never cared for the jewelry he picked out for himself.

What jewelry has Harry picked out for himself?

Would the large diamond be the one from Botswana and the two smaller ones from Diana's collection?

I am not a big fan of the ring either (although I am glad it is diamond; the golden ring is a bit too yellow to my taste) but it's nice that Harry designed it himself with stones that have meaning to him.

I am pretty sure the small flanking stones are from Diana's collection. The large one is the Botswana stone.

She wears a lot of yellow gold so I'm not surprised about the band color. Her wedding ring will be yellow gold too.

LaRae

Congratulations to Prince Harry and Meghan Markle! The engagement announcement is on my birthday too. A nice gift after following them since last November, anticipating whether they might marry. I wish them lots of happiness together. :twohearts:

Sky News is live with all of the details. The fact that they put all the photographers at a distance across the pond is another statement of how M&H are going to be continuing to conduct their lives with a great deal of privacy. Apparently, there wasn't supposed to be questions asked. But a reporter did shout a few questions across the pond, and they answered briefly. Just awhile ago Sky News put up some subtitles because when it was live, it was very hard to hear anything.

When asked something about how he proposed, Harry said they'd reveal that later, and they also said 'Of course, it was romantic,' when asked that silly question. The ring was designed by Prince Harry. A large diamond from Botswana in the center and diamond gems that belonged to Diana around it (confirmed by Sky News who received the info from KP), and all the gems banded in gold. We didn't get a good look at the ring yet.

The television interview is supposed to air tonight at 6pm London time.

Information on what Meghan was wearing:
http://meghansmirror.com/special-feature/prince-harry-meghan-markle-engagement/
I'm sure the white wrap coat is in tribute to Diana's white garden, which is where they appeared for the photo call.

Last edited:
IMO the engagement has been in the making for months - given how they have tried to avoid having the media be a decisive factor in their relationship, I don't think they rushed it because of the media. I fully understand that Harry and Meghan didn't want to wait any longer than necessary (i.e. Meghan had to finish filming for Suits). Now they can go ahead with what they have been working towards for quite some time now (Meghan shutting down The Tig was probably the first visible step in that process), i.e., their wedding (as the start of hopefully a long marriage).

I fully agree with your assessment.

It's a classic design that's very fitting to Meghan's personality. The meaning behind the stones definitely makes it unique. Harry put a lot of thought into this.

Oh, I know all of that and I imagine she loves the ring. And while I think the sentiment behind the design is lovely, I still don't care for the ring.

The dress she's wearing is really cute. I hope we get to see it during the interview.

Last edited:
Sky News also mentioned the fact that Meghan's dogs, Bogart and Guy, are currently in quarantine in London.

Just to mention. Royal reporters are reporting that her coat is from Line the Label (same label as the coat she wore to IG Toronto closing ceremony) and the website has crashed.

I think the ring is lovely and absolutely love the thought Harry put into it.

The photocall was one of the cutest things! They definitely looked a bit nervous but were so naturally charming and adorable. Harry saying he knew Meghan was the one from the first time he met her may have been the highlight. He's a man in love, definitely. :D

The ring looks lovely to me. Classic. Elegant. Harry obviously put a lot of thought into it.

As for unique rings, Royal wise, all I can think of are Mary and Marie’s rings. I prefer something more classic personally over that.

Last edited:
The photocall was one of the cutest things! They definitely looked a bit nervous but were so naturally charming and adorable. Harry saying he knew Meghan was the one from the first time he met her may have been the highlight. He's a man in love, definitely. :D

I know! I loved it! It's obvious to see they are very affectionate with each other. I loved the part where they turned around to go up the stairs and Harry was holding Meghan's hand with one hand, but switched over to the other without even letting go. :lol:

I am SO EXCITED I am about to jump out of my skin!!! This is fabulous and th ring is beautiful!! I am ready to start planning her wedding dress :lol:. I am so excited to hear it will be a church wedding. I am holding out hope for Westminister Abbey, although I am becoming more convinced it will be St. George's Chapel, which will be gorgeous. Please just give us a carriage ride!!

I missed the photo call on TV, out at the time , so i have had to scroll through the feed to get details . The ring is beautiful , I was hoping for a coloured stone , but they have plenty of time for that, I hope. It's nice that PH has designed the ring himself, a put something of his mother in it.

Looking forward to Harry and Meghan’s Engagement Interview that will broadcast on all channels at 6pm UK time. I’ll be watching on BBC NEWS or Sky News Live on YouTube.

Looking forward to that too. 18.00 hours is the peak news time here in the UK.

It sure looks a lovely ring. They’re bursting with love and you can only feel pure bliss for them.

Hurray! Finally, some happy news in this dreary world!

:wub::crown7:

YAY!!! So happy for the couple!

Poor Queen and Prince Philip. They have to put up with a lot in their final years....

Of what? From what we've heard, HMQ loves a good wedding and her grandson. I'm sure she's thrilled for Harry as he needed her permission to wed.

:flowers::flowers::flowers: Congratulations to Harry and Meghan! They looked very happy together today. I only wish that the photo call had been a bit longer, but it did look very chilly outside. Charles looked quite pleased this morning as well.

Eagerly awaiting the coming details about their spring 2018 wedding.

:flowers::flowers::flowers: Congratulations to Harry and Meghan! They looked very happy together today. I only wish that the photo call had been a bit longer, but it did look very chilly outside. Charles looked quite pleased this morning as well.

I think Harry's hands looked a bit blue. But I'm glad they did it where they did it instead of inside. The garden is a dedication from the boys to their mother. It's another way for Prince Harry to involve his mother in this process.

Last edited:
A lovely ring.

Of what? From what we've heard, HMQ loves a good wedding and her grandson. I'm sure she's thrilled for Harry as he needed her permission to wed.

What could she do? Forbid them to marry and risk another feud? I know HM is a loving grandparent wanting their grandchildren to be happy, but I´m sure she´s not too fond about Harry marrying this divorced american actress/ soapstar. But she might be too discreet to say...

Last edited:
What could she do? Forbid them to marry and risk another feud? I know HM is a loving grandparent but I´m sure she´s not too fond about Harry marrying this divorced american actress/ soapstar. But she might be too discreet to say...

In fact, she could not give them her blessing. But I'm not seeing why she would as three of her own children are divorced and two remarried.

I just screamed SO LOUDLY. What a terrible day to NOT be paying attention to news, lol!

OMG so happy. I have had the worst month ever in life and this is making it better!

YES!! YES!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom