The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-27-2017, 07:24 AM
Commoner

Ahhh! The news I was so hoping to wake up to!!

Congratulations to Prince Harry and Meghan!

Old 11-27-2017, 07:25 AM
Courtier

Omg yay!

Interestingly, I had just added Twitter notifications for KP's Twitter and Instagram accounts on Saturday night, knowing that they would be the first ones to post the news when it happened. I didn't expect it to pay off that quickly.

Old 11-27-2017, 07:28 AM
Majesty

Interesting to note that the announcement of the engagement came just from the PoW. No mention of the Duchess of Cornwall.
Old 11-27-2017, 07:28 AM
Courtier

I don’t know how many ways to scream of the joy in our hearts for this happy couple but it sure is wonderful to share together. I can’t wait until two o’clock!
Old 11-27-2017, 07:30 AM
Aristocracy

My god, I go away for a few hours and this happens.

Congratulations to them!

Was Meghan rumored to be in London earlier this month? The announcement says they became engaged earlier this month.
Old 11-27-2017, 07:30 AM
Heir Apparent

In Williams engagement announcement was only from the Prince of Wales. The Duchess of Cornwall was there also not included.
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 11-27-2017, 07:32 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Interesting to note that the announcement of the engagement came just from the PoW. No mention of the Duchess of Cornwall.
Quote:
Originally Posted by principessa View Post
In Williams engagement announcement was only from the Prince of Wales. The Duchess of Cornwall was there also not included.
My take is that only the biological relations are included in the statements. Camilla has no biological relation to William and Harry. So it makes perfect sense.
I would have found it strange had she been mentioned.
Old 11-27-2017, 07:32 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:

She wasn’t mentioned either on william and Catherine announcement. I don’t see a reason for her to be, she’s not their mother.
Old 11-27-2017, 07:35 AM
Courtier

Quote:
When Prince William's engagement was announced, it only named Prince Charles as announcing.
Old 11-27-2017, 07:40 AM
Heir Apparant
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Week Team Member

Finally! I am so so happy for Harry and Meghan! Congratulations to them and their families!
Old 11-27-2017, 07:47 AM
Commoner

I'm so excited and thrilled for them. Meghan will do very well in her new Royal role.
Old 11-27-2017, 07:50 AM
Heir Apparent

Omg, I’m so happy foI the couple!!! I didn’t know which article to click on first earlier!
Old 11-27-2017, 07:53 AM
Royal Highness

I guess all those engagement leaks to the press last week were right. The British tabloids will gloat about their sources for awhile.

Anyway, I'm a little surprised they got engaged without ever living on the same continent. It speaks to the depth of their infatuation with each other but as they say "It's a bold move, Cotton. Let's see if it pays off for 'em."

Engaged in London - Again I'm surprised he didn't take her somewhere for the proposal even if it's just the countryside. Maybe the place they got engaged had sentimental value like the place the first met in London.

Spring Wedding - Well, that probably means April or May

I'm interested in seeing the ring. I hope Meghan had a strong hand in picking it out as I don't think Harry has the best taste in jewelry going by the items he has picked out for himself.
Old 11-27-2017, 07:54 AM
Heir Apparent

Happy ! Delighted ! Wondeful news !
Old 11-27-2017, 07:55 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Archbishop of Canterbury welcomes Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's engagement
Monday 27th November 2017

Responding to the announcement that Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are engaged, the Archbishop said today:

“I am absolutely delighted to hear the news that Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are now engaged.

"I have met Prince Harry on a number of occasions and have always been struck by his commitment and passion for his charities, and his immense love for his family.

“Marriage is a special and joyous commitment, one that Jesus celebrated together with friends at the wedding in Cana. I am so happy that Prince Harry and Ms Markle have chosen to make their vows before God.

"I wish them many years of love, happiness and fulfilment and ask that God blesses them throughout their married life together."
Thanks for the full announcement that indeed clearly states that theirs will be a church wedding (as was to be expected).
Old 11-27-2017, 07:55 AM
Aristocracy

Congratulations to them both!

This must the first time a senior member of the royal family marries a foreigner since Prince George and Princess Marina in 1934, right?
Old 11-27-2017, 07:56 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincessJava View Post
When Prince William's engagement was announced, it only named Prince Charles as announcing.
Same for the birth of George and Charlotte if i remember well, sensitive move to avoid a bit of hyteria is some circles i guess ...
Anyway it's a happy day, so let's not spoil the joy with some rotten stories.
Congrats to the couple ! To be frank i had my doubts (and still have) but i really really hope for the sake of this couple and the Monarchy that this apparent "love story" will not be chrushed by the pressure of the medias and that Meghan will not be frustrated by the somewhat down to earth aspect of the day-to-day work inside the BRF. Let's face it it will not be "Princess diary" style
.So wait and see. Today i wish all the best to the happy couple, and i can't wait to see a beautiful royal wedding in the spring !
Old 11-27-2017, 07:57 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kronprinz View Post

This must the first time a senior member of the royal family marries a foreigner since Prince George and Princess Marina in 1934, right?
What about Princess Elizabeth and Prince Philip of Greece and Denmark?!?
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 11-27-2017, 07:58 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kronprinz View Post

Does Prince Philip count as a foreigner?
Old 11-27-2017, 07:58 AM
Heir Apparent

I hope that tomorrow we will get to see the video of this evening... for us not getting any UK TV channels