The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-27-2017, 06:27 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
expect Meghan's disillusion about her new life within the Royal Family once all the fairy tale part is over.
VERY 'Spectre at the Feast'...

Old 11-27-2017, 06:30 PM
Majesty

I'm sure Anne would be delighted. Why wouldn't she be? She's very fond of Harry and she's probably met Meghan before.

Old 11-27-2017, 06:35 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by loonytick View Post
Poor Kate. She did great, but she seemed as terrified of the interview as she was happy to be marrying William. I think that aspect of royal life has been a very difficult adjustment for her, but she's really grown a lot. Meghan, on the other hand, seemed far more comfortable with the interview than Harry, and seemed quite comforting to him, as well.
Kate is a terrible public speaker, as was Diana BTW. Meghan on the other hand is a TV actress, a social media personality and a social activist. It is hardly surprising then that she should be better at public speaking and should feel comfortable speaking to a TV camera.

Kate, however, will probably be queen one day, whereas Meghan probably will not. The Royal Family has an inherent hierarchy associated with the principle of primogeniture, which is one of the basic tenets of the European monarchies. As another poster pointed out before, Meghan will have to carve out a role for herself in the family where she is not too detached to look like a freeloader , but at the same time is discreet enough not to eclipse or seem like she is competing with Kate.
Old 11-27-2017, 06:39 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by FashionMaven View Post
I think she will give up her citizenship. Can you imagine the furor if she has to pay US taxes out of money earned in the UK? *shudders*

No she won't.
Old 11-27-2017, 06:39 PM
Courtier

This conversation seemed so natural and light, you could feel the love between two very special people. I was touched be the down to earth realness of their happiness. What they have together is rare. And I don’t mean just the love. Look out world..good things personified are coming.
Old 11-27-2017, 06:42 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
That is technically true, as I argued before in these forums. However, some British posters here have argued that not giving up her US citizenship would trigger a negative reaction in the UK as it would signal Meghan is not 100 % committed to her new country. Besides, there are the tax issues you have mentioned. What do you think ?
Harry is not the heir therefore, there is no reason for her to do that. Quit trying to turn this girl into a Brit. She is an American born and raised!
Old 11-27-2017, 06:44 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Observer7 View Post
Harry is not the heir therefore, there is no reason for her to do that. Quit trying to turn this girl into a Brit. She is an American born and raised!
No one is denying she's born and raised. However, she will be representing the monarch from now on regardless if her future husband becomes king. She will be a Brit.
Old 11-27-2017, 06:44 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
You really can't compare Kate ..they are very different types of women in some ways. Very different men in the equation as well.

LaRae
And yet in other ways somewhat alike--they both seem like nurturing women. Both Meghan and Kate seem to form firm friendships with people who don't talk. They are both close with their parents.
And they are both brunette!
Old 11-27-2017, 06:52 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
No one is denying she's born and raised. However, she will be representing the monarch from now on regardless if her future husband becomes king. She will be a Brit.
This issue will come out if it's an issue. I am not debating this because I know I'm right.
Old 11-27-2017, 06:52 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-H Anglophile View Post
And yet in other ways somewhat alike--they both seem like nurturing women. Both Meghan and Kate seem to form firm friendships with people who don't talk. They are both close with their parents.
And they are both brunette!
Yes they have similarities too. ETA: And I said for a long long time before he met Meghan he needed to find someone like Kate (in the way she supports William etc).

LaRae
Old 11-27-2017, 07:01 PM
Serene Highness

Again, happy for Harry and Meghan appears to be a kind woman. She oozes warmth. I like her.
Now waiting for an Abbey or St George's Chapel wedding.
Old 11-27-2017, 07:02 PM
Heir Apparent

And here's the front pages:

The Telegraph:
https://d2kmm3vx031a1h.cloudfront.ne..._telegraph.PNG

The Times:
https://d2kmm3vx031a1h.cloudfront.ne...prQU_times.PNG

The DF:
https://d2kmm3vx031a1h.cloudfront.ne...KD2c7qg_dm.PNG

The Express:
https://d2kmm3vx031a1h.cloudfront.ne...jw_express.PNG

The Sun:
https://d2kmm3vx031a1h.cloudfront.ne...SWZ3QR_sun.PNG

The Mirror:
https://d2kmm3vx031a1h.cloudfront.ne...4dl_mirror.PNG

The Guardian:
https://d2kmm3vx031a1h.cloudfront.ne...q_guardian.PNG

The i paper:
https://d2kmm3vx031a1h.cloudfront.ne...AxZsQR7h_i.PNG

Metro:
https://d2kmm3vx031a1h.cloudfront.ne...BKZw_metro.PNG

Daily Star:
https://d2kmm3vx031a1h.cloudfront.ne...ug17f_star.PNG
Old 11-27-2017, 07:02 PM
Heir Apparent

Joyful happiness to Prince Henry and Meghan!
Old 11-27-2017, 07:26 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Observer7 View Post
I bet the wedding is March 2018. We'll find out tomorrow if I'm right.
I am guessing May 2018, but I hope you are correct.
Old 11-27-2017, 07:28 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
I'm telling ya...there's a book deal to be had there!!!!!

Yep that's a long time period to commit to every 2 weeks when you live in separate countries and have busy schedules.

LaRae
That right there says a lot about them for it takes a ton of work to commit to any relationship and to do what they did shows how serious they are about each other for why do that if your not interested in someone to begin with.
Can you imagine both with very busy schedules, no time to breath and yet they found the way to see each other even in different countries just so they could explore knowing each other....I think Harry has found his soul mate in this woman who is not a dumb lady at all. She is very articulate and intelligent, strong and has strength of character more then most people realize.

I am delighted for both of them and I hope they have a long and joyous life together with tons of love and devotion to themselves and the future.
Old 11-27-2017, 07:29 PM
Courtier

Wow I didn't think it would happen. How wonderful, I'm so happy for both families! Congratulations to the lovely couple!

Old 11-27-2017, 07:29 PM
Aristocracy

I love a romance that has sizzle (come to me in Botswana!), mature recognition of responsibilities ("lets get out our diaries and see how we can make this work"), and corgis. A perfect balance of attraction, commitment, and one of the basic joys of life--our furbabies.

Seriously----this appears to be a very good match.
Old 11-27-2017, 07:39 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Lainey is reporting that her source says Meghan will spend Christmas at Sandringham.
I look so forward to seeing Meghan in a hat and seeing them walking with William & Kate.
Old 11-27-2017, 07:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:

I agree it will have to happen going forward