The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-27-2017, 11:57 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by wartenberg7 View Post
What could she do? Forbid them to marry and risk another feud? I know HM is a loving grandparent wanting their grandchildren to be happy, but Im sure shes not too fond about Harry marrying this divorced american actress/ soapstar. But she might be too discreet to say...

I wouldn't make the mistake of assuming the Queen shares your personal prejudices.

Majesty

Meghan's TV father on 'Suits' approves of the engagement.

https://mobile.twitter.com/WendellPi...70930241781761

Majesty

I hope the Queen and Prince Philip will still be here to take Harry and Meghan's firstborn child in their arms!

Princess Diana is smiling in Heaven, I am sure!
Old 11-27-2017, 11:59 AM
Heir Apparent

Patrick J. Adams' tweet.

https://mobile.twitter.com/halfadams...68456957165568
Old 11-27-2017, 12:01 PM
Heir Apparent

I love how Prince Harry had put his arm on his stomach as he had perhaps the feeling that the butterflies want to fly out.

They are really sweet together and I think I have not seen him so much smiling.

I am looking forward the interview.

This is their day. I hope they had enjoyed it and are enjoying the rest of the day.
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 11-27-2017, 12:03 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by wartenberg7 View Post
Poor Queen and Prince Philip. They have to put up with a lot in their final years....
I think they both are happy their grandson found someone with whom to create his own family.

There is nothing unsuitable about Meghan. She is an intelligent, educated woman who had a career, is involved in charitable endeavors and seems to inspire loyalty from her friends and coworkers. What more could anyone ask for their grandson?
Old 11-27-2017, 12:04 PM
Heir Apparent

My congratulations to the newly affianced.
Old 11-27-2017, 12:05 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
That was hysterical!

LaRae

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyevale View Post
My congratulations to the newly affianced.

This and the pic of them with big smiles while looking at each other are my favorite shots of today.

LaRae
Old 11-27-2017, 12:06 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
Haha, that's fantastic
Old 11-27-2017, 12:07 PM
Majesty

It was a joke!
Old 11-27-2017, 12:08 PM
Commoner

Congratulations to them both. It's nice to see Harry in love and happy.

I don't know if it's been discussed elsewhere, but I'm curious as to whether or not Meghan will take British citizenship and if so, if she will be a dual citizen or if, as a member of the RF, she'll be asked to renounce her US citizenship.

(If this has been discussed elsewhere, if someone would link, it would be appreciated)
Old 11-27-2017, 12:08 PM
Majesty

The Fail has a body language expert on the job.

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's body language examined | Daily Mail Online
Old 11-27-2017, 12:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

Engagement of Prince Harry of Wales and Meghan Markle: November 27, 2017

Really lovely to get some happy news at a time of dismal uncertainty in the UK. Congratulations to the happy couple !
Old 11-27-2017, 12:15 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen of Quitealot View Post
I don't know if it's been discussed elsewhere, but I'm curious as to whether or not Meghan will take British citizenship and if so, if she will be a dual citizen or if, as a member of the RF, she'll be asked to renounce her US citizenship.

(If this has been discussed elsewhere, if someone would link, it would be appreciated)
I don't think anything official has been released. It might be addressed in their interview that will air today.
Old 11-27-2017, 12:17 PM
Aristocracy

Maybe im In the minority, but I truly dislike the Diana / Catherine engagement ring, i find it too much. I much prefer the one Harry gave Meghan, or the one the Queen received from Prince Philip.
I do dislike the gold band, I feel white gold or platinum would have worked better.
I love her coat.

My day has been a shitty one (my cat is has cancer and isnt currently hospitalized) so a shine of something happy.
Im happy for them, and also a bit jealous.
Old 11-27-2017, 12:19 PM
Heir Apparent

Downing Street has announced no bank holiday for the wedding, which isn't surprising.
Old 11-27-2017, 12:19 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapstar View Post
Here's a clear photo of the ring. Definitely not my thing.

https://twitter.com/RegalEyes/status/935153639722770433

I agree.
I like Meghan's ring. Diana's sapphire is a bit too giant for my tastes, but I really like this trilogy ring.
Old 11-27-2017, 12:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
I wouldn't make the mistake of assuming the Queen shares your personal prejudices.
We can't deny thet Meghan is not the type of bride(from a royal perspective) an old fashioned couple like the Queen and the Duke wished for their royal descendants (i don't think Kate was their type either). The Queen is from a bygone world where the words "actress" and "American" were a big no no, let's face it.
But at the end, as usual, she was clever enough to allow her grandson to marry the woman he loves. It's a credit to her Maj to be so open minded and let's say pragmatical : Harry and his bride are now far enough from the Crown to do whatever they want.
And as pointed out the Queen does love a good wedding, so it's a win win situation.
Old 11-27-2017, 12:23 PM
Heir Apparent

ITV is airing a special tonight at 9:30 London Time on the royal engagement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
We can't deny thet Meghan is not the type of bride(from a royal perspective) an old fashioned couple like the Queen and the Duke wished for their royal descendants (i don't think Kate was their type either). The Queen is from a bygone world where the words "actress" and "American" were a big no no, let's face it.
But at the end, as usual, she was clever enough to allow her grandson to marry the woman he loves. It's a credit to her Maj to be so open minded and let's say pragmatical : Harry and his bride are now far enough from the Crown to do whatever they want.
And as pointed out the Queen does love a good wedding, so it's a win win situation.
I keep thinking back to Prince Phillip's comment about Queen having tolerance in abundance. It's pretty amazing how open minded the Queen is, as it is not very common for someone that grew up during the time she did.
Old 11-27-2017, 12:28 PM
Aristocracy

Regarding her dogs, I truly hope the quarantine info is false, I see no reason for those pups to be placed in quarantine!
They are coming from Canada a commonwealth country with little to no rabies. Assuming the dogs got their shots and a health check before leaving they should be okay..
Actually maybe that’s why they are in quarantine? She didn’t want the news of the move to leak and be seen final before the announcement.

Maybe we’ll know better after the interview. Honestly I care more about the dogs than where they will get married.. lol.