Duke and Duchess of Sussex, General News 2: December 2018 - February 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

soapstar

Super Moderator
Site Team
City
Hermosa Beach
Country
United States
og9nvd.png
9hsaiq.png

Coat of Arms of TRH The Duke and Duchess of Sussex

Welcome to The Duke and Duchess of Sussex's
General News, Part Two

Commencing December 4, 2018

The previous thread can be found here.
Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs

· Only pictures that you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles, so no more than 20% of an article
text should be posted, along with the link to the original article.
· We expect our members to treat each other, and the royals and persons in these threads, with respect.
· The Report Post button is for reporting inappropriate content in a post if no moderators or administrators are online.
· Threads should remain on topic. Posts which are irrelevant or disruptive
will be deleted or moved by one of the moderators.

Last edited:
Duke and Duchess of Sussex, General News Part 2: December 2018 -

I think everyone has said their piece about the last few weeks of stories written about Meghan (5 am texts, wedding tiara, church air-fresheners, relationships with staff, etc.). The conversation has gone around in circles and no new information has been posted, so let's move on from those stories/discussion.

Also, let's not turn this thread into a discussion about royal journalists and the media. Thanks.

Last edited:
Again on national television yesterday Piers Morgan accused Meghan Markle of 'acting her way to the top' in his own typical rant after accusing her of ghosting him......
https://www.independent.ie/style/ce...er-accusing-her-of-ghosting-him-37593494.html

He's kind of a whiner, isn't he? They were not close enough friends for there to be any ghosting. I think it's hilarious that her co-star also avoided Piers for over a year and Piers didn't realize why and is still complaining about it.

Morgan is out to get a rise out of people. Its not making Morgan look good. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Let’s put this into perspective. ALL this over someone he met ONCE? :lol:

What’s even funnier is how pissed he is at Rick Hoffman for choosing Meghan over him. :lol:

It’s time to move on. But I get it, this is the most attention he’s gotten in awhile, so he’ll milk her name for all it’s worth.

Last edited:
Here’s the video from last months Loose Women where Nadia said Meghan just seems too “effected”. I will say of all the criticism I read or see about Meghan is that she doesn’t come across as sincere. She’s a little too ‘polished’ I guess.

ROYAL-PLAY Loose Women fans shocked as Nadia Sawalha accuses Meghan Markle of ‘acting’ and playing ‘the greatest role of her life’

It warms my heart to see Meghan so happy. Not only is she in love and is about to become a mother for the first time, but the British people have embraced her as their own. Everyone also embraced her on the tour. That must fill her with so much joy and that’s not something that can be faked.

Long may the Sussex love and happiness continue!

Despite attacks by some people who have questionable motives & unscrupulous behavior, Meghan is well respected by many. It is heartwarming to see people who have been inspired by her & know her for her generosity & kindness.

Young women who knew Meghan and were helped by her, before other people heard about her, including Prince Harry or those who have been helped since. Meghan’s sincerity shines brightly.

As proven by these unnecessary articles, the most appropriate action was taken.

Think what you will of Piers Morgan, but it is fairly evident that Meghan reached out to him to network and advance her own career. And there is absolutely no problem whatsoever with this-- this is what actresses, and people in all fields, do, as Piers acknowledges. Piers himself has no problem with this. The entire business world is made up of these sorts of relationships. The reality is, though, that the very day she met Prince Harry, for whatever reason, she decided she did not need this major networking connection. (And whatever opinion people hold of Piers, he is indeed a major networking connection.) People can draw their own conclusions about this. Personally, I find it strange that someone would throw away a professional connection that she spent literally years cultivating after one date. To me, personally, this implies that she met Harry and decided right away that she no longer needed important connections in her industry-- in other words, she knew she wouldn't be continuing in the industry. Others disagree and that is ok.

And again, say what you will about Piers, but this was a professional networking connection that she cultivated-- his own screenshots are conclusive of this and no one has ever denied it. Anyone would be upset if they responded to someone in their industry and that person took them up on the offer, decided they no longer needed the connection, and cut off all contact. It is rude whether they were friends or professional contacts. Whether others would go on air or write stories about it is another matter-- but then, that is the world they live in.

You are absolutely correct! She did cultivate a relationship based on her profession as an actress and she saw him as an avenue for promoting her show! Piers and Meghan also had similar views on gun control.

And I agree...there was NOTHING wrong with Meghan having a relationship with Piers Morgan at that point in her life.

But let's not be naive. Do we really think that Meghan's relationship with Harry and the royals would have gotten as far as it did if it was known that she continued a close link with Piers Morgan?

I loved Princess Diana but her close relationship with some media to the point that she leaked information to them about the royals did untold damage to the British monarchy at that time.

Under no circumstances should that reoccur!

When it came down to it Meghan had to make a choice between Piers Morgan OR a growing relationship with Prince Harry which became very serious. And she did make that choice to HER benefit. Piers Morgan can take a seat and forever mourn about being ghosted.

End of.

Last edited:
I think the gripes are from Meghan's self assuranceness. Those people no matter their position want the American to reach out to them and "show her the ropes". They never had a chance to get inside the royal circle and when that didn't happened it went crazy. I hope Meghan forges her path to do a lot of good things for the UK and beyond with the help of people who can give her sound advice and support.

Great article; and I trust Meghan took Michelle's advice to heart. Meghan is planning to announce her royal patronage at the beginning of next year. Looking forward.

Yes, it is a good article. I like that the author points out
"If the Duchess of Sussex behaves like a Princess she is getting above herself and has abdicated her responsibilities as an independent woman to speak out. If she speaks out she is roundly condemned for not knowing her place at the palace".

In regards to your other post, I agree, no person needs to keep toxic people in their lives. Considering the ongoing, ridiculous behaviour, it was most appropriate that contact was cut.

Yes, it is a good article. I like that the author points out
"If the Duchess of Sussex behaves like a Princess she is getting above herself and has abdicated her responsibilities as an independent woman to speak out. If she speaks out she is roundly condemned for not knowing her place at the palace".

In regards to your other post, I agree, no person needs to keep toxic people in their lives. Considering the ongoing, ridiculous behaviour, it was most appropriate that contact was cut.

If she did cut off contact with Piers, it seems she made the right decision.

I’m sorry but how did piers Morgan help advance her career exactly? He followed her first by his own admission. He is the one who made the first move. She reached out afterwards. They chatted about her show, she sent him episodes and they made small chat. Again by his own admission.

Meghan networked like everyone did, including Piers when he hit that follow bottom and replied to that DM. They meet once when she was in London unrelated to him. She was being nice but honestly we don’t know her side of this “pub date” he loves to brag about. What if he was a creep? What if he tossed out some inappropriateness? Look how he acting. It’s possible. At the end of the day Piers just clickbait.

Or it’s as simple as he is a tabloid writer with a very bad relationship with the royals and she decided to end talking to him. They weren’t besties. Im sure he has done the same to people and honestly had she not married who she did, he likely wouldn’t care. He missed an opportunity and was rejected. His ego is bruised.

:previous: Exactly! His ego is very bruised. And right, Piers had nothing to do with advancing Meghan's career. Suits was already successful, and Meghan and her castmates were doing very well with no help from Piers. Making the connection with Piers once he reached out to her, was part of Meghan helping to continue promoting goodwill for the show. If anything, it was Piers being a fan and a hanger-on. He loved the show, and he wanted to get advance copies of episodes and insider info. He's admitted to enormous pique at having that access taken away once Meghan began dating Prince Harry. The reason Piers was dropped by Meghan and her castmates is because he could not be trusted. Harry obviously informed Meghan about Piers' untrustworthy tabloid purveyor notoriety in the U.K.

If she did cut off contact with Piers, it seems she made the right decision.

Let’s look at it from a different side of this. It seems to me that Meghan understood who you can be friends with in a professional capacity and who you can be friends with on a personal capacity and you can truly trust. Rick Hoffman, along with rest of her Suits family, closed up as soon as this became public. I remember reading an article right after Harry’s letter that there were other incidents where the cast was always friendly with press and have a good relationship with them, but once the news came out about Meghan and Harry, you can’t even get them to answer a FB message.

Now as for Piers, he went on and on about his “friendship” with Meghan and disclosed details as soon as he possibly could.

It sounded like, once again, Meghan made the right judgment call about people.

Think what you will of Piers Morgan, but it is fairly evident that Meghan reached out to him to network and advance her own career. And there is absolutely no problem whatsoever with this-- this is what actresses, and people in all fields, do, as Piers acknowledges. Piers himself has no problem with this. The entire business world is made up of these sorts of relationships. The reality is, though, that the very day she met Prince Harry, for whatever reason, she decided she did not need this major networking connection. (And whatever opinion people hold of Piers, he is indeed a major networking connection.) People can draw their own conclusions about this. Personally, I find it strange that someone would throw away a professional connection that she spent literally years cultivating after one date. To me, personally, this implies that she met Harry and decided right away that she no longer needed important connections in her industry-- in other words, she knew she wouldn't be continuing in the industry. Others disagree and that is ok.

But also consider the attitude we’re seeing on display from Morgan, the assumption on his part that they weren’t just networking connections but suddenly, by way of these professional communications, good personal friends. That’s creepy. And we can’t know for sure what he was saying to her at the time or how she took it, but if a guy like Piers Morgan took my professional networking as a deep and instant personal connection, I’d certainly at least be questioning how much I really needed that connection and whether I could afford to drop him. If he was behaving questionably, ghosting wouldn’t be rude so much as smart. And if, at the same time, I happened to truly develop an instant connection with a prince for whom a contact with someone like Piers would be liability...well, the decision would be that much easier.

I'm afraid I don't follow. Meghan did not even know Harry when she reached out to Piers, she asked to meet up with him, she asked to be on his show, and she asked to introduce him to her fellow cast members. Far from being a royal insider, Meghan had not spoken one word to Harry or any other member of the Royal Family.

And again, say what you will about Piers, but this was a professional networking connection that she cultivated-- his own screenshots are conclusive of this and no one has ever denied it. Anyone would be upset if they responded to someone in their industry and that person took them up on the offer, decided they no longer needed the connection, and cut off all contact. It is rude whether they were friends or professional contacts. Whether others would go on air or write stories about it is another matter-- but then, that is the world they live in.
She met him once. Hardly years of work down the drain. :lol:

Do I think it was flat out you are out completely that day? No. However, I’m sure Meghan is more than aware that friendship with media only went so far before the job gets in the way and she had to hit pause. It’s reality. Think about it from this way, do any of us expect Pier Morgan, or any other entertainment journalist, with this type of scoop to keep it quiet for friendship’s sake in this case? No? So why do we expect Meghan to continue the relationship until she could find out what she has with Harry? And obviously, eventually they got serious and it was even more of a closing rank situation.

And say whatever you want about it, but Harry and Meghan did decide there was enough there to be serious with each other early on. By the time it came out, I don’t think Harry would’ve issued that statement had it not been serious. Perhaps not engagement, but they were serious about each other and finding out if they could make it last.

Piers is deluded if he thought once Meghan and Harry were dating that she would continue any relationship with him. I am surprised he is that naive.

I agree with the comment that he would love to be like Richard Kay of the 90s.

Since Meghan and Harry were serious within a month of meeting, it is not surprising the budding connection with Piers was dropped quickly. Especially once she learned of his reputation in Britain, which is smarmier than his reputation in the U.S. Any message to Piers would have been used against Meghan and outed the new romance. I don't blame her for ending the connection when she did.

Last edited:
It is obvious that she probably talked to Harry about her acquaintance with him, and it is pretty obvious she was advised to keep her distance. She probably didn't know about his past exploits. Under his stewardship at the Daily Mirror as the editor in chief, there was that phone hacking controversy. Knowing Harry opinion about the Press and the tabloids in particular, it is understandable that they would would to keep him at bay. One does not need to be a rocket scientist to see why he acts like a scorned date. He wanted to use her as an entry to the BRF once the news of her relationship wit Harry became public. Unfortunately for him, she rightly cut him off

Consider this a show of support for a young woman who is five months pregnant, in a new role, in a new country and has become the subject of such vitriol it would destroy the strongest of individuals.

https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/new...r-late-mother-in-law-princess-diana-1-9477169

Thanks for sharing @DeeT. I agree wholeheartedly with this writer, and I'm glad she included those pertinent and enlightening references to Michelle Obama, who shares many similarities with the Duchess of Sussex. I definitely agree that they are both strong women whose voices need to be heard in the world. Simply because Meghan married into the royal family does not mean she needs to hide her light behind a bushel. Meghan being herself takes nothing away from anyone else. As the Duchess of Sussex, she has a lot of strengths to offer the modern monarchy. Meghan becoming part of the royal firm is addition, not subtraction.

"There are a lot of similarities in the perceived role of First Lady and a new Duchess. Both are expected to play second fiddle to the main man. But neither of these women was cut out for the role of dancing to that tune. Nor should they be. They are strong independent individuals whose marriages do not define them...

[Here's] a quote from Michelle Obama’s speech when she spoke of the way her parents had encouraged her to make her way in the world. 'Instead of doing what we often do to girls who are feisty which is to put that flame out they found a way to keep that flame lit, because they knew I would need it later on. And to have that flame lit in a girl means that you have to value her voice and let her speak.'"

[...] I refer right back to the words Meghan recited from Marianne Williamson's Our Greatest Fear, a number of posts ago (see previous page).

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."

I suppose everyone can take from it what they will. But these words most certainly do not mean that Meghan doesn't understand what her role is within the royal family. As I said in my most recent post: Meghan joining the royal family is addition, not subtraction. By being herself, the Duchess of Sussex adds a lot of positives to the royal firm. The monarchy can not continue to exist without changing.

By Meghan sharing her voice and her good works with people and projects in need, how is that 'misguided in her thinking'? Just because Meghan advocates for everyone shining their light in the presence of others does not mean she has designs on the throne. Why on earth are you even characterizing Meghan in that way? Of course she understands the British monarchy's line of inheritance. But does that mean she needs to grovel and hide her own light behind a bushel? She's a person who expects the best from herself and who cares about and encourages others.

Meghan has done nothing out of line. She has made tremendous sacrifices to marry for love. And upon joining the royal family, she has worked diligently to learn, to listen, and to fit in while also not losing who she is as a strong woman with a voice. At the same time, Meghan has muted her voice and began living under the radar, so she is adapting to necessary changes in a new country, a new marriage, and a very different life. Few people could manage to do all that she has done with such aplomb and grace. However, I truly hope Meghan is not going to completely silence her voice or lose herself. And obviously Harry doesn't want his wife to lose who she is either, because he surely wants her to continue being at her essence, the woman he fell in love with.

The British royal family has always seemed to realize the importance of adapting to changing times. QEII has most definitely understood that reality over the course of her 65-year reign. I believe that the Queen is overjoyed at seeing the happy marriages of all of her grandchildren, and in knowing that when she passes, the monarchy is going to be left very strong and in good hands for the forseeable future. If the Queen is not a stuck-in-the-mud thinker at 92 years of age, why should courtiers, staffers, royal journalists, and royal observers be? ;)

As far as Piers, I think the cap to put on it is as I already said, Piers is peeved about no longer receiving free advance copies of Suits episodes. What more is there to say really about PM that hasn't been said already. :ermm: He's not on the Duchess of Sussex's radar.

Excellent post, MaiaMaia_53! Meghan doesn’t have to dim her light to prop up others. She’s doing just fine. That’s why Harry chose her and not others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom