The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2019, 08:33 AM
Majesty

Quote:
At some point, perhaps when she was preparing another cosy supper at Nottingham Cottage, I like to think the moment came when Meghan Markle decided enough was enough.

She slammed the organic chicken into the oven, pounded the avocados with an unknown ferocity and realised that another glass of cinnamon tea wasn’t going to calm her down this time.

‘Harry,’ she said, addressing the Prince, who was sitting in an armchair, giggling over his copy of The Beano. ‘I’m just not going to take it any more.’
Read more: JAN MOIR: Look out, it’s Operation MEGHAN (Make Everyone Gush, Honour And Nurture)

Old 02-08-2019, 09:00 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ying-fire.html

RICHARD KAY: Like Princess Diana, I fear that Meghan may be playing with fire by allowing friends to speak for her
By RICHARD KAY, EDITOR AT LARGE FOR THE DAILY MAIL

PUBLISHED: 23:40, 7 February 2019 | UPDATED: 01:47, 8 February 2019

LOL - this is the right guy talking.

I think Meghan has to accept that there are many Britons who see her marriage to Harry as a deep no-go in their society.

For non-Britons the British society theses tabloids cater to is often archaic - with that firm belief that people are born into their place in osciety, so have to stay, that class differences are something that protects their society while a multicultural approach endangers it.

While a lot of that is not as hard and immovable than it used to be, I thin a lot of the rules still apply to the Royal family.

And the inventors of the tabloid stories know these "ancient myths" by heart. Eg the stories about staff members who leave the Royal household because of Meghan. It's an old "myth" that servants have to respect their betters in order to serve them, that it's not only the money, but respect as well. While a true "Lady" can get away with everything, an imposter is frozen out by the refusal of service. You see this as a meme in Fairy Tales and you see it in folklore. But nowadays the higher ranks do what they want and the lower classes often hate that. Because they often think: why are these people so much better off when they are not better than I am. What was once acceptance, turns in some cases into envy and hate.
They do not love their RF, the love an idealized idea of a RF. The queen fits right in, Prince Philip gets away with a lotbuit Harry and William marrying "unsuitable" women is difficult to stomach for a lot of these people - and the tabloids cater to their feelings.

And just imagine what some people will thing about Baby Sussex as a Royal "halfblood", not better than a changeling....

But I think Harry knew that and he talked to Meghan about it.I am sure they can protect their children from the media (especially in the controlled environment of Windsor Home Park, with the gardens of Frogmore a large area where the kids can play without meeting people who may sprout hate at them). And I am sure Harry and Meghan can bring them up to a point where they will understand what is happening and get over it easily. And just ignore the papers. And freeze those writers out who cater for that dumb and racist part of the public. Because in the end: it's the RF who is at the top of society and there afew people in society who cannot take a hint that some things are frowned upon.

My personal bet is that Piers Morgan, Camilla T. and others are already realise that they are frozen out and that's why they rant so much.

Old 02-08-2019, 09:05 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Quite the contrary. All this proves to me is that, if this has been authorised tacitly or otherwise by Meghan, her judgement in these matters is not great. Apart from the obvious issues of engaging with the media, she will be attracting the disapproval of the Queen, Charles, William and the Palace machinery; never a great step, and certainly not one so early in her royal career.
Oh please, Charles and William themselves has had “friends” speak on their behalf with things. If I had a penny for every time we found out details from friends close to the royal. And Mark Bolland anyone?
Old 02-08-2019, 09:19 AM
Serene Highness

So apparently it's okay for anything to be said negatively against Meghan. It's okay for her to be painted into a corner and marginalized. And her friends speaking out against that in an innocuous way is such a horror to the very people who foment negativity and divisiveness. That includes everyone with a negative thought against the Sussexes.

I repeat what alvinking noted: Why are the negative perpetrators of all stripes allowed to have it their way? They wish to gape at the Sussexes, examine them in minute detail, look down on them, criticize and marginalize them at the same time declaring they are not that important in the scheme of royal life. Everything the Sussexes do is overexamined. And any response anyone would make on their behalf, or even that they would make in a mild but pointed way (e.g., the Marianne Williamson wisdom Meghan read at the Henry van Straubenzee memorial service in December) is totally frowned upon.

This cannot continue. Detractors need to calm down. I really hope that to preserve their private lives, the Sussexes will depart to some remote location where they can't be tracked down, and live out their lives in peace. At this juncture, that needs to happen. There is nothing Meghan or Harry can do for those who hold some bias against them for who they are as a couple. They shine as a couple and they want to do good in the world as a couple. And they want to live their lives in pursuit of their duties on behalf of the royal institution, as well as living in as much peace and privacy as they can. But that requires media and worshipers and detractors alike backing off and calming down.

These outcries by the media against the support of Meghan by her friends is very similar to the outcries that ensued after Harry's famous press release in November 2016 warning the media to back-off so he and Meghan could conduct their courtship with a modicum of privacy, and without her being harassed and her background being targeted and looked down upon.
Old 02-08-2019, 09:28 AM
Heir Presumptive

And this is exactly the reason IMHO why they move to Frogmore. That's a place where they can go out and enjoy their own garden plus the Frogmore gardens without having to bother that someone watches them and makes a negative headline out of their life. I think I could easily get used to see them in public doing things for charity and to support the monarchy, but I don't need any private pic of them if that means the media is going to trash them for whatever they claim is happening on the pic. Than God for the internet and discreet couture tailors, so Meghan can shop the things she needs for her duties in peace.
Old 02-08-2019, 09:39 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Despite it all, she’s doing what the royals do best..carrying on with her head held high and with a smile on her face. I just feel bad a pregnant woman is being put through so much.
Right you are. But your latter concern is quite clearly why DoS Meghan's friends have spoken out. As strong as Meghan is, I'm sure her friends are worried about her well-being, particularly as her due date nears, and this OTT frenzy and negativity continues unabated.
Old 02-08-2019, 09:41 AM
Royal Highness

I think it’s quite comical that the press has overwhelmingly attacked Meghan for over 2 years now but the moment there is a little push back they cry foul.

The thing though is the public reaction doesn’t match their anger. I mostly see “leave her alone” and this is not from fans but other public figures and people with with official blue checks by their names.

So really they can rant all they want but honestly they just pissed they were scooped.
Old 02-08-2019, 10:09 AM
Aristocracy

The Torygraph’s (Daily Telegraph) associate editor is speculating in a long and very detailed article on the identity of Meg’s friends with a headline:
“Meghan's closest friends have dished the dirt – but who broke rank?”
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/royal-fa...rt-broke-rank/

I have inserted a few short quotes:

“......So who are they? Speculation is already mounting that if the “former co-star” is Raffety, the other former acting colleague could be Abigail Spencer, 37, who also attended the Windsor nuptials and has previously gushed about her Suits castmate’s relationship with Prince Harry. She also used to make contributions to Meghan’s now-defunct website Tig.”

.....”Who has broken cover? ....Meghan’s former Suits co-star Sarah Rafferty has been linked to the leak.
“[Meghan’s] got warm elegance, though her style is hard to pin down,” Spencer told Vanity Fair in 2017. “When you’re talking to her, you feel like you’re the only person on the planet. And it’s just wonderful to see her so in love.” It is perhaps noteworthy that Meghan’s “elegance, grace and philanthropy” was referred to in the People feature, which also attested to Meghan being “incredibly organised, diligent, focused and hard-working” and “ordering gourmet burgers” to boost the spirits of the crew on set.”
“Indeed, the only vaguely famous name being linked to the leak is Meghan’s former Suits co-star Sarah Rafferty, 46, who attended the royal wedding last May and was among a trio of former colleagues who spilled the beans about the nuptials on NBC’s Today Show.
Since People magazine has previously described Lindsay Roth, 36, as Meghan’s bestie, it seems likely the TV producer and author may be the “longtime friend” quoted.
Could the close confident who describes feeling Meghan’s “energy” and “calm” on her wedding day be Pilates instructor Heather Dorak? The hyperbole certainly smacks of someone into spiritual healing. The former dancer, 37, who owns Pilates Platinum in Los Angeles has been pictured hanging out with Meghan for several years now and they even holidayed together in 2016.
Another possibility is Benita Litt, who joined Meghan and Dorak on that holiday with her daughters Rylan, 7, and Remi, 6, who are Meghan’s godchildren and were flower girls at her wedding. The Californian former lawyer-turned fashion entrepreneur works with companies like Netflix and Samsung. She is married to Darren Litt, who is an investor and entrepreneur. Based in Beverly Hills, Litt could qualify as the “friend from LA”.
So, too, could Janina Gavankar, 38, who has been friends with Meghan for years. She inspired Gavankar to launch her own website, AltFound. “Over our almost 15-year friendship, I’ve watched Meghan’s dedication to self-growth and generosity,” Gavankar wrote when she launched the site. “As she grew The Tig, she urged me to do the same, for my own voice.”..,
Old 02-08-2019, 10:17 AM
Aristocracy

Richard Kay is a HYPOCRITE. He was Diana’s main mouthpiece.
Old 02-08-2019, 10:19 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
I imagine the horrendous down-side of social media with which she has always had a fairly benign relationship and royal reporters claiming utterly vile things about her and Catherine's supposed feud, etc. must have come as a rude shock. Worse, not being in a position to stand up and say "that didn't happen!" or "that's not true" has probably been a source of more than a little heartache to Meghan and, by extension, Harry.

She is now in a totally new environment, expected to say nothing and do nothing, be totally above such scurrilous trash, supremely unaffected and treating it with the contempt it deserves.

But the trouble is, it is 2019 and the type of attacks have changed from those aimed at the Queen, Prince Philip, Princess Anne, Prince Charles, etc.twenty odd years ago...

Never complain, never explain may have been Queen Mary's dictum, but it really doesn't cut the mustard these days, which is why I can see friends of Meghan trying to help out but unaware that this behaviour unbelievably, is seen as unacceptable as the original dirt.

All is pure to the pure and watching Meghan writing messages on bananas came from a place of thoughtful kindness, the media saw it as facile and pathetic and so very Hollywood.

I believe I will make a conscious decision to see the world through Harry and Meghan's eyes, understand that kindness is never wasted, and know that trying to be the best person you can be without fear or favour is the best we can do in this world. The colours are brighter and the people nicer in that world.
Thank you for your thoughtful contributions to the conversation. I like the colours and brightness of the world you describe. We've actually seen that type of world reflected in the genuine goodwill of the people who greet the Sussexes on walkabouts. We saw these colours and this brightness everpresent during the Sussexes South Pacific tour. So this type of world can exist. But there is obviously darkness inevitably abounding which is always trying to obscure the light and taint the good.

Would that everyone could see that the Sussexes are simply a young couple who fell in love, and who want to do good in the world and spread kindness. It's as simple as that. It doesn't make them perfect, neither should it make them targets for OTT scrutiny, exploitation and blind, mindless abuse.

I can see Harry wishing once again that he wasn't royal. That he could be an everyman who married for love and be able to do his good deeds in peace and harmony with his lovely, remarkable wife. But without all the OTT attention and scrutiny that comes solely from the fact of his being a British royal, and Meghan being seen as uniquely 'different.'
Old 02-11-2019, 06:10 PM
Imperial Majesty

And now for a little chuckle.

I have allowed myself to place this here, rather than in the general thread that is temporarily closed in the hope that the mods will eventually move my post.

As you know Meghan wrote a letter to her dad and I won't get into details about that, that's besides the point I wish to make here. Which is: Experts and to the amazing extent "experts" are able to analyze absolutely everything. Makes me wonder whether I chose the wrong profession...

Mirror has asked an graphologist, Ruth Myers, to analyze Meghan based on that letter - and there is no end to what she has found out!
Read and enjoy here: https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-new...-self-13980578

While I firmly believe a graphologists is able to determine the state of mind of someone writing something - agitated, calm, loving, distracted and the like. And also to a considerable extent about the general traits of a writer - slobby, perfectionist, unused to writing letters, used to writing in the hand and the likes. - And that's about it.
These are things a reputable graphologist with a high degree of certainty can and should be able to deduce from a letter, even if she didn't understand a single word of what was written.
Everything else is pure speculation IMO.

You simply cannot tell from handwriting alone whether a person feels sorry for herself.
And to conclude that Meghan is emotionally unstable... Ding-ding-dingaling! Captain Obvious has struck again. It was a letter to her, to put it mildly, estranged dad! Even Spock from Star Trek would be emotionally unstable writing such a letter.

My conclusion is that the conclusion the "expert" has reached is 80 % blah-blah.
Old 02-11-2019, 06:53 PM
Majesty

I fear Ms Meyers was a little heavy-handed with the Eye of Newt and the Toe of Frog must have come from a severely very undersized frog.
Old 02-11-2019, 08:32 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post

I have allowed myself to place this here, rather than in the general thread that is temporarily closed in the hope that the mods will eventually move my post.

As you know Meghan wrote a letter to her dad and I won't get into details about that, that's besides the point I wish to make here. Which is: Experts and to the amazing extent "experts" are able to analyze absolutely everything. Makes me wonder whether I chose the wrong profession...

Mirror has asked an graphologist, Ruth Myers, to analyze Meghan based on that letter - and there is no end to what she has found out!
Read and enjoy here: https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-new...-self-13980578

While I firmly believe a graphologists is able to determine the state of mind of someone writing something - agitated, calm, loving, distracted and the like. And also to a considerable extent about the general traits of a writer - slobby, perfectionist, unused to writing letters, used to writing in the hand and the likes. - And that's about it.
These are things a reputable graphologist with a high degree of certainty can and should be able to deduce from a letter, even if she didn't understand a single word of what was written.
Everything else is pure speculation IMO.

You simply cannot tell from handwriting alone whether a person feels sorry for herself.
And to conclude that Meghan is emotionally unstable... Ding-ding-dingaling! Captain Obvious has struck again. It was a letter to her, to put it mildly, estranged dad! Even Spock from Star Trek would be emotionally unstable writing such a letter.

My conclusion is that the conclusion the "expert" has reached is 80 % blah-blah.
I would agree with you if you suggested the 'handwriting analyst' was 100% blah blah with an extra blah for good measure! How very unfortunate the Duchess is in her paternal family. Hopefully the Duchess has learned never to write her father again (how sad!) and one trusts that the legal counsel retained by the BRF will put an end to the Markle debacle.
Old 02-11-2019, 08:41 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post

(...)

The DF needed three "experts" to finally get a negative interpretation... Why can't these people not simply respect Meghan's wish for a private life that is that: private?
Old 02-14-2019, 06:05 PM
Nobility

I read an article by Arthur Edwards (very experienced at watching royals at work) who stated that Meghan engages brilliantly with people on royal engagements.
That's positive.
He's hoping her future involves working more with British royal correspondants like older royals and less with US media. I predict Meghan's future will involve more and more charitable outings and the regular British press will support her.
Old 02-14-2019, 06:15 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I think out of all the royal reporters that I've come to "know" over the years, I think that Arthur Edwards is perhaps one of the most respected ones by the BRF. He's been at it for a very long time.

Right now though, I don't see Meghan catering at all to *any* royal reporter or *any* media be it UK or US. She's doing what she needs to do with style and grace and putting her best foot forward to do her job to the best of her abilities and with *no* thought to the media whatsoever.
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 02-14-2019, 06:22 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of the Jungle View Post
I read an article by Arthur Edwards (very experienced at watching royals at work) who stated that Meghan engages brilliantly with people on royal engagements.
That's positive.
He's hoping her future involves working more with British royal correspondants like older royals and less with US media. I predict Meghan's future will involve more and more charitable outings and the regular British press will support her.
Here’s the entire article

ARTHUR EDWARDS: Meghan Markle, lighten up. You’re not the new Princess Diana and it’s time you and Prince Harry ended this phoney media war
Old 02-14-2019, 06:25 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I think out of all the royal reporters that I've come to "know" over the years, I think that Arthur Edwards is perhaps one of the most respected ones by the BRF. He's been at it for a very long time.

Right now though, I don't see Meghan catering at all to *any* royal reporter or *any* media be it UK or US. She's doing what she needs to do with style and grace and putting her best foot forward to do her job to the best of her abilities and with *no* thought to the media whatsoever.
I agree with you, Osipi. I read the article in the Sun today by Arthur Edwards, and I just wonder how William feels about him now. A lot of what he said I agree with, but the idea that Meghan should "meet with Britian's royal correspondents " so that "her profile would improve" sounds to me like a veiled threat. To me, it is like he is saying that if she does not give them access, they will continue to malign her in the press. What they should be looking at is the work she is doing and how much she has accomplished in the short time she has been a member of the BRF. That alone should define her "profile."
Old 02-14-2019, 06:36 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
OK. I read the article. Thanks for posting it Rudolph.

This line jumped out at me, and hits me as the bottom line of truth. "Their PR advisers hope to bypass the traditional media by controlling the photographs and stories they release."

Royal reporters and the media they work for are no longer really necessary to feed the world with what's going on in the royal world. Newspapers and magazines are going the way of the dinosaur and the online versions compete with each other to get a "scoop" that no one else has regardless of the validity or facts of said "scoop".

The way Harry and Meghan are doing things right now works for them and they have some semblance of a private life. Talking and including the British royal reporters aren't going to be on their list of high priorities. Ever.
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 02-14-2019, 07:35 PM
Serene Highness

I read the piece by Arthur Edwards, and have mixed feelings about it. There's a fair amount of hyperbole in there, but he does have some good points, including the fact that what Camilla dealt with for years was at least as bad, and possibly worse than Meghan. I also agree that George Clooney's comments have not been helpful, and he really shouldn't have inserted himself into the story.

On the other hand, I'm not sure what he really wants Harry and Meghan to do, other than make themselves more accessible to the press. To Osipi's point, KP's press officers don't have to use the press as intermediaries, so what incentive do they have to do so? But while the press doesn't control the story anymore as they did with Diana and Camilla, they aren't dead and gone yet (see The Daily Mail, and how often it's cited even here, where we know better) so there might be an opportunity to wring a little bit more positive press out of them. I don't blame Harry and Meghan for wanting to circumvent the press, but I'm not actually sure that's possible at this point, and there might be some benefit to forging a slightly more cordial relationship. Maybe.

Closed Thread