Duke and Duchess of Sussex, General News Part 1: May 2018 - December 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I look forward to seeing M&H again during the upcoming Rembrance ceremonies on November 10.

Last edited by a moderator:

There is an article in the DF claiming she will be invited to stay at Sandringham for Christmas. While the source is not reliable it would be a lovely gesture and I hope it is true
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...other-Doria-spend-Christmas-Royal-Family.html

I actually saw this story and I'm not sure how credible it is. We'll have to wait and see. Regarding the thread, I think it would be nice to discuss Ms. Ragland, however, the Mods have made it abundantly clear that the DoS's family is off limits. Unfortunately, even if this thread starts off with the best of intentions, it's only a matter of time before someone brings up the 'other' side, and boom, we're back where we started.

It is not exceptional. The Queen has invited other in-laws in the course of years. The Middletons come to mind.

I believe Doria is the first MIL to be invited in the first year of marriage, the others came later. Unless we see them going to church, we never actually get confirmation a set off in laws have attended Christmas.

It wouldn't surprise me, seeing as Meghan is Doria's closest relative and Meghan knows she'll have to be in the UK for christmases from now on, it only seems right to offer the invitation.

I hope this is true as well. Meghan must be needing her mom now with her first pregnancy. Visits to LA would have required a lot of work security wise. I was wondering how Thanksgiving would be handled this year. Would it be Harry's first or would they celebrate at all?.

Re Thanks giving. Perhaps Meghan can cook up a turkey dinner for Harry.
It's possible American expats get together in the UK for some sort celebration that H and M could join. In a low key capacity of course.

I am pleased to see this thread for Doria.
And as I have said before I hope she is keeping a scrap book on Meghans new life. Especially for all the wonderful photos of the tour.
I hope Doria does come over for Christmas. That would be the best Christmas present for Meghan. To have her mum with her.

Its highly unlikely Harry has celebrated 'Thanksgiving' before .. it is only 'kept' by US Expats here, or those with American connections, so it may well be the first year it has any meaning for him.

Last edited:
It is not exceptional. The Queen has invited other in-laws in the course of years. The Middletons come to mind.

The Middletons stayed at Anmer not at the main house, the two are miles away from each other. Nor did they walk with the royals at Christmas 2014 (their only Christmas at Anmer), they walked with the regular congregation. So if this story is true it would be quite different from the Middletons.

A few of Harry's friends like Mark Dyer and Guy Pelly have American wives so perhaps they will all get together to have a dinner. I'm sure Harry hasnt celebrated Thanksgiving before but I've got a feeling Meghan will want to. I hope the report is true about Doria. It would be lovely for her and for Meghan.

A few of Harry's friends like Mark Dyer and Guy Pelly have American wives so perhaps they will all get together to have a dinner. I'm sure Harry hasnt celebrated Thanksgiving before but I've got a feeling Meghan will want to. I hope the report is true about Doria. It would be lovely for her and for Meghan.

Is Tom van Straubenzee still with his American girlfriend?

Not sure but if he is then they may join them as well. What is happening with the Festival of Remembrance? Are Meghan and Harry going?

Not sure but if he is then they may join them as well. What is happening with the Festival of Remembrance? Are Meghan and Harry going?

I believe they will be there.

Doria has made the impression she has is because she kept a dignified silence about Meghan's royal marriage. She comes off as not being impressed with Harry's princely rank. She only cares that Harry is a good husband and father. And Doria impresses on me that if something is out of pocket she will say something no matter who it is but it won't be spilled all over the media. I wonder if at times she thinks her blood, which descended from American slavery, will be a successor to the British throne. I think that is why Doria comports herself the way she does - to show Baby Sussex he/she comes from a heritage to be proud of. Some will try to slate the baby for the African American background but Doria will be there to provide support, pride and love.

....she's much like the Middletons, quietly supporting and discreet.

It makes sense to me that she would want to spend Christmas with her only child...heck if it was me I'd do it every year if I could.

I wouldn't be surprised if Harry has been to a Thanksgiving dinner before..he has more than one friend with an American wife/girlfriend.

LaRae

Doria has made the impression she has is because she kept a dignified silence about Meghan's royal marriage. She comes off as not being impressed with Harry's princely rank. She only cares that Harry is a good husband and father. And Doria impresses on me that if something is out of pocket she will say something no matter who it is but it won't be spilled all over the media. I wonder if at times she thinks her blood, which descended from American slavery, will be a successor to the British throne. I think that is why Doria comports herself the way she does - to show Baby Sussex he/she comes from a heritage to be proud of. Some will try to slate the baby for the African American background but Doria will be there to provide support, pride and love.

I agree that Doria is a woman of grace, beauty and a very dignified woman who is a lady above all, yet why would she or anyone think that a child born of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex would be a successor to the throne? Harry is not the heir last I read, He is the 2nd son of the current heir and his brother, William is the first born of Charles and Diana. None of us know what the future for anyone holds....assuming something in the future holds no grounds in realization of what is current today. ?

Even if not the heir...Harry is a successor to the Throne...ergo so would their child be.

LaRae

Even if not the heir...Harry is a successor to the Throne...ergo so would their child be.

LaRae

Is being in line for the throne the same as being a successor to the throne? I have always thought that to be a successor was to be heir, not in line which so many people are.....just how many are in line to the BRF throne.....dozens/hundreds and maybe some even foreign royals are in line yet I would not think they are a successor.

Is being in line for the throne the same as being a successor to the throne? I have always thought that to be a successor was to be heir, not in line which so many people are.....just how many are in line to the BRF throne.....dozens/hundreds and maybe some even foreign royals are in line yet I would not think they are a successor.

True. To be the successor means you will take over the throne. Though it would be amusing if people started calling Philip, successor, as he's in-line too. Though quite an apocalypse of events would be needed for Philip to take over the throne as King.

Well he could be both...but barring a horrible tragedy it isn't going to happen anyway.

LaRae

The discussion about Harry and Meghan’s country home, has been moved to the ‘Future Home for Prince Harry’ thread.

Comments about the Royal Variety Performance have been moved here.

Last edited:
Any chance that we can possibly import the Australian media to cover the royal stories rather than the tabloid British press? I kind of grew attached to them during Harry and Meghan's tour poʍu nupǝɹ. :D

Just a reminder, this thread isn’t about the Markles, or the media and their coverage of Meghan.

This is so ridiculous. Of course Eugenie and Jack (and Meghan and Harry, too) have friends who gave them a personal gift and received personal and fast answers. And those who donated as a wedding gift get this polite and understandible letter some times later. Probably this strange "Melissa" was just bored after 6 months of writing such letters to anyone who supported the couple. My, my, the Daily Fail...

Can someone explain to me why is that even noteworthy? Of course it's going to be late, KP has publicly said how much mail they've received in that month alone.

Can someone explain to me why is that even noteworthy? Of course it's going to be late, KP has publicly said how much mail they've received in that month alone.

I don't think the story of the aide moving on is newsworthy, but thank you letters nearly 6 months on from the wedding is just not on. Sloppy and unbecoming, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom