Duke and Duchess of Sussex, Current Events 1: May 2018 - March 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love what I saw on this visit. For the lunch Harry pulled a chair out for Meghan, sweet touch. How many guys pull a chair for a woman anymore? And giving a bassinet with clothes for a local pregnant woman. Touches like that is what makes these visits special.

I think that meditation has really helped him and Meghan also deal with the non-stop press and noise.

Yes, Meghan has been practicing yoga from the age of 7, and meditation for years as well. Meghan learned yoga from her mother, Doria, who apparently was all about self-improvement and new-age, free-spirited thinking from a young age herself.

Despite all the petty slamming in the media (which surely hurts Meghan on some level), she really seems chill in public. Her acting training has definitely come in handy as a member of the royal family! She knows how to shine for the cameras, and how to keep her nerves under control. I think Meghan experienced considerable nerves in the beginning, especially for her first Christmas at Sandringham. But now, Meghan looked very self-assured and cool as a cucumber last month for Christmas with the royals.

And the acting skill is not about pretense either, it's about knowing how to carry oneself with control and grace. Meghan's and Harry's caring emotions are clearly genuine and heartfelt. I also think that Meghan has learned how to stay fully in the moment, which is definitely a life skill, which she's surely passed on to Harry too. Although, I think Harry has been good at that already in the way he's very present for and attentive to the people he meets.

It was so sweet of Meghan to give the young girl in Birkenhead a single rose from the bouquet, as the little girl seemed to be crying after having to give up the flowers. :flowers:

Last edited:
Short video of the Duke and Duchess on the visit to the community supermarket in Birkenhead yesterday.

A great video of Meghan meeting a 10 year old girl who said she wanted to be a mental health nurse and taking her over to meet with Harry. Unfortunately there is no audio but you can tell how much she appreciated having a chat with them.

"I am so proud of my little sister. Meghan marched her right over to Prince Harry after she told him she wanted to be a mental health nurse and help people! she got a little tears but wow she’s only 10 years old !! �� #HarryandMeghan #MentalHealthMatters"
Coo ��
@courtneywynne_

Quite fun how Meghan still tends to introduce herself by telling her name when she shakes hands with people..

It was wonderful to read those heartwarming tweets and I bet he is very glad he invited the Sussexes to Birkenhead. As he told Chris Ship 'I you don't ask you don't get!' And I hope the couple continue to visit the town, the school, the area. The more visits and engagements away from London and its environs the better, IMO.

Kensington Palace
‏Verified account @KensingtonRoyal
3m3 minutes ago

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex will visit Bristol on Friday 1st February to meet members of the public, learn more about the city’s rich cultural history, and visit organisations supporting communities most in need. #RoyalVisitBristol

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex will visit @BristolOldVic, where they will tour the recently renovated facility. Their Royal Highnesses will also visit @EmpireFightingC, which aims to fight the impact of deprivation on young people’s lives through boxing. #RoyalVisitBristol

There is also an embargoed engagement in there.

I’m glad to see the away days.

Bristol has had some heavy snow overnight, the train currently taking reporters to the event has stopped mid journey.

There is ice all over the ground from some of these pictures. I hope everyone stays safe. Too bad about the weather, crappy luck but I am glad for Bristol they were able to still keep the engagement.

Airports also shut down and trains are majorly delayed. Schools are canceled and I think they had an embargoed visit to one of them. So curious to see how that is handled.

They saying they are to arrive in 30 mins.

Last edited:
They decided to do the walkabout after all.

They decided to do the walkabout after all.

There was always going to be a walkabout, but this is not the full one as expected due to the conditions.

Are they arriving by train?

They did indeed arrive by train, it was delayed by 20 minutes. :flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
There was always going to be a walkabout, but this is not the full one as expected due to the conditions.

A few of the RRs had tweeted earlier that it has been canceled though. I assume they got that info from somewhere official but it seems as the crowds got bigger closer to their arrival they changed their minds?

And for who asked they arrived by train.

A few of the RRs had tweeted earlier that it has been canceled though. I assume they got that info from somewhere official but it seems as the crowds got bigger closer to their arrival they changed their minds?

And for who asked they arrived by train.

Both Emily Nash and Victoria Murphy tweeted it wouldn't be a full walkabout due to the conditions. From videos it looks like they're only covering one side of the street so far so this is possible what they mean by not a full one. :lol:

How cute is this:
The welcoming party has princess/prince outfits on underneath their coats but by the time Meghan and Henry had arrived they'd been given biscuits to eat and were a little preoccupied! Haha.

I'd say they are only going to walk where the snow/ice has been removed. So not likely the usual crossing the road etc.

LaRae

Ghastly weather for a walkabout, really bad luck. The snow and ice here reminds me of one of the engagements before the wedding, actually. And I bet the RR contingent just loved being stuck in a train for ages as well! Never mind, the littlies will cheer things up.

A report from The Telegraph, and a look at some of the hardy souls who turned up to meet the couple.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/royal-f...ry-meghan-markle-arrive-snow-covered-bristol/

Last edited:
Harry and Meghan are each going to be presented with a pair of boxing gloves later today, according to Richard Palmer. They are visiting the Empire Fighting Chance Club.

Is there anyone else's tweet we can use for this? I just find his "joke" very unfortunate and NOT funny on a broader issue.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/royal-f...ry-meghan-markle-arrive-snow-covered-bristol/

Drama clubs should be given same emphasis as sport in school, Duchess of Sussex says

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom