Duke and Duchess of Sussex, Current Events 1: May 2018 - March 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Both Meghan and Harry have a genuine warmth when they are doing the meet-and-greets that is lovely to watch. It looks as though it was a very busy day, but a highly successful and meaningful one, too. No doubt we will have the pleasure of seeing many more of these!

I'm so pleased that everything went so well for them and the crowds were delighted to have them there. And the weather helped! I think when Harry and Meghan left they would have been happy with the response from the people of Sussex.

I just looked up the mad about meghan blog (thanks for that Terri) and it gives a much better explanation about the Declaration of Independence.
Also their is a good closeup photo of Meghan wearing a gold signet ring.

Last edited:
Its been the curse of Confucius that states "may you live in interesting times" around here and I've only been able to fleetingly glimpse at the coverage of this visit to Sussex so far. I'm trying my best to catch up. :D

One thought that has gone through my mind once again from what I have seen is that this couple is one that is not only comfortable and at ease in public with each other, but also comfortable and at ease no matter who they're meeting should it be dignitaries, children and even dogs.

I also get the impression that Harry is just about the happiest man on earth and is still floating on a cloud over his good fortune to meet, fall in love with and marry the perfect woman for him but also the perfect woman that totally fits into the lifestyle and roles that he's been born into.

All the world is a stage for these two people and they're happily taking that stage together and making the most out of it.

Some of Harry (and Meghan) in Brighton yesterday. Seems to have been filmed in one side of the street.

Fantastic day and great to see H&M so well received. The crowds were impressive at each location even when a walkabout wasn't scheduled. Rhiannon mentioned that they tend to run behind schedule because they spend more time on the walkabouts. They had to cut the tour of the Royal Pavilion short as a result. I'm really interested to see what kind of crowds they draw on the upcoming tour.

Here's one of my favorite videos of the day. It's nice to see their teamwork. I think back to Trooping and Harry signaling when to curtesy. Here Meghan reminds Harry that they're there to unveil a plaque. :lol:

Aaaw! That's very sweet, in a day full of those sort of moments!

:previous:She's 80. Just trying to make her day I imagine, similar to the 97 year old he kissed at Invictus.

Harry kissing an elderly lady's hand is straight out of his Pa's etiquette handbook. More to the point, I'd wager that lady knows that.

I find such generosity of heart and spirit quite remarkable and altogether very, very special.

Last edited:
By the way, just found this, a long clip of Meghan and Harry's day in Sussex, from Meridian, meeting and greeting people at various locations and towns who were happy to see them. A look inside the Brighton Pavilion too.

Last edited by a moderator:
No surprise there.

Kensington Palace

Verified account

@KensingtonRoyal
34m34 minutes ago
More
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex will attend the @RoyalVariety Performance at the London Palladium on Monday 19th November. #RoyalVarietyPerformance #Variety4Charity

No surprise there.

Kensington Palace

Verified account

@KensingtonRoyal
34m34 minutes ago
More
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex will attend the @RoyalVariety Performance at the London Palladium on Monday 19th November. #RoyalVarietyPerformance #Variety4Charity
Great event. So now we have the three couples taking turns to sit through the event!

taking turns to sit through the event

Even I could just about manage sitting through that purgatory once every three years.. JUST !

Can I say we have no idea what Melissa's last name is and there is no proof that Madonna's former assistant Melissa Crow was employed by KP.

This is information that was spread in some hate blogs on Tumblr but we have yet to see any actual evidence confirming this. All we know for sure about this staff member who quit was her name is Melissa everything is speculation with no evidence to support it.

Really hoping that the 6 mos was a probationary period to see if it was a good fit for both parties before she agrees to stay. The smiles and success on the tour suggests it was.

Mad About Meghan
@MadAboutMeghan
Harry and Meghan had two private engagements today. They attended a Mental Health Innovation volunteers’ workshop at BBC Studioworks this afternoon and the Royal Foundation dinner with William and Kate tonight (thanks
@Gertsroyals
)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom