Duchess of Sussex, Current Events 1: September 2018 - February 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Doria's birthday is September 2 per public records.

Come to think of it, I seem to remember it being stated a few times in various places that Doria shared the same birthday as Harry. Meghan shares her birthday with the Queen Mother.

Its nice to have family sharing the same birthday. I *know* hubby will never forget my birthday because he has the same birthday only he had it first. :lol:

I just read on another website that her DOB is September 22, 1956.

As said, per official public records (not posting them but hello goggle) it is Sept 2.

I'm not disagreeing with you. Only making the point that there is 3 different dates mentioned on various websites.

I see where you are going with this and while I understand your logic needless to say I disagree to some extent.

People (as clearly demonstrated here at TRF and in the tabloids) are always going to find fault with Meghan, Doria, Kate and the Middleton's cause that's just how some people are. So with that in mind, why shouldn't they attend some BRF events. Its the media and the public wh are making a big deal out of their attendance. They don't post their attendance on social media, they go about bragging it to their friends, they were low key clothes they are simply attending events that, honestly they wouldn't attend if their daughters didn't marry into the BRF. We only know who they are because of the fact that they the tabloids are making a big deal of it. I look at older pictures during the Sarah and Diana heydays and suddenly you see Jane Stephens or the Spencer girls. It happens in other royal families as well. We have seen Mary's and/or Maxima's families attend events. Why not here. So what's the big deal? Not to throw the thread off track, but does anyone remember Diana's sister, Sarah attending Diana's events as her Lady in Waiting?

It's Meghan's first solo event and it looks like (cause we still don't have confirmation) that her mother will be in attendance. Good for her!

Thank you, Zonk. I didn’t follow thing when Diana was still here, but yes, I do remember seeing photos of her sister collecting flowers on engagements. And yes, just because it hasn’t happened for one specific family in a specific incident, it doesn’t mean it can’t happen or that it’s wrong. Especially since it has happened before.

Now, I personally still don’t think it’ll happen and this certainly is nothing more than speculation because Doria was seen at an airport. But it certainly isn’t as big of a deal as some are making it out to be.

Imo

It would be a pretty hard-hearted person to really object to the presence of a proud mother who lives 7,000 miles away, and who is getting the opportunity to see her daughter engaging in her new life’s work.

Just saw a video of Doria with Meghan & Harry on Instagram

I think it’s so nice Doria showed up! If some people think it is weird or inappropriate for Doria to be there, I’d say it isn’t Doria, Meghan, or Harry’s problem.

After reading the article in the DM, it's great to see that the overall tone of the article was positive, and that much more time was spent on the women and the cookbook, keeping the focus where it should be.

I didn't have the nerve to read the comments, but then I very seldom do.

To quote a beloved entertainer, Jackie Gleason, "How sweet it is!"

Doria must have been bursting with pride as she accompanied her daughter and son-in-law to the reception for the release of this cookbook.

GBBO = Great British Bake Off.. a long running baking programme, conducted in a Marquee... in the grounds of a Country House..

I guess I will have to read the articles as the reporters did not post much on social media other than their arrivals and Meghan's speech

Last edited by a moderator:
The bar has been set anyway. Bring your family to work day is now an official thing in the BRF.

The event had the more relaxed tone I was expecting very much helped by the lunch time outdoor setting. The menu looked AMAZING! So many dishes. Surprised Meghan didn't give an update on book sales. She referenced the early success, but I'd love to hear an actual number. Hopefully, one of the RRs will pin down the publishing company reps. Great speech from Meghan was the cherry on top.

I was happy to see Doria. I do think she'll be mentioned in the coverage, but I don't think she'll be the story.

The bar has been set anyway. Bring your family to work day is now an official thing in the BRF.
Haha! Very funny.

Perhaps as part of this initiative, Catherine too can take mother along for public engagements.

So nice that her mother could be there in support....and the menu looks amazing!

LaRae

For the event today, I wouldn't call what Meghan was doing "work". She was participating and she was involved and she was part of the community. The "work" was all the things needed to be done to come up with this excellent finished product. As much as the women of the Hubb kitchen have family that support them, so does Meghan. ;)

Its not surprising in the least to me that royal in-laws are being more inclusive into things like the reception today, Ascot, family weddings, holidays etc. The days of the British royal family and their "exclusive" royal family members only events are pretty much over with the exception of celebrations that represent the monarchy such as Trooping the Color.

A surprise from KP. Before Meghan was Harry's fiancee, her attendance at IG event was not mentioned. It was just mentioned as Prince Harry attended the event. KP included Ms. Doria in their tweet today.

Kensington Palace

Verified account

@KensingtonRoyal
Follow Follow @KensingtonRoyal
More
�� The Duke and Duchess of Sussex and Ms. Doria Ragland are today celebrating the launch of ‘Together: Our Community Cookbook’ with the women of the Hubb Community Kitchen #CookTogether

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BTW, for those that have a problem with this, can you explain to me why was it ok for the princes to bring their gfs to more relaxed events, which were expected at some point, but not ok for Meghan to bring her mother? I would think mother passes with a lower threshold than girlfriends, but this is an odd world we are living in.

Last edited:
For the event today, I wouldn't call what Meghan was doing "work". She was participating and she was involved and she was part of the community. The "work" was all the things needed to be done to come up with this excellent finished product. As much as the women of the Hubb kitchen have family that support them, so does Meghan. ;)

Its not surprising in the least to me that royal in-laws are being more inclusive into things like the reception today, Ascot, family weddings, holidays etc. The days of the British royal family and their "exclusive" royal family members only events are pretty much over with the exception of celebrations that represent the monarchy such as Trooping the Color.
Carol Middleton would have been slaughtered in the press if she attended a public engagement with Catherine.

I love it that Doria came in support not only of her daughter but these women of the Hobb kitchen too. Doria looks as if she is thoroughly enjoying the occasion! The cookbook is going great in sales too. The food looks scrumptious, it was a nice day, great cause, what's not to like?

I think it's great...the 'boys' have made it very clear they want their wives to have the full support of their families when they become members of the BRF. Folks who have an issue with seeing family members at some of these events will have to adjust...this is how it's going to be going forward. The Monarchy is changing.

LaRae

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom