The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-27-2011, 07:54 AM

Documentary on Prince Harry's Fans

Hi! I'd like introduce myself as a new forum member! I have the great honour of making a documentary about Prince Harry's fans.

Since the Royal Wedding this spring Prince Harry’s popularity has sky rocketed. The documentary will look at the public’s affectionate relationship with the third in line to the throne, and ask what it is about Harry that people find so endearing. It is being made in Britain by Rare Day for Channel Four’s critically acclaimed First Cut strand.

I would love your help - whether it's Harry facts or pictures, if you know a fan who might like to take part, or any thoughts on what the film should include! The filming will be done in the UK in August or September - so fans need to be UK based, or visiting the British Isles then.

Here are a couple photos I took of Prince Harry at Ascot on Saturday.

Get in touch - don't be shy - I'm very friendly!
Emily.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Harry 1.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	61.2 KB
ID:	278230   Click image for larger version

Name:	Harry 2.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	97.3 KB
ID:	278231  

Old 07-27-2011, 05:16 PM
Heir Apparent

I'd like to see Harry more at work, and less in nightclubs.

Old 07-27-2011, 05:54 PM

It's been a while since Harry has been seen coming out of one though...
Old 07-27-2011, 08:24 PM
Aristocracy

Do you know if they will be showing your documentary in the US?
Old 07-27-2011, 11:09 PM
Aristocracy

I'd personally like to hear more about the Apache helicopters he's learning to fly! (And it wouldn't hurt to see him at work either...)

I have to agree that it has been awhile since we've heard about Prince Harry and nightclubs other than what is in the distant past. These days its mostly either about women he may be dating or his work with the military.

I would also like to see this documentary made available to those in the U.S.- either online or on TV!

-Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 07-28-2011, 10:48 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitefeatherz View Post
I'd personally like to hear more about the Apache helicopters he's learning to fly! (And it wouldn't hurt to see him at work either...)
Some technical info about the UK Apache helicopters, the ones Harry is learning to fly.
AgustaWestland Apache - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 07-28-2011, 10:55 AM
Heir Apparent

they will make film about prince harry life ?
Old 07-28-2011, 02:37 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burzg View Post
they will make film about prince harry life ?
They were making a movie about Prince Harry's life, but I think this is a documentary about Prince Harry's fans - maybe the original poster can come back and elaborate. Here is an article on the movie they were making - last I heard they were looking for people to play Prince Harry. I don't know if they're still making it or not.

Coming to a screen near you, Harry the movie star
By BAZ BAMIGBOYE
Last updated at 10:51 AM on 2nd October 2009
BAZ BAMIGBOYE Coming to a screen near you: Prince Harry the film star | Mail Online
Old 07-29-2011, 04:52 AM

Prince Harry Documentary

Hi! Yes - this isn't a documentary about Harry's life - but about his huge popularity - which has sky-rocketed since the Royal Wedding - after all, he is now Britain's most eligible bachelor. It's also about the fairy tale dream of being a princess - and what this would really mean for those hoping to find their own prince.

It will feature Prince Harry's fans speaking about why they admire him - I hope they will explain that this is for his work as well as his sporting and social life.

Channel 4 always puts documentaries on its online site 4 On Demand after they have been broadcast - perhaps an American forum member could let us know if you can watch this in the States?

I'm looking for the most devoted fans - not half hearted ones! If you know of any British fans - or fans from outside of the UK who will be in the here this August/September - please put them in touch,

Best wishes,
Emily
Old 12-16-2011, 07:25 PM

Dear Emily,

I believe I met you recently at Queen Charlotte's Ball. I was a debutante participating in the ball and had an interview with you. I was just wondering when the documentary was airing and how it is progressing?
Wishing you the best of luck in this endeavor!

Jennifer Ward George