Do you think Harry (or Wills) will ever date outside their race?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

babybird

Commoner
City
detroit
Country
United States
I know this topic has been covered at different times on different boards. But was reading about Prince Maximilian of Liechtenstein marrying an black Panamaniam woman name angela and how well she has been accepted by the people of Liechtenstein and the royal family.

Do you think Harry or Wills would date or marry a black woman or any other race other than white? If so what do you think the reaction of the queen, prince philip or pricne charles would be?

What about the people Britan? What they really accept a black royal like they did in Liechtenstein?

I know it is alot of questions but I just wanted to give us something new to talk about:)

Please feel free to be honest,but also polite:) ;)

Well I hope that they aren't ignorant and would not leave the option of marrying outside your race open. I think they might but I'm not sure. If you think about it most of their friends are rich white people so there is a comfort zone that they might not want to leave. I don't think that they care too much about race its just they have trouble trusting people so they might not want to leave their comfort zones because they have known their friends their entire lives.

I think it's marjorly possible if they date outside their race, Prince William said he had a crush on Beyonce Knowles from Destiny's Child and Prince Charles met her at the Party In The Park thing and told her the same thing. It was when she performed and wore that horrible orange jump suit with hot pants. I think with the Prince's traveling all around the world that they wouldn't be prejudice. I hope they wouldn't be.

Although I don't have the sources on me now, I recall from the "Beyonce" thing that both sides- or at least one- denied that such a thing was neccessairly said.

I also wonder how often the princes have the oppurtunity to me people outside of their race, beside doing charity functions, I dont think I have ever seen either prince with a black person or any other race for that matter.

I also think about when it was revealed that Harry was dating Chelsy and at a party some girl was asking about her being from Zimbabwae and Harry supposedly repleid that "she's not black or anything like that, you know." I wonder how open he is. He was also said to have treated some brunette girl very rudely because he only prefers blondes.
kaydura0717 said:
If you think about it most of their friends are rich white people so there is a comfort zone that they might not want to leave.
I think your correct about that. Especially for Wills. I think he is to guarded to leave his comfort zone.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've also heard that comment Harry made. I'm not sure if he ment it in a insult, but it sure did come off that way. I mean it's like whats wrong with being black? or maybe they just worded it wrong. I don't think either one of them would date out of there race, though anything is possible. They both don't seem to be around much diversity, and I think in some ways the boys may even be a tad racist, maybe unknowingly but still a bit racist none the less. I must admit when I heard of Harry's new girlfriend coming from Africa, a thought came to me "is she black?" then I found out of course that she was not. Yeah I would also wonder how open they are to dating or even knowing other races? do they even have any non-caucasion friends? :eek:

You can't fight love.

Maybe I'm more sensitive to this than necessary, but I also remember an interview Wills did from St Andrews in which he made a comment that struck me as kind of narrow. He said something like he loved going to school there because he had "made friends from all over the world - from England, Scotland and America". While this has nothing to do with racial prejudice, it gave me the sense that his idea of diversity was very limited so he might be uncomfortable dating women not from his background.

I assume that William is alreday set with Kate Middletown because so far the pesky tabloids have not link him with any other possible lady. And for a tabloid that is very, very strange.
But for Harry, all I see is a well banked ($$$) teenager in the body of a young adult with a lot of energy to be shopping around. Chelsy, unless she gets pregnant Monaco style, won't have much to hold on to if another more aggressive lady comes along. And it seems Harry responds to that, ladies as gutsy as him. I don't doubt he could date out of race if he has not done it already. But to make it public, that would sent poor old Prince Phillip to jump off the Buckingham balcony! The Queen will be more accepting since I read somewhere he is her favorite rascal.
Back to William, I think he and Kate are husband and wife in everything but in name already. Some people take longer to find their perfect mate, others, if they find it in their youth don't let it go ever. For me that shows a little more maturity on Will and Kate than our future playboy heart breaker Harry.

Last edited:
I think that had Diana lived, those boys would have probably been exposed to 'real' diversity. She seemed to be quite accepting of other races, especially in her last years.

Gisela said:
I think that had Diana lived, those boys would have probably been exposed to 'real' diversity.

I think your right. After all she had dated Hasnat Khan and then Dodi who were both of Idian descent I think:confused:

My guess is that they are probably both great guys but really dont care to accociate outside of their race or social group, other than the odd charity stint.

I was hoping that some of the UK members would give their opinions. it would add a lot to the discussion.:D

Hasnat Khan was Pakistani, Dodi was Arab.

I doubt either will date outside of their own race, primarily because in the social circles they mix with there are very very few people who aren't White.

Although you never know, I can see Harry surprising us all and going out with a great beauty who isn't White.

We are all the same race, just different nationalities!

"MII"

Margrethe II said:

"MII"

Maybe Tom Cruise will introduce an alien to Will and they will fall in love and live happily ever after.

princesslily said:
Maybe Tom Cruise will introduce an alien to Will and they will fall in love and live happily ever after.

now there's an idea:D

but in all seriousness I don't see why they couldn't date or marry someone who wasn't white. this isn't saying that they would, just that I can't see there being any real reason that they couldn't if they met a girl they really liked

HighGoalHighDreams said:
Although I don't have the sources on me now, I recall from the "Beyonce" thing that both sides- or at least one- denied that such a thing was neccessairly said.

I don't have the magazine anymore but it was reported from OK! Magazine so unless they are a tabloid I would think they would be a viable source.

Margrethe II said:

"MII"

I agree MII -- any body they date will be a human being (part of the human race) just like they are, so I don't think there should be any issue:p

Now, I think it would be quite a different thing if the girl would be from another planet and had antennae and a third eye in her head...;)

Well, just so long as she isn't a Catholic Martian, I'm sure it'll be perfectly fine.

Personally, I don't think the majority would like it. If I'm honest, neither would I. But the PC brigade would love it. I doubt it will happen though.

Toledo said:
You can't fight love.

No you can't but you be very selective about your prospects!

I'm an American woman of color. I think if the future King of England even attempted to marry a woman of color that it would not bode well with the queen and especially Prince Philip. I just don't believe that they are that excepting nor are they ready to "mix" the House of Windsor. The darker the woman is, the worse Prince Philip's epileptic fit will be.

The same goes for Prince Harry. Regardless of how loose he may seem, I just get the feeling that not only will he not date a black woman but he appears to be "too good" for that. Also, it has probably been instilled in them to marry only white.

If Wills attempted to marry a dark woman of color, it could be the end of the monarchy. Hey, you asked...JMO.

kerry said:
No you can't but you be very selective about your prospects!

I'm an American woman of color. I think if the future King of England even attempted to marry a woman of color that it would not bode well with the queen and especially Prince Philip. I just don't believe that they are that excepting nor are they ready to "mix" the House of Windsor. The darker the woman is, the worse Prince Philip's epileptic fit will be.

The same goes for Prince Harry. Regardless of how loose he may seem, I just get the feeling that not only will he not date a black woman but he appears to be "too good" for that. Also, it has probably been instilled in them to marry only white.

If Wills attempted to marry a dark woman of color, it could be the end of the monarchy. Hey, you asked...JMO.

I dont follow the BRF very often but can you tell me why it wouldn't sit well with the Queen and Prince Phillip?

BeatrixFan said:
Personally, I don't think the majority would like it. If I'm honest, neither would I. But the PC brigade would love it. I doubt it will happen though.

may I ask then, why not?

what about eurasian women (half european/half asian) because wasn't it prince fredrick's older brother who married a eurasian or am I get muddled up with another prince?

So is Prince Phillip more unexcepting of interracial relationships? than the queen?

bubbles said:
I dont follow the BRF very often but can you tell me why it wouldn't sit well with the Queen and Prince Phillip?

For one Prince Philip has a very unique personality. He is known for his controversial remarks that transcend culture/color. The queen seems very reserved but again, I feel (as in gut instincts) that the House of Windsor wants to remain what it is. Or at least no blacks of any kind.

I believe they might be accepting of French, German, Spanish, etc., as long as they are of white skin. Case in point, look at Prince Harry's girlfriend.

Flip the coin:
Did anyone think otherwise before Prince Max of Liechtenstein married a black Pan-American lady by the name of Angela Brown? I can't foresee the future; anything is possible. I just see serious odds.

Again, JMO.

I think one of the most wonderfully "eccentric" , accepting and culturally diverse monarcy would be Monnaco. The late Princess Grace was very accepting of other cultures. The same goes for her children and grand children in particular Prince Albert. You usually see them photographed with various natianalitie. I was going to ask whether Prince Rainier's mother had some African in her or was she white- because she was an illigitimagte child living in Africa up untill she was adopted right? Back to Prince William and Harry....Never say never but I can't exactly see Prince William dating someone with an ethnic background not because he is knowingly prejudiced but because....well I just have a gut feeling. Harry on the other hand I can see him having an affair with someone with an ethnic background but not necessarily marrying them. I think Harry is a bit more open-minded/experimental out of the two. Actually He and his cousin Zhara I can see dating someone who is not white-the wild children. This is no way intended as an insult to any of the British family it is just the way I see things. I wonder what someone else thinks.

may I ask then, why not?

You can indeed. You won't like the answer but you did ask. Quite honestly, I don't like the idea of a mixed-race Royal Family. I prefer them as they are. Caucasian Christians.

kerry said:
For one Prince Philip has a very unique personality. He is known for his controversial remarks that transcend culture/color. The queen seems very reserved but again, I feel (as in gut instincts) that the House of Windsor wants to remain what it is. Or at least no blacks of any kind.

I believe they might be accepting of French, German, Spanish, etc., as long as they are of white skin. Case in point, look at Prince Harry's girlfriend.

Flip the coin:
Did anyone think otherwise before Prince Max of Liechtenstein married a black Pan-American lady by the name of Angela Brown? I can't foresee the future; anything is possible. I just see serious odds.

Again, JMO.

I totally agree! :cool:

To me, Prince Philip is a xenophobic (I think racist will mean my post will get deleted!). If you look at the family history...there have also been rumours of association with the Nazis with Edward (? the guy who abdicated). I don't know how much of these characters are in Will or Harry. I suppose that outfit may be/may not be an indicator of what Harry thinks. Depending on whether you believe it was a silly error of judgement of some underlying personal belief. :rolleyes:

But anyway, I suppose we will never know how these two feel about difference races unless they say/do something which gets printed by the press.

The crowds that they hang out with are probably most British white, so they might not know different. Max on the other hand is different, he's had a much more international life than either Will or Harry so is probably 'colour blind'. :) Angela was a wonderful choice, they are such a happy family. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom