The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Prince Harry and Prince William

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2006, 05:38 PM
Commoner

Question Do you think Harry (or Wills) will ever date outside their race?

I know this topic has been covered at different times on different boards. But was reading about Prince Maximilian of Liechtenstein marrying an black Panamaniam woman name angela and how well she has been accepted by the people of Liechtenstein and the royal family.

Do you think Harry or Wills would date or marry a black woman or any other race other than white? If so what do you think the reaction of the queen, prince philip or pricne charles would be?

What about the people Britan? What they really accept a black royal like they did in Liechtenstein?

I know it is alot of questions but I just wanted to give us something new to talk about:)

Please feel free to be honest,but also polite:)

Old 03-08-2006, 05:49 PM
Nobility

Well I hope that they aren't ignorant and would not leave the option of marrying outside your race open. I think they might but I'm not sure. If you think about it most of their friends are rich white people so there is a comfort zone that they might not want to leave. I don't think that they care too much about race its just they have trouble trusting people so they might not want to leave their comfort zones because they have known their friends their entire lives.

Old 03-08-2006, 06:18 PM
Courtier

I think it's marjorly possible if they date outside their race, Prince William said he had a crush on Beyonce Knowles from Destiny's Child and Prince Charles met her at the Party In The Park thing and told her the same thing. It was when she performed and wore that horrible orange jump suit with hot pants. I think with the Prince's traveling all around the world that they wouldn't be prejudice. I hope they wouldn't be.
Old 03-08-2006, 06:36 PM
Aristocracy

Although I don't have the sources on me now, I recall from the "Beyonce" thing that both sides- or at least one- denied that such a thing was neccessairly said.
Old 03-08-2006, 08:38 PM
Commoner

I also wonder how often the princes have the oppurtunity to me people outside of their race, beside doing charity functions, I dont think I have ever seen either prince with a black person or any other race for that matter.

I also think about when it was revealed that Harry was dating Chelsy and at a party some girl was asking about her being from Zimbabwae and Harry supposedly repleid that "she's not black or anything like that, you know." I wonder how open he is. He was also said to have treated some brunette girl very rudely because he only prefers blondes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaydura0717
If you think about it most of their friends are rich white people so there is a comfort zone that they might not want to leave.
I think your correct about that. Especially for Wills. I think he is to guarded to leave his comfort zone.
Old 03-08-2006, 10:56 PM
Gentry

I've also heard that comment Harry made. I'm not sure if he ment it in a insult, but it sure did come off that way. I mean it's like whats wrong with being black? or maybe they just worded it wrong. I don't think either one of them would date out of there race, though anything is possible. They both don't seem to be around much diversity, and I think in some ways the boys may even be a tad racist, maybe unknowingly but still a bit racist none the less. I must admit when I heard of Harry's new girlfriend coming from Africa, a thought came to me "is she black?" then I found out of course that she was not. Yeah I would also wonder how open they are to dating or even knowing other races? do they even have any non-caucasion friends? :o
Old 03-08-2006, 11:10 PM
Royal Highness

You can't fight love.
Old 03-08-2006, 11:29 PM
Gentry

Maybe I'm more sensitive to this than necessary, but I also remember an interview Wills did from St Andrews in which he made a comment that struck me as kind of narrow. He said something like he loved going to school there because he had "made friends from all over the world - from England, Scotland and America". While this has nothing to do with racial prejudice, it gave me the sense that his idea of diversity was very limited so he might be uncomfortable dating women not from his background.
Old 03-08-2006, 11:44 PM
Royal Highness

I assume that William is alreday set with Kate Middletown because so far the pesky tabloids have not link him with any other possible lady. And for a tabloid that is very, very strange.
But for Harry, all I see is a well banked ($$$) teenager in the body of a young adult with a lot of energy to be shopping around. Chelsy, unless she gets pregnant Monaco style, won't have much to hold on to if another more aggressive lady comes along. And it seems Harry responds to that, ladies as gutsy as him. I don't doubt he could date out of race if he has not done it already. But to make it public, that would sent poor old Prince Phillip to jump off the Buckingham balcony! The Queen will be more accepting since I read somewhere he is her favorite rascal.
Back to William, I think he and Kate are husband and wife in everything but in name already. Some people take longer to find their perfect mate, others, if they find it in their youth don't let it go ever. For me that shows a little more maturity on Will and Kate than our future playboy heart breaker Harry.
Old 03-08-2006, 11:53 PM
Commoner

I think that had Diana lived, those boys would have probably been exposed to 'real' diversity. She seemed to be quite accepting of other races, especially in her last years.
Old 03-09-2006, 12:37 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gisela
I think that had Diana lived, those boys would have probably been exposed to 'real' diversity.

I think your right. After all she had dated Hasnat Khan and then Dodi who were both of Idian descent I think

My guess is that they are probably both great guys but really dont care to accociate outside of their race or social group, other than the odd charity stint.

I was hoping that some of the UK members would give their opinions. it would add a lot to the discussion.
Old 03-10-2006, 07:50 AM
Heir Apparent

Hasnat Khan was Pakistani, Dodi was Arab.

I doubt either will date outside of their own race, primarily because in the social circles they mix with there are very very few people who aren't White.

Although you never know, I can see Harry surprising us all and going out with a great beauty who isn't White.
Old 03-10-2006, 05:13 PM
Courtier

We are all the same race, just different nationalities!

"MII"
Old 03-10-2006, 05:44 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margrethe II

"MII"
Maybe Tom Cruise will introduce an alien to Will and they will fall in love and live happily ever after.
Old 03-10-2006, 05:53 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesslily
Maybe Tom Cruise will introduce an alien to Will and they will fall in love and live happily ever after.
now there's an idea

but in all seriousness I don't see why they couldn't date or marry someone who wasn't white. this isn't saying that they would, just that I can't see there being any real reason that they couldn't if they met a girl they really liked
Old 03-10-2006, 06:56 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighGoalHighDreams
Although I don't have the sources on me now, I recall from the "Beyonce" thing that both sides- or at least one- denied that such a thing was neccessairly said.
I don't have the magazine anymore but it was reported from OK! Magazine so unless they are a tabloid I would think they would be a viable source.
Old 03-10-2006, 07:57 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesslily
Eh?
Old 03-10-2006, 08:18 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margrethe II

"MII"
I agree MII -- any body they date will be a human being (part of the human race) just like they are, so I don't think there should be any issue:p

Now, I think it would be quite a different thing if the girl would be from another planet and had antennae and a third eye in her head...
Old 03-10-2006, 09:05 PM
Imperial Majesty

Well, just so long as she isn't a Catholic Martian, I'm sure it'll be perfectly fine.
Old 03-10-2006, 09:09 PM

Personally, I don't think the majority would like it. If I'm honest, neither would I. But the PC brigade would love it. I doubt it will happen though.

Tags
prince harry, prince william, racism, relationships