The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Prince Harry and Prince William

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2006, 07:21 PM

I could have named you plenty 20 years ago. That's the point.

Old 03-13-2006, 07:24 PM
Commoner

times have changed and i guess they will always change, in 20 years time you won't remember britain without it being multicultural, who says it will be a bad thing, i guess the UK is richer and stronger because of this, tony blair and his government will ban it if he say it won't do the country good

Old 03-13-2006, 07:30 PM
Commoner

anyway, back to the original question why shouldn't the princes marry other races, waht so different between a british bred asian or black girl than a british bred white english girl, i believe princess alexandra of denmark is not only an asian'european but hong kong bred too?
Old 03-13-2006, 07:33 PM

Quote:
times have changed and i guess they will always change, in 20 years time you won't remember britain without it being multicultural
I don't have much choice do I?

Quote:
so different between a british bred asian or black girl than a british bred white english girl
People we like the image of a WASP family. When we don't get that, we get lose interest or we criticise because in truth, we all want to be a WASP ourselves but very rarely are we.
Old 03-13-2006, 07:35 PM
Commoner

remeber that not the queen and royal not only represent the UK but 25 other countries of races, who happen to also pay for the queen's upkeep, which means their taxes goes to the BRF, isn't time they gave something back by accepting the fact that they represent them too
Old 03-13-2006, 07:38 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkylou
anyway, back to the original question why shouldn't the princes marry other races, waht so different between a british bred asian or black girl than a british bred white english girl, i believe princess alexandra of denmark is not only an asian'european but hong kong bred too?
Interesting :). Alexandra is actually 1/4 Chinese, 1/4 British caucasian, 1/2 Austrian, yet Royalty Magazine have called her an "Asian lady" before. I have never heard anyone call Mary of DK a "Scottish lady" which is actually her ethinicity! Nor would I imagine anyone calling a HK (full of expates) born caucasian "Asian" either. Very telling don't you think?

I think if W/H marry a lady of mixed ethinicity, it would still not be agreeable for some of their subjects. I actually really like Alexandra, I think she is very beautiful and does a great job and from what I heard (most of) the Danes really welcomed her into their country. I haven't heard many stories about her having any problems because of her race either. But that's Danmark and we are the UK!
Old 03-13-2006, 07:39 PM

No. It most certainly isn't.The Queen should bow to anyone, least of the politically correct bores who seem to think that every institution that made Britain great should have a one-legged asian lesbian in it to make it 'modern'.
Old 03-13-2006, 07:41 PM
Commoner

i personally don't think there will be too much of an uproar if one of the princes would marry someone of a different race, i think people will be curious and the press attention will be intense, i think the british people will be interested, and it will be the first in history, so the media will pick up on that, they seem to love writing about those who broke history
Old 03-13-2006, 07:43 PM

The British People - by which I mean the majority would be more than interested. If anything it would be a tremendous shock to the Government who would see exactly how their so-called 'accepting' society accepts a black Princess.
Old 03-13-2006, 07:44 PM
Commoner

i think they will actually like, it represents what britain is today, like it or hate it!!
Old 03-13-2006, 07:45 PM

May I ask you if you're 'of a minority?'
Old 03-13-2006, 07:48 PM
Commoner

no, i am not, parents are both english country people, who support the tories and yet don't hestitate cultures who help britain progress, of course they aren't too happy with illegal immigrants and the benefits class( of all races) and yet don't mind if an immigrant opens up a kebab shop down the road to feed his family
Old 03-13-2006, 07:50 PM

Interesting. It's often the country types who don't mind because they don't have to see it.
Old 03-13-2006, 07:57 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Britain has its own history which may well play into how well a non-Caucasian bride will be accepted for William or Harry.

Let's not use William or Harry as a launchpad to make a non-related political discussion about immigration into Britain.
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 03-13-2006, 09:02 PM
Imperial Majesty

Sam, you sound as though you're channelling Alf Garnett.

Are we finished with the topic of the thread? Anybody object to having this thread closed before it starts getting too political?
Old 03-13-2006, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Sam, you sound as though you're channelling Alf Garnett.
Thanks for that. Always nice to be censored, mocked or generally just written off as a loon. I don't know why I bother sometimes. Am I just the class clown? Oh we need a good laugh, we'll tear a few strips off of him. Charmed I'm sure.
Old 03-13-2006, 09:06 PM
Imperial Majesty

You're welcome.
Old 03-13-2006, 09:34 PM
Aristocracy

Smile

m
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth
You're welcome.
no objection. like your post
Old 03-13-2006, 09:48 PM
Commoner

Honestly... prince William won't marry a dark coloured girl( he prefers white blondes/brunettes)

Prince Harry might surprise us, who knows?
Old 03-13-2006, 10:00 PM
Heir Presumptive

I dont know, Im expecting some exotic foreign girl to steal Harry heart and a whole romance story build from it. I see that in the future. I think William will marry the WASP girl and stick to protocal. But he may suprise us. This has been an intresting thread. I learned quite a lot.

Tags
prince harry, prince william, racism, relationships