Do you think Harry (or Wills) will ever date outside their race?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
BeatrixFan said:
You can indeed. You won't like the answer but you did ask. Quite honestly, I don't like the idea of a mixed-race Royal Family. I prefer them as they are. Caucasian Christians.

I can see where you might be coming from. They are traditionally caucasian and in keeping up with tradition, may be its good if they stay that way.
However, the UK is a very multinational/multiracial society. So I think it will also be nice if the BRF reflects this.

but of course above all else, Will and Harry should work on making their marriages last as their priorities! :D

However, the UK is a very multinational/multiracial society.

Lol - It isn't and if it was do you think we'd all be happy about that? The minorities would love it but I can assure you that the majority wouldn't.

BeatrixFan said:
Lol - It isn't and if it was do you think we'd all be happy about that? The minorities would love it but I can assure you that the majority wouldn't.

I suppose I should have said that the UK is 'supposed to be" rather than "is" a multi-racial society. I do agree with you, I think the majority will not like it.

BeatrixFan said:

So the UK isn't as diversted multinational/multiracial as the US? We're mostly white, black, and hispanic.

Isnt one member of the british family already involved in an interacial relationship with an indian and another member married a "native" (tribal) austrilian. someone correct please. anyways since wills and harry are direct line to the throne i dont think people would be very happy about them getting involved with other races other than white. We still live in a world where race matters, unfortunately.

Last edited:
oskana said:
Isnt one member of the british family already involved in an interacial relationship with an indian and another member married a "native" (tribal) austrilian.
Lady Gabriella Windsor (Kent) is in a long-term relationship with an Indian; Lady Davina Windsor (Gloucester) married Gary Lewis, who has New Zealand Maori heritage.

Well I know that Lady Gabriella Windsor is dating a Indian guy that she met in school but I don't know about any australians.

oskana said:
Isnt one member of the british family already involved in an interacial relationship with an indian and another member married a "native" (tribal) austrilian. someone correct please. anyways since wills and harry are direct line to the throne i dont think people would be very happy about them getting involved with other races other than white. We still live in a world where race matters, unfortunately.

Yes, Prince & Princess Michael of Kent's daughter is dating an "Asian" guy. BUT I think I should also mention that he is from an extremely wealthy family. So to me, that buys the ok at least from the mum for now. :D To me, Princess Michael is a total disgrace and should be chucked out of Kennington Palace years ago.

And yes Davina (glousceter ?) married a 'native' guy from NZ. But I don't think this family is very much in the royal scene at all. Not many people would know them if you ask on the streets in the UK. I think they pretty much live like 'normal' people (at the children does).

Warren said:
Lady Gabriella Windsor (Kent) is in a long-term relationship with an Indian; Lady Davina Windsor (Gloucester) married Gary Lewis, who has New Zealand Maori heritage.
Wow me and you posted at the same time lol.

The Minor Royals' children can date who they like. But our HRHs should stick to their own kind IMO, in colour, faith and position.

my 2 cents

I think this topic is very interesting because people have been very open and truthful about their belifs and/or "prejudices" and everyone has been respectful. I am in the category of probable but highly unlikely. I do not think the public would respond lovingly to her at all. As diverse and "accepting" as people seen, some fundamental institutions like the monarchy do not respond so well to drastic change. As previously posted, I beleive the majority of White britons would not be that overjoyed with the prospect and you would be surprised how many people of color would be opposed to the marriage also. I think if PW did announce an engagement to a woman of color she better be very strong and sure of herself because she is gonna catch ____. Also he better REALLY love her because his money and social position will not sheild them from all of the issues that arise when races mix. She also better have an impecable background and history or the world press is going to blow any little thing up into the end of the world.

Prince Harry may have a better chance but I believe, he would be basically cast in a P Stephanie of Monaco role for the rest of his life (always the black sheep). I just don't think the world is ready to accept it yet. maybe a few years but not today or tomorrow.

there is rumored to be african blood in the family already through Queen Charlotte consort of the Mad King George

Last edited:
just a question

BeatrixFan said:
The Minor Royals' children can date who they like. But our HRHs should stick to their own kind IMO, in colour, faith and position.

so is Ms. Middleton acceptable in your view

melissajames said:
...To me, Princess Michael is a total disgrace and should be chucked out of Kennington Palace years ago...

Totally agree. Now that should be the subject of another thread.:D

Well, I can't see Princess Michael being so accepting of her daughter's relationship regardless what his bank account looks like. Some people like to put on good appearances. But it ain't what I would think would be acceptable for the unmarried Princes of Wales in particularly William.

ksenia said:
It's probably best to discuss this in the Kate Middleton thread.

melissajames said:
Yes, Prince & Princess Michael of Kent's daughter is dating an "Asian" guy. BUT I think I should also mention that he is from an extremely wealthy family. So to me, that buys the ok at least from the mum for now. :D To me, Princess Michael is a total disgrace and should be chucked out of Kennington Palace years ago.

And yes Davina (glousceter ?) married a 'native' guy from NZ. But I don't think this family is very much in the royal scene at all. Not many people would know them if you ask on the streets in the UK. I think they pretty much live like 'normal' people (at the children does).

I disagree on the perennial scapegoat of all-bad-things-that-are-royal, also known as Princess Michael of Kent, to be thrown off the palace, or anywhere. She is whom she is, and I find her abrasiveness and sharp tongue quite amusing. She is the Windsor's wake up call to reality that can tell them, to their faces, that they treat their dogs better that they treat their kids.

Just read the transcript about her recent TV interview on February 28th 2006:
Princess Michael: In Her Own Words from the TV show Wogan: Now And Then
Written by Joanne Leyland Saturday, 04 March 2006

She also mentions her daugther's Indian boyfriend that she seems to adore. Funny thing with the Princess, she says it like it is and gets the royal purists and villagers to bring out the torches to get her in a pyre. Yet, her now in-law relative, the Duchess of Cornwall, goes low profile and she is viewed in higher terms than the princess?!? Go figure! Maybe is the thing of speaking openly that bothers the press because Prince Charles creates the same impact every time he expresses his opinion. Although Charles and Princess Micheal are not to be compared as equals in the public's eyes, there is a feel that if only they keep quiet more often the press would be off their backs.

Last edited:
Toledo said:
I disagree on the perennial scapegoat of all-bad-things-that-are-royal also known as Princess Michael of Kent to be thrown off the palace, or anywhere. She is whom she is, and I find her abrasiveness and sharp tongue quite amusing. She is the Windor's wake up call to reality that can tell them, to their faces, that they treat their dogs better that they treat their kids.
Just read the transcript about her recent TV interview on February 28th 2006:
Princess Michael: In Her Own Words from the TV show Wogan: Now And Then
Written by Joanne Leyland Saturday, 04 March 2006

She also mentions her daugther's Indian boyfriend that she seems to adore.

Thank you for pointing out this interview. Didn't know about it before and will definitely read it properly when I have more time. Cheers :)

I don't think the 'Establishment' is ready for that yet, as we have yet to see a Prime Minister from another race. Also in the UK at the moment, many people are realising that 'multi-culturalism' has been a failure in many respects and also the problem of immigration legal or otherwise is a big bone of contention - so this would be such a sensitive subject to many people.

BeatrixFan is voicing an opinion that I hear frequently but very rarely openly.

melissajames said:
Thank you for pointing out this interview. Didn't know about it before and will definitely read it properly when I have more time. Cheers :)

;) I knew you would have an open mind to enjoy to see a different side of Princess Michael making fun of her own reputation. I remember reading the local headlines on some NY papers when the restaurant incident happened. The people who accused her were on TV and, quite frankly, I think they lied just to make a big scandal out of it. I've been in restaurants where you are seated next to really loud, obnoxious people who think they own the place and if you say something they inmediately act like a pack of hyenas. Princess Michael confronted that night a party of loud, obnoxious group of men and women who thought they owned the place.

Last edited:

Not at all but as Warren says, thats for the Middleton thread and I've made my feelings about her quite clear there.

BeatrixFan is voicing an opinion that I hear frequently but very rarely openly.

Thanks Lizz70 - I'm glad you've said that because sometimes one feels as if one is the only one hearing these things.

There are plenty of opinions out there of all political shades that don't get heard as it isn't politic to say so - but that does not mean the opinions don't exist.

Like I said we have yet to see a Prime Minister from an ethnic minority and I think that will happen before we have a mixed race marriage in the royal family. We aren't alone, the US has yet to have a President from another race. Times have to change and so do people's attitudes before these things will be accepted - it just seems to be the way it is.[/quote]

Hmm yes there hasn't been a prime minister of another nationality. Though it's not saying it couldn't happen, I think it'd be likely in our lifetime. I mean America is suppose to be more diverse and we have yet to see a minority take the role as president. I doubt a lot of people would except, a black woman(or any other minority) marrying the future king of England, even though it has happened before. I think society might make a bigger deal of it than the royal family. I mean of course at first, it would be a bigg shock but, once it's easy to tell that someone is not going anywhere, then I think they'd just have to deal with it. In the end though it's none of our choices what goes on in there personal lives, and as long as the woman (regardless) of color is cut out for job, then I'm perfectly fine.

Okay, here's taking it a step further.

Wouldn't the heir need Parliment's approval? Look at the scandal that was caused by the twice divorced Wallis Simpson. Wouldn't such a marriage cause dissension in the government and possibly put the monarchy at risk of dissolving? Or a much simplier solution would be for the then king to abdicate? This could get pretty deep. I just don't see any color being added to the House of Windsor. A lot of what ifs.

Well, as they won't even let a Catholic (of whatever colour) marry into the family, I wouldn't hold my breath about a person of a different race marrying into 'The Firm'.

yeah I see your point, if they can't even marry a catholic then another race would be completely out of the question. But doesn't the royal family have other races in them? so there blood line isn't exactly pure anyways, so that couldn't be a reason. I don't think the heir would need parliments approvement, I mean genectically they would be the rightful heir, the son/daughter of the king. I don't think any approval would need to be necesary.

I think 'race' is used here as a polite way of saying black, indian or chinese. And therein lies the problem.

There not allowed to marry a catholic because of an archaic law but they are allowed to marry Buddists, Hindus and Muslims. That has no relevance as to whether they will marry someone outside of their race. Race and religion are two completely different things. IMHO, there wouldnt really be that big of a deal. For Harry there would be no deal and maybe some commotion for William but that would quickly dissapear if his wife shows good traits and qualities.

someone answer my question about the royal family having other races/nationality in there ancestry. I heard something about there being some russian ancestry?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom