The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Prince Harry and Prince William

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2006, 11:02 PM
Royal Highness

Location: Up the street,hang a left,3rd house from the corner, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toledo
You can't fight love.
No you can't but you be very selective about your prospects!

I'm an American woman of color. I think if the future King of England even attempted to marry a woman of color that it would not bode well with the queen and especially Prince Philip. I just don't believe that they are that excepting nor are they ready to "mix" the House of Windsor. The darker the woman is, the worse Prince Philip's epileptic fit will be.

The same goes for Prince Harry. Regardless of how loose he may seem, I just get the feeling that not only will he not date a black woman but he appears to be "too good" for that. Also, it has probably been instilled in them to marry only white.

If Wills attempted to marry a dark woman of color, it could be the end of the monarchy. Hey, you asked...JMO.

Old 03-10-2006, 11:38 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerry
No you can't but you be very selective about your prospects!

I'm an American woman of color. I think if the future King of England even attempted to marry a woman of color that it would not bode well with the queen and especially Prince Philip. I just don't believe that they are that excepting nor are they ready to "mix" the House of Windsor. The darker the woman is, the worse Prince Philip's epileptic fit will be.

The same goes for Prince Harry. Regardless of how loose he may seem, I just get the feeling that not only will he not date a black woman but he appears to be "too good" for that. Also, it has probably been instilled in them to marry only white.

If Wills attempted to marry a dark woman of color, it could be the end of the monarchy. Hey, you asked...JMO.
I dont follow the BRF very often but can you tell me why it wouldn't sit well with the Queen and Prince Phillip?

Old 03-10-2006, 11:40 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan
Personally, I don't think the majority would like it. If I'm honest, neither would I. But the PC brigade would love it. I doubt it will happen though.
may I ask then, why not?
Old 03-10-2006, 11:45 PM
Aristocracy

what about eurasian women (half european/half asian) because wasn't it prince fredrick's older brother who married a eurasian or am I get muddled up with another prince?
Old 03-11-2006, 12:10 AM
Gentry

So is Prince Phillip more unexcepting of interracial relationships? than the queen?
Old 03-11-2006, 12:26 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles
I dont follow the BRF very often but can you tell me why it wouldn't sit well with the Queen and Prince Phillip?
For one Prince Philip has a very unique personality. He is known for his controversial remarks that transcend culture/color. The queen seems very reserved but again, I feel (as in gut instincts) that the House of Windsor wants to remain what it is. Or at least no blacks of any kind.

I believe they might be accepting of French, German, Spanish, etc., as long as they are of white skin. Case in point, look at Prince Harry's girlfriend.

Flip the coin:
Did anyone think otherwise before Prince Max of Liechtenstein married a black Pan-American lady by the name of Angela Brown? I can't foresee the future; anything is possible. I just see serious odds.

Again, JMO.
Old 03-11-2006, 12:49 AM
Aristocracy

I think one of the most wonderfully "eccentric" , accepting and culturally diverse monarcy would be Monnaco. The late Princess Grace was very accepting of other cultures. The same goes for her children and grand children in particular Prince Albert. You usually see them photographed with various natianalitie. I was going to ask whether Prince Rainier's mother had some African in her or was she white- because she was an illigitimagte child living in Africa up untill she was adopted right? Back to Prince William and Harry....Never say never but I can't exactly see Prince William dating someone with an ethnic background not because he is knowingly prejudiced but because....well I just have a gut feeling. Harry on the other hand I can see him having an affair with someone with an ethnic background but not necessarily marrying them. I think Harry is a bit more open-minded/experimental out of the two. Actually He and his cousin Zhara I can see dating someone who is not white-the wild children. This is no way intended as an insult to any of the British family it is just the way I see things. I wonder what someone else thinks.
Old 03-11-2006, 01:04 AM

Caucasian girls for the princes need apply for the job of princess
Old 03-11-2006, 10:29 AM

Quote:
may I ask then, why not?
You can indeed. You won't like the answer but you did ask. Quite honestly, I don't like the idea of a mixed-race Royal Family. I prefer them as they are. Caucasian Christians.
Old 03-11-2006, 10:58 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerry
For one Prince Philip has a very unique personality. He is known for his controversial remarks that transcend culture/color. The queen seems very reserved but again, I feel (as in gut instincts) that the House of Windsor wants to remain what it is. Or at least no blacks of any kind.

I believe they might be accepting of French, German, Spanish, etc., as long as they are of white skin. Case in point, look at Prince Harry's girlfriend.

Flip the coin:
Did anyone think otherwise before Prince Max of Liechtenstein married a black Pan-American lady by the name of Angela Brown? I can't foresee the future; anything is possible. I just see serious odds.

Again, JMO.
I totally agree!

To me, Prince Philip is a xenophobic (I think racist will mean my post will get deleted!). If you look at the family history...there have also been rumours of association with the Nazis with Edward (? the guy who abdicated). I don't know how much of these characters are in Will or Harry. I suppose that outfit may be/may not be an indicator of what Harry thinks. Depending on whether you believe it was a silly error of judgement of some underlying personal belief.

But anyway, I suppose we will never know how these two feel about difference races unless they say/do something which gets printed by the press.

The crowds that they hang out with are probably most British white, so they might not know different. Max on the other hand is different, he's had a much more international life than either Will or Harry so is probably 'colour blind'. :) Angela was a wonderful choice, they are such a happy family. :p
Old 03-11-2006, 11:02 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
You can indeed. You won't like the answer but you did ask. Quite honestly, I don't like the idea of a mixed-race Royal Family. I prefer them as they are. Caucasian Christians.
I can see where you might be coming from. They are traditionally caucasian and in keeping up with tradition, may be its good if they stay that way.
However, the UK is a very multinational/multiracial society. So I think it will also be nice if the BRF reflects this.

but of course above all else, Will and Harry should work on making their marriages last as their priorities!
Old 03-11-2006, 11:13 AM

Quote:
However, the UK is a very multinational/multiracial society.
Lol - It isn't and if it was do you think we'd all be happy about that? The minorities would love it but I can assure you that the majority wouldn't.
Old 03-11-2006, 11:23 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Lol - It isn't and if it was do you think we'd all be happy about that? The minorities would love it but I can assure you that the majority wouldn't.
I suppose I should have said that the UK is 'supposed to be" rather than "is" a multi-racial society. I do agree with you, I think the majority will not like it.
Old 03-11-2006, 11:24 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
So the UK isn't as diversted multinational/multiracial as the US? We're mostly white, black, and hispanic.
Old 03-11-2006, 12:05 PM
Aristocracy

Isnt one member of the british family already involved in an interacial relationship with an indian and another member married a "native" (tribal) austrilian. someone correct please. anyways since wills and harry are direct line to the throne i dont think people would be very happy about them getting involved with other races other than white. We still live in a world where race matters, unfortunately.
Old 03-11-2006, 12:21 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by oskana
Isnt one member of the british family already involved in an interacial relationship with an indian and another member married a "native" (tribal) austrilian.
Lady Gabriella Windsor (Kent) is in a long-term relationship with an Indian; Lady Davina Windsor (Gloucester) married Gary Lewis, who has New Zealand Maori heritage.
Old 03-11-2006, 12:22 PM
Nobility

Well I know that Lady Gabriella Windsor is dating a Indian guy that she met in school but I don't know about any australians.
Old 03-11-2006, 12:22 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by oskana
Isnt one member of the british family already involved in an interacial relationship with an indian and another member married a "native" (tribal) austrilian. someone correct please. anyways since wills and harry are direct line to the throne i dont think people would be very happy about them getting involved with other races other than white. We still live in a world where race matters, unfortunately.
Yes, Prince & Princess Michael of Kent's daughter is dating an "Asian" guy. BUT I think I should also mention that he is from an extremely wealthy family. So to me, that buys the ok at least from the mum for now. To me, Princess Michael is a total disgrace and should be chucked out of Kennington Palace years ago.

And yes Davina (glousceter ?) married a 'native' guy from NZ. But I don't think this family is very much in the royal scene at all. Not many people would know them if you ask on the streets in the UK. I think they pretty much live like 'normal' people (at the children does).
Old 03-11-2006, 12:23 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren
Lady Gabriella Windsor (Kent) is in a long-term relationship with an Indian; Lady Davina Windsor (Gloucester) married Gary Lewis, who has New Zealand Maori heritage.
Wow me and you posted at the same time lol.
Old 03-11-2006, 12:25 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaydura0717
Wow me and you posted at the same time lol.
Spooky! :)

Tags
prince harry, prince william, racism, relationships