The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-10-2017, 08:48 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Say what? That's one I've not heard before. Could you provide more information and sources please?

Old 09-10-2017, 08:51 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Observer7 View Post
Harry almost left the family before and his grandmother talked into staying. So don't test him!
That wasn't the impression that I got from that interview. Have you seen something that directly states it? Because the interviewer, Angela Levin says:

Quote:
‘There was a time I felt I wanted out,’ he says. ‘But then I decided to stay in [The Firm] and work out a role for myself.’ More than anything else, he says, that he was motivated to do something to help his grandmother, the Queen, and charity work came to his rescue.
That reads to me as if it were his feelings for and duty to HM, rather than a conversation with her, that led to his decision.

Old 09-10-2017, 08:52 PM
Nobility

It would be rather foolish from any prospective royal bride not to consider the consequences of an eventual marriage from the start (I would say this applies to anyone in a relationship that finding a way to join your futures is essential but for some that is clearer or might require more drastic decisions than for others). Of course, living it is different than imagining what it might be like, but I would hope -especially when in your thirties- that these things are considered from the very start of the relationship.

I am quite sure that Meghan would not have started dating Harry if she had been deadset against giving up acting. Given that she has been interested in humanitarian work as well (calling it most rewarding and meaningful - or something along those lines), it seems that giving up acting (and being able to dedicate herself to humanitarian work next to royal representations) is something that she is willing to do to spend her life with Harry.
Old 09-10-2017, 08:54 PM
Heir Apparent

I don't remember anything about the Queen talking him into staying...where did you read that?
Old 09-10-2017, 09:03 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by hel View Post
That reads to me as if it were his feelings for and duty to HM, rather than a conversation with her, that led to his decision.
Actually it sounds to me like something everybody goes through at some time in their lives. A kid turns 16 and has the option to drop out of school. A job is less than what one thought it would be and there's days you just want to chuck it all in and say "I quit!".

Harry is remarking vocally what perhaps a lot of royals have privately thought (and I know Edward VIII as Prince of Wales wrote that same sentiment). Kind of like a "Stop the world. I want to get off". Rational thinking eventually does take over and one chugs on.
Old 09-10-2017, 10:26 PM
Royal Highness

Really'????

Quote:
Harry almost left the family before and his grandmother talked into staying. So don't test him!
Where can I read about this sensational news?

Abraham Lincoln
Old 09-11-2017, 12:57 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by hel View Post
That wasn't the impression that I got from that interview. Have you seen something that directly states it? Because the interviewer, Angela Levin says:

It's the same thing. I just summed it up in a nutshell. At this point if it came down to a choice between Meghan and his family. He'd choose her. Don't test him!
Old 09-11-2017, 01:07 AM
Courtier

Quote:
It's the same thing. I just summed it up in a nutshell. At this point if it came down to a choice between Meghan and his family. He'd choose her. Don't test him!
That's not the same as the Queen talked him into it. He made that decision on his own because that's what he wanted to do. There is no need to make a choice between his family and duty or Meghan. It's highly unlikely she'll be on season 8 of Suits, even if there is one.
Old 09-11-2017, 01:15 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Well, I'm just an almost-middle-aged Canuck cybersecurity IT professional, (and the only thing that's upset me enough to actually write a letter Expressing My Feelings was Equifax Canada's grossly inadequate and insulting response to the data breach) so not a huge amount of pressure on him coming from this keyboard.

However, I solemnly swear not to test Prince Harry on the choice between Meghan and the BRF. He won't ever have that kind of pressure from me, you have my word.
Old 09-11-2017, 01:59 AM
Courtier

And most importantly his family would never ask that of him.....the love him and trust him to make the right choice for his life. After all is he is not a child or teenager........he is a mature adult who knows the world and has been around and with all of his life experiences he can make solid decisions on his won. So why would anyone even think that his family would make his choice is just wanting drama and to stir up trouble. I am thrilled if he choices any woman to be his wife for from all indications he wants a family of his own.....and he should be able to have that.
Old 09-11-2017, 04:41 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by M. Payton View Post
And most importantly his family would never ask that of him.....the love him and trust him to make the right choice for his life. After all is he is not a child or teenager........he is a mature adult who knows the world and has been around and with all of his life experiences he can make solid decisions on his won. So why would anyone even think that his family would make his choice is just wanting drama and to stir up trouble. I am thrilled if he choices any woman to be his wife for from all indications he wants a family of his own.....and he should be able to have that.
The idea floated was that if "everyone" didn't allow Meghan to continue acting-so she could continue her own life doing her own thing (presuming they do marry) Harry would ditch the BRF. I'm skeptical of the whole premise.
Old 09-11-2017, 05:04 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
There is an easy solution for that then. Harry moves out of the government owned KP, gives up his government security, stops being a working royal and becomes a private citizen. Then there will be no expectations for his wife to work for the British people and she can continue her acting career.
very sensible!! Of course it wont happen, Skippyboo, as it is all nonsense. Harry isn't the brightest but he must realise that Meg can't go on with acting, will have to become a UK citizen and share his title and do "royal work".
I'd have no ojbection to his marrying Meghan if he gave up his title and royal status, became a private citizen and he and his wife can do what they like
Old 09-11-2017, 05:08 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
where did he do this? Come on. Harry would be lost without his family and family wealth.
Old 09-11-2017, 11:20 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
where did he do this? Come on. Harry would be lost without his family and family wealth.
I don't think he would be lost and he does have money of his own, as does Meghan. However, I don't think he would walk away for the reason he stated himself.
Old 09-11-2017, 01:15 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbigail View Post
I don't think he would be lost and he does have money of his own, as does Meghan. However, I don't think he would walk away for the reason he stated himself.
Not the sort of money he has as Charles' son and a prince. Mind you if he wants to leave the RF, and let Meghan act and live abroad, on his own money, I would have no objection.
Old 09-11-2017, 01:36 PM
Majesty

I think with his inheritance from his mother, his share of the trust fund from the Queen Mother and most likely inheritances from his grandmother and his father, he's pretty well set for life no matter what he does.

I don't see it happening though in any way, shape or form. He's truly found his niche with his own charities, his participation in the Royal Foundation and will be working more and more as a senior royal in the years to come.

A man such as Harry wouldn't be coming across as such the happy and easy going guy we see when he's out on public engagements if he's filled with inner turmoil about his role in the scheme of things. He wears his heart on his sleeve too much to hide it.

I think Meghan's acting is really a no-brainer when it comes to the two of them marrying. It really doesn't fit into the scheme of things for a royal duchess, there are far more opportunities for her to expand on what she is and would like to do with a marriage to Harry than pursuing it on her own and the big clincher is they'll be able to have a family. I think both Harry and Meghan are definitely the sort of people that would list their family as their #1 top priority (and that includes the BRF as family).
Old 09-11-2017, 02:08 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
Not the sort of money he has as Charles' son and a prince. Mind you if he wants to leave the RF, and let Meghan act and live abroad, on his own money, I would have no objection.
He is still Charles' son, no matter what. Even if he leaves as a full time working royal, he's not walking away from his family. Duchy of Cornwall pays only for their expenses related to royal engagements. Not personal expenses.
Old 09-11-2017, 02:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

he's not going to leave, for goodness sake. He knows where he's well off.
Old 09-11-2017, 02:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I think with his inheritance from his mother, his share of the trust fund from the Queen Mother and most likely inheritances from his grandmother and his father, he's pretty well set for life no matter what he does.

I . He wears his heart on his sleeve too much to hide it.

I ).
he would not have the same luxurious lifestyle as someone who had left the BRF as he has when he is within it.
and from what he's been saying lately about his depression and trauma over Diana's death and having therapy I wuoldn't say that he's that much of a happy go lucky guy. He certainly seemed to portray himself as someone with conflicts and traumas.
Old 09-11-2017, 02:40 PM
Majesty

Harry doesn't seem the type to really go for the overly posh and luxurious way of life to me for the most part. He has said that his time in the Army with the rest of his buddies was some of the best times he's had. He'd be as happy camping in a tent as he would be in a 5 star hotel.

Sure, he's had his issues and conflicts and inner turmoil but, with support, he's worked on them and they're no longer the onus that they once were. He's matured, he's grown, he seems pretty set that what he wants to do is use his position to make a difference in this world and what better stage to do that than being a working member of the BRF?

Most importantly, and this relates to his wife "working", he's met someone that does not only love him for the Harry he is, but seems to share the same passion for making a difference in the world. This is why I don't see it ever being Harry working for the BRF and Meghan doing her own thing such as an acting career. If and when these two do marry, they'll be a unified team working together as the best that they can be both together and individually.

Time will tell and life is all about changes. No one can see into the future and know what it holds for these two and its us, the general public, that gets to sit back with a hot pot of tea and watch it all as it unfolds. Life also holds surprises and pitfalls and things that go bump in the night so we are best off I think to just watch and see what comes next.

Tags
prince harry, prince william, royal duties, working wife