CNN Reports that Will and Kate are back together: June 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They might be "seeing" each other as friends but not as boy/girlfriend.

What I know, the group that loves to hear this story must be the souviniers' merchandisers... Heard that they had lorries full of the stocks...:rolleyes:;)

I am reminded of when JFK jr and Carolyn Bessette staged 'the break up' which secretly was a way for them to plan the wedding/shop for a dress etc without being hounded by the media. A few months go by et voila here comes he bride (cue music).....

I saw former royal family spokesperson, Dickie Arbiter, on the TODAY show this morning. I can't believe he would have commented if they hadn't gotten back together. Even though he's a "former" royal family spokesperson, I think the RF still "uses" him as an unofficial confirmer of news, etc ...

I am reminded of when JFK jr and Carolyn Bessette staged 'the break up' which secretly was a way for them to plan the wedding/shop for a dress etc without being hounded by the media. A few months go by et voila here comes he bride (cue music).....

i would love that to happen because they look great together and i think their personalities match nicely. seeing how i dont know they personally the pics i have seen of them, they seem to enjoy each other company

Geez............ is the Wills & Kate saga a rollercoaster ride or what? :D
I hope it's true, no surprises I'm sure. I've never made a secret of liking her so no reason to start now.

I sure I read somewhere that kate , and chelsey had helped to the boys out with there mother concert , so do you think they met up to talk about that ??? cant remeber where I read this !

I saw former royal family spokesperson, Dickie Arbiter, on the TODAY show this morning. I can't believe he would have commented if they hadn't gotten back together. Even though he's a "former" royal family spokesperson, I think the RF still "uses" him as an unofficial confirmer of news, etc ...
As I understand it, the only person Arbiter speaks for is himself, the RF do not brief ex employees! :eek:

Warren said:
Since this thread is about the various media reports (which are all we have to go on), and it's now almost 24 hours since the news "broke", what are the London tabloids saying about it a day later?
For your delectation

William and Kate 'seeing each other in secret' | Uk News | News | Telegraph

The Daily Record - NEWS - News Feed - KISS ME AGAIN, KATE - KISS ME AGAIN, KATE

It hasn't made the BBC... yet! :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
According to the sun, a "friend" of William's has said they are just friends and have no plans to get back together. Probably the same friend who made the comment to the DM that this was a rumour that was way off because William doesn't want to be anything more than friends.

The Sun Online - News: Wills and Kate are 'just friends'

Of course, I always wonder why these so call "friends" even talk to the press. Would a real friend do that?

I sure I read somewhere that kate , and chelsey had helped to the boys out with there mother concert , so do you think they met up to talk about that ??? cant remeber where I read this !

I read thid aswell in Hello! Magazine. It said that Chelsy and Kate had helped to organise the concert with the boys and were expected to be present on the day

I read thid aswell in Hello! Magazine. It said that Chelsy and Kate had helped to organise the concert with the boys and were expected to be present on the day

Thats it "hello" Magazine , I remeber it now . thanks

i've thought this too scooter. gets the pressure off and allows a little room to take a breath. i was suspicous because she was seen with his friends. everyone knows when you break up you take your friends (most of the time) with you, yet wills friends were still seen with her. if it was to throw the press off it didn't work very long. or it could be one of those can't live with them can't live without them situations. i've had boyfriends that i got back together with several times, unfortunately the same problems crop up and it's crying time again.

It did occur to me she seemed too happy after the "breakup". :D Like she knew a big joke or something. ;)

yes i do agree with that i was shocked to hear they got back together yesterday but at the same time i wasn't really suprised Kate and William noth make a great couple. I do think that if they do break up again it will be for the same reasons as before.

I just hope that they will consider dating openly (if they are still dating) because secrecy in a relationship is bad, I have always felt this way. Dating in secret is just generally a bad idea for anyone. I'm sure Kate doesn't want to fall into the mistress trap. If a man is not being honest with the world about his relationship, he is not being a true man that his woman deserves.

IMO there are a bunch of valid points. I've always had in the back of my mind that they were just trying to have a bit of privacy by telling the media they broke up. She was going to all of the same spots they liked to go when they were together, if it were me, I would have stayed away from those places. Another thing to think about is that Camilla was Charles 1st true love and looked what happened to his love life. I would think that William would have learned a thing or two from his father. Of course, these are all just my humble opinions.
I agree I think Willam may have realized she's the one she is his Camillia and he dosen't want to go through what his father did because his father wasn't into getting married at the time.In the long run Charles and Diana were damaged by that choice,I doubt William wants to put himself or any woman through that.He also has to have someone who understands him and someone he understands and they seem to be that to each other.I think alot of the young women who think they want him would be bored either by him or the life itself.Kate it seems has passed that test.

I agree Penny Lane william and kate complement each other well and i can't really se anybody else taking kate's place as his bride. she would make a wonderful queen one day!

Lovelydiana I think Kate knows what the life is about and what she will have to do.Willam knows she will be good at it and he can trust her that must be very hard to come by for him.That is not to say this is an arrangement because I think the love is there but time spent apart made them realize this.

Remembers me of what was said one day on Diana ... "She will make a wonderful Queen". Today, it sounds like unreal. I hope Kate and William will have more chance.

I think alot of the young women who think they want him would be bored either by him or the life itself.Kate it seems has passed that test.

That is a very interesting thought. I think it's very possible many women would fail the royal test for the simple reason that the workaday reality is such a far cry from the fantasy of being a princess. I really can imagine Middleton taking on the royal round with a Mary Donaldson brand of self-assurance.
Some of the anti-Middleton people have called it her "arrogance". Call it whatever, it might just be her survival instinct.

I hope and William and Kate are together again. I think they would make a great couple and Kate would be a great Princess and some day Queen. It seems that William has a choice a make: Kate wants a commitment this time, I think that she doesn´t want to be just his girlfriend, she loves William and she´s ready to get married.

That is a very interesting thought. I think it's very possible many women would fail the royal test for the simple reason that the workaday reality is such a far cry from the fantasy of being a princess. I really can imagine Middleton taking on the royal round with a Mary Donaldson brand of self-assurance.
Some of the anti-Middleton people have called it her "arrogance". Call it whatever, it might just be her survival instinct.
Yes the fantasy is one thing the everyday reality is another.Many young women think they could handle it but very few really could and that's not a slam against them at all I think it just requires the right person.Kate it seems may be the right person.

Yes the fantasy is one thing the everyday reality is another.Many young women think they could handle it but very few really could and that's not a slam against them at all I think it just requires the right person.Kate it seems may be the right person.

She certainly has all the tell-tale signs of a self-assured person up to the royal task: good solid family (seemingly), good social personality. I don't see any of the insecurity that was always so apparent with Diana, the way Diana always held her head a little down like the attention just tortured her, right from the beginning of the Lady Di mania. I am right there 100% in agreement with all of you. I hope it works out for them. If the "breakup" was just a farce, it didn't work out too well for them because the media didn't leave Kate alone; the paparazzi still pursued her, and she just kept her head high and smiled her way through it, maybe it makes William love her more, seeing her handle it with so much strength of character and not cower away like so many girls would (I know I would definitely cower!) :lol:

I like Catherine, but it is Catherine and William who have to decide if they want to spend the rest of their lives together. Perhaps Catherine has already decided that she wants to be an ordinary person, with the chance of an ordinary life.

I hope they make whatever decision themselves! :flowers:

I know you are right, Skydragon. I know it's easy for me to start thinking, oh they look so happy or so good together, or seem so good for each other, but the early images of Prince Charles and Lady diana were very convincing too, and the same is the case for so many couples who don't last. In the end, it's impossible to know from just pictures. It's like William said in the NBC interview, in the end you/we will never know either him or Harry unless we sit down and talk to them, face to face.

i wasn't aware that the media were still chasing catherine after the break up. we didn't see any of it in papers here. was there a lot?

Quite a lot, it just didn't seem to be appropriate to post articles of his ex girlfriend, even if there had been a thread. Ther media linked her to a variety of young men, the father of one gave an interview denying the link!:rolleyes:

Yes, the paparazzi still lay in wait for her outside her house some nights and they get wind of what parties she is at and snap their pics. On the Fashion Spot the girls there post HQ paparazzi shots of her almost daily. I think they were follow her as long as she is news, which is until or if PW gets another girlfriend. :neutral:

I know it's easy for me to start thinking, oh they look so happy or so good together, or seem so good for each other, but the early images of Prince Charles and Lady diana were very convincing too, and the same is the case for so many couples who don't last. In the end, it's impossible to know from just pictures. It's like William said in the NBC interview, in the end you/we will never know either him or Harry unless we sit down and talk to them, face to face.

I agree that it's impossible to know from pictures, but in the case of William and Kate I think we have a great deal more than picures to take into account and lots of features that distinguish their situation from that of William's parents or indeed any other couple who initially appeared suitable but whose relationship did not last.

For me the main thing is that William and Kate know each other very well and have done for years. Their relationship has already stood the test of time. They have seen each other at their best and the worst and they got to know each other in the real world, not just the fairtytale world. Kate knows the real William, not just the prince, and William knows the real Kate. William would have been able to work out whether or not Kate would be able to fit into his future life with all its demands, and Kate has had plenty of time to observe and assess Wiliam's family and what they do and to work out whether or not she would fit into that role. The media interest has been a wretched nuisance for them, but it is an ever-present factor in William's life and anyone marrying him would have to meet and overcome that challenge at some stage during their relationship.

I think that if Kate and William do marry, they will have made the decision with eyes wide open and we will be able to be confident that there is a very good chance their marriage will work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom