CNN Reports that Will and Kate are back together: June 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if they were really seperated for a time, they were not clever about it. Because IMHO now they are forever cast in the role of reliving the Diana/Camilla-disaster.

If William marries Catherine now, it could be "better the devil you know".
If he does not marry her, she's "Camilla" all over again.
If he marries another, that new princess will be written into a new Diana-position with William secretly harbouring an eternal love for Catherine.

How true. William is a Windsor man, after all, and acting as awkwardly as his father and his uncle(s). They should have thought carefully before splitting up because in his case a split must be a split, otherwise the media will jump onto that Diana/Camilla waggon. I hope William doesn't come too much after Charles in terms of hesitating way too long to take the right decision.

I'm sure it was William and Catherine I saw in Gretna Green after the concert! :ROFLMAO:

I'm really glad if they're back together!! it's such a lovely couple!!!

I think when the monarchy has to depend on two 24 year olds being media-saavy while going through their first traumatic breakup, the future of the institution doesn't look too bright.

The stinky stuff happens sometimes.

it's not easy dealing with the press , and they don't always get it right, but this doesn't mean they'll run through trouble waters in the future. Plus it's the first time both wills and kate had to deal with such a thing, so it's no wonder they're not getting it righ.

. I hope William doesn't come too much after Charles in terms of hesitating way too long to take the right decision.

I know many have had this fear and expressed it on this forum, but I personally think we don't have to worry about that. I think the royal family is doing a good job of making sure Prince William doesn't feel pressured to get married, and besides, if Kate is 'the one' I think she will wait for him. She seems to be waiting, at any rate. She has waited and been patient (so it seems) for as long as they've been a couple (since university!) so on the surface, it doesn't look like a case of Charles/Camilla. It looks like Prince William has for many years made his intentions clear to Kate. As an actively dating and steady couple for so long, it is so different from the dynamic of Charles and Camilla in the 70s. Camilla, it seems married APB because, unlike Charles, APB had expressed intention and desire to be with her. This does not seem the case with Wills and Kate. I think they are very clear on how they feel for each other.
As dodo has pointed out here, they have certainly sent out a lot of positive signals.

Personally I do hope they are together, or will get together again in the future. Kate seems genuine and down to earth, mkaing a more modern monarchy. Perhaps neither of them or ready for marriage yet and are enjoying a steady relationship. Maybe they have broken up but are still close confidantes. Nobody truly knows but themselves. Either way I hope they make the right decisions for themselves and their futures.

Hello!
No happy ending for the couple according to readers. In a poll conducted by the magazine readers do not think the couple will get their relationship back on track

If William is with the army for another 2 years, you can understand why he said he wanted to wait until he was at least 27 to marry, maybe he feels that it would be unfair to place that burden on his wife - prince andrew and sarah have commented on how him being away seriously strained there marriage.

Poor Kate. Honestly i would die if i were in her place, being followed 24/7. They should give her a break, or at least no take pictures while she's driving..this can be really dangeorus.

On another hand i think this shows how many things Kate is able to tolerate because of her relationship with wills. I think this behaviour speaks more that the public display of affection.

you go kate! :flowers:

Prosecute, that is the only way these low life's will take any notice. :bang:

Where is the PCC? Why aren't they slapping the lawsuit against them on her behalf? They said they would take any complaint from her seriously. I hope it is not long before the Harbottle & Lewis attorneys press her case and the PCC prosecutes on her behalf. With the PCC, it would give her more chance of winning than if she went on her own, wouldn't it? :cool:

sad to say, but it doesn't seem as though the media have learned a thing since diana's death

The media had nothing to do with Diana's death. She wasn't wearing a seatbelt, and her driver was drunk.

I doubt they are truly back together, especially since she was seated several rows back from William, Harry and Chelsy on such an important occasion. More likely, William is trying to be gracious and invited her to enjoy the acts that performed.

It would be a slap in her face to suddenly have to endure the media attention without any promise of a future marriage, which is the same pressures they were under before. It's time to put out or move on.

Poor Kate. Honestly i would die if i were in her place, being followed 24/7. They should give her a break, or at least no take pictures while she's driving..this can be really dangeorus.

On another hand i think this shows how many things Kate is able to tolerate because of her relationship with wills. I think this behaviour speaks more that the public display of affection.

you go kate! :flowers:

I don't understand why she tolerate this. However, if the Paps were harassing her while she was driving, and she contacted the authorities, then I give her kudos because this is a safety issue in which someone can get seriously hurt.:ermm:

However she can stop a lot of this by just saying we are just friends or encourage Prince William to have Clarence House submit a statement regarding whether or not they are friends or are dating.

If they are just friends, then she needs to distance herself from him and his friends so that she can move on. She can remain his friend just not in the public. She shouldn't sit in the royal boxes or take any perks that he dishing out to his friends because it causes people to speculate on whether or not she is dating him.

If she is dating him, then she need to accept the fact that everything she does, the Paps will try to get a picture of. If the Pap pressure is to much, she needs to end her relationship with Prince William and move on. Because if he does marry her, it is not going to get better.

IMHO, I sometimes thinks she like the attention she gets from the Paps.

Reuters-Prince William said back with girlfriend Kate

Prince William said back with girlfriend Kate | Top News | Reuters&

"LONDON (Reuters) - Prince William has persuaded his long-time girlfriend Kate Middleton to get back together again 12 weeks after the couple split, the Sun said in Friday's edition."

The article is saying that it's supposed to be announced officially at an upcoming polo match.

Here's a photo of the headline on The Sun:

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa239/prettyBaby3000/Sun_Headline.jpg

And a link to The Sun's latest online article. I wonder if this is just more speculation by the media or if there is some credence to the statements made by this tabloid?
The Sun Online - News: Wills and Kate rekindle romance

Last edited:
I don't understand why she tolerate this. However, if the Paps were harassing her while she was driving, and she contacted the authorities, then I give her kudos because this is a safety issue in which someone can get seriously hurt.:ermm:

However she can stop a lot of this by just saying we are just friends or encourage Prince William to have Clarence House submit a statement regarding whether or not they are friends or are dating.

If they are just friends, then she needs to distance herself from him and his friends so that she can move on. She can remain his friend just not in the public. She shouldn't sit in the royal boxes or take any perks that he dishing out to his friends because it causes people to speculate on whether or not she is dating him.

If she is dating him, then she need to accept the fact that everything she does, the Paps will try to get a picture of. If the Pap pressure is to much, she needs to end her relationship with Prince William and move on. Because if he does marry her, it is not going to get better.

IMHO, I sometimes thinks she like the attention she gets from the Paps.

i don't think she likes it. I think she just really wants to be with wills, i don't think she is willing to get injured or lose her life just for the fun of being linked to wills.

we don't know how kate feels about wills or him about her, so i think we can't really say what's best for them.

LONDON (Reuters) - Prince William has persuaded his long-time girlfriend Kate Middleton to get back together again 12 weeks after the couple split, the Sun said in Friday's edition."

The article is saying that it's supposed to be announced officially at an upcoming polo match.

Announced officially? The only thing that's likely to be announced officially would be an engagement, and polo matches aren't the usual outlet for royal engagement announcements.

Prince William said back with girlfriend Kate | Top News | Reuters&

"LONDON (Reuters) - Prince William has persuaded his long-time girlfriend Kate Middleton to get back together again 12 weeks after the couple split, the Sun said in Friday's edition."

Here's a photo of the headline on The Sun:

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa239/prettyBaby3000/Sun_Headline.jpg

And a link to The Sun's latest online article. I wonder if this is just more speculation by the media or if there is some credence to the statements made by this tabloid?
The Sun Online - News: Wills and Kate rekindle romance

another event to look forward to...keeping my fingers crossed

Announced officially? The only thing that's likely to be announced officially would be an engagement, and polo matches aren't the usual outlet for royal engagement announcements.

I think they're suggesting that if kate shows up with him at polo is obvious they're back together. Announce the reconciliation not with statements but with actions.

I think we should not make a drama of it. How many young couples have split for a short period of time and then rekindled their relationship? It happens all the time, and why should it be different for the two? After all, this could have been a healing experience for William who obviously has found out that there is something special between him and Kate and that it was worth fighting for her. If it is true that he has done all the chasing after initially being the one unwilling to commit, this could be an excellent foundation for a stable long-term relationship because he has done some serious thinking about what he wants and needs.

As for the future, quite honestly, the two are in a Catch 22-situation. If they marry sooner than later, the media interest will shift from marrying to her getting pregnant. If they allow themselves some more time - and why shouldn't they do that? -, they will be pestered all the time about the date of their marriage. So whatever they do, they cannot avoid all the speculations.

I do not think that the public was misled about the split-up. Kate has changed her style since April quite dramatically and I seriously doubt that she would have worn all those skimpy dresses etc. if the whole break-up was just staged. It will be interesting to see if she will now revert to the rather boring tweed dresses she thought wise to wear while being officially linked to William.

Whether she is dating him, puts out a statement or not, the actions of these photographers was intolerable. They put her and every other road user in danger by their actions.
On Saturday, in weather conditions described as appalling, four cars containing photographers are said to have tailgated Ms Middleton's car as she drove in London. Some of the cars came alongside her to attempt to take photographs of her, forcing Ms Middleton to stop her car, the source said
With all the CCTV cameras in London, the police must have the numberplates of these ****************

thank goodness she, at least, had the sense to stop her car. it's one thing to be walking down the street and have the photographers snapping away but to be driving like an idiot...well it must have been really frightening.

From the IHT:
The report prompted bookmaker Ladbrokes to announce it would no longer take bets on who William will marry. After their split, bookies initially put the odds on the couple marrying at 16/1, but the odds eventually improved to a 1/3 chance as more gamblers put their money on Middleton.
"We thought the pair had split for good," Ladbrokes spokesman Nick Weinberg said, adding the public "clearly had more faith than the bookies."

it's funny how that article says they looked "strained" at their last public appearance together. it looks to me like they were taking an interest in what someone was saying to them. how DO these magazine/newspaper writers learn to interpret these things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom