The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Prince Harry and Prince William

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-25-2007, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penny Lane View Post
I think alot of the young women who think they want him would be bored either by him or the life itself.Kate it seems has passed that test.
That is a very interesting thought. I think it's very possible many women would fail the royal test for the simple reason that the workaday reality is such a far cry from the fantasy of being a princess. I really can imagine Middleton taking on the royal round with a Mary Donaldson brand of self-assurance.
Some of the anti-Middleton people have called it her "arrogance". Call it whatever, it might just be her survival instinct.

Old 06-25-2007, 01:41 PM
Imperial Majesty

I hope and William and Kate are together again. I think they would make a great couple and Kate would be a great Princess and some day Queen. It seems that William has a choice a make: Kate wants a commitment this time, I think that she doesn´t want to be just his girlfriend, she loves William and she´s ready to get married.

Old 06-25-2007, 01:46 PM
Nobility

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio View Post
That is a very interesting thought. I think it's very possible many women would fail the royal test for the simple reason that the workaday reality is such a far cry from the fantasy of being a princess. I really can imagine Middleton taking on the royal round with a Mary Donaldson brand of self-assurance.
Some of the anti-Middleton people have called it her "arrogance". Call it whatever, it might just be her survival instinct.
Yes the fantasy is one thing the everyday reality is another.Many young women think they could handle it but very few really could and that's not a slam against them at all I think it just requires the right person.Kate it seems may be the right person.
Old 06-25-2007, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penny Lane View Post
Yes the fantasy is one thing the everyday reality is another.Many young women think they could handle it but very few really could and that's not a slam against them at all I think it just requires the right person.Kate it seems may be the right person.
She certainly has all the tell-tale signs of a self-assured person up to the royal task: good solid family (seemingly), good social personality. I don't see any of the insecurity that was always so apparent with Diana, the way Diana always held her head a little down like the attention just tortured her, right from the beginning of the Lady Di mania. I am right there 100% in agreement with all of you. I hope it works out for them. If the "breakup" was just a farce, it didn't work out too well for them because the media didn't leave Kate alone; the paparazzi still pursued her, and she just kept her head high and smiled her way through it, maybe it makes William love her more, seeing her handle it with so much strength of character and not cower away like so many girls would (I know I would definitely cower!)
Old 06-25-2007, 03:39 PM
Imperial Majesty

I like Catherine, but it is Catherine and William who have to decide if they want to spend the rest of their lives together. Perhaps Catherine has already decided that she wants to be an ordinary person, with the chance of an ordinary life.

I hope they make whatever decision themselves!
Old 06-25-2007, 04:08 PM

I know you are right, Skydragon. I know it's easy for me to start thinking, oh they look so happy or so good together, or seem so good for each other, but the early images of Prince Charles and Lady diana were very convincing too, and the same is the case for so many couples who don't last. In the end, it's impossible to know from just pictures. It's like William said in the NBC interview, in the end you/we will never know either him or Harry unless we sit down and talk to them, face to face.
Old 06-25-2007, 04:20 PM
Royal Highness

i wasn't aware that the media were still chasing catherine after the break up. we didn't see any of it in papers here. was there a lot?
Old 06-25-2007, 04:58 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quite a lot, it just didn't seem to be appropriate to post articles of his ex girlfriend, even if there had been a thread. Ther media linked her to a variety of young men, the father of one gave an interview denying the link!
Old 06-25-2007, 06:09 PM

Yes, the paparazzi still lay in wait for her outside her house some nights and they get wind of what parties she is at and snap their pics. On the Fashion Spot the girls there post HQ paparazzi shots of her almost daily. I think they were follow her as long as she is news, which is until or if PW gets another girlfriend.
Old 06-25-2007, 06:45 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio View Post
I know it's easy for me to start thinking, oh they look so happy or so good together, or seem so good for each other, but the early images of Prince Charles and Lady diana were very convincing too, and the same is the case for so many couples who don't last. In the end, it's impossible to know from just pictures. It's like William said in the NBC interview, in the end you/we will never know either him or Harry unless we sit down and talk to them, face to face.
I agree that it's impossible to know from pictures, but in the case of William and Kate I think we have a great deal more than picures to take into account and lots of features that distinguish their situation from that of William's parents or indeed any other couple who initially appeared suitable but whose relationship did not last.

For me the main thing is that William and Kate know each other very well and have done for years. Their relationship has already stood the test of time. They have seen each other at their best and the worst and they got to know each other in the real world, not just the fairtytale world. Kate knows the real William, not just the prince, and William knows the real Kate. William would have been able to work out whether or not Kate would be able to fit into his future life with all its demands, and Kate has had plenty of time to observe and assess Wiliam's family and what they do and to work out whether or not she would fit into that role. The media interest has been a wretched nuisance for them, but it is an ever-present factor in William's life and anyone marrying him would have to meet and overcome that challenge at some stage during their relationship.

I think that if Kate and William do marry, they will have made the decision with eyes wide open and we will be able to be confident that there is a very good chance their marriage will work.
Old 06-25-2007, 06:55 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
Quite a lot, it just didn't seem to be appropriate to post articles of his ex girlfriend, even if there had been a thread.
There is a thread; it's here:

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...ners-7453.html

However, if they're getting back together, we'll reopen Kate's thread in this forum, of course.
Old 06-25-2007, 07:00 PM
Aristocracy

I suposse Kate will stay in the Diana´s Anniversary.
Old 06-25-2007, 07:15 PM
Commoner

hmm, I had an idea while reading the latest updates to this thread ... what if it was the merchants (such as woolworths who made all these engagement souvenirs) who contrived this rumor just to get their souvenir items sold.

I don't know about the photo's as such, however. It's possible they could have been photoshopped or they could have been old ones that they now decided to use and present as new ones. Or they could have even found people / models who looked a little like them.

However I wouldn't rule out that they still see each other socially. I still see some of my exboyfriends socially and it doesn't mean anything.

Also I wanted to add that it's not so unusual for friends of celebrities to make statements like what Wills friends seem to be doing. You might think it isn't right, but, I have friends who are celebrities and they very often tell me what I should say if people ask me anything about them. So, lets say for example, Wills and Kate really don't want people to know they're still dating, they tell their friends that "although we are dating, we don't want anyone else to know that, so if anyone asks, tell them no, we're just friends".

"One day my music will unite. Fighting will be no more that's right. One day my people will know love and this war will over. And love will fall upon us ..." ~ from the song 'One Day' by Kees Dieffenthaller
Old 06-25-2007, 07:21 PM

Kat, I think you are close to the money, not quite but close. I have a feeling the tabloids got some prankster story and now the world press like CNN pick it up because it is a potential money pit. I think they are certainly friends still, and according to good sources, Kate was definitely there at the party, but the whole story that appeared in NOTR about her and Wills being all over each other, this is very contrived, in my opinion. I think some prankster got out of control with the idea of making a joke on the media. Believe me, I love Kate and I am the first person ready and wanting to believe it is true, but I think it is not true. Logic tells me we are to be disappointed.
Old 06-25-2007, 07:41 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

This is just another evidence of how silly this yellow press is... when you think it can't get sillier, something like this happens!!
An idiot (who's a member of another royal webforum...) sent an email to the Daily Mail, making up this story; they, of course, wanted to believe and the rest is history... as you can see, all the press is now quoting and copying the same story, without even checking it!...
Old 06-25-2007, 07:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

I Have a very odd feeling thats its true They are both old enough to know what they want so I Say lets give them a chance , I Always thought they were good together. They both seem for the most part Decent People.
Old 06-25-2007, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsa M. View Post
This is just another evidence of how silly this yellow press is... when you think it can't get sillier, something like this happens!!
An idiot (who's a member of another royal webforum...) sent an email to the Daily Mail, making up this story; they, of course, wanted to believe and the rest is history... as you can see, all the press is now quoting and copying the same story, without even checking it!...
Clarence House or Kate's parents should formally complain to PCC about what happened, I mean it. They have a helleva good libel case against the Mail on Sunday if they decide to take action. CH likely won't do anything, they never do, but if they wanted to on this case, they would win.
Old 06-25-2007, 08:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

They reported tonight that Kate is Williams date for the event in August.
Old 06-25-2007, 09:48 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Telegraph newspaper online

Nothing new but an interesting opinion from the Telegraph on the possibility of these two exes getting together - written from the viewpoint of a reporter who broke up with her boyfriend six times!

I hope Wills and Kate don't subject us to that!
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 06-25-2007, 10:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

If I Were Kate Id go ahead and get with him why take advice from someone like this editor.

Tags
kate middleton, prince william, relationships