The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Prince Harry and Prince William

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-24-2007, 07:22 PM
Heir Presumptive

Yes it is Henry VIII third wife.

Old 06-24-2007, 07:37 PM
Heir Apparent

it would be great news if they were to be back together!

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 06-24-2007, 07:56 PM

I hope it's true. I thought they made a darling couple and she certainly knows how to dress and behave. She already seems "royal" to me.
Old 06-24-2007, 08:37 PM
Serene Highness

I recall some speculation about the break up as being a set up to get the press to back off Miss Middleton as it was overwhelming. But again it was just that, speculation- who knows. I also believe I read somewhere that they have broken up before so this could go on back and forth for a while.
Old 06-24-2007, 09:00 PM
Courtier

I personally think that the breakup was a facade to get the press of Kate's back.

Stellad
Old 06-24-2007, 09:27 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellad View Post
I personally think that the breakup was a facade to get the press of Kate's back.

Stellad
Ditto, and it seemed to work. Maybe they are making big plans, and this was a break Kate asked for to think things over?
Old 06-24-2007, 10:03 PM
Nobility

I like Kate and hope she and Will make it. But I just don't know. I have a bad feeling about this. I just hope to goodness I'm wrong.
Old 06-24-2007, 10:29 PM
Gentry

I keep going back and forth, is it true, is it not true. But then I take a look at Will and all that he has gone through and think that Kate has been the one constant in his life for a long time. I think that type of security must be hard to let go.... I'm not sure if she is right or wrong for him but I am glad to see him in a long term relationship if nothing more than to help any that he might have in the future. The family he belongs too doesn't have a great track record (at least the younger generation), for staying with one person for a significant length of time.
Old 06-24-2007, 10:29 PM
Aristocracy

Maybe they just had a cooling off period

I know that right before the split, the press scrutiny of Kate was intense. Maybe they decided to cool it for a few months, to think about if this was something they were both prepared to live with.

They do seem awfully young to me, but then I'm an ollllllld fogey.
Old 06-24-2007, 10:59 PM
Commoner

Hmm, I don't even know what to think here, lol.

I remember when I heard William was joining the army, I thought it's gonna be hard for him to be apart from Kate for so long (since reports suggested they'd been spending a lot of time together).

Then on top of that heartache, they both had to deal with all the press following them (especially her) around and the rumors about a pending marriage that may or may not have had any basis at all.

I think maybe they both needed to figure things out (I could imagine under those circumstances, having the need to figure it all out - after all sometimes these types of situations can get out of control and can cause people to wonder if the reason they're still in it is because they love each other or for something else).

They probably both just wanted some time to work out their own issues, whether together or not.

Somehow or the other though, whether or not they do get back together, I suspect there will always be people (and the media) spreading rumors that they are back together and that they're going to get married. Which (if they're lucky) will probably only stop upon William's marriage to someone else.

"One day my music will unite. Fighting will be no more that's right. One day my people will know love and this war will over. And love will fall upon us ..." ~ from the song 'One Day' by Kees Dieffenthaller
Old 06-24-2007, 11:09 PM
Nobility

Only time will tell. They need time and space to figure out what they want. Kate seemed happier when they were apart. William didn't. I hope they make it as a couple, but I fear Kate has to wait for William to catch up to her emotional maturity. I was really po'd at him when it was rumored they broke up a few months ago because he seemed weak kneed tome. He still does, and I still have my doubts about him.
Old 06-24-2007, 11:19 PM
Commoner

This isn't true at all. DM ran with a story that was e-mailed to them. They are speculating as well. They are all going off some pictures that were taken at a party where it was speculated that Kate was one of the girls in a picture. William also attended the party (again speculation) according the pictures. They are all just going off this. If this is proof that OK, Kate and Will are back on.
Old 06-24-2007, 11:24 PM
Gentry

Actually, I look at the pictures right before they broke up where William clearly was unhappy. I don't think there was one picture with a smile at the Cheltenham Festival. From the pages and pages of pictures, he appeared to only look at Zara. In fact he looked miserable to me.

Contrast that with after the break up. I think he has looked sooo much better. He has been happy, laughing and smiling. And, it has looked genuine. He has done something other than come out of a club at 3 in the morning with Kate. The only people portraying him as sad and lonely are the press who lose out when they can't make money from the William and Kate story.

Also, the media focus on Kate did not let up after the breakup. Pictures were constantly taken. (You can check other boards where the pictures were posted day after day.) Stories about how she was able to carry on were written. She continued coming out of clubs every Thursday. In fact she was in the news more than William. Even now, they are writing (not a quote, just a paraphrase) that she is the one totally in control. She will have to decide whether to grace him with her presence once again, but only if their is a marriage this time. The article states that those close to him say this rumor is way off the mark and he isn't ready to go down that path.

I don't have the answer to the back together or not story but I think he has done so much more and looked so much better since the breakup.
Old 06-25-2007, 02:31 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjrn View Post
Actually, I look at the pictures right before they broke up where William clearly was unhappy. I don't think there was one picture with a smile at the Cheltenham Festival. From the pages and pages of pictures, he appeared to only look at Zara. In fact he looked miserable to me.
I agree.

Quote:
Contrast that with after the break up. I think he has looked sooo much better. He has been happy, laughing and smiling. And, it has looked genuine. He has done something other than come out of a club at 3 in the morning with Kate. The only people portraying him as sad and lonely are the press who lose out when they can't make money from the William and Kate story.
He was probably happier because there were no longer all rumors about an engagment ended and did the pressure was felt from what media was saying or maybe he was getting pressured by courtiers. He probably already wanted out of the relationship or wanted a break from the relationship. I actually think that it had to do with his Army training taking him away form London so he wanted to concentrate on the training.

Quote:
Also, the media focus on Kate did not let up after the breakup. Pictures were constantly taken. (You can check other boards where the pictures were posted day after day.) Stories about how she was able to carry on were written. She continued coming out of clubs every Thursday. In fact she was in the news more than William.
The media or the paps probably thought they a load of money by taking pictures of her. She was trying to show that she was in with Prince William's circle. William was training at Lulworth.

Quote:
I don't have the answer to the back together or not story but I think he has done so much more and looked so much better since the breakup.
I agree.
Old 06-25-2007, 04:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellad View Post

Stellad
Thats what I thought too
Old 06-25-2007, 05:11 AM
Royal Highness

I could see the break-up as a stunt for the press to get them to back off. They were on her like vultures. Personally, I think if they can get the upper hand and yank/jerk them around a bit with an on-again-off-again scenerio, more power to them. Take control!
Old 06-25-2007, 07:58 AM
Gentry

toying

To tell you the truth i don't think they were broken up to start off with.

I think they are toying with the press and the public.

She seemed fine when they "Broke up" smiling like nothing happen i think it was a way for her to get out of the spotlight a bit cause it was probly to much and i don't think william wanted kate to have a life like his mother did.

thats what i think.

And i think she make a great princess.

Go kate
Old 06-25-2007, 08:05 AM
Administrator

Since this thread is about the various media reports (which are all we have to go on), and it's now almost 24 hours since the news "broke", what are the London tabloids saying about it a day later?

Over to our reliable and reputable Brit tabloid watchers...
Old 06-25-2007, 08:20 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by hornsen View Post
I don´t believe it and I really don´t hope it!!! William, don´t be stupid!!!
Escuse cause I don't know about the W&K story
Why do you think that
she seems to be so Quite and respectuous
Old 06-25-2007, 08:46 AM
Heir Apparent

Well, Hello magazine has weighed in with some pretty interesting "revelations" and details.. William and Kate romance sparks anew at Army party

Tags
kate middleton, prince william, relationships