The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Prince Harry and Prince William

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #421  
Old 08-02-2007, 11:18 AM
cde cde is offline
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Marina del rey, United States
Posts: 235
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv..._author_id=230

The Queen article was from Richard Kay originally. I am not saying it isn't true, but Kay I know from C+C articles always leaves important bits of information out that end up changing how the story actually happened.
__________________

__________________
  #422  
Old 08-02-2007, 11:31 AM
Saphire's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Havre de Grace, United States
Posts: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by karla64 View Post
The Queen concerned about them...

The Royalist - The Queen 'Fears For William & Kate'

I don't know if the Queen really said that Kate attracts attention by wearing short skirts and boots, but why shouldn't she? She's not a member of the royal family and she is very young. I think that what she wears is age appropriate, also, I don't think anybody is really interested in Autumn Kelly as she is not marrying the future King of England.
__________________

__________________
  #423  
Old 08-02-2007, 12:02 PM
acdc1's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: somewhere in, United States
Posts: 1,812
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saphire View Post
I don't know if the Queen really said that Kate attracts attention by wearing short skirts and boots, but why shouldn't she? She's not a member of the royal family and she is very young. I think that what she wears is age appropriate, also, I don't think anybody is really interested in Autumn Kelly as she is not marrying the future King of England.
She's only started wearing the more age-appropriate stuff after breaking up with William. If you noticed, in March and early April she was beginning to wear tweed outfits that would also look great on Princess Anne (no offense to the princess about the clothing comment, but she is nearing 60, Kate's only 25. A 25-year-old shouldn't have to wear tweed). I think that things were getting very serious, and she thought that she had to wear that kind of stuff to fit in better. Going with my theory that they never really "broke-up", I think that they took a short break so Kate could feel a litte more free in what she had to wear. She seems much better since their break, less tense, happier.

And I agree about Autumn Kelly, too. If Autumn were going to marry the future King of England, she would get just as much press as Kate does. But she's not; she's marrying the 10th in line to the throne who doesn't get a whole ton of press himself.

Edit: I'm agreeing with everything you said. I didn't say it before, but I am.
__________________
  #424  
Old 08-02-2007, 12:29 PM
kimebear's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Albany, United States
Posts: 1,382
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_star View Post
Personally I hope that these two are not back together. It would be a crying shame if our future queen were someone so bland who's only desire seems to be appearing in the limelight.

Moreover in light of her recent acts (doing a Britney/Paris) I doubt she would be welcomed into the family.
I must have missed the press coverage of her quickie Vegas wedding, tatoos, jail time, shaven head, drunk driving, papparazzi fighting, child protective service visits, sex tapes, bare crotch flashing, etc, etc.

If her guilt lies in the endless social functions she attends and the endless vacations she takes, then every girl in Tatler and on the social register should be excluded from being the next queen. If her guilt lies in her nights out wearing a short skirt, then poor Zara is in immediate danger of being tossed out on her bum as well.
__________________
  #425  
Old 08-02-2007, 03:19 PM
CasiraghiTrio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Burbank, United States
Posts: 6,402
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saphire View Post
I don't know if the Queen really said that Kate attracts attention by wearing short skirts and boots, but why shouldn't she? She's not a member of the royal family and she is very young. I think that what she wears is age appropriate, also, I don't think anybody is really interested in Autumn Kelly as she is not marrying the future King of England.
This is exactly how I feel. Besides, from what I understand of Her Majesty, one of her few faults is being tolerant almost to a fault, that is making any excuse available to allow whatever is happening. Simply put, if any of Kate's behavior is remotely appropriate for whatever reason, HM is more likely than not to be the first person to acknowledge it. Look at long HM made excuses for Diana, who acknowledged as much, saying, "She just needs time to adjust," or "it's the pregnancy" or something like that. When Zara got her tongue pierced, the Queen thought it was hilarious and laughed it off. Now probably, she sees a front page devoted to Kate and says with a roll of her eyes, "Oh those young bloods!" and then HM gets on with her day! Either way, the woman has better things to think about than measuring the length of Kate Middleton's skirts or telling her she shouldn't wear boots!

And of course the reason Kate can't be "invisible" like Autumn Kelly is that there are no paparazzi making money off of Autumn Kelly! If one of them took pics of Autumn leaving her house, who would buy it??!!
__________________
Chewsteraghi on Tumblr. Schmichaelira on Twitter. Tumblr aka obsessivechewsteraghidisorder. Be warned: I'm weird.
  #426  
Old 08-02-2007, 07:17 PM
Duchess's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: xx, Canada
Posts: 1,648
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_star View Post
Personally I hope that these two are not back together. It would be a crying shame if our future queen were someone so bland who's only desire seems to be appearing in the limelight.

Moreover in light of her recent acts (doing a Britney/Paris) I doubt she would be welcomed into the family.
not sure when catherine became so interested in appearing in the limelight or what britney/paris thing she did. can you tell me about it? i admit that i'm not the most knowledgeable on current events when it comes to the royals or their significant others but i can't remember reading anywhere that catherine:
a) went out for an evening without wearing any knickers
b) had a meltdown at a fashion shoot and destroyed/walked out with expensive designer clothes
c) drove illegally
d) shaved her head
e) divorced
f) made a sex tape that was released on the worldwide web
g) lost her dog and plastered the city with posters of it offering a reward
h) has starred in a pointless reality series where she makes a complete fool of herself.
i) acted like she was sentenced to death row rather than a short jail term.

if i've missed anything here let me know but the only things i've heard of catherine is that her peers seem to like her, she appears to be discreet, well mannered and comes from a stable, loving and supportive family.
__________________
Duchess
  #427  
Old 08-02-2007, 10:26 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Annapolis, United States
Posts: 443
Quote:
Originally Posted by karla64 View Post
The Queen concerned about them...

The Royalist - The Queen 'Fears For William & Kate'
That article is garbage. And it is also fodder for the Kate haters, nothing more.
__________________
  #428  
Old 08-03-2007, 04:46 AM
Little_star's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Manchester, United Kingdom
Posts: 5,605
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimebear View Post
I must have missed the press coverage of her quickie Vegas wedding, tatoos, jail time, shaven head, drunk driving, papparazzi fighting, child protective service visits, sex tapes, bare crotch flashing, etc, etc.
I was speaking of the photos splashed all over the net of Kate getting in/out of a taxi with no underwear on.

Hardly my idea of Queen material.......
__________________
Please give whatever you can to the DEC's Pakistan Floods Appeal. Millions of lives are at risk
http://www.dec.org.uk/index.html
  #429  
Old 08-03-2007, 04:47 AM
Little_star's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Manchester, United Kingdom
Posts: 5,605
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess View Post
not sure when catherine became so interested in appearing in the limelight or what britney/paris thing she did. can you tell me about it? i admit that i'm not the most knowledgeable on current events when it comes to the royals or their significant others but i can't remember reading anywhere that catherine:
a) went out for an evening without wearing any knickers
b) had a meltdown at a fashion shoot and destroyed/walked out with expensive designer clothes
c) drove illegally
d) shaved her head
e) divorced
f) made a sex tape that was released on the worldwide web
g) lost her dog and plastered the city with posters of it offering a reward
h) has starred in a pointless reality series where she makes a complete fool of herself.
i) acted like she was sentenced to death row rather than a short jail term.

if i've missed anything here let me know but the only things i've heard of catherine is that her peers seem to like her, she appears to be discreet, well mannered and comes from a stable, loving and supportive family.
You have missed something then, she has been photographed without underwear getting out of a taxi.

Moreover I hardly think it discreet to participate in an exclusive photoshoot for Hello!
__________________
Please give whatever you can to the DEC's Pakistan Floods Appeal. Millions of lives are at risk
http://www.dec.org.uk/index.html
  #430  
Old 08-03-2007, 05:23 AM
kimebear's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Albany, United States
Posts: 1,382
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_star View Post
I was speaking of the photos splashed all over the net of Kate getting in/out of a taxi with no underwear on.

Hardly my idea of Queen material.......
I definitely missed this article. What paper was it in and when did it happen? I'm suprised that with all the royalty related web sites that I read every day something this big got missed. Also what is wrong with posing with her fellow boat crew in Hello? Wouldn't any attention be good attention for the charity that will benefit from the challenge? What can this girl do right in your eyes? She's not involved in anything, she's bland, she is involved, she's indiscreet. I don't see anything about William either finishing things for good or putting a ring on her finger. He is leaving her twisting in the media wind, with the uncertainty of their relationship even more grist for the mill than ever. Hardly my idea of kingly material.
__________________
  #431  
Old 08-03-2007, 05:26 AM
Duke of Marmalade's Avatar
Majesty
TRF Author
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Posts: 8,861
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_star View Post
Hardly my idea of Queen material.......
I don't think she has Queen material either. She should get a job and move out of the spotlight if she has plans to marry William, the sooner the better. These HELLO stories don't help, and basically it's her who allows all attention to turn on her. No one urges her to do anything.

I don't buy this story of poor Kate being harrassed by the paparazzi all the time. It's not so one sided as she or Clarence House always want to make people believe. If she goes clubbing 5 nights per week of course she is followed by the media. If she doesn't want the attention or media coverage 24/7 she has to lead her life accordingly. That's just the way it is and it works, as we can see from other VIPs living in London.

And if William wanted to protect her, he could easily do so, by committing to whatever relation they have. It would prevent people from speculating all the time and give Kate more security. At the moment, she is just an on / off girlfried? Sounds very much like stick to her until a better option comes around.
__________________
  #432  
Old 08-03-2007, 09:19 AM
TonyaR's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: *, United States
Posts: 328
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_star View Post
You have missed something then, she has been photographed without underwear getting out of a taxi.

Moreover I hardly think it discreet to participate in an exclusive photoshoot for Hello!
I saw those photographs, and she was wearing underwear. What was shameful was that the photographers would stoop so low as to take photos of a woman in such a manner. She never once requested such a thing, and it had never been done to her before.

What's good about the situation (if anything connected to such an event could be called good) is that the photos were paparrazzi photos only, and none of the tabloids bought and printed them.

Consequently the photos were available for viewing on paparrazzi photo websites only, and they weren't available to be seen in all countries. I've noticed that a lot of them were removed from the photo websites as well. I'm glad about that at least.

I think the reason those photos weren't picked up by the tabs and reported about is because the photos were obtained in a very underhanded way, and Kate certainly would have had a huge case for a law suit. Since they weren't published in a tabloid or a newspaper, most of the general public didn't see the photos, indeed they weren't even aware of them, which is as it should be; considering the subject matter. No woman should ever have to be subjected to such a level of disrespect.

It just shows the depths of depravity that those paparrazzos will sink to.

The Hello photoshoot also featured the entire Sisterhood rowing team that Kate Middleton has joined, and it will garner publicity for their charities I imagine. It was mentioned in an article that Kate Middleton did not give an to Hello interview herself, she was only photographed. The other members of the boat crew gave the interviews.
__________________
“Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, ..stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.”
~Christopher Robin to Pooh
(A.A. Milne)
  #433  
Old 08-03-2007, 09:41 AM
ysbel's Avatar
Heir Apparent
TRF Author
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 5,390
It is possible that Kate is moving on to a life without William.

However, whether Kate is seing William or not, I don't see anything indiscreet in the Hello magazine photos. Two pictures of Kate and a group of girls taking a boat out in the water aren't really scandalous by themselves. I don't think the Queen would disapprove if a future daughter-in-law participated in a charity like this but I think we have to assume at this point from the breakup that Kate is not a future daughter-in-law.

Charity groups stage events like this to get their pictures in the paper so its not surprising when they succeed. I agree having Kate there probably helped them get more coverage but I see no harm in the pictures or in Kate attending the event.

I didn't see the pictures of Kate without underwear but I've heard that photographers will sometimes lie on the ground to get a picture of someone's private parts.
__________________
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
  #434  
Old 08-03-2007, 01:27 PM
caroline mathilda's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: east coast, United States
Posts: 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade
And if William wanted to protect her, he could easily do so, by committing to whatever relation they have. It would prevent people from speculating all the time and give Kate more security. At the moment, she is just an on / off girlfried? Sounds very much like stick to her until a better option comes around.
I think Prince William should do exactly what he wants to do about this relationship: commit or not commit or let it drift. Ie , if he wants to continue dating Kate until he meets the "right one," then he should do so. As long as he is up front with Kate, and she accepts these parameters, then so be it.

Too many people formalize relationships just to assuage other people's expectations. This may not be the most gallant or romantic course of behavior but it could potentially prevent a bad outcome like his parents had.

I also don't think it is useful to compare this relationship to Charles and Camilla's in the early 70s; a different time with different people.

If William were my son, I would counsel him to go slow and deliberate and listen to his heart and accept no other pressures including ultimatums from Kate.

Caroline Mathilda
__________________
I vow to thee my country
  #435  
Old 08-03-2007, 03:30 PM
tammy81's Avatar
Gentry
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Rijeka, Croatia
Posts: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by caroline mathilda View Post
I think Prince William should do exactly what he wants to do about this relationship: commit or not commit or let it drift. Ie , if he wants to continue dating Kate until he meets the "right one," then he should do so. As long as he is up front with Kate, and she accepts these parameters, then so be it.

Too many people formalize relationships just to assuage other people's expectations. This may not be the most gallant or romantic course of behavior but it could potentially prevent a bad outcome like his parents had.

I also don't think it is useful to compare this relationship to Charles and Camilla's in the early 70s; a different time with different people.

If William were my son, I would counsel him to go slow and deliberate and listen to his heart and accept no other pressures including ultimatums from Kate.

Caroline Mathilda
I just wanted to say, whatever tehy do from now on Kate is always going to be in the center of attention....so I don't see how William could have protected her...He couldn't do anything when she was his grilfriend more than appealling to the common sense and ask to be left in piece to live whatever they had or have still going on....
__________________
  #436  
Old 08-03-2007, 04:08 PM
avrilo's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Mexico city, Mexico
Posts: 680
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_star View Post
You have missed something then, she has been photographed without underwear getting out of a taxi.

Moreover I hardly think it discreet to participate in an exclusive photoshoot for Hello!

I saw those photos too and unless you had been there and take a "closer" look there is no way you can tell. I think you are really confusing Kate with Britney
__________________
  #437  
Old 08-03-2007, 04:52 PM
Duchess's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: xx, Canada
Posts: 1,648
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_star View Post
You have missed something then, she has been photographed without underwear getting out of a taxi.

Moreover I hardly think it discreet to participate in an exclusive photoshoot for Hello!
if the photos you're referring to are the ones taken several months ago that are shot at such an angle so as the photographer would "hopefully" get an embarrassing shot of her, then i think you're mistaken. she did nothing inappropriate and as mentioned earlier, there's no way you could tell. the only one that acted inappropriately was the photographer. he can only be called a pig if his intention was to get a shot up her dress. as for the hello magazine shoot it was hardly an exclusive catherine story. it was about the team and the charity. nothing inappropriate about that either.
__________________
Duchess
  #438  
Old 08-03-2007, 07:03 PM
ysbel's Avatar
Heir Apparent
TRF Author
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 5,390
Perhaps if the pictures of Kate with or without underwear are several months old, they are not relevant in a thread about reports of the two getting back together.

ysbel
British forum moderator
__________________
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
  #439  
Old 08-03-2007, 08:47 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: San Diego, United States
Posts: 787
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv2Cruise View Post
That article is garbage. And it is also fodder for the Kate haters, nothing more.
I don't know if the article is true or not but I don't think William wants to marry Kate evidenced by his own actions even though it seems like the public and the tabloid press has already chosen for him who he should marry. He should have a right to choose who he will spend the rest of his life with.
__________________
  #440  
Old 08-03-2007, 11:56 PM
kimebear's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Albany, United States
Posts: 1,382
I think William and Kate are together. Either way he should end the speculation. Either stop making plans with her or announce that they are back together. The media seemed much less interested in her every day life when her status was clear. It's the 'are they or aren't they' bite of fruit the media keeps feeding the public. Whether or not they marry remains to be seen. If that is the case, they would keep a low profile so as not to cast a shadow over Peter Phillips wedding. Perhaps they are waiting for Peter to have his moment in the sun before making any final decisions on whether or not they are right for each other for life and not the casual fling.
__________________

__________________
Closed Thread

Tags
kate middleton, prince william, relationships


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Popular Tags
abdication belgium birth carl philip charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events fashion germany grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta leonor infanta sofia jewellery jordan king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander letizia luxembourg nobility official visit ottoman pregnancy president hollande prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince daniel prince floris prince maurits prince pieter-christiaan princess aimee princess alexia (2005 -) princess anita princess astrid princess beatrix princess charlene princess claire princess mabel princess madeleine princess margriet princess mary queen anne-marie queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen paola queen silvia royal royal fashion russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit stockholm sweden the hague visit wedding



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:58 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]