The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Prince Harry and Prince William

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2007, 08:34 AM
Serene Highness

thanks for this article about kate!!!

Old 07-28-2007, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cde
IMO the Mail is really making way too much of the girl's background in the "Sisterhood".
According to the Telegraph article by Caroline Davies, Middleton joined on the suggestion of teammate, fellow "Sister" Alicia Fox-Pitt, whom she knew from Marlborough College. Maybe this Alicia Fox-Pitt is related to William Fox-Pitt?? He is on the British Eventing team with Zara Phillips!

Old 07-28-2007, 03:07 PM
Nobility

According to several articles including a recent one from the Daily Mail, ( Link: Saucy secrets of the all-woman team about to row the Channel | the Daily Mail ) Alicia Fox-Pitt is his sister, and supposedly she has competed in some equestrian events herself. The article is very interesting.
Old 07-28-2007, 08:08 PM

Do you know which girl is Alicia, because in the pics, the blonde girl has the same kind of features of Kate's buddy at the Wimbledon tennis on 3rd or 4th July, looks exactly the same nose and mouth. I just wonder if this woman is Alicia. They seem to be close friends.
Here, the blonde one standing compared to Kate's companion at Wimbledon, in first week of July. The pics are from Hello! and Reuters respectively.'

Edit: I see now the blonde girl is Emma Sayle, not Alicia, and thanks for answering my question about Alicia.
If you want to see some really awesome HQ pics of Kate's training day, go to Justjared.com. There are lots of pics there, from the training day, and of course tons of pics of her clubbing, shopping, etc.
Old 07-30-2007, 04:14 AM
Aristocracy

kate looks better without makeup!
Old 07-30-2007, 03:36 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophie View Post
kate looks better without makeup!
One of the British newspapers noted that she had on "full face" makeup for the rowing practice. I think she was certainly less made up than she is when she goes out clubbing.
Old 07-31-2007, 01:33 AM
Serene Highness

More fuel for the fire!

People.co.uk - News - KATE DROPS ENGAGEMENT HINT
Old 07-31-2007, 02:41 AM
Gentry

What about this one? (Sorry if it was posted previously; I didn't see it anywhere.) Seemed to fit in this thread rather than a concert thread because palace officials were upset about the Kate coverage.

Quote:
There was an unnatural amount of focus on William and Harry and their friends. The BBC shouldn't have focused on Kate Middleton at all. The couple aren't engaged and she has no official status. The coverage was disgraceful.
News of the World: News
Old 07-31-2007, 09:12 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimebear View Post
Don't you think this is much ado about nothing? I don't think she deliberately tried to get things stirred up; she just answered the question. This girl has gone far too far to start talking to the press and dropping hints like this.
Old 07-31-2007, 09:37 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by caroline mathilda View Post
Don't you think this is much ado about nothing? I don't think she deliberately tried to get things stirred up; she just answered the question. This girl has gone far too far to start talking to the press and dropping hints like this.
It's a question of pronounciation sometimes. How she said: "Not yet". She probably didn't mean it as "Not yet my party, but mine will come" but as "The time to talk about a party for me has not yet come, I'm not going to get married anytime soon". Two meanings who can be attached to the "not yet" - if she even said that. And maybe that "reporter" was a girl posing as a friend of one of the brides, so Kate didn't realise she spoke to a "reporter".
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 07-31-2007, 09:48 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by caroline mathilda View Post
Way too far. It seems that these days if a reporter was to ask Kate what her favorite color was and she said green, they would start reporting that she is getting an emerald for an engagement ring! Love the tabloids!
Old 07-31-2007, 09:50 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjrn View Post
What about this one? (Sorry if it was posted previously; I didn't see it anywhere.) Seemed to fit in this thread rather than a concert thread because palace officials were upset about the Kate coverage.

News of the World: News
What did William think? That the media would ignore Kate being present? He and the wise media men of Clarence House should have been aware that there will be a focus on Kate if she turns up close to William. If he only wanted the focus on his late mother and himself and his brother she shouldn't have been there. This is due to her unknown status, is she or isn't she? I don't get the media strategy of Clarence House (if there is any) - if they have a relationship, they should confirm it. Why not? Because it is private? It's naive to believe the media will stop speculating or won't focus the attention on Kate when she obviously is still close to him.
Old 07-31-2007, 04:11 PM
Royal Highness

i think the whole people.uk story is a bit much...quite a stretch. poor catherine can't say a word without it being misconstrued.
Old 07-31-2007, 08:58 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
He and the wise media men of Clarence House should have been aware that there will be a focus on Kate if she turns up close to William. If he only wanted the focus on his late mother and himself and his brother she shouldn't have been there. This is due to her unknown status, is she or isn't she?
I think the reason Kate was at the concert was prior to the 'break-up' if they were ever really not bf/gf. To CH more accuatley Buckingham Palace at this point should be kept private since they are not engaged yet and so there for not an offical relationship. The press tries to make a big deal out William and Kate being back together even they supposedly broken-up Kate would have likely attended with her family and not William so lessen the number of pics taken of her since the concert was to be in Diana's memory and not PR for their relationship.
Old 08-01-2007, 08:37 AM

Well, I think it's good that CH is giving Fleet Street a little talking to, as it were, for their over-coverage of Middleton. I wish CH would take a stronger, active position more often. They are right, and the media should realize it. Whatever the media's excuse (oh, the public wants to know about Wills and Kate, whatever) the bottom line is that the concert was for Diana, and also that the relationship, whatever its form, of Wills and Kate is private until such time as they decide to make it a public matter. I know we are all curious about them (I am guilty too) but it is better, I think, to practice as much restraint as we can, and I hope the media will do it too, though I'm not holding my breath. I have heard that Middleton is so pursued by the media that she has acquired a publicist, apparently (though I'm not 100% sure) with the company her sister works for. I hope that her publicist and her lawyers (and the PCC) will do better now and always to intervene on her behalf. The last couple of months have been very bad. Her handlers need to be more aggressive. Fleet Street is stepping up their game, so Middleton's "people" need to match them.
Old 08-01-2007, 11:13 AM
Aristocracy

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/columni...9520-19551365/

Sue Carroll is in attack mode. Claiming Kate looks like she is auditioning for a L'Oreal ad when she is training on the boat. Mind if she didn't look decent, they would be attacking her for that too.
Old 08-01-2007, 11:48 AM
Serene Highness

These reporters disgust me. Should she hide under a rock for the next couple of years? Never leaving her apartment to avoid any photographers who are currently stalking her for any photo they can get? Should she wear wigs and sunglasses while the tabloids mock her ability to disguise herself and photograph her anyway? Or better, should she stop bathing and doing her makeup so she doesn't look like she is "on" every time a picture of her is snapped? Should she bark and snap at the papparazzi as they angle for a better shot instead of smiling? She hasn't written any tell all books, given any palace insider interviews or called a press conference to promote herself. She is continuing to live her life just like all the other young women in her set, going to places that she enjoys, keeping herself nicely groomed for the inevitable photo and bringing no shame on herself or her family, whether she is with William or not. She is a private citizen until the ring is on her finger and until that time it is not our business where she goes, what she does, how much vacation time she takes or how many hair care products she could represent and she is doing it with much more grace that most people would.
Old 08-01-2007, 06:40 PM
Royal Highness

very well said kimebear. i don't think that catherine is taking any more pains with her appearance than she ever did before. she is an attractive young woman that likes to dress well and look nice and i think she'd do it whether she was with william or not. the press will make a story out of the most minute detail and blow it out of proportion.
Old 08-02-2007, 10:19 AM
Heir Apparent

Personally I hope that these two are not back together. It would be a crying shame if our future queen were someone so bland who's only desire seems to be appearing in the limelight.

Moreover in light of her recent acts (doing a Britney/Paris) I doubt she would be welcomed into the family.
Old 08-02-2007, 11:08 AM
Courtier

The Queen concerned about them...

The Royalist - The Queen 'Fears For William & Kate'

Tags
kate middleton, prince william, relationships