The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Prince Harry and Prince William

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2007, 05:47 AM
Heir Presumptive

would not be surprised if Jigsaw is giving her a double salary for the publicity she is giving their shop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
It is typical for employers to offer 4-5 weeks of leave after the initial probation period, which is typically 6 months. I dont think that an entry level job as an accessories buyer at Jigsaw is very challenging, nor do I think it is very remunerative. I would be surprised if her remuneration was much above GBP 15,000 per annum.

Quite a lot has been said about her being seen coming out of nightclubs at 3am on a work night - again this is very normal if you are 25, in London and in the early stages of your career. Its the only time of your life you have the energy to keep going like that. I don´t think Kate is very different from a vast number of young people in this - the only difference seems to be that Kate appears not have been drinking very much compared to the average 20 something Brit!!

Wills or not, I think Kate can be seeing to be doing a bot more with her life - whether it is pursuing her own interests outside work / sport / charity work ...... I have no doubt her parents support her financially, and I suspect that extends well beyond providing her with accomodation in London. She would do well to demsonstrate that she can support herself, even if she were to marry Wills in time

Old 07-20-2007, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Wills or not, I think Kate can be seeing to be doing a bot more with her life - whether it is pursuing her own interests outside work / sport / charity work ...... I have no doubt her parents support her financially, and I suspect that extends well beyond providing her with accomodation in London. She would do well to demsonstrate that she can support herself, even if she were to marry Wills in time
Hey, she's living on her own in London. She even still takes the bus at times, maybe because the paparazzi recognize her car so well. But then again, they started catching on to what bus she rides because just last week or before, there were new pics of her waiting for a bus under the covered waiting point.
It's normal (very normal, in fact) for parents to help their kids even into the 20s, to give them help paying the rent, to cover other expenses (food, whatever). I imagine she might even get a "fun" allowance, or maybe her Jigsaw pay covers that, but any case, she's pretty normal. It's not just the super-wealthy who have lots of help when they are adjusting to the big city life. On the other hand, she seems pretty well adjusted now, but at least she does have a job. Maybe it's not a well-paying job enough to cover everything, but at least it is something. That she has employment is good by itself. She's doing fine, I think.

Old 07-20-2007, 11:18 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio View Post
On the other hand, she seems pretty well adjusted now, but at least she does have a job. Maybe it's not a well-paying job enough to cover everything, but at least it is something. That she has employment is good by itself. She's doing fine, I think.
I only wonder why we rarely hear that she has contacts with the world of art, like visiting a museum or taking a trip abroad to view the Louvre in Paris or the museums of the Vatican etc. I did when I earned my first own money and had to live from my paycheck alone. And I have no degree in the history or arts, am only interested...
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 07-20-2007, 03:07 PM
Aristocracy

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...n_page_id=1770

According to the Mail, Kate is doing the charity boat race. The article explains the missing pieces to me of what I couldn't find out earlier.
IMO that guy they quoted form the brotherhood in fairness does have a genuine concern.I think it is great Kate is doing it, it will be great publicity for the charity but the paparazzi don't ever seem to care if they endanger others in their quest for pictures.

To me, Kate seems to me like an average girl with wealthy parents. Alot of parents help their children financially especially when just get out of school. To me it doesn't surprise me Kate isn't visiting all the museums etc,
an art History major is a popular major for that social class. I am not saying she isn't interested in art although if you compare to Camilla's daughter Laura, it is seems they have different interests in the area of art.

I don't think Kate parties anymore then anyone else her age. The Independent made this point about William aand Harry which probably could apply to Kate . In the past year they really have only gone out to nightclubs in London 8-9 times. But the way the tabloids make it, it it seems like alot more.
Old 07-21-2007, 03:55 AM
Gentry

well today's the big day...hopefully we'll see them together.

we can't really expect kate to do more than she does. she's acting like most 20 something yeard old.i'm sure that if she ends up marrying wills she'll totally change her behaviour.
Old 07-21-2007, 09:12 PM
Aristocracy

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/stor...ws/news2.shtml

No pictures but almost good.

Now can get Kate get her own current events section back?
Old 07-21-2007, 09:32 PM
Nobility

There seem to be conflicting reports as to whether Kate Middleton actually attended the party. The Daily Mail says that there was no sign of Kate Middleton. The Telegraph and the News Of The World both say that Kate was invited, and that she was 'reportedly' there. I actually hope she did attend.
Old 07-22-2007, 02:09 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by cde View Post
News of the World

No pictures but almost good.

Now can get Kate get her own current events section back?
Not until we have firmer proof that they're back together than a couple of lines in the News of the World.
Old 07-22-2007, 05:05 AM
Administrator in Memoriam

I've deleted some posts asking if there is any news/pics of Kate & William.
It's a safe bet to guarantee that if they are seen together, we will soon hear about it.

thanks,
Warren
British Forum moderator
Old 07-22-2007, 06:50 AM
Royal Highness

well i'm amazed that they're aren't any photos of them attending that wedding! not one photo....a bit inconsiderate of them! hahaha. dodo...are you ok?
Old 07-22-2007, 08:19 AM
Gentry

i'm still hoping... nothing that could chlear the air appeared. indeed we didn't see them together , but we didn't see them alone either. i think none of them attended the wedding as i'm sure we would see lots of pics. what's weird is that there were no pics of them arriving at camilla's party...anyway still keeping my fingers crossed...
Old 07-22-2007, 08:46 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodo View Post
what's weird is that there were no pics of them arriving at camilla's party...anyway still keeping my fingers crossed...
There is more than one entrance to Highgrove!
Old 07-22-2007, 10:48 AM
Gentry

i assume the paparazzi know where each entrance is
Old 07-22-2007, 11:23 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
i assume the paparazzi know where each entrance is
Possibly they like to think they do, it also possible they are not too keen on trying to get through muddy yards, past dogs and loyal tenants.
Old 07-22-2007, 06:01 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
what's weird is that there were no pics of them arriving at camilla's party
Apparently, she did not attend it, as she was seen at her parents' home.

From Fotobank:
21/07/07
Kate Middleton snubs the royal invitation to Camilla's 60th birthday party, at Prince Charles' countryside residence Highgrove House. Kate had been invited by Prince William, with the blessing of Camilla and Charles, and it would have been the first time the couple had been at an event together officially since they reunited. But Kate decided instead to remain at her parents house in Berkshire, showing perhaps things are not quite back on track with Kate and Wills after all. When asked if she would be attending the celebration, she confirmed that she would not before driving away:
http://new2.isifa.com/photo/preview/14661900.jpg
http://new2.isifa.com/photo/preview/14661899.jpg
Old 07-22-2007, 06:50 PM
Gentry

i don't get these two...they gave logical hints of them being back together and now this...as weird as it may sound i'm still hoping...maybe we'll see kate at a polo match...maybe they're still trying to clear up things..who knows...
Old 07-22-2007, 06:58 PM
Commoner

^i didn't see any logical hints of these two getting back together. i saw a few very far-fetched hints that were escalated by one tabloid claim and a load of media spin. I don't think they're back together. I think they're exes who've managed to split amicably and i think the tabloids are so desperate for a royal wedding that they blew everything completely out of proportion...but that's just me.
Old 07-22-2007, 07:12 PM
Royal Highness

i'm still hoping too.
Old 07-22-2007, 08:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

They could just be playing it low key
Old 07-22-2007, 09:06 PM
Nobility

I think they are playing it very low key. Two new articles have come out, and they both say that Kate Middleton did indeed attend Camilla's 60th birthday celebration:

"Kate Middleton. Wearing a stunning full-length cream dress, the 25-year-old fashion buyer's presence at the party was the strongest signal yet that she has rekindled her four-year relationship with Prince William."

Camilla dazzles at her 60th - with the Queen's diamonds | News | This is London

Camilla dazzles at her 60th - with the Queen's diamonds | the Daily Mail

Closed Thread

Tags
kate middleton, prince william, relationships