The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Prince Harry and Prince William

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-18-2007, 04:38 PM
Courtier

Kate went to Gatwick Airport Last saturday here the pics... see her bag it said " I am not the Plastic Bag'

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...et009_3986.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...et009_3988.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...et009_3989.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...et009_3990.jpg

Old 07-18-2007, 08:15 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by karla64 View Post
You Shall go to Camilla's birthday ball, William tells Kate..... I can't believe the story....

You SHALL go to Camilla's birthday ball, Wills tells Kate | the Daily Mail

wow...200 invitees and it's low key!

Old 07-18-2007, 08:16 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
is it just me or does she seem to get a lot of vacation time for someone who hasn't even been at her job for a year?
Old 07-18-2007, 08:44 PM
Aristocracy

Actually Charles wanted 200, Camilla wanted a 100, they compromised at 150 and supposely 115 will attend Camilla's party.

But Duchess, I like Kate and even I admit she does seem to go on a lot of holidays.But how much vacation time do you get in England? I know it is more then America. Although I wish i had her schedule.
Old 07-19-2007, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess View Post
is it just me or does she seem to get a lot of vacation time for someone who hasn't even been at her job for a year?
Haha, yep, I've wondered too, but I'm more interested in where she traveling to from good ol' Sussex? Maybe she is catching a ride up to Aberdeen airport?
Unlikely, too good to be true.... ;(
Old 07-19-2007, 02:38 AM
Royal Highness

I wish the photogs would leave the poor girl alone! If she is to be William's wife, then she'll be photographed for the rest of her life! Give her a break now! Of course the power ultimately rests with us, the consumers. We have the financial power to say "We're not going to buy your publication if you're going to pay for & print pictures from photographers who are stalking her!".
Old 07-19-2007, 05:31 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by cde View Post
Actually Charles wanted 200, Camilla wanted a 100, they compromised at 150 and supposely 115 will attend Camilla's party.

But Duchess, I like Kate and even I admit she does seem to go on a lot of holidays.But how much vacation time do you get in England? I know it is more then America. Although I wish i had her schedule.
-------------------

Most UK employers offer 4-5 weeks of holiday a year. Further, unlike the US, in Europe it is considered perfectly acceptable to take up all your leave. Has Kate been on many holidays this year??
Old 07-19-2007, 05:45 AM
Royal Highness

4-5 wks vacation and universal healthcare?! What are we doing wrong over here?!

(That's a rhetorical question.)
Old 07-19-2007, 06:32 AM
Heir Presumptive

by anya hindmarch, very fashionable and expensive

Welcome to Anya Hindmarch

Quote:
Old 07-19-2007, 06:50 AM
Gentry

isn't kate's cousin's wedding this saturday? which one will they attend?
Old 07-19-2007, 11:02 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodo View Post
isn't kate's cousin's wedding this saturday? which one will they attend?
Yes it is... I am sure that Kate will attend the wedding But I am not sure about William will be there with Kate attend the wedding... Who knows!
Old 07-19-2007, 11:17 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by susan alicia View Post
by anya hindmarch, very fashionable and expensive

Welcome to Anya Hindmarch

People queued for hours to get one of those bags as they were sold out from day one. Guess Kate got hers for free and delivered by royal mail
Old 07-19-2007, 11:26 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
That's what I have always found most disturbing about Kate: Not being able to start an independent career but doing only some pseudo job arranged by family / friends, hanging around or doing whatever after her studies and still she doesn't seem to be in a serious job, otherwise she wouldn't be in the papers every week partying until 3am in the morning in some club.

What is she doing with her life or waiting for? Even more strange considering her background with hardworking parents. Even if she'll get the "golden ticket" - not sure if it will be one in reality - what kind of role model would she be as future Queen? She should do something more useful with her time than going to parties or polo matches. And, with that much spare time she obviously has, she should get an appointment at the hairdresser and get a decent cut, please!
Old 07-19-2007, 02:45 PM
Gentry

we may never know for sure what's going on behind doors. i remember diana wasn't aloud to keep her job as a kindergarden teacher because of the paparazzi, you may we may never know for sure how close kate was/is to the royals...and in their perspective no future royal has to work. she was seldomly attending her job when she was with wills, but after the break-up she didn't miss that much...
Old 07-19-2007, 02:48 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Yes it is... I am sure that Kate will attend the wedding But I am not sure about William will be there with Kate attend the wedding... Who knows!
they might attend the wedding ceremony but skip the reception and go to camilla's party ...still desperatly hoping...
Old 07-19-2007, 07:43 PM
Royal Highness

do UK employers typically give 4 to 5 weeks right from the start? i was under the impression that you started with 3. at any rate if she can get all that vacation time then i say more power to her. we're all just jealous!
Old 07-19-2007, 10:27 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
That's what I have always found most disturbing about Kate: Not being able to start an independent career but doing only some pseudo job arranged by family / friends, hanging around or doing whatever after her studies and still she doesn't seem to be in a serious job, otherwise she wouldn't be in the papers every week partying until 3am in the morning in some club.

What is she doing with her life or waiting for? Even more strange considering her background with hardworking parents. Even if she'll get the "golden ticket" - not sure if it will be one in reality - what kind of role model would she be as future Queen? She should do something more useful with her time than going to parties or polo matches. And, with that much spare time she obviously has, she should get an appointment at the hairdresser and get a decent cut, please!
My opinion of Kate is that unless William marries her, I have no opinion of her. She doesn't owe me or the rest of the world anything yet and I cant' say that I wouldn't do the same thing in her shoes. (I would love to have somebody else pay all my bills)

However if she and William get back together and if they get married (two big ifs) that would change how I view her but I still can't see myself judging how well she does as a princess by the job (or lack of it) she had before she was a princess.

I'd judge her on what she does after she is a princess.

But I admit freely that the reason I'm not attaching myself too closely or disapproving too heartily of Kate is that I have no idea what Wills thinks of her at the moment and if he's not clear about his intentions towards her, its not worth my time passing a judgement on her.

I have a feeling that Wills can be taking us through several renditions of different Kates in his life. Until he appears he's ready to settle down, I'm just taking a backseat row at this movie.
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 07-19-2007, 10:36 PM

It's true that the Jigsaw job is just the most blah kind of job (and for someone who did her dissertation on Lewis Carroll's Alice in Wonderland as it relates to art history) but I think she is truly enjoying her Jigsaw job, and it obviously gives her lots of freedom and almost no serious pressure. At the same time, when you have a fashion job like that, it helps to go out to social events. Indeed, going out to parties is part of the job (in a way) because it helps you keep in the "know" about trends and stuff. So her lifestyle matches her job and her exclusive society perfectly.
Old 07-19-2007, 11:17 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
do UK employers typically give 4 to 5 weeks right from the start? i was under the impression that you started with 3. at any rate if she can get all that vacation time then i say more power to her. we're all just jealous!
Some do, even for part-time workers. I think it might depend on the company, though.
Old 07-20-2007, 05:14 AM
Majesty

It is typical for employers to offer 4-5 weeks of leave after the initial probation period, which is typically 6 months. I dont think that an entry level job as an accessories buyer at Jigsaw is very challenging, nor do I think it is very remunerative. I would be surprised if her remuneration was much above GBP 15,000 per annum.

Quite a lot has been said about her being seen coming out of nightclubs at 3am on a work night - again this is very normal if you are 25, in London and in the early stages of your career. Its the only time of your life you have the energy to keep going like that. I don´t think Kate is very different from a vast number of young people in this - the only difference seems to be that Kate appears not have been drinking very much compared to the average 20 something Brit!!

Wills or not, I think Kate can be seeing to be doing a bot more with her life - whether it is pursuing her own interests outside work / sport / charity work ...... I have no doubt her parents support her financially, and I suspect that extends well beyond providing her with accomodation in London. She would do well to demsonstrate that she can support herself, even if she were to marry Wills in time

Closed Thread

Tags
kate middleton, prince william, relationships