CNN Reports that Will and Kate are back together: June 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

I don't know if the Queen really said that Kate attracts attention by wearing short skirts and boots, but why shouldn't she? She's not a member of the royal family and she is very young. I think that what she wears is age appropriate, also, I don't think anybody is really interested in Autumn Kelly as she is not marrying the future King of England.

I don't know if the Queen really said that Kate attracts attention by wearing short skirts and boots, but why shouldn't she? She's not a member of the royal family and she is very young. I think that what she wears is age appropriate, also, I don't think anybody is really interested in Autumn Kelly as she is not marrying the future King of England.

She's only started wearing the more age-appropriate stuff after breaking up with William. If you noticed, in March and early April she was beginning to wear tweed outfits that would also look great on Princess Anne (no offense to the princess about the clothing comment, but she is nearing 60, Kate's only 25. A 25-year-old shouldn't have to wear tweed). I think that things were getting very serious, and she thought that she had to wear that kind of stuff to fit in better. Going with my theory that they never really "broke-up", I think that they took a short break so Kate could feel a litte more free in what she had to wear. She seems much better since their break, less tense, happier.

And I agree about Autumn Kelly, too. If Autumn were going to marry the future King of England, she would get just as much press as Kate does. But she's not; she's marrying the 10th in line to the throne who doesn't get a whole ton of press himself.

Edit: I'm agreeing with everything you said. I didn't say it before, but I am.

Personally I hope that these two are not back together. It would be a crying shame if our future queen were someone so bland who's only desire seems to be appearing in the limelight.

Moreover in light of her recent acts (doing a Britney/Paris) I doubt she would be welcomed into the family.

I must have missed the press coverage of her quickie Vegas wedding, tatoos, jail time, shaven head, drunk driving, papparazzi fighting, child protective service visits, sex tapes, bare crotch flashing, etc, etc.

If her guilt lies in the endless social functions she attends and the endless vacations she takes, then every girl in Tatler and on the social register should be excluded from being the next queen. If her guilt lies in her nights out wearing a short skirt, then poor Zara is in immediate danger of being tossed out on her bum as well.

This is exactly how I feel. Besides, from what I understand of Her Majesty, one of her few faults :D is being tolerant almost to a fault, that is making any excuse available to allow whatever is happening. Simply put, if any of Kate's behavior is remotely appropriate for whatever reason, HM is more likely than not to be the first person to acknowledge it. Look at long HM made excuses for Diana, who acknowledged as much, saying, "She just needs time to adjust," or "it's the pregnancy" or something like that. When Zara got her tongue pierced, the Queen thought it was hilarious and laughed it off. Now probably, she sees a front page devoted to Kate and says with a roll of her eyes, "Oh those young bloods!" and then HM gets on with her day! Either way, the woman has better things to think about than measuring the length of Kate Middleton's skirts or telling her she shouldn't wear boots! :lol:

And of course the reason Kate can't be "invisible" like Autumn Kelly is that there are no paparazzi making money off of Autumn Kelly! If one of them took pics of Autumn leaving her house, who would buy it??!!

Last edited:
Personally I hope that these two are not back together. It would be a crying shame if our future queen were someone so bland who's only desire seems to be appearing in the limelight.

Moreover in light of her recent acts (doing a Britney/Paris) I doubt she would be welcomed into the family.

not sure when catherine became so interested in appearing in the limelight or what britney/paris thing she did. can you tell me about it? i admit that i'm not the most knowledgeable on current events when it comes to the royals or their significant others but i can't remember reading anywhere that catherine:
a) went out for an evening without wearing any knickers
b) had a meltdown at a fashion shoot and destroyed/walked out with expensive designer clothes
c) drove illegally
d) shaved her head
e) divorced
f) made a sex tape that was released on the worldwide web
g) lost her dog and plastered the city with posters of it offering a reward
h) has starred in a pointless reality series where she makes a complete fool of herself.
i) acted like she was sentenced to death row rather than a short jail term.

if i've missed anything here let me know but the only things i've heard of catherine is that her peers seem to like her, she appears to be discreet, well mannered and comes from a stable, loving and supportive family. :ermm:

I must have missed the press coverage of her quickie Vegas wedding, tatoos, jail time, shaven head, drunk driving, papparazzi fighting, child protective service visits, sex tapes, bare crotch flashing, etc, etc.
I was speaking of the photos splashed all over the net of Kate getting in/out of a taxi with no underwear on.

Hardly my idea of Queen material.......

not sure when catherine became so interested in appearing in the limelight or what britney/paris thing she did. can you tell me about it? i admit that i'm not the most knowledgeable on current events when it comes to the royals or their significant others but i can't remember reading anywhere that catherine:
a) went out for an evening without wearing any knickers
b) had a meltdown at a fashion shoot and destroyed/walked out with expensive designer clothes
c) drove illegally
d) shaved her head
e) divorced
f) made a sex tape that was released on the worldwide web
g) lost her dog and plastered the city with posters of it offering a reward
h) has starred in a pointless reality series where she makes a complete fool of herself.
i) acted like she was sentenced to death row rather than a short jail term.

if i've missed anything here let me know but the only things i've heard of catherine is that her peers seem to like her, she appears to be discreet, well mannered and comes from a stable, loving and supportive family. :ermm:
You have missed something then, she has been photographed without underwear getting out of a taxi.

Moreover I hardly think it discreet to participate in an exclusive photoshoot for Hello!

I was speaking of the photos splashed all over the net of Kate getting in/out of a taxi with no underwear on.

I definitely missed this article. What paper was it in and when did it happen? I'm suprised that with all the royalty related web sites that I read every day something this big got missed. Also what is wrong with posing with her fellow boat crew in Hello? Wouldn't any attention be good attention for the charity that will benefit from the challenge? What can this girl do right in your eyes? She's not involved in anything, she's bland, she is involved, she's indiscreet. I don't see anything about William either finishing things for good or putting a ring on her finger. He is leaving her twisting in the media wind, with the uncertainty of their relationship even more grist for the mill than ever. Hardly my idea of kingly material.

Last edited:

I don't think she has Queen material either. She should get a job and move out of the spotlight if she has plans to marry William, the sooner the better. These HELLO stories don't help, and basically it's her who allows all attention to turn on her. No one urges her to do anything.

I don't buy this story of poor Kate being harrassed by the paparazzi all the time. It's not so one sided as she or Clarence House always want to make people believe. If she goes clubbing 5 nights per week of course she is followed by the media. If she doesn't want the attention or media coverage 24/7 she has to lead her life accordingly. That's just the way it is and it works, as we can see from other VIPs living in London.

And if William wanted to protect her, he could easily do so, by committing to whatever relation they have. It would prevent people from speculating all the time and give Kate more security. At the moment, she is just an on / off girlfried? Sounds very much like stick to her until a better option comes around.

You have missed something then, she has been photographed without underwear getting out of a taxi.

Moreover I hardly think it discreet to participate in an exclusive photoshoot for Hello!

I saw those photographs, and she was wearing underwear. What was shameful was that the photographers would stoop so low as to take photos of a woman in such a manner. She never once requested such a thing, and it had never been done to her before.

What's good about the situation (if anything connected to such an event could be called good) is that the photos were paparrazzi photos only, and none of the tabloids bought and printed them.

Consequently the photos were available for viewing on paparrazzi photo websites only, and they weren't available to be seen in all countries. I've noticed that a lot of them were removed from the photo websites as well. I'm glad about that at least.

I think the reason those photos weren't picked up by the tabs and reported about is because the photos were obtained in a very underhanded way, and Kate certainly would have had a huge case for a law suit. Since they weren't published in a tabloid or a newspaper, most of the general public didn't see the photos, indeed they weren't even aware of them, which is as it should be; considering the subject matter. No woman should ever have to be subjected to such a level of disrespect.

It just shows the depths of depravity that those paparrazzos will sink to.

The Hello photoshoot also featured the entire Sisterhood rowing team that Kate Middleton has joined, and it will garner publicity for their charities I imagine. It was mentioned in an article that Kate Middleton did not give an to Hello interview herself, she was only photographed. The other members of the boat crew gave the interviews.

Last edited:
It is possible that Kate is moving on to a life without William.

However, whether Kate is seing William or not, I don't see anything indiscreet in the Hello magazine photos. Two pictures of Kate and a group of girls taking a boat out in the water aren't really scandalous by themselves. I don't think the Queen would disapprove if a future daughter-in-law participated in a charity like this but I think we have to assume at this point from the breakup that Kate is not a future daughter-in-law.

Charity groups stage events like this to get their pictures in the paper so its not surprising when they succeed. I agree having Kate there probably helped them get more coverage but I see no harm in the pictures or in Kate attending the event.

I didn't see the pictures of Kate without underwear but I've heard that photographers will sometimes lie on the ground to get a picture of someone's private parts.

Last edited:
Duke of Marmalade said:
And if William wanted to protect her, he could easily do so, by committing to whatever relation they have. It would prevent people from speculating all the time and give Kate more security. At the moment, she is just an on / off girlfried? Sounds very much like stick to her until a better option comes around.

I think Prince William should do exactly what he wants to do about this relationship: commit or not commit or let it drift. Ie , if he wants to continue dating Kate until he meets the "right one," then he should do so. As long as he is up front with Kate, and she accepts these parameters, then so be it.

Too many people formalize relationships just to assuage other people's expectations. This may not be the most gallant or romantic course of behavior but it could potentially prevent a bad outcome like his parents had.

I also don't think it is useful to compare this relationship to Charles and Camilla's in the early 70s; a different time with different people.

If William were my son, I would counsel him to go slow and deliberate and listen to his heart and accept no other pressures including ultimatums from Kate.

Caroline Mathilda

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Prince William should do exactly what he wants to do about this relationship: commit or not commit or let it drift. Ie , if he wants to continue dating Kate until he meets the "right one," then he should do so. As long as he is up front with Kate, and she accepts these parameters, then so be it.

Too many people formalize relationships just to assuage other people's expectations. This may not be the most gallant or romantic course of behavior but it could potentially prevent a bad outcome like his parents had.

I also don't think it is useful to compare this relationship to Charles and Camilla's in the early 70s; a different time with different people.

If William were my son, I would counsel him to go slow and deliberate and listen to his heart and accept no other pressures including ultimatums from Kate.

Caroline Mathilda

I just wanted to say, whatever tehy do from now on Kate is always going to be in the center of attention....so I don't see how William could have protected her...He couldn't do anything when she was his grilfriend more than appealling to the common sense and ask to be left in piece to live whatever they had or have still going on....

I saw those photos too and unless you had been there and take a "closer" look there is no way you can tell. I think you are really confusing Kate with Britney :rolleyes:

if the photos you're referring to are the ones taken several months ago that are shot at such an angle so as the photographer would "hopefully" get an embarrassing shot of her, then i think you're mistaken. she did nothing inappropriate and as mentioned earlier, there's no way you could tell. the only one that acted inappropriately was the photographer. he can only be called a pig if his intention was to get a shot up her dress. as for the hello magazine shoot it was hardly an exclusive catherine story. it was about the team and the charity. nothing inappropriate about that either. :flowers:

Perhaps if the pictures of Kate with or without underwear are several months old, they are not relevant in a thread about reports of the two getting back together.

ysbel
British forum moderator

Last edited:
That article is garbage. And it is also fodder for the Kate haters, nothing more.
I don't know if the article is true or not but I don't think William wants to marry Kate evidenced by his own actions even though it seems like the public and the tabloid press has already chosen for him who he should marry. He should have a right to choose who he will spend the rest of his life with.

I think William and Kate are together. Either way he should end the speculation. Either stop making plans with her or announce that they are back together. The media seemed much less interested in her every day life when her status was clear. It's the 'are they or aren't they' bite of fruit the media keeps feeding the public. Whether or not they marry remains to be seen. If that is the case, they would keep a low profile so as not to cast a shadow over Peter Phillips wedding. Perhaps they are waiting for Peter to have his moment in the sun before making any final decisions on whether or not they are right for each other for life and not the casual fling.

I don't know if the article is true or not but I don't think William wants to marry Kate evidenced by his own actions even though it seems like the public and the tabloid press has already chosen for him who he should marry. He should have a right to choose who he will spend the rest of his life with.
And it looks like he has done just that. Best wishes to William and Kate working things out and remaining happily together. For good.

I think William and Kate are together. Either way he should end the speculation. Either stop making plans with her or announce that they are back together.

i don't think they need to officially announce anything unless it directly affects his role as future monarch. there is no law stating that he has to announce his romantic relationship with the public. the only reason people want him is purely to satisfy their own curiosity. :flowers:

Hopes dashed?

This thread was opened in June in response to the flurry of media speculation that Kate & Wills were back together.
As there has been nothing of substance since that date to confirm the speculation, the thread is now closed.

For those who wish to post about Ms Middleton, please refer to the Royal's ex-partners thread in the Royal Chit Chat subforum.

thanks,
Avalon, Elspeth, Warren & ysbel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom