CNN Reports that Will and Kate are back together: June 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
at which point exactly will there be sufficient evidence to re open the Kate middleton thread ???!! to me it is evident they are back together (and probably never left each other in the first place but were just tricking the paps)

this may sound dumb but i'm going to go for it...

IF she did attend, is it socially appropriate (for lack of a better term) for her to wear a dress that's the same colour as camilla's?

the reason i ask is because if it wasn't appropriate then it sounds like the news article was just made up.

:) I thought about that same thing Duchess! But then I thought that since it wasn't a wedding, does etiquette require that a person not wear the same colour as the guest of honour for a regular party? For instance, if Camilla had worn blue and a few other ladies had worn blue also, would that have been considered a breach of etiquette? I honestly don't know.

Last edited:
The same article reported Kate's dress as being cream while Camilla's dress was white. A subtle difference maybe? I don't know. It was a summer party and white is fairly common. But considering the closeness of the relationship, if Kate did attend, it would have been considerate to ask Camilla what she was wearing in an effort to not outshine the guest of honor.

My goodness, she's very pretty isn't she? She certainly looks athletic in those photos.

I am glad that they are getting back together they are such a cute couple.:flowers:

she's so beautiful on the last pictures:wub:

hope they're definitaly back together!! they're such a cute couple:flowers::wub:

I agree. And I think she is much prettier in person than in photographs. She seems such a lovely girl.:)

thanks for this article about kate!!!

cde said:
IMO the Mail is really making way too much of the girl's background in the "Sisterhood".

According to the Telegraph article by Caroline Davies, Middleton joined on the suggestion of teammate, fellow "Sister" Alicia Fox-Pitt, whom she knew from Marlborough College. Maybe this Alicia Fox-Pitt is related to William Fox-Pitt?? He is on the British Eventing team with Zara Phillips!

Last edited:
Do you know which girl is Alicia, because in the pics, the blonde girl has the same kind of features of Kate's buddy at the Wimbledon tennis on 3rd or 4th July, looks exactly the same nose and mouth. I just wonder if this woman is Alicia. They seem to be close friends. :flowers:
Here, the blonde one standing compared to Kate's companion at Wimbledon, in first week of July. The pics are from Hello! and Reuters respectively.'

Edit: I see now the blonde girl is Emma Sayle, not Alicia, and thanks for answering my question about Alicia.
If you want to see some really awesome HQ pics of Kate's training day, go to Justjared.com. There are lots of pics there, from the training day, and of course tons of pics of her clubbing, shopping, etc. ;)

Last edited:
kate looks better without makeup!

One of the British newspapers noted that she had on "full face" makeup for the rowing practice. I think she was certainly less made up than she is when she goes out clubbing.

What about this one? (Sorry if it was posted previously; I didn't see it anywhere.) Seemed to fit in this thread rather than a concert thread because palace officials were upset about the Kate coverage.

There was an unnatural amount of focus on William and Harry and their friends. The BBC shouldn't have focused on Kate Middleton at all. The couple aren't engaged and she has no official status. The coverage was disgraceful.

News of the World: News

Don't you think this is much ado about nothing? I don't think she deliberately tried to get things stirred up; she just answered the question. This girl has gone far too far to start talking to the press and dropping hints like this.

It's a question of pronounciation sometimes. How she said: "Not yet". She probably didn't mean it as "Not yet my party, but mine will come" but as "The time to talk about a party for me has not yet come, I'm not going to get married anytime soon". Two meanings who can be attached to the "not yet" - if she even said that. And maybe that "reporter" was a girl posing as a friend of one of the brides, so Kate didn't realise she spoke to a "reporter".

Don't you think this is much ado about nothing? I don't think she deliberately tried to get things stirred up; she just answered the question. This girl has gone far too far to start talking to the press and dropping hints like this.

Way too far. It seems that these days if a reporter was to ask Kate what her favorite color was and she said green, they would start reporting that she is getting an emerald for an engagement ring!:ROFLMAO: Love the tabloids!

What about this one? (Sorry if it was posted previously; I didn't see it anywhere.) Seemed to fit in this thread rather than a concert thread because palace officials were upset about the Kate coverage.

News of the World: News

What did William think? That the media would ignore Kate being present? He and the wise media men of Clarence House should have been aware that there will be a focus on Kate if she turns up close to William. If he only wanted the focus on his late mother and himself and his brother she shouldn't have been there. This is due to her unknown status, is she or isn't she? I don't get the media strategy of Clarence House (if there is any) - if they have a relationship, they should confirm it. Why not? Because it is private? It's naive to believe the media will stop speculating or won't focus the attention on Kate when she obviously is still close to him.

i think the whole people.uk story is a bit much...quite a stretch. poor catherine can't say a word without it being misconstrued.

He and the wise media men of Clarence House should have been aware that there will be a focus on Kate if she turns up close to William. If he only wanted the focus on his late mother and himself and his brother she shouldn't have been there. This is due to her unknown status, is she or isn't she?
I think the reason Kate was at the concert was prior to the 'break-up' if they were ever really not bf/gf. To CH more accuatley Buckingham Palace at this point should be kept private since they are not engaged yet and so there for not an offical relationship. The press tries to make a big deal out William and Kate being back together even they supposedly broken-up Kate would have likely attended with her family and not William so lessen the number of pics taken of her since the concert was to be in Diana's memory and not PR for their relationship.

Well, I think it's good that CH is giving Fleet Street a little talking to, as it were, for their over-coverage of Middleton. I wish CH would take a stronger, active position more often. They are right, and the media should realize it. Whatever the media's excuse (oh, the public wants to know about Wills and Kate, whatever) the bottom line is that the concert was for Diana, and also that the relationship, whatever its form, of Wills and Kate is private until such time as they decide to make it a public matter. I know we are all curious about them (I am guilty too) but it is better, I think, to practice as much restraint as we can, and I hope the media will do it too, though I'm not holding my breath. I have heard that Middleton is so pursued by the media that she has acquired a publicist, apparently (though I'm not 100% sure) with the company her sister works for. I hope that her publicist and her lawyers (and the PCC) will do better now and always to intervene on her behalf. The last couple of months have been very bad. Her handlers need to be more aggressive. Fleet Street is stepping up their game, so Middleton's "people" need to match them.

These reporters disgust me. Should she hide under a rock for the next couple of years? Never leaving her apartment to avoid any photographers who are currently stalking her for any photo they can get? Should she wear wigs and sunglasses while the tabloids mock her ability to disguise herself and photograph her anyway? Or better, should she stop bathing and doing her makeup so she doesn't look like she is "on" every time a picture of her is snapped? Should she bark and snap at the papparazzi as they angle for a better shot instead of smiling? She hasn't written any tell all books, given any palace insider interviews or called a press conference to promote herself. She is continuing to live her life just like all the other young women in her set, going to places that she enjoys, keeping herself nicely groomed for the inevitable photo and bringing no shame on herself or her family, whether she is with William or not. She is a private citizen until the ring is on her finger and until that time it is not our business where she goes, what she does, how much vacation time she takes or how many hair care products she could represent and she is doing it with much more grace that most people would.

very well said kimebear. i don't think that catherine is taking any more pains with her appearance than she ever did before. she is an attractive young woman that likes to dress well and look nice and i think she'd do it whether she was with william or not. the press will make a story out of the most minute detail and blow it out of proportion.

Personally I hope that these two are not back together. It would be a crying shame if our future queen were someone so bland who's only desire seems to be appearing in the limelight.

Moreover in light of her recent acts (doing a Britney/Paris) I doubt she would be welcomed into the family.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom