CNN Reports that Will and Kate are back together: June 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's strange that William and Kate never seem to go anywhere alone. I adore William and think he'll make an excellent King down the road, but I can't help but feel that there's something....strange about his relationship with Kate.

Mags and royal watchers have always gone on about how William is the smarter and more sensitive Prince, but he looks like an absolute cad compared to Harry in the romantic department. I know members of the public school set tend to travel in packs, but I'm getting a little bit sick of the way you hardly ever see a picture of William and Kate on their own. Instead, it's always William, Kate, Guy Pelly (always, always Guy Pelly), Tom so-and-so, Fred what's-his-face, and about ten other dudes, all sitting around a big table with weird smiles on their faces. Hmmmph.

i think it's pretty obvious thst wills is more like the RF..not showing feeling in public though i have to admitt it annoys me too that he is never alone with Kate:neutral:

As for the rest of us who are desperatly hoping they're back together here's another event to look forward to Send a gift to brittle bones society for my 60th, says Camilla | the Daily Mail though i doubt the girls would atted the party or the news even beong true

It's strange that William and Kate never seem to go anywhere alone. I adore William and think he'll make an excellent King down the road, but I can't help but feel that there's something....strange about his relationship with Kate.

Mags and royal watchers have always gone on about how William is the smarter and more sensitive Prince, but he looks like an absolute cad compared to Harry in the romantic department. I know members of the public school set tend to travel in packs, but I'm getting a little bit sick of the way you hardly ever see a picture of William and Kate on their own. Instead, it's always William, Kate, Guy Pelly (always, always Guy Pelly), Tom so-and-so, Fred what's-his-face, and about ten other dudes, all sitting around a big table with weird smiles on their faces. Hmmmph.

I like this post a lot. It expresses feelings I've had off and on about Wills for a long time. I completely understand where you are coming from. But like Dodo implied, I think it's just the simple truth that William can never be like Harry as a boyfriend, not in front of cameras anyway. Harry takes the attitude, "Hey, they're going to take pictures, so I am going to enjoy my time with Chelsy." William is more like, "They're going to take pictures? Well, not of me! I'm going to hide, with Kate, and I'll come out of hiding when I'm ready!" :D Harry plays the game, but William makes his own terms in the game, if that makes any sense. :rolleyes:

I don't think it is that strange that we never see pictures of Wiliam and Kate alone together. I think when William and Kate do things alone together, it is actually alone together. Not alone together with how many paparazzi following.

Just because William prefers to hang out in groups with his girlfriend doesn't mean he's a cad. I suspect the type of people he really values and cherishes are friends or buddies and not necessarily a super high-maintenance fairytale princess type of girl. So his girlfriends would be more the buddy type of girlfriend rather than the super romantic beauty queen type of girl that has to have lots of alone time with her man. Not every girl is into the romantic kind of world where only she and her beloved exist. Both his girlfriends before, Jessica Craig and Kate Middleton seem to fall into the category of stalwart friend so it looked like William's lifestyle fit either of them.

Now if he could decide who he wants. :rolleyes:

we may never see pictures of william and catherine alone together which i think is nice. it's a shame that we feel we need to see pictures of celebrities doing absolutely everything. what would be interesting or newsworthy of a photo of two of them walking down the street?

Duchess and Ysbel, I couldn't agree with you both more. Do you know how good it is to read sensible posts here at this place??:flowers:

:TRFrules:

is it just me or does she seem to get a lot of vacation time for someone who hasn't even been at her job for a year?:ermm:

Actually Charles wanted 200, Camilla wanted a 100, they compromised at 150 and supposely 115 will attend Camilla's party.

But Duchess, I like Kate and even I admit she does seem to go on a lot of holidays.But how much vacation time do you get in England? I know it is more then America. Although I wish i had her schedule.:D

is it just me or does she seem to get a lot of vacation time for someone who hasn't even been at her job for a year?:ermm:

Haha, yep, I've wondered too, but I'm more interested in where she traveling to from good ol' Sussex? Maybe she is catching a ride up to Aberdeen airport? :D
Unlikely, too good to be true.... ;(

Last edited:
I wish the photogs would leave the poor girl alone! If she is to be William's wife, then she'll be photographed for the rest of her life! Give her a break now! Of course the power ultimately rests with us, the consumers. We have the financial power to say "We're not going to buy your publication if you're going to pay for & print pictures from photographers who are stalking her!".

Actually Charles wanted 200, Camilla wanted a 100, they compromised at 150 and supposely 115 will attend Camilla's party.

But Duchess, I like Kate and even I admit she does seem to go on a lot of holidays.But how much vacation time do you get in England? I know it is more then America. Although I wish i had her schedule.:D

-------------------

Most UK employers offer 4-5 weeks of holiday a year. Further, unlike the US, in Europe it is considered perfectly acceptable to take up all your leave. Has Kate been on many holidays this year??

4-5 wks vacation and universal healthcare?! What are we doing wrong over here?!

(That's a rhetorical question.)

isn't kate's cousin's wedding this saturday? which one will they attend?

isn't kate's cousin's wedding this saturday? which one will they attend?

Yes it is... I am sure that Kate will attend the wedding But I am not sure about William will be there with Kate attend the wedding... Who knows!

That's what I have always found most disturbing about Kate: Not being able to start an independent career but doing only some pseudo job arranged by family / friends, hanging around or doing whatever after her studies and still she doesn't seem to be in a serious job, otherwise she wouldn't be in the papers every week partying until 3am in the morning in some club.

What is she doing with her life or waiting for? Even more strange considering her background with hardworking parents. Even if she'll get the "golden ticket" - not sure if it will be one in reality - what kind of role model would she be as future Queen? She should do something more useful with her time than going to parties or polo matches. And, with that much spare time she obviously has, she should get an appointment at the hairdresser and get a decent cut, please! :huh:

we may never know for sure what's going on behind doors. i remember diana wasn't aloud to keep her job as a kindergarden teacher because of the paparazzi, you may we may never know for sure how close kate was/is to the royals...and in their perspective no future royal has to work. she was seldomly attending her job when she was with wills, but after the break-up she didn't miss that much...

Yes it is... I am sure that Kate will attend the wedding But I am not sure about William will be there with Kate attend the wedding... Who knows!

they might attend the wedding ceremony but skip the reception and go to camilla's party :):):wub:...still desperatly hoping...:)

do UK employers typically give 4 to 5 weeks right from the start? i was under the impression that you started with 3. at any rate if she can get all that vacation time then i say more power to her. we're all just jealous!

That's what I have always found most disturbing about Kate: Not being able to start an independent career but doing only some pseudo job arranged by family / friends, hanging around or doing whatever after her studies and still she doesn't seem to be in a serious job, otherwise she wouldn't be in the papers every week partying until 3am in the morning in some club.

What is she doing with her life or waiting for? Even more strange considering her background with hardworking parents. Even if she'll get the "golden ticket" - not sure if it will be one in reality - what kind of role model would she be as future Queen? She should do something more useful with her time than going to parties or polo matches. And, with that much spare time she obviously has, she should get an appointment at the hairdresser and get a decent cut, please! :huh:

My opinion of Kate is that unless William marries her, I have no opinion of her. She doesn't owe me or the rest of the world anything yet and I cant' say that I wouldn't do the same thing in her shoes. (I would love to have somebody else pay all my bills)

However if she and William get back together and if they get married (two big ifs) that would change how I view her but I still can't see myself judging how well she does as a princess by the job (or lack of it) she had before she was a princess.

I'd judge her on what she does after she is a princess.

But I admit freely that the reason I'm not attaching myself too closely or disapproving too heartily of Kate is that I have no idea what Wills thinks of her at the moment and if he's not clear about his intentions towards her, its not worth my time passing a judgement on her.

I have a feeling that Wills can be taking us through several renditions of different Kates in his life. Until he appears he's ready to settle down, I'm just taking a backseat row at this movie.

It's true that the Jigsaw job is just the most blah kind of job (and for someone who did her dissertation on Lewis Carroll's Alice in Wonderland as it relates to art history) but I think she is truly enjoying her Jigsaw job, and it obviously gives her lots of freedom and almost no serious pressure. At the same time, when you have a fashion job like that, it helps to go out to social events. Indeed, going out to parties is part of the job (in a way) because it helps you keep in the "know" about trends and stuff. So her lifestyle matches her job and her exclusive society perfectly.

do UK employers typically give 4 to 5 weeks right from the start? i was under the impression that you started with 3. at any rate if she can get all that vacation time then i say more power to her. we're all just jealous!

Some do, even for part-time workers. I think it might depend on the company, though.

It is typical for employers to offer 4-5 weeks of leave after the initial probation period, which is typically 6 months. I dont think that an entry level job as an accessories buyer at Jigsaw is very challenging, nor do I think it is very remunerative. I would be surprised if her remuneration was much above GBP 15,000 per annum.

Quite a lot has been said about her being seen coming out of nightclubs at 3am on a work night - again this is very normal if you are 25, in London and in the early stages of your career. Its the only time of your life you have the energy to keep going like that. I don´t think Kate is very different from a vast number of young people in this - the only difference seems to be that Kate appears not have been drinking very much compared to the average 20 something Brit!!

Wills or not, I think Kate can be seeing to be doing a bot more with her life - whether it is pursuing her own interests outside work / sport / charity work ...... I have no doubt her parents support her financially, and I suspect that extends well beyond providing her with accomodation in London. She would do well to demsonstrate that she can support herself, even if she were to marry Wills in time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom