The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Prince Harry and Prince William

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #221  
Old 07-05-2007, 02:25 PM
Gentry
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Bristol, United Kingdom
Posts: 55
If William is with the army for another 2 years, you can understand why he said he wanted to wait until he was at least 27 to marry, maybe he feels that it would be unfair to place that burden on his wife - prince andrew and sarah have commented on how him being away seriously strained there marriage.
__________________

__________________
  #222  
Old 07-05-2007, 02:47 PM
Skydragon's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: London and Highlands, United Kingdom
Posts: 10,943
Prosecute, that is the only way these low life's will take any notice.
__________________

__________________
  #223  
Old 07-05-2007, 04:21 PM
dodo's Avatar
Gentry
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bucharest, Romania
Posts: 96
Poor Kate. Honestly i would die if i were in her place, being followed 24/7. They should give her a break, or at least no take pictures while she's driving..this can be really dangeorus.

On another hand i think this shows how many things Kate is able to tolerate because of her relationship with wills. I think this behaviour speaks more that the public display of affection.

you go kate!
__________________
  #224  
Old 07-05-2007, 05:35 PM
CasiraghiTrio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Burbank, United States
Posts: 6,402
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
Prosecute, that is the only way these low life's will take any notice.
Where is the PCC? Why aren't they slapping the lawsuit against them on her behalf? They said they would take any complaint from her seriously. I hope it is not long before the Harbottle & Lewis attorneys press her case and the PCC prosecutes on her behalf. With the PCC, it would give her more chance of winning than if she went on her own, wouldn't it?
__________________
Chewsteraghi on Tumblr. Schmichaelira on Twitter. Tumblr aka obsessivechewsteraghidisorder. Be warned: I'm weird.
  #225  
Old 07-05-2007, 10:03 PM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Louisville, United States
Posts: 14
sad to say, but it doesn't seem as though the media have learned a thing since diana's death
__________________
  #226  
Old 07-05-2007, 10:24 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: ny, United States
Posts: 312
The media had nothing to do with Diana's death. She wasn't wearing a seatbelt, and her driver was drunk.
__________________
  #227  
Old 07-05-2007, 10:24 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: , United States
Posts: 2,736
I doubt they are truly back together, especially since she was seated several rows back from William, Harry and Chelsy on such an important occasion. More likely, William is trying to be gracious and invited her to enjoy the acts that performed.

It would be a slap in her face to suddenly have to endure the media attention without any promise of a future marriage, which is the same pressures they were under before. It's time to put out or move on.
__________________
  #228  
Old 07-06-2007, 12:10 AM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by dodo View Post
Poor Kate. Honestly i would die if i were in her place, being followed 24/7. They should give her a break, or at least no take pictures while she's driving..this can be really dangeorus.

On another hand i think this shows how many things Kate is able to tolerate because of her relationship with wills. I think this behaviour speaks more that the public display of affection.

you go kate!
I don't understand why she tolerate this. However, if the Paps were harassing her while she was driving, and she contacted the authorities, then I give her kudos because this is a safety issue in which someone can get seriously hurt.

However she can stop a lot of this by just saying we are just friends or encourage Prince William to have Clarence House submit a statement regarding whether or not they are friends or are dating.

If they are just friends, then she needs to distance herself from him and his friends so that she can move on. She can remain his friend just not in the public. She shouldn't sit in the royal boxes or take any perks that he dishing out to his friends because it causes people to speculate on whether or not she is dating him.

If she is dating him, then she need to accept the fact that everything she does, the Paps will try to get a picture of. If the Pap pressure is to much, she needs to end her relationship with Prince William and move on. Because if he does marry her, it is not going to get better.

IMHO, I sometimes thinks she like the attention she gets from the Paps.
__________________
  #229  
Old 07-06-2007, 01:09 AM
TonyaR's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: *, United States
Posts: 328
Reuters-Prince William said back with girlfriend Kate

Prince William said back with girlfriend Kate | Top News | Reuters&

"LONDON (Reuters) - Prince William has persuaded his long-time girlfriend Kate Middleton to get back together again 12 weeks after the couple split, the Sun said in Friday's edition."

The article is saying that it's supposed to be announced officially at an upcoming polo match.

Here's a photo of the headline on The Sun:

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/a...n_Headline.jpg

And a link to The Sun's latest online article. I wonder if this is just more speculation by the media or if there is some credence to the statements made by this tabloid?
The Sun Online - News: Wills and Kate rekindle romance
__________________
Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, ..stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
~Christopher Robin to Pooh
(A.A. Milne)
  #230  
Old 07-06-2007, 02:16 AM
dodo's Avatar
Gentry
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bucharest, Romania
Posts: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyinwaiting View Post
I don't understand why she tolerate this. However, if the Paps were harassing her while she was driving, and she contacted the authorities, then I give her kudos because this is a safety issue in which someone can get seriously hurt.

However she can stop a lot of this by just saying we are just friends or encourage Prince William to have Clarence House submit a statement regarding whether or not they are friends or are dating.

If they are just friends, then she needs to distance herself from him and his friends so that she can move on. She can remain his friend just not in the public. She shouldn't sit in the royal boxes or take any perks that he dishing out to his friends because it causes people to speculate on whether or not she is dating him.

If she is dating him, then she need to accept the fact that everything she does, the Paps will try to get a picture of. If the Pap pressure is to much, she needs to end her relationship with Prince William and move on. Because if he does marry her, it is not going to get better.

IMHO, I sometimes thinks she like the attention she gets from the Paps.
i don't think she likes it. I think she just really wants to be with wills, i don't think she is willing to get injured or lose her life just for the fun of being linked to wills.

we don't know how kate feels about wills or him about her, so i think we can't really say what's best for them.
__________________
  #231  
Old 07-06-2007, 02:17 AM
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: ***, United States
Posts: 16,897
Quote:
LONDON (Reuters) - Prince William has persuaded his long-time girlfriend Kate Middleton to get back together again 12 weeks after the couple split, the Sun said in Friday's edition."

The article is saying that it's supposed to be announced officially at an upcoming polo match.

Announced officially? The only thing that's likely to be announced officially would be an engagement, and polo matches aren't the usual outlet for royal engagement announcements.
__________________
  #232  
Old 07-06-2007, 02:17 AM
dodo's Avatar
Gentry
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bucharest, Romania
Posts: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyaR View Post
Prince William said back with girlfriend Kate | Top News | Reuters&

"LONDON (Reuters) - Prince William has persuaded his long-time girlfriend Kate Middleton to get back together again 12 weeks after the couple split, the Sun said in Friday's edition."

The article is saying that it's supposed to be announced officially at an upcoming polo match.

Here's a photo of the headline on The Sun:

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/a...n_Headline.jpg

And a link to The Sun's latest online article. I wonder if this is just more speculation by the media or if there is some credence to the statements made by this tabloid?
The Sun Online - News: Wills and Kate rekindle romance
another event to look forward to...keeping my fingers crossed
__________________
  #233  
Old 07-06-2007, 02:21 AM
dodo's Avatar
Gentry
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bucharest, Romania
Posts: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
Announced officially? The only thing that's likely to be announced officially would be an engagement, and polo matches aren't the usual outlet for royal engagement announcements.

I think they're suggesting that if kate shows up with him at polo is obvious they're back together. Announce the reconciliation not with statements but with actions.
__________________
  #234  
Old 07-06-2007, 02:37 AM
TonyaR's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: *, United States
Posts: 328
Once again, nicely ambiguous!
__________________
Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, ..stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
~Christopher Robin to Pooh
(A.A. Milne)
  #235  
Old 07-06-2007, 04:31 AM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Frankfurt, Germany
Posts: 29
I think we should not make a drama of it. How many young couples have split for a short period of time and then rekindled their relationship? It happens all the time, and why should it be different for the two? After all, this could have been a healing experience for William who obviously has found out that there is something special between him and Kate and that it was worth fighting for her. If it is true that he has done all the chasing after initially being the one unwilling to commit, this could be an excellent foundation for a stable long-term relationship because he has done some serious thinking about what he wants and needs.

As for the future, quite honestly, the two are in a Catch 22-situation. If they marry sooner than later, the media interest will shift from marrying to her getting pregnant. If they allow themselves some more time - and why shouldn't they do that? -, they will be pestered all the time about the date of their marriage. So whatever they do, they cannot avoid all the speculations.

I do not think that the public was misled about the split-up. Kate has changed her style since April quite dramatically and I seriously doubt that she would have worn all those skimpy dresses etc. if the whole break-up was just staged. It will be interesting to see if she will now revert to the rather boring tweed dresses she thought wise to wear while being officially linked to William.
__________________
  #236  
Old 07-06-2007, 05:35 AM
Skydragon's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: London and Highlands, United Kingdom
Posts: 10,943
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyinwaiting View Post
I don't understand why she tolerate this. However, if the Paps were harassing her while she was driving, and she contacted the authorities, then I give her kudos because this is a safety issue in which someone can get seriously hurt.

However she can stop a lot of this by just saying we are just friends or encourage Prince William to have Clarence House submit a statement regarding whether or not they are friends or are dating.
Whether she is dating him, puts out a statement or not, the actions of these photographers was intolerable. They put her and every other road user in danger by their actions.
Quote:
On Saturday, in weather conditions described as appalling, four cars containing photographers are said to have tailgated Ms Middleton's car as she drove in London. Some of the cars came alongside her to attempt to take photographs of her, forcing Ms Middleton to stop her car, the source said
With all the CCTV cameras in London, the police must have the numberplates of these ****************
__________________
  #237  
Old 07-06-2007, 06:19 AM
Duchess's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: xx, Canada
Posts: 1,648
thank goodness she, at least, had the sense to stop her car. it's one thing to be walking down the street and have the photographers snapping away but to be driving like an idiot...well it must have been really frightening.
__________________
Duchess
  #238  
Old 07-06-2007, 06:59 AM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Frankfurt, Germany
Posts: 29
From the IHT:
Quote:
The report prompted bookmaker Ladbrokes to announce it would no longer take bets on who William will marry. After their split, bookies initially put the odds on the couple marrying at 16/1, but the odds eventually improved to a 1/3 chance as more gamblers put their money on Middleton.
"We thought the pair had split for good," Ladbrokes spokesman Nick Weinberg said, adding the public "clearly had more faith than the bookies."
__________________
  #239  
Old 07-06-2007, 07:26 AM
crm2317's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Belfast, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,919
Rekindled_romance_confirmation_expected_from Wills and Kate says Hello Magazine
__________________
  #240  
Old 07-06-2007, 08:28 AM
Duchess's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: xx, Canada
Posts: 1,648
it's funny how that article says they looked "strained" at their last public appearance together. it looks to me like they were taking an interest in what someone was saying to them. how DO these magazine/newspaper writers learn to interpret these things.
__________________

__________________
Duchess
Closed Thread

Tags
kate middleton, prince william, relationships


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Additional Links
Popular Tags
birth carl philip charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events duchess of cambridge dutch royal history fashion genealogy grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta sofia jordan king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg nobility olympics ottoman poland pom pregnancy prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince felipe prince floris prince maurits prince pieter-christiaan princess aimee princess anita princess beatrix princess charlene princess claire princess mabel princess madeleine princess margriet princess marilene princess mary princess mary fashion princess of asturias queen anne-marie queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen rania queen silvia royal royal fashion russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit sweden the hague visit wedding winter olympics 2014



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:49 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]