The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-24-2010, 11:51 PM
Heir Apparent

Is there any chance, ghostnight, that the second video is from the CBC? The narrator sounds like Barbara Budd.

Old 06-25-2010, 12:33 AM
Heir Apparent

^My friend, Patrica ripped it for me off a VHS she had bought way back in the day.I cannot remember for the life of me what it was called. But I member in 08 when Harry was going to NYC CBS showed a bit of it during a segment.

Old 06-25-2010, 01:12 AM
Heir Apparent

Thank you for your reply. It has the feel of something that might have been done as a memorial soon after Diana's death.
Old 06-25-2010, 01:15 AM
Heir Apparent

I know what you mean! I don't know what year the VHS was from. I'll ask her next time I speak to her.
Old 06-28-2010, 09:25 AM

Girls, thanks for sharing photos, loved them=)
By the way, comparing these two christenings, Diana looks much more confident while Harry's one..
Old 06-30-2010, 09:51 PM
Serene Highness

What was the so called "feud" between Charles & Anne about? It said she wasn't their but Zara was? hmm...
Old 06-30-2010, 10:17 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonc93 View Post
What was the so called "feud" between Charles & Anne about? It said she wasn't their but Zara was? hmm...
I don't think the feud was between Charles and Anne, but between Anne and Diana. It was widely thought that Anne could not suffer Diana, and that, in turn, Diana would not have Anne as godparent to either of her children. Perhaps Charles backed up Diana at that time or at least acquiesced to her wishes. We may never know and it probably doesn't matter much now anyway.
Old 07-14-2010, 04:49 PM
Heir Apparent

I read that William ran amuck at Harry's christening and karate chopped the Archbishop of Canterbury on the knees.

He was an adorable little boy from what I remember but rather rambunctious and a little spoiled, which makes it even more wonderful to see what an exemplary young Prince he has turned out to be.

P.S...I don't blame Diana a bit for not wanting Princess Anne as godmother..Anne seemed to never go out of her way to be kind to Diana!
Old 07-14-2010, 06:52 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
I read that William ran amuck at Harry's christening and karate chopped the Archbishop of Canterbury on the knees.

Ha! That's too funny! I could see Willy Wombat (isn't that what Diana called him?) doing that. He thankfully has calmed down alot since becoming an adult.
Old 07-14-2010, 07:06 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanaz View Post
Ha! That's too funny! I could see Willy Wombat (isn't that what Diana called him?) doing that. He thankfully has calmed down alot since becoming an adult.
And in later years when William joined the service, Charles would call him Combat Wombat.
Old 02-24-2011, 03:00 AM
Aristocracy

Video of the photoshoot after Prince William's Christening, Princess Diana to the rescue! Mummy always knows best

Video of Prince Harry still in his cute little Christening outfit!

Old 03-28-2012, 03:13 AM
Heir Apparent

Here is a clip from Harry's:

Old 12-27-2012, 09:54 AM
Heir Presumptive

Which foreign royals were attending the baptism of The Duke of Cambridge?
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 12-27-2012, 10:35 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by principessa View Post
Which foreign royals were attending the baptism of The Duke of Cambridge?
William's godparents are King Constantine II of Greece (his paternal cousin); Princess Alexandra (his paternal cousin); the Duchess of Westminster; the Lady Susan Hussey; Lord Romsey (his paternal cousin); and Sir Laurens van der Post.
Old 12-27-2012, 08:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

oh, yeah, wills was wombat! I remember when he was in chile he named himself to the children I 'm a wombat!

Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
As Mario acknowledges: "She really was a true Princess".
-www.theroyalist.net-

Tags
christening, prince harry, prince william