A Potential Wife for Prince Harry

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How old are you?

There are a lot of people who are younger and care about Diana. There are a lot of people who continue to be influenced by her. Sure, I'll agree with you on the idea that anyone born after 1997 (and would be 15 or under now) might not care about Diana, but someone who's in their 20s now? May have an opinion. Someone who's in their 30s is almost definitely going to have one, likewise with the 40s. As Charles is going to come to the throne at some point in the next 20 years, that means that this group of 20s-40s is going to be in their 40s-60s. Just to break the news to you, but 40 isn't that old.

I'm trying to say that all those people we see claiming that Diana was a saint and Camilla and Charles are awful adulterers are old women that can't realize that Diana wasn't perfect.

We don't see lots young people complaining about Camilla be a homewrecker.

Just go to The British Monarchy's page on Facebook, and look to the people who say nasty things about the Duchess of Cornwall at her pictures. You'll not see many people in their 20's or 30's.

Last edited:
I'm trying to say that all those people we see claiming that Diana was a saint and Camilla and Charles are awful adulterers are old women that can't realize that Diana wasn't perfect.

We don't see lots young people complaining about Camilla be a homewrecker.

Just go to The British Monarchy's page on Facebook, and look to the people who say nasty things about the Duchess of Cornwall at her pictures. You'll not see many people in their 20's or 30's.

Except you're basing your opinion on what people say on Facebook. That's like saying that the people must hate the Middletons and think that Catherine and William are lazy because that's what the DM comments show.

I'm not going to say that people who support Diana aren't old, or that people who support Camilla aren't young. I think that it's more likely that there are people of all ages on both sides of the issue - and those who think that both are good, but flawed women (like most people). We don't know what the feelings towards Camilla will be in the next 20 years - nor do we know when Charles will become king, if he will even become king (he has to outlive his mother first), and if Camilla will still be in the picture then (she has to outlive the Queen too).

I know personally, I'm in my mid-20s now and I grew up loving Diana. It's only been in more recent years that I've come to see Camilla in a better light, largely because I pay attention to the royals. Others my age who remember the hype around Diana, who saw The Queen, who don't follow the family? Probably not fans of Camilla's.

Except you're basing your opinion on what people say on Facebook. That's like saying that the people must hate the Middletons and think that Catherine and William are lazy because that's what the DM comments show.

I'm not basing my opinion on Facebook, it was an example.

But that's not only on Facebook, last year, papers said the the public opinion about the Duchess of Cornwall is getting better and better.

I'm not basing my opinion on Facebook, it was an example.

But that's not only on Facebook, last year, papers said the the public opinion about the Duchess of Cornwall is getting better and better.

The statement that was released when Charles and Camilla married was that "it is intended that" she will be known as Princess Consort. It was a way of appeasing those who were/are still opposed to Camilla being in the Royal Family at all. Unless Parliament steps in and creates a new title, Camilla will be Queen Consort, no matter what she is known as. Personally, I don't see Parliament taking the time to do this, and if they were, they'd probably have started the process by now. In addition, just like changing the rule of succession, the change would probably have to be approved by the Commonwealth nations, as well.

Closed for moderator review.

I've got it: she's South-African, sweet, one of the greatest bodies in the industry and a lovely face to go with it.. Candice Swanepoel.
Karolina Kurkova & Candice Swanepoel - CFDA Fashion Awards 2012 | karolina kurkova candice swanepoel cfda fashion awards 2012 04 - Photo Gallery | Just Jared
Candice Swanepoel: Bikini Shoot in St. Barts! | candice swanepoel bikini shoot in st barts 09 - Photo Gallery | Just Jared

It's never ever going to happen but it would be a very good looking couple, that's for sure.

I hope you marry Prince Harry and Cressida Bonas. Very good on. Cressida is the daughter of a respected and have a good education. Prince Harry will be the ideal couple.

I also think that Cressida Bonas is the ideal wife for Prince Harry.

I'd think it'd be awesome if he ended up with a dark haired girl. Just because it goes against type, he can't be with a redhead because we all know the rule about 2 redheads getting together.

No. we don't.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

I'd think it'd be awesome if he ended up with a dark haired girl. Just because it goes against type, he can't be with a redhead because we all know the rule about 2 redheads getting together.

Would that be along the lines of adding gasoline to a fire?

Harry's New girlfriend?

I haven't been on here is quite some time and have not read any of the more recent post, but does anyone have any comments on that Camilla Thurgood or whatever her last name is? That one that works for Halo? She is so pretty and is so different from all his usual gf's! At this point, all we seem to have is rumors, so I am waiting to see them actually together but one can hope! :)

Someone who works in charity will be good for him, it means that unlike a 'certain someone,' there won't be any issues of having to be 'eased into' charity work.

Oh, Harry will never bore us, will he? Bring on the red-heads! :p

I think Prince Harry as a King (Henry IX) would in fact be like a renewal of King Henry VIII, only for modern times.

Hi everyone, newbie from Australia here.
I like Harry, and I'm rather disappointed that, spite of rumours, Harry doesn't seem to have seen Camilla Thurgood since their one reported date.
I think she would be very good for Harry, and a nice change- brunette, charity worker, Scottish. Sadly however, nothing seems to be happening!

Someone who works in charity will be good for him, it means that unlike a 'certain someone,' there won't be any issues of having to be 'eased into'

I wonder if childish insuations about other royal's work shedule are really necessary here. There's another royalty forums where posters can attack the royals just for fun and with no substance.

I actually think that it would be great for Harry to marry a commoner... I mean, a girl who is not so rich, has an ordinary work... But I see that Harry's wife, if he would ever marry , will be an aristo or a rich girl from his inner circle! I just wish to him a life full of love with his soul mate...:flowers:

I wonder if childish insuations about other royal's work shedule are really necessary here. There's another royalty forums where posters can attack the royals just for fun and with no substance.

Yes, and just to be fair, this is not a fan site. Both sides are discussed here.

With Harry, how his wife is placed as far as royal duties may be a bit different as I seem to recall recently Harry commented that he'd like to remain in the military for quite a while yet. His wife may turn out to only be required to be an army wife.

With Harry, how his wife is placed as far as royal duties may be a bit different as I seem to recall recently Harry commented that he'd like to remain in the military for quite a while yet. His wife may turn out to only be required to be an army wife.

That seems unlikely. Harry may be a second son military man for a while but his wife will be expected to do more than just be a military wife in the long run. Kate has been criticized heavily for that, and Sarah wasn't allowed to be just a military wife while Andrew was in the forces.

Yes, and just to be fair, this is not a fan site. Both sides are discussed here.

To be fair though, there is a place to discuss it and a place to not discuss it. Thinly veiled attacks of other royals work ethic isn't really relevant to Harry's future wife.

I actually think that it would be great for Harry to marry a commoner... I mean, a girl who is not so rich, has an ordinary work... But I see that Harry's wife, if he would ever marry , will be an aristo or a rich girl from his inner circle! I just wish to him a life full of love with his soul mate...:flowers:

I don't think Harry's wife has to be from any set walk of life. We've seen royal brides come from aristocratic, upper class, and middle class in recent years, with varying degrees of success based not so much on the background as the people themselves.

Some of Kate's experiences suggest that it might be easier for Harry's future wife if she comes from his social group, or at least a quasi-aristocratic background - Kate seems to have struggled at times with integrating herself in William's group of friends because of the different backgrounds.

At the same time, if Harry goes for someone from a more working, middle class background he's likely to find someone who has a very different work ethic than Kate or Cressida. That's not to attack either of them or suggest they're lazy, but they've both benefited from not having to work. I think one of Kate's struggles is that she was in between classes before her marriage - she wasn't of the aristocratic class that was used to doing charity work, and she wasn't of the middle class that was used to working to put dinner on the table. As such she's struggled with integrating herself into her new life and meeting our expectations of her.

I don't think Kate's failed as much as she's accused of, or is lazy, or lacks a work ethic. I do think she's struggled with her new life and she hasn't always done her best to fulfill her new role, but I have hope that she'll find her stride. I think if Harry wants to find someone who won't face the struggles and criticism that Kate's faced then he needs to go for someone who has a background in either working to put dinner on the table or working with charitable organizations.

:previous:
To be fair though, there is a place to discuss it and a place to not discuss it. Thinly veiled attacks of other royals work ethic isn't really relevant to Harry's future wife.
As you attack Kate's work ethic with regards to Harry's future wife... :whistling:

I don't think Harry's wife has to be from any set walk of life. We've seen royal brides come from aristocratic, upper class, and middle class in recent years, with varying degrees of success based not so much on the background as the people themselves.

Some of Kate's experiences suggest that it might be easier for Harry's future wife if she comes from his social group, or at least a quasi-aristocratic background - Kate seems to have struggled at times with integrating herself in William's group of friends because of the different backgrounds.

At the same time, if Harry goes for someone from a more working, middle class background he's likely to find someone who has a very different work ethic than Kate or Cressida. That's not to attack either of them or suggest they're lazy, but they've both benefited from not having to work. I think one of Kate's struggles is that she was in between classes before her marriage - she wasn't of the aristocratic class that was used to doing charity work, and she wasn't of the middle class that was used to working to put dinner on the table. As such she's struggled with integrating herself into her new life and meeting our expectations of her.

I don't think Kate's failed as much as she's accused of, or is lazy, or lacks a work ethic. I do think she's struggled with her new life and she hasn't always done her best to fulfill her new role, but I have hope that she'll find her stride. I think if Harry wants to find someone who won't face the struggles and criticism that Kate's faced then he needs to go for someone who has a background in either working to put dinner on the table or working with charitable organizations.

From the point of view of the press if his future bride would come from a working class she would definitely be accused of being a goldigger... Non-aristocratic wifes of royal men has always have this kind of nasty criticism sadly... they can never win...

Anyway, as I previously said the important thing is love... when he will find the one we will know:flowers:

IMO I have a feeling that he might remain a bachelor or settle down when is much older... (see prince albert of monaco for instance)

Last edited by a moderator:
:previous: As you attack Kate's work ethic with regards to Harry's future wife... :whistling:

If you read my post you'll see that I wasn't attacking Kate's work ethic. I outright said I wasn't.

Kate has struggled with adjusting to her role, particularly as she's not a full time royal and shouldn't be expected to be while William also isn't a full time royal. I believe that isn't because she's lazy or lacks a work ethic but because she doesn't have the experience of long term, sustained working. Prior to her marriage she didn't have to work for money because she was supported by her family's wealth - she held jobs that weren't really serious and pursued other life goals. This isn't a criticism at all, she shouldn't be faulted for having other priorities.

I don't think Kate lacks a work ethic, I think Kate has struggled to overcome her experience of not having held a serious job prior to her marriage or having never before done serious charity work. It's not her work ethic that fails, it's her adaptability. She hasn't figured out how to adapt to her position - to be both a part time royal while maintaining an image of being a hard worker.

My discussion of Kate in this post and my last isn't meant to call Kate out for being lazy or lacking a work ethic. I don't actually think she's lazy or lacks a work ethic - I don't agree with the reasoning that suggests that she is. Rather I was trying to say that these are the struggles that Kate has faced in her marriage and how Harry's future wife's background could potentially help her overcome some of these backgrounds.

While I don't think we should criticize Kate for not having held a serious job prior to her marriage, I do think that when Harry marries it will benefit his wife if she has either serious work experience or serious charity experience. This different background will, in my opinion, help Harry's future wife with a very difficult role. Like Kate, she's going to be the wife of a part time royal who has to have the appearance of being a hard worker while still being a part time royal herself - as we can't expect her, or Kate, to be a full time royal while their husbands aren't. Kate's struggles aren't because she has a bad work ethic but because she hasn't figured out how to fit into a difficult role without breaking free of the legacy of not having held a serious job before.

For Harry's wife this is going to be even harder to overcome if she has a similar background to Kate. Kate has the huge advantage of having met William while in school. Her lack of work between school and marriage can be attributed to the fact that she chose to prioritize her relationship and the media interest in her made holding a job difficult. Harry's future wife doesn't have this luxury - if she's as young as Kate was when she met William then she'll be criticized for being too young (as Cressida was), while if she's Harry's age and doesn't have work experience she'll be criticized for being in her late 20s without having held a job.

From the point of view of the press if his future bride would come from a working class she would definitely be accused of being a goldigger... Non-aristocratic wifes of royal men has always have this kind of nasty criticism sadly... they can never win...

Anyway, as I previously said the important thing is love... when he will find the one we will know:flowers:

IMO I have a feeling that he might remain a bachelor or settle down when is much older... (see prince albert of monaco for instance)

If she's from a wealthy background she'll be accused by the press of being in it for the title. If she's from an aristocratic background she'll be accused of being a snob. In that regards she can't win - she'll have to overcome the criticism with how well she does the job.

I actually think Harry would be smart to delay his marriage. If his intention is to remain in the military for some time then his future wife is going to be in a tough spot. She'll have a hard time holding down a job herself, and will have her moves in that job criticized, as shown by Sophie's past experiences (and to an extent Kate's). Any job she holds will have an expiration date on it, which can make the job itself worse.

At the same time, if she doesn't have her own job then she'll face the same problems Kate faces now - how to be a part time royal while avoiding looking like she's lazy. We can't expect her to be a full time royal while Harry's still a part time royal, but we won't let her just be a military wife and a part time royal - Kate's proved that.

However, if Harry delays his marriage until a time closer to when he's planning on becoming a full time royal then his wife can avoid this. If he has a long term girlfriend then she'll still face some of the holding down a job struggles (combined with the Waity Katey type struggles), but she can't be criticized for not being a full time royal. If he marries then retires from the military and becomes a full time royal within 2 or 3 years of the wedding then his wife will have time to transition, like Kate and Sophie had, then be able to up her game more a Harry ups his.

This of course is all speculation - it's what I would do if I was in Harry's shoes.

:previous: At the moment he seems to be single, or have flings...

Do you think that in some years the press is going to play the "loneliness card"?

I mean... if he will still be single at 32-33 he might be put under pressure like prince albert and questioned "why is he still not married"? and all this silly stuff...

Just asking... of course he is not the heir but as soon as William and Kate will have another child and the and no relevant "news" (such as wedding, heir and spare) will come from them the focus of the media might switch to him...

What is your opinion?:flowers:

Hmm...

I think he's going to risk having to face the "lonely" angle - with a lot of "how Chelsy got away" type accusations - the "is he gay" angle - with a lot of "how he's hiding it and speculations about his secret lovers - and the "playboy" angle.

Hmm...

I think he's going to risk having to face the "lonely" angle - with a lot of "how Chelsy got away" type accusations - the "is he gay" angle - with a lot of "how he's hiding it and speculations about his secret lovers - and the "playboy" angle.

you are right:lol:

I just hope to see him married and happy before he reaches 40...

The person Harry marries will get the same treatment as Kate (and the other BRF wives). She will be eased into her role, so I don't see her doing tons of duties in the first few years. I imagine we'll be having the same type of conversations about her, that we have about Kate. People will wonder what she's doing and if she's doing enough.

Now for the later years, I think it all depends on Harry's status in the military. If he plans to stay in the military until retirement (something he has supposedly said he'd like to do), then that might limit the number of engagements she does. If he decides to become a full-royal, then she'll be taking on full-time duties. Basically she'll be following his lead.

Quite frankly, I think much of that struggle into integrating herself with William's group of friends is that they are snotty brats. Or at least the ones who used to make fun of the Middletons for working in aviation, he being a pilot and she being a flight attendant. Apparently in front of Kate. As if anybody should be shamed for working. The shame belongs to that group of snobs who now have to bow/curtsy to the woman whose parents they mocked for having jobs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom