A Potential Wife for Prince Harry

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The press are already making fun off her she changed three times in the one day. She also has plans to move to Hollywood in September so I'm not so sure how long it will last. Also don't think the Queen wants someone getting roles etc cause they are linked to Harry. He just broke up with a steady girl she is more likely a rebound fling if it was anything really serious I would think it would have been kept quiet for more then a couple of weeks. They haven't been pictured together so someone is talking! I do think she is a step up from Chelsy but we will see how she goes over time that is the big challenge! Harry is young he has plenty of time to find a bride at the moment he seems to be more intent on having fun.

She's not famous but she is an aristocrat and really his 8th cousin they say.

Yes,she is descendant of various Lords,Earls etc.,but also,like many nobles of today she is descendant of King Charles II of England!

Interesting fact is that her ancestress Anne,wife of King's son,Duke of Lennox,and daughter of Lord Brudenell was also a Brudenell...

Florence is a great-great-granddaughter of Lord Robert Brudenell-Bruce and a great-great-great-granddaughter of Ernest Augustus,3rd Marquess of Ailesbury!

She is also a descendant of Robert Walpole,Earl of Orford and Knight of the Garter whose granddaughter Maria married into the royal family!

Last edited:
The press are already making fun off her she changed three times in the one day. She also has plans to move to Hollywood in September so I'm not so sure how long it will last.

Oh Lord, another wannabe running off to Hollywood hoping for fame.:whistling:

I think the same too. Also it's a bit early to be telling friends you think you are in love. Nice of them to talk to the press too. Something neither Kate's or Chelsy's did. I think it is some summer fun but I think she will use it to help with her career!

It's fun that the Mail insists Ms. Brudenell-Bruce is a descendent of the 7th Earl of Cardigan, the hero of Balaclava (Light Brigade and that). Because this Earl died childless and his title was inherited by the 2nd Marquess of Ailesbury. Who was a male-line ancestor of Miss Florence, who has in addition lots of titled gentlemen and ladies in her ancestry. But no war heroes, alas.

It's fun that the Mail insists Ms. Brudenell-Bruce is a descendent of the 7th Earl of Cardigan, the hero of Balaclava (Light Brigade and that). Because this Earl died childless and his title was inherited by the 2nd Marquess of Ailesbury. Who was a male-line ancestor of Miss Florence, who has in addition lots of titled gentlemen and ladies in her ancestry. But no war heroes, alas.

Did he die childless or without legitimate issue?

She has her degree from Bristol and has already appeared in television films so it's no stranger for her to head to Hollywood than it was for Lord Frederick's Sophie Winkleman . She is very pretty and sounds sweet and has every right to tell her friends she is besotted with Harry. At least she didn't talk to reporters as Chelsy has done.

Hmmm, don't why but I think that these stories seem a little false, like the media are trying to make something out of nothing.

I think they are making more out of it then there is. If they are seeing each other it has only been a couple of weeks and it hasn't remained private very long. Unlike Chelsy. He is just having some fun I doubt it is anything serious but it should get Flee a job or two.

He died childless.

Yes, I think so, too (forgot about posting it). I even read the memoirs of his second wife and later widow and while she is very frank about love children and the scandalous behaviour of herself and others, she only mentioned the Brudenell-Bruce-relative who inherited her husband's title but had to wait for such a long time till her death to get the rest of her late husband's estate. If there had been provisions for an illegitimate child, she surely would have mentioned it. So I guess this Lord Cardigan was not able to father children.

I don't see Harry and Chelsy marrying. In fact, I don't see Harry marrying anyone for awhile. He seems to be really focused on his career and I think settling down is the last thing on his mind.

:previous:* Even if "Harry" found 'the one' wouldn't he have to wait awhile; possibly 5 years???
After the Queens first 3 divorced -Edward & Sophie had to wait, William & Kate didn't rush in either!
I would love to see him settled with an out-going personality who compliments him & together with Will & Kate take the Commonwealth into the future, but for now - he can have fun & work on his career!
Good Luck Harry!
xoxos

Last edited by a moderator:
:previous:* Even if "Harry" found 'the one' wouldn't he have to wait awhile; possibly 5 years???
After the Queens first 3 divorced -Edward & Sophie had to wait, William & Kate didn't rush in either!

I don't think Edward and Sophie had to wait; Edward just wanted to be sure. Didn't Sophie say once that every time they were about to become engaged, the press ran a story about it and then Edward backed off?

And William wanted to complete military training first.
But I think both couples could have married sooner if they wished.

:ermm: Well, the original story of Harry with the new girl came with one picture of them together at the wireless festival - but he doesn't look like he's even looking at the girl but talking to a group of people. Getty Images has up other pictures from that evening and he's mostly talking to Zara. Not sure if that means anything or not, but I haven't seen any other pictures of the two of them together.

To my knowledge the only time people had to wait is when the Queen had asked her cousins to delay the announcement of their engagements by a couple of months because of other things that were going on (marriages/divorces and Silver Jubilee)in the BRF. No one has had to wait for years unless it was personal preference.

I think this might not be that serious. Harry gives me the vibe that he likes his private relationship to be private and the last two people that he dated besides Chelsey (Flea and Caroline) were (or at least appeared to be) press happy from the get go. That's not a good thing when dating a member of the BRF.

You can say many things about Chelsy but in the beginning she didn't activately seek the press nor did her friends tell tons of stories (they did during break ups and towards the end) but not in the beginning.

To my knowledge the only time people had to wait is when the Queen had asked her cousins to delay the announcement of their engagements by a couple of months because of other things that were going on (marriages/divorces and Silver Jubilee)in the BRF. No one has had to wait for years unless it was personal preference.

I think this might not be that serious. Harry gives me the vibe that he likes his private relationship to be private and the last two people that he dated besides Chelsey (Flea and Caroline) were (or at least appeared to be) press happy from the get go. That's not a good thing when dating a member of the BRF.

You can say many things about Chelsy but in the beginning she didn't activately seek the press nor did her friends tell tons of stories (they did during break ups and towards the end) but not in the beginning.

He said he is single but he could be lying. While I do agree that Harry is private to some degree I also think that he wears his heart on his sleeve. I believe he even said as much in his 21st birthday article.

I don't see why the Queen would insist on a five year rule. William wanted to complete his training and be really sure and he wanted to make sure Kate was sure. I think Edward wanted the same thing. Beatrice has been with David for five years but she was only about 18 when they started dating he doesn't seem to be in too much of a hurry to get married. Harry may meet someone and wait a year or two he is older and depending on the girls age she may not want to wait five years. I think he does wear his heart on his sleave and I see Flee as enjoying the attention a little too much and things got out too fast. Harry has his career and wants to go overseas so I doubt he would get too serious with everything else going on. He should have some fun and date a little more so he can be sure when he does meet the right girl.

Where are you guys getting this information that Queen has insisted on a five year rule? In light of the demise of the marriages of Charles, Anne and Andrew...I would guess that she isn't looking a repeat of divorces and has adapted her way of thinking (royal couples now date long term and live together, etc.) but I have never heard anything about a particular five year rule. I think its just the way its happened with the latest royal marriages (Charles, Edward, William, and Peter to some extent).

I wondered about that too. Someone else said it before that there was some sort of five year rule. I just don't see it as being realistic and I doubt anyone can tell someone how long they need to wait before marriage. If just has happened that the last few have been together for so long.

I wondered about that too. Someone else said it before that there was some sort of five year rule. I just don't see it as being realistic and I doubt anyone can tell someone how long they need to wait before marriage. If just has happened that the last few have been together for so long.

I had heard of the rule as well...but we all know how the press works.

:previous: I had heard it around the time that Edward & Sophie got engaged.
But I also read that they postponed their engagement announcement out of respect after Diana died?
There is always so much written, and whilst we can't believe it all, there will be "some truth out there" !!! otherwise what are we reading ---even on TRF ??? - it seems some opinions are considered facts and some facts are considered opinions, we must enquire or comment to gather more informations so that we can form our own ideas.

But I seriously doubt Harry will be married anytime soon, his Royal Bride-to-be would have alot to get used to first!!!!

:)

The Queen strikes me as a pragmatic woman.
I think she has learnt a lot from the Diana situation.

:ermm: I don't know about that - in the beginning when he announced they were dating she released professionally posed pictures of herself in a swing. She also had tried out for a modeling agency, been dating a famous athlete and reportedly said that she "wanted to be famous". My guess is at first she liked all the fame of dating a Prince but when the fame turned negative as the press started asking questions about her families ties to the Mugambe regime she realized she didn't really like the attention after all. I also think it didn't help that everyone criticized the way she looked at Prince William's wedding - before that, everyone had criticized Kate and praised Chelsy. Anyway, I saw there was another article about her in the DM - I think that she does want them to leave her alone now and they should respect that. She's a private citizen unless she gets back with Harry or someone else famous and she should be allowed to do what she wants away from the camera.

^ Did she release them herself or did the agency release them without her permission?
:ermm: No - it's been awhile, but at first Harry was in Argentina and the DM was saying he was dating a mystery girl who was a Gwyneth Paltrow look-alike.
Then when he came out and said he was dating her, her family released these posed, professional type pictures and all sorts of statements to the media. I think that they were talking for a short time until they realized her being famous had its downside and then they didn't want the attention. I don't think that makes her a bad person - she just wasn't as camera shy as she's being portrayed. I do think that now after she's seen that the media can turn on you she doesn't want the attention. And I think that the media should respect that - she isn't a public person and she should be allowed to go about her life doing what she wants away from the camera.

Anyway, here's some articles from early days where "close friends and family" were talking about how well she'd fit into the royal family. Again - as long as the media was glowing, they were talking to them.

Friends reveal the real Chelsy Davy
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-411841/Friends-reveal-real-Chelsy-Davy.html

Harry 'won't be allowed to marry Chelsy' says Chelsy's uncle
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-331308/Harry-wont-allowed-marry-Chelsy.html

World Exclusive; a close relative tells the Mail that 'Harry 'wants to wed Chelsy'
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-330421/Harry-wants-wed-Chelsy.html

Will Harry escape the royal coop?
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/columnists/article-330553/Will-Harry-escape-royal-coop.html

Here's a snipet of the interview she gave to the now-defunct NOTW
A difficult romance, by Harry's girl
Last updated at 17:12 06 December 2004
Prince Harry's girlfriend Chelsy Davy has spoken for the first time of their relationship.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-329679/A-difficult-romance-Harrys-girl.html#ixzz1RyXJObok

Here's when it started to turn - when they mentioned their possibly ties to the Mugambe regime; this was also around the time a reporter saw her and a group of friends doing drugs.
How Chelsy came to hate the spotlight
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-493076/How-Chelsy-came-hate-spotlight.html

Last edited:
Eh, I have a lot of time on my hands this morning - I have to wait for a repair person!

Her family were quite chatty in the beginning. After only eight months they were predicting wedding bells? Chelsy actually sounds very spoilt and I find it hard to believe anyone who has their every need waited on is that down to earth. Her family got their money in a bad way and I am not so sure she would have been welcome into the family. But she did get a fair bit out of her association with Harry her job she has now. They don't usually take people from her uni but made an exception in her case. Has she actually even started work yet? She seems to keep putting it off. I think Harry can do better Chelsy nearly always looked sulky and seemed to like to pout. The press will leave her alone once they really buy the split is final. Which it seems this time it really is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom