A Potential Wife for Prince Harry

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Stories like this are popping up everywhere!
Based on nothing more than a few encounters (and probably wishful thinking). :lol:

Still, suppose there's something in all this speculation.
What does everyone think?
Would Pippa be a better choice of wife for Harry than Chelsy would?

would Pippa be a better choice of wife for Harry than Chelsy???

hmm... probably ... from my understanding.. Chelsy isn't real keen on the Royal lifestyle and my instincts tell me that Pippa is... and she seems to have the same kind of discipline that her sister the Duchess has. It is fun to speculate even if this scenario is extremely unlikely to ever happen.

Stories like this are popping up everywhere!
Based on nothing more than a few encounters (and probably wishful thinking). :lol:

Still, suppose there's something in all this speculation.
What does everyone think?
Would Pippa be a better choice of wife for Harry than Chelsy would?

Yes, they even talked about it on Fox News this morning. At this point, I think it's nothing more but silly conjecture based on seeing them together once or twice....if those reports are to be believed.

However, in response to your question, I think she would be a better match for Harry than Chelsey long term. She has self confidence and a fun personality that would suit Harry (like Chelsey), and I think she would adapt to Royal life much better than Chelsey having the benefit of Kate's and her family's years of experience and the current media frenzy which has surrounded her since the wedding which she seems to be handling very well. I also think she is more mature than Chelsey.

That's my opinion, however I seriously doubt anything has or will develop between them other than friendship. I don't see Harry and Chelsey making it to the alter, and at some point they will both need to move on for good. Harry eventually will need to settle down, and when he does I certainly hope he chooses as well as his brother.

So most people think William has chosen well, would someone please explain why?
If William wanted to take the royal out of the royal family he has certainly set the ball rolling. Diana wanted her boys to have what she called a normal life, she has taught them well, but if they really want to have a normal life they should give up any thought of occupying the throne, marry rich women and retire to normal upper class privileged life. Sorry to upset anyone but it seems the modern royal families want it both ways, they want the privilege and(exaggerated) respect that royals get but want to be seen as ordinary citizens, so far they have managed to have their cake and eat it too but for me, and I am sorry to say it, I believe it is the beginning of the end.
To get back to topic, Prince Harry has some growing up to do before even contemplating settling down, it is a pity about Chelsy, she seems a down to earth intelligent girl but she is definitely not the type to accept the role of doormat, or to be satisfied just hanging on to his arm and smiling. I don't find it that necessary for Harry to marry into a royal family even if it were possible to find one that would be interested in marrying him, a nice rich girl who has the same sense of fun that he has would be nice.

William hasn't exactly married beneath himself - he married the daughter of a millionaire, living in deepest Berkshire...

Well it is nice for you to think that way. I just happen not to.
They are married now so that is that, but he has definitely married beneath him but he has made her a royal so that is the end of the story, so far.
I don't happen to think that money is the most important asset for a royal bride.

Well, only if royals marry other royals or at least noble offsprings there are not marrying beneath .. but that seems to be the fashion right now; None the less, I also fear, that will be the end of the royals - sooner than later.

If a girl like MM can end up beeing royal - or are stripper ... most of the times in history that was mistress-material - but nothing for marriage; That worked quite well - how will the royals in future get any mistery or aura or whatever you wanna call it - to preserve their right to exist ??

So most people think William has chosen well, would someone please explain why?
If William wanted to take the royal out of the royal family he has certainly set the ball rolling. Diana wanted her boys to have what she called a normal life, she has taught them well, but if they really want to have a normal life they should give up any thought of occupying the throne, marry rich women and retire to normal upper class privileged life. Sorry to upset anyone but it seems the modern royal families want it both ways, they want the privilege and(exaggerated) respect that royals get but want to be seen as ordinary citizens, so far they have managed to have their cake and eat it too but for me, and I am sorry to say it, I believe it is the beginning of the end.

If I am not mistaken, the last senior member of the BRF to marry a royal was George, Duke of York (latterly, King George V) in 1893. That was a fair few years ago. Since then, future British monarchs have tended to marry other British people, who by definition, are "beneath them". This is not new, so certainly cannot be the "beginning of the end".

IMO, the British people would much rather have an English rose, rather than some foreign royal foisted upon them as a future Queen. Thats just the way we prefer it.

I think that is precisely what Kate brings to the mix. She reminds me of Queen Mary who was far lower on the royal totem pole than her husband. She had a very strong sense of the grandeur and mystique needed and was a very grand queen. I am highly impressed that after dating Wills for so many years, she never once blabbed to the press or had her friends do it. She seems 'real' but in a sense remote and very private. I think she will be the one to bring the mystique back to the monarchy.

If I am not mistaken, the last senior member of the BRF to marry a royal was George, Duke of York (latterly, King George V) in 1893. That was a fair few years ago. Since then, future British monarchs have tended to marry other British people, who by definition, are "beneath them". This is not new, so certainly cannot be the "beginning of the end".

IMO, the British people would much rather have an English rose, rather than some foreign royal foisted upon them as a future Queen. Thats just the way we prefer it.

I agree!
I see no reason why William or Harry should be expected to marry a foreign princess they barely know, even if they could find one that is suitable.

(It's true that George V did, but May of Teck was a woman he knew quite well. The Duke of Kent married Princess Marina, but that marriage wasn't exactly a success.)

Kate might not be from an aristocratic family, but to date she has conducted herself well, shown impeccable taste, and supported William. I don't see how he could have chosen better.

What about marrying an English rose aristocrat? I know that is a good description of Diana, whose marriage did not turn out that well, but it was not either her fault or Prince Charles's fault that he preferred another.

What about marrying an English rose aristocrat? I know that is a good description of Diana, whose marriage did not turn out that well, but it was not either her fault or Prince Charles's fault that he preferred another.

Does it really make all that difference?
Yes the Spencers were aristocrats, but 600 years ago they were just sheep farmers who amassed a large fortune and gained a title.

Maybe the Middletons will also gain a title in future?

I thought they had already bought a coat of arms.

Excuse me if I'm wrong be Prince Philip was a prince of Greece and Denmark before he married the Queen.

thelostprincess said:
Excuse me if I'm wrong be Prince Philip was a prince of Greece and Denmark before he married the Queen.

No, that's correct although the Queen's father didn't marry Royal.

Lady Elizabeth Bowes-Lyon was certainly an aristocrat who became Queen by accident really when her brother-in-law unexpectedly abdicated.

Gosh Chelsy and Harry's on times seem to be getting shorter and shorter. She said she was single again a couple of weeks ago. Maybe Zara knows a fun girl to set him up with. Having blue blood roots doesn't always ensure success. Lady Diana was a blue blood and she had troubles coping and she grew up in that world. Kate seems to be handling things well but she has had a 10 year apprentieship into things if you look at. Even now she is doing things slowly and she has Williams support. As long as Harry and the girl he marries really love each other then it shouldn't matter who he ends up with. Chelsy often looked a hot mess and seemed less then ladylike and I can see how being in the Royal family would restrict her partying. I think it will be awhile before he marries anyway he is having too much fun.

He was indeed, though he was quite far from the lines of succession to either of the thrones.

He was indeed, though he was quite far from the lines of succession to either of the thrones.

And, didn't he give up that title so he could become a naturalized British citizen?

Gosh Chelsy and Harry's on times seem to be getting shorter and shorter. She said she was single again a couple of weeks ago. Maybe Zara knows a fun girl to set him up with. Having blue blood roots doesn't always ensure success. Lady Diana was a blue blood and she had troubles coping and she grew up in that world. Kate seems to be handling things well but she has had a 10 year apprentieship into things if you look at. Even now she is doing things slowly and she has Williams support. As long as Harry and the girl he marries really love each other then it shouldn't matter who he ends up with. Chelsy often looked a hot mess and seemed less then ladylike and I can see how being in the Royal family would restrict her partying. I think it will be awhile before he marries anyway he is having too much fun.

For what it's worth - remember, it's the DM - Harry has declared he and Chelsy are off.

There's no Pippa Middleton fling, says '100 per cent single' Prince Harry, Royal family | Mail Online

Oh - I know this isn't the spot for it, but could someone tell me again how to post a link for a video so the video itself shows up in your post? :flowers: Thanks!

Last edited:
she is pretty... hubba hubba... :wub:

is this confirmed by other sources?? or is this still very much in the "maybe" column?

I'd say in the maybe column, but other people I've talked to are convinced Harry said he was 100% single so this Florence girl would know he was really over and done with Chelsy Davy so then she would become official with him.

Outside of this royal source no one else has confirmed it, but over the weekend Harry was apparently sneaking out of some girls flat and people are convinced it was Florence's place.

Last edited:
There are all sorts of articles out there now about Harry and the new girl - I don't know if they all just copied each other or they all found out at the same time. Have there been any pictures of the two of them together out there? She's pretty, but I've never heard of her - is she famous in England?

She's not famous but she is an aristocrat and really his 8th cousin they say.
They ask in the DM if the Queen will object because she posed in underwear.
That has really made me smile, that is how Kate attracted the heir to the heir's attention and in the end she managed to get him down the aisle.

I have high hopes for Harry and Florence. Her Hollywood plans might cause a few issues, but she's perfectly suitable. She seems more like Wife material than Chelsy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom