A Potential Wife for Prince Harry

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
what is the WAG look?

Oh I think I jus figured it out.Wild A,Girl?

The WAG is usually a Wife And Girlfriend (WAG) of a English Football Star. We have them in the States as well...usually with NBA stars, NFL players, etc. But in England they are in a class on their own. Think Victoria Beckham, Coleen Rooney. Though they have successful careers.

They are usually pretty, tanned, blond girls who mainly (from what I see) shop, have so so careers and hang out with their hubbies/boyfriends.

Chelsy has the look (although she is looking to have a law career). I think Nathalie was like that (although a brunette) but she had a career as a Hostess in some reality show...or somethign like that.

Hi, I'm new. I'd kind of like it if he married a pretty British commoner - someone who has no ties to royalty or even is an heiress to a lot of money. It won't happen, but that's who I'd like to see him with. At any rate, Chelsy has said she didn't like living in England - so if he did marry her would he be able to live outside of England full-time and still keep his place in line for the throne and all the perks that come with it?

Last edited:
Britlit said:
Hi, I'm new. I'd kind of like it if he married a pretty British commoner - someone who has no ties to royalty or even is an heiress to a lot of money. It won't happen, but that's who I'd like to see him with.

Why not? That's exactly the type of woman his brothers is marrying so it's conceivable he may as well, and technically isn't that the type of woman his father and Uncles married....

Some countries recognize common law marriage. Is South Africa or England one of these? If they didn't want to get married, could they enter into a common-law-marriage or a similiar type relationship if they chose to do this?

I don't think Harry will go the common law route.

He might wait a long time to get married ---- like his 30's but I can't imagine it.

Nor do I think that the British public will let (i.e. pay for his security) as a Prince Henry of Wales living in someplace that is not Britian. He certainly is financially well off that if he wanted to chuck his duty and heritage, give it all up, marry Chelsy and move to South Africa. Again, I don't think he will do that. He appears to be close to his dad and his brother, and since his brother is slated to King (after Charles of course)...if this comes to pass...he will not do a "David" and leave his brother alone to be King, and deal with everything on his own.

Why not? That's exactly the type of woman his brothers is marrying so it's conceivable he may as well, and technically isn't that the type of woman his father and Uncles married....

Maybe not the title part, but Kate is very wealthy and so is Chelsy. I don't think he'd be with anyone poor, though he might surprise me.

I like Princess Madeline. What would be Harry's title if he married her? Does anyone know?

Hi, I'm new. I'd kind of like it if he married a pretty British commoner - someone who has no ties to royalty or even is an heiress to a lot of money. It won't happen, but that's who I'd like to see him with. At any rate, Chelsy has said she didn't like living in England - so if he did marry her would he be able to live outside of England full-time and still keep his place in line for the throne and all the perks that come with it?

How would he meet her? He is done his schooling, so not Kates in his future. Unless she was in the military, but I don't see any soldier becoming a princess, maybe but little chance. The people who run in his circle, he goes to events with, hunts with, parties with, interacts with all either have connections or money. I don't see him falling for and marrying the waitress who serves him and his friends one night.

I like Princess Madeline. What would be Harry's title if he married her? Does anyone know?

Why would it change from being HRH Prince Henry of Wales?

She would be HRH Princess Henry of Wales - but as she was born an HRH in her own right would probably be referred to as HRH Princess Madelaine of Wales until Charles became King, at which time they would drop the 'of Wales' part of their styling.

Why would she change - because she is a woman and women lose their own styling on marriage as they take on their husbands - like Princess Marina technically ceased to be Princess Marina and became Princess George but was always referred to as Princess Marina (or The Duchess of Kent).

Philip's mother was Princess Alice when she married but from then on she was officially Princess Andrew of Greece - as she took on her husband's name and style.

Kate may be new blood, but her parents are rich. Diana was the daughter of an Earl. Both Camilla and Sarah came from wealthier families, with royal connections as well. Sarah's father managed Andrew's polo team, and Camilla came from a connected family, her maternal grandfather a baron. They may be commoners, Diana's father was not, but there were money and connections. THe OP wanted some completely common, unconnected girl with no money. How would they even meet?

Princess Madeline of Sweden!

A popular choice...but have they even met? Madeleine studied in London once...and didn't enjoy the paparazzi attention and left. She might have the look and the right touch (i.e. money and royal) but she doesnt like the attention. She doesn't even live in Sweden.

I don't think that is going to happen.

I don't see him falling for and marrying the waitress who serves him and his friends one night.

Actually, I can totally see that happening. :lol: Prince Harry has always struck me as a bit of "rebel" in the romance department. The only thing I can't see him doing is marrying someone in his close circle of friends. He strikes me as the type to be completely bored with dating the "expected girl."

I don't know why Harry won't have plenty of opportunities to meet all kinds of women. Among other places, he'll run across women during his charity work (isn't that how Prince Edward met Sophie?). I can see him marrying a strong, passionate charity worker. Just my two cents.

THe OP wanted some completely common, unconnected girl with no money. How would they even meet?
It could happen that Prince Harry meets a commoner with a humble background the way Crown Prince Haakon met Mette-Marit, CP Frederik met Mary and Peter Phillips met Autumn.
Through the normal course of daily life and commitments, friends they had in common, and through converging interests..

She would be HRH Princess Henry of Wales - but as she was born an HRH in her own right would probably be referred to as HRH Princess Madelaine of Wales until Charles became King, at which time they would drop the 'of Wales' part of their styling.

Since we are talking about near impossibilities. What about if Harry would go to Sweden with Madeleine? ;) Would he stay HRH Prince Henry of Wales, or would he become the Duke of .... can't remember now what Madeleine's Dutchy is called. :D

Why would she change - because she is a woman and women lose their own styling on marriage as they take on their husbands - like Princess Marina technically ceased to be Princess Marina and became Princess George but was always referred to as Princess Marina (or The Duchess of Kent).

Philip's mother was Princess Alice when she married but from then on she was officially Princess Andrew of Greece - as she took on her husband's name and style.

I thought his had to change to something else anyway after Prince William and Kate got married and started having children, though I'm not sure where I got the impression from. Though I suppose Prince Andrew is still Prince Andrew.

How would he meet her? He is done his schooling, so not Kates in his future. Unless she was in the military, but I don't see any soldier becoming a princess, maybe but little chance. The people who run in his circle, he goes to events with, hunts with, parties with, interacts with all either have connections or money. I don't see him falling for and marrying the waitress who serves him and his friends one night.

That's why I said in my original post that I knew it wouldn't happen. That's just who I would like to see him with.

All the inbreeding certainly did them no favor, let''s just keep it friendly that way. :whistling:

I thought the majority were quite attractive; they don't look like Hollywood starlets but they are equal to or better-looking than Chelsy Davy.

I know many people expect Harry to marry later in life, but I don't.
I think, with William off the market, Harry will miss him very much and will start wife-shopping in earnest.

Unlike his brother, he doesn't seem to have had many girlfriends before Chelsy; I think his next relationship will lead to the altar. JMO. :)

I guess I don't see Kate as an heiress in that sense so when the 'rich' part didn't factor in for me, why does everyone think Harry could never meet a regular girl? It could happen, who knows....maybe he'd meet a sister of a commrode or maybe a cousin of a friend or something. Just saying that since Kate didn't really have a royal connection aside from just mtg William, maybe Harry could meet someone like that too...

I have another question, if Harry married Chelsy and she inheritied millions, could they live off that? Or does the 'royal' lifestyle supercede her $? (hope this question makes sense)

William I believe at one time dated the daughter of Charles's manager (or something along those lines). And for all intents and purposes, Andrew married one as well.

So anything is really possible. Most people tend to meet their significant other as someone the go/went to school with, socialize with, work with or go to church with. Or are friends of a friend. Of course, there is that I met them at a club, dinner, event, etc. That is certainly plausible.

Meaning Harry can certainly meet his future wife at a club (so the club ladies have the right thinkig) or a polo match. If its someone who is tied to the military I am thinking maybe someone's daughter?

I see no reason why Harry couldn't live off Chelsy's millions but why should he when he has his own? I believe he has trusts from Diana, the Queen Mother, and the late Frances Shand Kydd (who supposedly left him a million pounds).

Since we are talking about near impossibilities. What about if Harry would go to Sweden with Madeleine? ;) Would he stay HRH Prince Henry of Wales, or would he become the Duke of .... can't remember now what Madeleine's Dutchy is called. :D

Gastrikland and Halsingland. I can't do the umlauts on my computer, but they're in there. So theoretically, he would be the same as Daniel, in that he'd be HRH Prince Henry, Duke of Gastrikland and Halsingland.

Sister Morphine said:
Gastrikland and Halsingland. I can't do the umlauts on my computer, but they're in there. So theoretically, he would be the same as Daniel, in that he'd be HRH Prince Henry, Duke of Gastrikland and Halsingland.

For him or her couldn't it go a bit like Caroline of Monaco's title- HRH Prince Henry,Duke of Gastrikland and Galsingland, hereditary Prince of Great Britian....something along those lines? But of course it's a hypothesis since Madeline and Harry probably will not marry

For him or her couldn't it go a bit like Caroline of Monaco's title- HRH Prince Henry,Duke of Gastrikland and Galsingland, hereditary Prince of Great Britian....something along those lines? But of course it's a hypothesis since Madeline and Harry probably will not marry

Hereditary Prince of Great Britain would imply that he's heir to the throne, and he's not. Caroline is at the moment heir to the throne of Monaco because Albert has no legitimate children. That will more than likely change after he and Charlene marry, though.

Normally when a prince and princess marry, she takes his titles/styles, not the other way around. One would assume that to marry Madeleine and live in Sweden and represent their royal family, Henry would have to renounce any titles/claims he has to the British throne first. So he would basically just be Henry Mountbatten-Windsor, and any titles he gains through marriage would be at the will and favor of Madeleine's father, the King. It would be similar to his grandfather, the Duke of Edinburgh.

Actually, I can totally see that happening. :lol: Prince Harry has always struck me as a bit of "rebel" in the romance department. The only thing I can't see him doing is marrying someone in his close circle of friends. He strikes me as the type to be completely bored with dating the "expected girl."

I don't know why Harry won't have plenty of opportunities to meet all kinds of women. Among other places, he'll run across women during his charity work (isn't that how Prince Edward met Sophie?). I can see him marrying a strong, passionate charity worker. Just my two cents.

Me too ! I would love for that to happen!:ROFLMAO:
I'm probably late as usual but has everyone seen the British GQ cover?:wub:

It could happen that Prince Harry meets a commoner with a humble background the way Crown Prince Haakon met Mette-Marit, CP Frederik met Mary and Peter Phillips met Autumn.
Through the normal course of daily life and commitments, friends they had in common, and through converging interests..

Peter has basically been raised not a member of the BRF so that was not surprising. The fact is though that Harry other than military, does not socialize with unconnected people. When he goes out, he hangs out with the aristocracy, or the rich, even if they are new blood rich like Kate's family. Yes it is possible, when he eventually does some charity work in the UK, he may end up like Edward meeting Sophie, but I'd not hold my breath on that. The fact is that no matter what a rebel people think he is, he knows what his possible wife will face, she may not be one day queen, but she'll be a Duchess, and as the daughter and then sister in law to a king, she'll have a huge role to fill. I know people keep looking at the Cinderella stories on the continent and hoping for another, but I think at the very least we will see someone like Kate.

I guess I don't see Kate as an heiress in that sense so when the 'rich' part didn't factor in for me, why does everyone think Harry could never meet a regular girl? It could happen, who knows....maybe he'd meet a sister of a commrode or maybe a cousin of a friend or something. Just saying that since Kate didn't really have a royal connection aside from just mtg William, maybe Harry could meet someone like that too...

I have another question, if Harry married Chelsy and she inheritied millions, could they live off that? Or does the 'royal' lifestyle supercede her $? (hope this question makes sense)

They don't have to be royally connected, but the sister of his rich friend is going to be rich isn't she?

And Chelsy's parents may be rich but the kind of money needed for all the royal engagements and such, I think you'd run through an inheritance quick.

Even if they married, hypothetically, and she came to GB, wouldn't he still be entitled to a position in Sweden? Or would she be forced to give up her title as Princess of Sweden on marriage? I mean Sweden has equal primogeniture, allowing for the husband to take his wife's rank, which usually doesn't happen. Daniel became a Prince of Sweden through his marriage. Would Harry be entitled to be a Prince of Sweden, or only if they married and remained in Sweden and not in the UK?

Last edited by a moderator:
melissaadrian said:
They don't have to be royally connected, but the sister of his rich friend is going to be rich isn't she?.

I said sister of a commrode and sorry I wasn't clear but I meant maybe someone in military with him, which we all know doesn't have to be rich ....

After this Oh No They Didn't! - Look at this GQ Royal MF! he will be getting even more proposes (btw, I don't know where to post this link, so if any of the moderators could help.... :) )

I too posted this picture but in a different thread:lol:! Great pictures though. It will help in the wife-hunting stakes. ;)

I agree with Iluvbertie's post about the unrealistic expectations placed on a royal bride but I just don't see Harry and Chelsy going the distance quite yet. That could change if they showed some stability in their relationship. I found the Daily Mail article quite weird because they claimed that Harry's prefers aristocrats and yet all the girlfriends I have heard of don't have any "royal blood." Oh well it is fun to speculate. I still prefer some unknown person for him.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom