A Potential Wife for Prince Harry

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know whether either of the two princes has the sort of "relationship skills" that a modern girl might want in a spouse? Can they cook especially well (I realize Prince Philip says no British woman can cook well, but I am actually wondering if there are exceptions - perhaps masculine ones? If Gordon R. can cook...)? Can they give a girl a massage? Are they interested in movies or art? What kind of music do they listen to? Can they dance? (If so, what kind?) I really don't know them well. I was wondering the same thing about their dad (and Camilla). Do any of them do these ordinary things?

In relationships I see, people try to enjoy common activities, sometimes with one spouse being up on finding great books to read, the other good movies that both will enjoy. Is this part of their life totally unknown?

Because it would be way easier to pick out a wife for Harry if I knew that kind of thing. (I think he would love a Polynesian beauty who was entertaining and a great dancer...and of course, a wonderful cook, with a good head for household finance).

Nobody except people close to the royals will know the answers to those kind of personal questions.
But they will probably have their meals cooked for them, and know the rudimentary "student" cooking skills.

Last edited by a moderator:
Didn't William say in his engagement interview he tried to cook for Catherine and almost set house on fire in college? Did he say she could cook, I thought I remembered he did.....so maybe he is learning :)

William mentioned in his engagement interview that he tried to impress kate with his cooking. They're both in the army so they'll have survival cooking skills I imagine. As for the other questions, only people who know the princes personally would be able to say.

We have seen William trying his hand at cooking in one of those interviews he did - leaving school or leaving uni. He said then that he couldn't cook.

The royals have BBQs at Balmoral.

Let's get back on topic...a wife for Prince Henry.

I know Princess Madeleine is currently dating but if she's invited to the wedding in April.... Well ok I can dream.

IMO, Madeleine is a Chelsy with a title.

:previous: :ermm: Would that be a good thing or a bad thing! :whistling:

IMO, a bad thing because Madeleine not only has the "Princess" mindset, she comes from the laidback SWF and personally wouldn't fit into the BRF.
Chelsy knows who she is and what she wants. Chelsy puts herself first, but knows that would need to change if she married Henry. Madeleine would be the opposite, IMO.

I know Princess Madeleine is currently dating but if she's invited to the wedding in April.... Well ok I can dream.

Thank you for the idea. I never even gave Madeleine a thought, I think she'll be perfect, but does Harry.

Last edited:
:previous: Not a chance! I think Madeleine is far and away too sophisticated and cosmopolitan for our Harry. Can you see her standing around the horses at endless polo games and then blithely waving him off for months at a time?

She is possibly a little too high maintenance and let's face it, in his military absences she would have no choice but to become a full-time working "royal" as she is more than a little over qualified for the job. Unfortunately she has emphatically demonstrated that that is not her desired future as her current sojourn in NY seems to be reinforcing.

MARG said:
:previous: Not a chance! I think Madeleine is far and away too sophisticated and cosmopolitan for our Harry.

Sophisticated, madeleine? Haha.

MARG said:
Can you see her standing around the horses at endless polo games and then blithely waving him off for months at a time?

I can see her doing that, in high fashion clothes complaining about the mud. ;)

MARG said:
She is possibly a little too high maintenance and let's face it, in his military absences she would have no choice but to become a full-time working "royal" as she is more than a little over qualified for the job. Unfortunately she has emphatically demonstrated that that is not her desired future as her current sojourn in NY seems to be reinforcing.

Now here we agree :)

Since William and Kate announced their engagement, Kate has been dissected and berated/applauded for any perceived similarity to Diana. A lot of people on this board have said that they don't want Kate to wear her jewelry, any tiara associated with her, go to her gym, visit any of her old haunts and, god forbid, wear any dresses by designers associated with her.

My question, out of curiosity, is whether or not these prohibitions relating to Diana extend to Harry's future wife? For those who care about Kate, do you care about Harry's wife in the same way? Or is she free to have associations with Diana? Can she wear, for example, the Cambridge Lover's Knot tiara without any fuss? Thanks. :)

^ When Diana married Charles she was going to be the future Queen of England... and Kate is now doing the same. Harry's wife won't be Queen unless William decides he doesn't want to be king or some freak accident happens.

Harry's future wife will have more freedom than Kate. There might be a few comparisons but I doubt it would be anything like the comparisons Kate is currently receiving.

Very well said. Chelsy will be compared to Diana but less than Catherine.

I'd have a different fear for Harry's wife (particularly if he ends up marrying Chelsy or someone similar just because she is already seen in many areas of the media as someone fun, free-spirited, up for a laugh etc etc.) Because whilst the media are seemingly happy to promote the Catherine/Diana comparisons I think they would also very easily fall into Harry's wife/Sarah Ferguson comparisons. You've got the link between Harry & Andrew being the 2nd sons with perhaps less pressure on them & more freedom as they, if everything goes to plan, should never be King. You'd have the free-spirited, fun wife, who perhaps causes the odd embarrassment (probably instigated by the press in some way).

I could just see lazy journalists basically pushing that image on whoever Harry marries even if she weren't like that at all just because it fits a nice idea for the media themselves. I could see a situation where Catherine "has to" be like a Diana replica for the media & everything she does gets compared back to Diana even if there is no attempt on Catherine's part to replicate Diana. Whilst Harry's wife would get the Sarah Ferguson treatment & constantly be almost expected to fall into that mould. I fear the media just won't let anyone marrying into the Royal Family just be their own person.

^ When Diana married Charles she was going to be the future Queen of England... and Kate is now doing the same. Harry's wife won't be Queen unless William decides he doesn't want to be king or some freak accident happens.

If that's all it is, interesting. It always seemed a bit more deep-rooted than that.

@rossop7 Chelsy may never marry Harry, but your fear is already playing out a bit. The papers seem to want another Sarah. Someone who is good fun and messy in public. In other words, a good story. If Harry marries a quiet academic or something in the future, I will laugh. Everyone cheer for Chelsy - Telegraph (Annoying article, not so much about Chelsy, but about the "type" the media wants for Harry)

If Harry should wed Chelsy, I think they will pretty much bow out, live in S.A. and have a nice life together. Personally, I don't think Harry will marry, just a gut feeling that might change over time. He is such an "Indiana Jones" and loves Africa so much. The sad thing is, among the many going-on-30-somethings I know, none appear as immature as Harry. Perhaps he is this way due to circumstance (not having to worry about money, etc.), or perhaps it is just the way he is. Either way, he is what he is and that's OK.

Harry's only 26, he's got plenty of time to settle down.

I don't think Harry should wed Chelsy. And I don't think he'll marry her in general. Harry needs to find someone who can reflect his concerns and feelings for the unfortunate. I don't see Chelsy as the type of girl that can mingle and thrive in Harry's situations. I think Harry will ultimately marry a woman who has a hardcore love of helping others, a woman who doesn't mind putting others before her, a woman who doesn't care what society thinks and a woman who doesn't mind getting dirty. I don't see that in Chelsy.

I hope Harry doesn't marry Chelsy, because I think it will not work out. What seems refreshing and free-spirited now will seem feckless and annoying if she becomes part of the RF.

Anyway, I really don't think she's even pretty; it may sound ridiculous to say about someone who's only 26, but she seems to be losing her youthful looks very fast.

Whoever Harry ends up with I just hope he keeps his next relationship as private for as long as he can so the girl and her family can't use the press to promote her and twist his arm into marrying her. In the end I hope he does't get backed into a corner and he marries who he truly wants to.

I don't think Harry should wed Chelsy. And I don't think he'll marry her in general. Harry needs to find someone who can reflect his concerns and feelings for the unfortunate. I don't see Chelsy as the type of girl that can mingle and thrive in Harry's situations. I think Harry will ultimately marry a woman who has a hardcore love of helping others, a woman who doesn't mind putting others before her, a woman who doesn't care what society thinks and a woman who doesn't mind getting dirty. I don't see that in Chelsy.

CrownPrincess that woman that you describes sounds like his mother. Hope Prince Henry finds someone like Diana, Princess of Wales without the baggage.:flowers:

I hope he marries someone completely opposite to his mother.

georgiea said:
CrownPrincess that woman that you describes sounds like his mother. Hope Prince Henry finds someone like Diana, Princess of Wales without the baggage.:flowers:

I think he'll marry someone totally different from his mother but yet she'll still possess those qualities I mentioned. A lot of men marry women like their mothers so I won't be surprised.

Whoever Harry ends up with I just hope he keeps his next relationship as private for as long as he can so the girl and her family can't use the press to promote her and twist his arm into marrying her. In the end I hope he does't get backed into a corner and he marries who he truly wants to.

Could not agree more. 26 is still young but I do wish he'd find someone and settle down a bit. Someone with the personality and work ethic of Maxima...but with better fashion sense. :whistling:
:goodluck:

SASSY said:
Could not agree more. 26 is still young but I do wish he'd find someone and settle down a bit. Someone with the personality and work ethic of Maxima...but with better fashion sense. :whistling:
:goodluck:

I have an old Vanity Fair from 2003 (I think it's 2003 - the one with William on the cover in a tux anyway!!) and they had a great picture of W.A. and Maxima and she looked so stunning!! She does have a lovely figure. Such potential - shame about the styling!

Yes, someone like Maxima might be what Harry needs, or maybe Chelsy will mature into someone like Maxima. Chelsy is just so young - it's hard to remember she must be bright if she's studying law when the majority of the pictures I see is of her on a pub crawl!!!. One can only hope that she matures and if she and Harry tie the knot one day that she will be a credit to the family.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom