The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-22-2013, 11:35 PM
Heir Apparent

That might resolve how he meets them - then what? can't take her out to the theatre or a restaurant, walk in the park, sports match - the press will be after them both.

I'm sure his friends rally round and help to keep things under wraps but it sounds like he needs to be a hermit!

It seems the Luxembourgs manage to court their wives without going to bars. we dont know that and the media frenzy does not exist in Luxembourg.

In the Uk he just has to be seen to talk to a woman and it's a romance. It sounds extreme because it is.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 01-22-2013, 11:43 PM
Courtier

Makes wonder at what kind of person can or is willing to take that on...

Old 01-22-2013, 11:47 PM
Serene Highness

Well, I think he needs to have weekends at royal homes, the way they do at Sandringham, for instance. where eligible ladies can be invited. Where the press cannot get on the grounds. I know, they have telephoto lenses. They should be able to think of something. I know it's extreme, the media situation, Cepe. Here in the US we have such insane tabloid coverage that tonight one of them is having Camilla telling the Queen she's too old and sick to rule, and another one has Catherine and Camilla in a catfight over something, all made up. At least here in America it may be legal to say anything at all?
Old 01-22-2013, 11:53 PM
Heir Apparent

When Charles was single, they used to do what you suggest - that's how Diana came on the scene via senior royals finding "eligible" ladies. They won't ever do that again.

Maybe William and Catherine will try a hand a match making once things settle down for them.

Speaking of bars - that's where Frederick found Mary, so it's not all bad.

Old 01-23-2013, 01:45 AM
Aristocracy

Let me have him, I'll put him on the straight and narrow. He'll be crying in his soup every night lmao.
Old 01-23-2013, 02:39 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe
When Charles was single, they used to do what you suggest - that's how Diana came on the scene via senior royals finding "eligible" ladies. They won't ever do that again.

Maybe William and Catherine will try a hand a match making once things settle down for them.

Speaking of bars - that's where Frederick found Mary, so it's not all bad.
Absolutely. I think the concept of a parade of suitable ladies being presented as possible matches is laughably archaic and really pretty regressive and disgusting.

I think Harry will meet someone in his own way on his own time, and he can take all the time he needs to do it.
Old 01-23-2013, 04:25 AM
Courtier

Yes, I think cdngirl should have him! :-) Henry probably likes Canada better than London anyway.
Old 01-23-2013, 04:56 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfricanAUSSIE View Post
I wonder if Harry has seen the recent photo of Chelsy with new boyfriend at Cape Town Airport? Wonder what he thinks????
I doubt he cares very much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariel View Post
Well, I think he needs to have weekends at royal homes, the way they do at Sandringham, for instance. where eligible ladies can be invited. Where the press cannot get on the grounds.
I hear the calls of "arranged marriage" there
Old 01-23-2013, 05:03 AM
Heir Apparent

Prince Harry: Who'd be brave enough to marry the royal? As he says no sensible woman would want to be his bride | Mail Online

My post in #1419 reinforced by this nasty piece.

Old 01-23-2013, 10:27 AM
Aristocracy

Thank you AA, I'm glad to see someone on my side.

Sigh Harry, let me say this slowly. I....AM...Senisble. Trust me you won't be sorry. Well...maybe a little bit. After a year you would probably relish some loonytune.
Old 01-23-2013, 11:30 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Makes wonder at what kind of person can or is willing to take that on...
Agreed - that prospect of unbridled press attention is going to attract (mostly) people that want the press coverage (narcissists) which, going by what he has said, is not the kinda gal that Harry finds attractive in the long run. And the Firm is not thrilled by the idea of taking on a media magpie either.
That which would attract a person to the consort role is the opposite of what is wanted and needed in the consort role, I think.
Old 01-23-2013, 08:33 PM
Courtier

And isn't it the big problem here? Henry will most likely have limited access to females who don't like the press attention. They would rightly stay away from him! Chelsy, I guess was the best candidate but unfortunately she couldn't put up with it and his immature antics. I think he may have missed out here...

cdngirl...you make me laugh!
Old 01-23-2013, 08:43 PM
Heir Apparent

Someone who can deal with a husband in the military, someone who can deal with media attention but not court it, someone with thick enough skin to deal with people gossiping about her, writing things that likely will not be true about herself and her family, able to deal with people commenting on everything she does or does not do and what she wears etc. Basically someone who loves him enough to put up with all the BS that comes with being a royal and yet carry on with both her public and her private life as if none of the other stuff exists.
Old 01-23-2013, 08:58 PM
Courtier

Not asking for much is it? WHERE IS SHE???

I say, I sure would not be willing to drag my family and friends through it just because I loved someone. And to then have my kids go through it too...Nah, forget it!
Old 01-23-2013, 10:17 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Not asking for much is it? WHERE IS SHE???

I say, I sure would not be willing to drag my family and friends through it just because I loved someone. And to then have my kids go through it too...Nah, forget it!
She certainly would have to be smart enough to marry him after
the "in-love" stage passes, and when the bloom is off the rose. Then she'd be able to assess whether she can deal with any of it.
Old 01-23-2013, 10:27 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post
She certainly would have to be smart enough to marry him after
the "in-love" stage passes, and when the bloom is off the rose. Then she'd be able to assess whether she can deal with any of it.
I feel really bad for Harry on that too- because at this point, any woman who enters his life is going to be seriously looked at as his potential wife. At least William had the advantage of meeting Kate when he was very young- it was understandable why a 20 or a 21 year old man would not be thinking about marriage yet. That, combined with the fact that they got to be flatmates before they started dating means he really got to get to know Kate with very little media pressure on the relationship. (Granted, it got really bad for them after they graduated college, particularly for her)
Old 01-23-2013, 10:41 PM
Serene Highness

Prince Harry just hasn't found the right woman yet. She's out there, he just hasn't found her although I like Chelsey as a potential wife for him.
Old 01-23-2013, 11:00 PM
Courtier

cdngirl is up for it, so what the hell is he doing waiting and looking? LOOK NO FURTHER HENRY BOY, SHE IS HERE!!! :-))
Old 01-23-2013, 11:14 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
cdngirl is up for it, so what the hell is he doing waiting and looking? LOOK NO FURTHER HENRY BOY, SHE IS HERE!!! :-))
Marry someone from TRF!!!!! What a great idea! We can all go to the wedding. Westminster filled with TRF posters!!!!

I'll buy them a toaster. And some bath towels.
Old 01-24-2013, 12:00 AM
Heir Presumptive

Maybe not a parade of suitable young women vetted by senior royals is for Harry, but meeting on the lam gold diggers in Las Vegas isn't so great either.

I like the idea of Will and Kate fixing him up. That has been done before...