The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #1361  
Old 08-21-2012, 09:42 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Melbourne & Sydney, Australia
Posts: 3,983
I wonder if Henry would be intersted in Swedish models...
__________________

__________________

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Reply With Quote
  #1362  
Old 08-22-2012, 12:00 AM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Elsewhere, United States
Posts: 16
Harry needs a woman in his life ASAP

Harry is W-I-L-D. And to a certain extent that is fine but he goes beyond just being a bad boy. His disrespect for history and for his reputation put a damper on my opinion of him.

He is very attractive but he has low-class behavior for someone who was born with a silver spoon in his mouth. I mean the fact of the matter is if you would of asked me growing up (I am the same age as Harry) if I could marry a real prince I would of laughed and said of course not. However, now I believe I would be too good for him. And I know that sounds egotistical of me but I have higher standards and morals and better decision making skills than him. And quite frankly I would be pretty embarassed if I was related him. We all have someone in our family like him but we just don't talk about it because we are private citizens.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1363  
Old 08-22-2012, 12:06 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Toronto (ON) & London (UK), Canada
Posts: 5,261
^^^^^

He probably would want a wife with a better sense of humour.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1364  
Old 08-22-2012, 12:09 AM
tihkon2's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Stafford, United States
Posts: 124
Eh...he'll settle down when he's good and ready, and obviously, he's not ready yet.

@ NGalitzine- LOL!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1365  
Old 08-22-2012, 12:13 AM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Elsewhere, United States
Posts: 16
If he married someone like himself he'd be divorced ASAP. Let's face it we are still in double standard times. If a princess behaved this way she'd be a total slut but since he is a guy he gets away with it.

Like I said I still think he is gorgeous and he has good qualities but he parties way too much IMO. I mean he is rich don't the rich have some sort of code to cover each other to make sure embarassing stuff like this doesn't get leaked out?

I can tell the family is waiting to see public reaction and because Harry is so attractive and single a lot of the women and girls are okay with it.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1366  
Old 08-22-2012, 12:13 AM
HRHHermione's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Boston, United States
Posts: 1,952
Quote:
Originally Posted by pearl1984 View Post
I mean the fact of the matter is if you would of asked me growing up (I am the same age as Harry) if I could marry a real prince I would of laughed and said of course not. However, now I believe I would be too good for him. And I know that sounds egotistical of me but I have higher standards and morals and better decision making skills than him.
Be that as it may, I personally think Harry's decision making skills would make him a lot more fun at parties.

Hopefully he meets someone who lets him be himself and who enjoys his fun loving nature.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1367  
Old 08-22-2012, 12:18 AM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: San Francisco, United States
Posts: 2,030
Quote:
Originally Posted by pearl1984 View Post
Harry is W-I-L-D. And to a certain extent that is fine but he goes beyond just being a bad boy. His disrespect for history and for his reputation put a damper on my opinion of him.

He is very attractive but he has low-class behavior for someone who was born with a silver spoon in his mouth. I mean the fact of the matter is if you would of asked me growing up (I am the same age as Harry) if I could marry a real prince I would of laughed and said of course not. However, now I believe I would be too good for him. And I know that sounds egotistical of me but I have higher standards and morals and better decision making skills than him. And quite frankly I would be pretty embarassed if I was related him. We all have someone in our family like him but we just don't talk about it because we are private citizens.
I am so happy for you to realize you are too good for Prince Harry. But remember Helen Gurley Brown..."good girls go to heaven, bad girls go everywhere"...
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1368  
Old 08-22-2012, 12:20 AM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Elsewhere, United States
Posts: 16
Hrh

I agree that whoever he gets married to needs to accept him as is and he needs to accept her as is. I just find his behavior to be immature. I mean if he did this in his early twenties I would say he is just a young guy but he is 27 now and closer to 30 and in my mind that is closer to settling down with someone and get married and start a family.

I will admit I am more traditional in my moral sense but I just think that nowadays everything in the media is just too much.

I do think Harry has a lot of good qualities but his partying ways are a complete turn off for me.

Whoever he does end up marrying nobody is going to like her because they are going to be jealous of her. It is what it is. Or if they somehow do end up liking her they will still be very critical of her and yet Harry seems to get free passes so I guess I am just annoyed by that.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1369  
Old 08-22-2012, 12:22 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Toronto (ON) & London (UK), Canada
Posts: 5,261
Quote:
Originally Posted by grevinnan View Post
I am so happy for you to realize you are too good for Prince Harry. But remember Helen Gurley Brown..."good girls go to heaven, bad girls go everywhere"...
She was so right
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1370  
Old 08-22-2012, 12:27 AM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Elsewhere, United States
Posts: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by grevinnan View Post
I am so happy for you to realize you are too good for Prince Harry. But remember Helen Gurley Brown..."good girls go to heaven, bad girls go everywhere"...
It's not really about good versus bad. It's about men getting free passes for trashy behavior and I know full well if it was a woman royal she would be insulted to high heaven for it. But because he is a guy in our society and he is attractive almost all the female population would jump at the chance to be with him. However, I bet he would be a hard partner to be with.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1371  
Old 08-22-2012, 12:33 AM
HRHHermione's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Boston, United States
Posts: 1,952
Quote:
Originally Posted by pearl1984 View Post
It's not really about good versus bad. It's about men getting free passes for trashy behavior and I know full well if it was a woman royal she would be insulted to high heaven for it. But because he is a guy in our society and he is attractive almost all the female population would jump at the chance to be with him. However, I bet he would be a hard partner to be with.
I agree with you about the gender equality issue here and that a woman would be much more harshly criticized, but I approach it the opposite way: by trying to promote the idea that we should be less critical of women and not more critical of men.

And I think I disagree with you about him being a hard partner to be with- by all appearances, he loved Chelsy very much and the general consensus is that relationship ended because she didn't want to be royal, not because Harry was a bad partner. I imagine he'll be a great husband when the time comes- he seems to have a good nature and be willing to make fun of himself and typically, people who don't take themselves too seriously are easy to get along with.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1372  
Old 08-22-2012, 12:48 AM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Elsewhere, United States
Posts: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
I agree with you about the gender equality issue here and that a woman would be much more harshly criticized, but I approach it the opposite way: by trying to promote the idea that we should be less critical of women and not more critical of men.

And I think I disagree with you about him being a hard partner to be with- by all appearances, he loved Chelsy very much and the general consensus is that relationship ended because she didn't want to be royal, not because Harry was a bad partner. I imagine he'll be a great husband when the time comes- he seems to have a good nature and be willing to make fun of himself and typically, people who don't take themselves too seriously are easy to get along with.
I think you might of misunderstood what I meant by hard partner. I am talking about the fact that his behavior while most on here think is silly I doubt his family thinks that and I mean mainly the Queen. Plus while he is single now I actually meant married life and family life. You have to be serious on some level and he just comes across and silly and immature...very gorgeous but I digress.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1373  
Old 08-22-2012, 12:53 AM
Moonmaiden23's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 4,385
I don't find Harry the least bit gorgeous or handsome but I do like him very much...a lot more than his big brother to be quite honest.

Anyway Harry is about as ready for marriage as his little cousin Viscount Severn is...in other words not at all.

I can't see Harry marrying until at least his mid-30's.
__________________
"Be who God intended you to be, and you will set the world on fire" St. Catherine of Siena
Reply With Quote
  #1374  
Old 08-22-2012, 12:56 AM
HRHHermione's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Boston, United States
Posts: 1,952
Quote:
Originally Posted by pearl1984 View Post
I think you might of misunderstood what I meant by hard partner. I am talking about the fact that his behavior while most on here think is silly I doubt his family thinks that and I mean mainly the Queen. Plus while he is single now I actually meant married life and family life. You have to be serious on some level and he just comes across and silly and immature...very gorgeous but I digress.
No, I understood it. I just disagree. Harry is more than capable of being serious, articulate and dignified when he's in a situation that requires it and he's demonstrated that many times. He also lets loose and has fun when he's with his friends hanging out in Las Vegas. That's basically why Las Vegas exists.

I have no doubt that he's also capable of being an excellent, attentive and interesting partner when he's with someone he cares about. I also have no doubt that while the Queen would prefer these scandals not happen, that she understands how insanely difficult it is on her grandchildren to live in a world where every move they make is scrutinized by the world.

Honestly, this whole incident says more about the people that betrayed his trust and sold his image than it does about Harry.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1375  
Old 08-22-2012, 01:02 AM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Elsewhere, United States
Posts: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
I agree with you about the gender equality issue here and that a woman would be much more harshly criticized, but I approach it the opposite way: by trying to promote the idea that we should be less critical of women and not more critical of men.

And I think I disagree with you about him being a hard partner to be with- by all appearances, he loved Chelsy very much and the general consensus is that relationship ended because she didn't want to be royal, not because Harry was a bad partner. I imagine he'll be a great husband when the time comes- he seems to have a good nature and be willing to make fun of himself and typically, people who don't take themselves too seriously are easy to get along with.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
No, I understood it. I just disagree. Harry is more than capable of being serious, articulate and dignified when he's in a situation that requires it and he's demonstrated that many times. He also lets loose and has fun when he's with his friends hanging out in Las Vegas. That's basically why Las Vegas exists.

I have no doubt that he's also capable of being an excellent, attentive and interesting partner when he's with someone he cares about. I also have no doubt that while the Queen would prefer these scandals not happen, that she understands how insanely difficult it is on her grandchildren to live in a world where every move they make is scrutinized by the world.

Honestly, this whole incident says more about the people that betrayed his trust and sold his image than it does about Harry.
Well then can we agree to disagree about the whole partner point. I respect your opinion as I have a right to my own as well.

I do agree and tried to put that point out there and you are the first to address it. His "friends" aren't real friends. I do think the footage of him with Ryan Lochte is pretty cool. That would of been fun to see. From the footage they had it was kinda far out. I figured he would hang out with other rich kids so basically no one IMO probably "needed" the money so they did it just for the scandal. I'd be switching my cell # if I was him.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1376  
Old 08-22-2012, 01:02 AM
soapstar's Avatar
Serene Highness - Picture of the Month Representative - Britain
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Hermosa Beach (CA), United States
Posts: 1,166
Quote:
Originally Posted by pearl1984 View Post
It's not really about good versus bad. It's about men getting free passes for trashy behavior and I know full well if it was a woman royal she would be insulted to high heaven for it. But because he is a guy in our society and he is attractive almost all the female population would jump at the chance to be with him. However, I bet he would be a hard partner to be with.
I have to agree with you about the free pass. Chelsy has been called trashy and people think she's not suitable for the BRF just because she liked to party. I even remember Pippa being called loose or something when she was hanging out in Paris with a few of her guy friends.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1377  
Old 08-22-2012, 01:07 AM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Elsewhere, United States
Posts: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by soapstar View Post
I have to agree with you about the free pass. Chelsy has been called trashy and people think she's not suitable for the BRF just because she liked to party. I even remember Pippa being called loose or something when she was hanging out in Paris with a few of her guy friends.
Chelsy got raked over the coals for her behavior by everyone, the gossip on her was ridiculous! I think she is the female Harry in a lot of ways. They would of made a good match but I wouldn't choose that life either and yet if you are madly in love with someone I just don't know. LOL. They were together for YEARS and that is a lot. Maybe they will get back together someday.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1378  
Old 08-22-2012, 01:12 AM
Moonmaiden23's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 4,385
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
No, I understood it. I just disagree. Harry is more than capable of being serious, articulate and dignified when he's in a situation that requires it and he's demonstrated that many times. He also lets loose and has fun when he's with his friends hanging out in Las Vegas. That's basically why Las Vegas exists.

I have no doubt that he's also capable of being an excellent, attentive and interesting partner when he's with someone he cares about. I also have no doubt that while the Queen would prefer these scandals not happen, that she understands how insanely difficult it is on her grandchildren to live in a world where every move they make is scrutinized by the world.

Honestly, this whole incident says more about the people that betrayed his trust and sold his image than it does about Harry.
I am sitting here nodding my head. I totally agree with you.

But, I must say I am alarmed that Harry, a man in his late twenties who has been all over the world and seen active duty in the Middle East, is apparently so trusting.

Why would he let complete strangers into his hotel suite to party? Where the HELL were his bodyguards??!
__________________
"Be who God intended you to be, and you will set the world on fire" St. Catherine of Siena
Reply With Quote
  #1379  
Old 08-22-2012, 01:14 AM
HRHHermione's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Boston, United States
Posts: 1,952
Quote:
Originally Posted by pearl1984 View Post
Chelsy got raked over the coals for her behavior by everyone, the gossip on her was ridiculous! I think she is the female Harry in a lot of ways. They would of made a good match but I wouldn't choose that life either and yet if you are madly in love with someone I just don't know. LOL. They were together for YEARS and that is a lot. Maybe they will get back together someday.
I liked Chelsy and they did seem good for each other. Perhaps they will end up back together one day.

It's got to be really hard for him- trying to meet someone and not knowing who's interested in him and who's interested in his position, plus knowing that any relationship he has will be the subject of intense scrutiny.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1380  
Old 08-22-2012, 01:20 AM
soapstar's Avatar
Serene Highness - Picture of the Month Representative - Britain
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Hermosa Beach (CA), United States
Posts: 1,166
I don't think the protection officers are allowed to step in unless Harry is in immediate danger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pearl1984 View Post
Chelsy got raked over the coals for her behavior by everyone, the gossip on her was ridiculous! I think she is the female Harry in a lot of ways. They would of made a good match but I wouldn't choose that life either and yet if you are madly in love with someone I just don't know. LOL. They were together for YEARS and that is a lot. Maybe they will get back together someday.
She definitely got a lot of crap. That's why I don't blame her for deciding to walk away from the relationship. I do think she and Harry were a good match, but I don't know if they will ever get back together. It seems they have both moved on.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Titles and Styles of Harry, his Future Wife and Children Aussie Princess Prince Harry and Prince William 1070 Today 12:53 AM
Prince Harry 'Walking With the Wounded' Expedition to the North Pole Mar-Apr 2011 Rosapru Prince Harry and Prince William 40 04-27-2011 01:29 PM




Additional Links
Popular Tags
birth charlene chris o'neill crown prince felipe crown prince haakon crown princess letizia crown princess mary current events danish royals diana duchess of cambridge fashion dutch royal history engagement fashion grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri infanta cristina infanta elena infanta leonor infanta sofia king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander olympics ottoman palace poland pom prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince felipe prince felix prince floris princess princess alexia (2005 -) princess anita princess ariane princess beatrix princess catharina-amalia princess charlene princess laurentien princess letizia princess mabel princess madeleine princess margriet princess marie princess marilene princess mary princess of asturias queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit visit wedding william


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

RV & Travel Trailer Communities

Our RV & Travel Trailer sites encompasses virtually all types of Recreational Vehicles, from brand-specific to general RV communities.

» More about our RV Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002-2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:19 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]