The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #1241  
Old 05-30-2012, 09:59 AM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: alpine village, Germany
Posts: 1,804
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breffney View Post
Rightly or wrongly my impression of her being "trashy" has been formed by the tabloid pictures of her falling out of nightclubs. When I see that I tend to link her with those Z-List celebs who appear in "The Only Way is Essex" or programmes of that nature.
Okay, her fashion style is something she must work on anyway, as soon as she finished her education and starts building a serious career for herself. It remains to be seen if she does that at all, but if she does, she will have a "serious" image, that should not be a problem.

Okay, her name really is not regal but she might change that, too. Just like Harry will change in the upcoming years and become more serious as an officer, a gentleman and a prince of the realm. There will be a day when (probably) his father will grant him a peerage, no matter if he then already has a wife or not. Maybe he meets and falls for one of those German princesses or Italian countesses or Spanish grandee's daughters who come to London? Or find a nice French girl like la belle Marie of Denmark? Or an Aussie girl like CP Mary of Denmark? When the time is right, Harry will either marry Chelsy or somebody else he can love. Till then he is just the spare and the heir is already married and willing to start his family. So why bother about Harry?
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1242  
Old 05-30-2012, 10:18 AM
KittyAtlanta's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: KittyLand Junction, United States
Posts: 2,841
Harry is quite important at this juncture. If there should be no Cambridge children or something untoward happens to William, he is next. He is VERY important.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1243  
Old 05-30-2012, 10:25 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Leitrim, Ireland
Posts: 559
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemisia View Post
With respect, what pictures of Chelsy falling out of nightclubs?
I cannot recall any; in fact, she appeared to always be composed, even if she were partying till late at night (as most people of her age would).
I don't have the media articles to hand. However, if you google "Chelsy Davy drunk" there are some images, not necessarily falling out of a nightclub" but ...

I appreciate that what I would view as drunken behaviour others may interpret as having a good time.

https://www.google.ie/search?tbm=isc....0.gUcsAaD3RnY
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1244  
Old 05-30-2012, 10:40 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Melbourne & Sydney, Australia
Posts: 3,983
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
Harry is quite important at this juncture. If there should be no Cambridge children or something untoward happens to William, he is next. He is VERY important.
And so is his choice of bride, if and when that time comes.
__________________

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Reply With Quote
  #1245  
Old 05-30-2012, 10:46 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Leitrim, Ireland
Posts: 559
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kataryn View Post
Okay, her fashion style is something she must work on anyway, as soon as she finished her education and starts building a serious career for herself. It remains to be seen if she does that at all, but if she does, she will have a "serious" image, that should not be a problem.
I totally agree that her fashion style and image needs some work.

Quote:

Okay, her name really is not regal but she might change that, too.
Ironically, given that I have described her as trashy, I would hope that she doesn't feel the need to change her name to a more refined version of Chelsy. It's not that I especially like the name but it is the one her parents gave her and which she has been known by.

Kate "upgrading" herself to "Catherine" really irked me. She was known to everyone as "Kate" for almost 29 years. !!! Now, it's not good enough. Bah. !!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1246  
Old 05-30-2012, 11:31 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Melbourne & Sydney, Australia
Posts: 3,983
I much prefer Catherine myself. And was it not Buckingham Palace or Clarance House that addressed the use of her given name?
__________________

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Reply With Quote
  #1247  
Old 05-30-2012, 11:32 AM
miche's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: N/A, United States
Posts: 527
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breffney View Post
I totally agree that her fashion style and image needs some work.



Ironically, given that I have described her as trashy, I would hope that she doesn't feel the need to change her name to a more refined version of Chelsy. It's not that I especially like the name but it is the one her parents gave her and which she has been known by.

Kate "upgrading" herself to "Catherine" really irked me. She was known to everyone as "Kate" for almost 29 years. !!! Now, it's not good enough. Bah. !!
Kate upgrading herself to Catherine? That her birth name, people have nickname but them using their birth name doesn't mean their upgrading themselves. According to the press people started calling her Kate in college.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1248  
Old 05-30-2012, 11:33 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Toronto (ON) & London (UK), Canada
Posts: 5,261
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breffney View Post
Kate "upgrading" herself to "Catherine" really irked me. She was known to everyone as "Kate" for almost 29 years. !!! Now, it's not good enough. Bah. !!
Apparently "known" by everyone except her own family. In her parents home she was Catherine which is in fact her name.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1249  
Old 05-30-2012, 11:47 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Leitrim, Ireland
Posts: 559
Quote:
Originally Posted by miche View Post
Kate upgrading herself to Catherine? That her birth name, people have nickname but them using their birth name doesn't mean their upgrading themselves. According to the press people started calling her Kate in college.
Upgrading may not be the right word. However, if she had married Joe Bloggs would she have started using the "Catherine" version of her name. ? Somehow, I doubt it.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1250  
Old 05-30-2012, 11:50 AM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: alpine village, Germany
Posts: 1,804
Quote:
Originally Posted by miche View Post
Kate upgrading herself to Catherine? That her birth name, people have nickname but them using their birth name doesn't mean their upgrading themselves. According to the press people started calling her Kate in college.
Even if William speaks of her in public as "Kate" - the DoE has been known to call his wife sometimes "Tigerlily" in public but she still is Elizabeth for the rest of us not related or friends with her, isn't she?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1251  
Old 05-30-2012, 11:51 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Leitrim, Ireland
Posts: 559
Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
Apparently "known" by everyone except her own family. In her parents home she was Catherine which is in fact her name.
I'm amazed that they didn't fall in line with William who called her "Kate".
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1252  
Old 05-30-2012, 12:01 PM
miche's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: N/A, United States
Posts: 527
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breffney View Post
Upgrading may not be the right word. However, if she had married Joe Bloggs would she have started using the "Catherine" version of her name. ? Somehow, I doubt it.
It's not a version of her name since that is her name. And plenty of regular Jane do the same thing
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1253  
Old 05-30-2012, 12:04 PM
miche's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: N/A, United States
Posts: 527
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kataryn View Post
Even if William speaks of her in public as "Kate" - the DoE has been known to call his wife sometimes "Tigerlily" in public but she still is Elizabeth for the rest of us not related or friends with her, isn't she?
She is and Will, Billy, Wombat is still William to the rest of us.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1254  
Old 05-30-2012, 12:06 PM
miche's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: N/A, United States
Posts: 527
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breffney View Post
I'm amazed that they didn't fall in line with William who called her "Kate".
He also call her Catherine at times too. Why in the world would a family ever fall in line with what the boyfriend/husbands call their daughter/sister?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1255  
Old 05-30-2012, 12:10 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Leitrim, Ireland
Posts: 559
Quote:
Originally Posted by miche View Post
It's not a version of her name since that is her name. And plenty of regular Jane do the same thing
Yes, they do including 2 friends of mine. A guy called Richie, after getting a big promotion, wished to be known as Richard. A girl called Bridie wished to be known as Bridget after she, too, got a big promotion.

Having known them both for 20 years they were and are still Richie and Bridie to me and 99% of their colleagues. !!

Anyway, I have strayed us off topic.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1256  
Old 05-30-2012, 12:15 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Leitrim, Ireland
Posts: 559
Quote:
Originally Posted by miche View Post
He also call her Catherine at times too. Why in the world would a family ever fall in line with what the boyfriend/husbands call their daughter/sister?
Ah, but this wasn't any old boyfriend. ! This was the future King.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1257  
Old 05-30-2012, 12:21 PM
Tsar bobo Iv's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: knoxville, United States
Posts: 249
i hope does wed soon since he wants 2 have kids
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1258  
Old 05-30-2012, 12:24 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Leitrim, Ireland
Posts: 559
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsar bobo Iv View Post
i hope does wed soon since he wants 2 have kids
I think that Harry will be a great dad.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1259  
Old 05-30-2012, 12:26 PM
Osipi's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 3,892
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breffney View Post
Ah, but this wasn't any old boyfriend. ! This was the future King.
To be honest, I'm willing to bet that after initially meeting William, the aspect of being a future king was just something in the background and as they (Will and Kate) grew closer, he became more like another member of the family.

I would think too that this is what Harry will hope to find with the one woman he decides to settle down with. I don't see Harry going for a celebrity type glitzy type but someone who is down to earth, loves him for who he is. To be honest, I'd not be surprised if who he marries is a bit like Camilla.

I think we'll be pleasantly surprised if/when he does make the big announcement.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1260  
Old 05-30-2012, 12:49 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Leitrim, Ireland
Posts: 559
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
To be honest, I'm willing to bet that after initially meeting William, the aspect of being a future king was just something in the background and as they (Will and Kate) grew closer, he became more like another member of the family.
Becoming another member of the family, yes, that is very true.

But the reality of who he was and what becoming a part of his family would mean for their daughter and themselves has to have been in their minds.

Quote:

I would think too that this is what Harry will hope to find with the one woman he decides to settle down with. I don't see Harry going for a celebrity type glitzy type but someone who is down to earth, loves him for who he is. To be honest, I'd not be surprised if who he marries is a bit like Camilla.

I think we'll be pleasantly surprised if/when he does make the big announcement.
I agree with you. We know that Harry is very fond of Kate and is really happy for William that he is part of this very close family. I can well imagine that he would love something similar for himself.

He made a comment in an interview recently about hoping to find a girl who was willing to take on the job. That kind of saddened me. Chelsy wasn't willing and, God knows, I don't blame her. It isn't for everyone.

Maybe, like Guillaume of Luxembourg and Friedrich of Prussia, he will seek out someone from the aristocrasy, someone who is familiar with the lifestyle and isn't fazed by the restrictions that it can bring. ?
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Titles and Styles of Harry, his Future Wife and Children Aussie Princess Prince Harry and Prince William 1110 07-12-2014 10:00 PM
Prince Harry 'Walking With the Wounded' Expedition to the North Pole Mar-Apr 2011 Rosapru Prince Harry and Prince William 40 04-27-2011 01:29 PM




Additional Links
Popular Tags
birth charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit current events duchess of cambridge dutch royal history fashion genealogy grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta sofia jordan king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg nobility olympic games olympics ottoman picture of the month poland pom president hollande president komorowski prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince felipe prince floris prince pieter-christiaan princess anita princess astrid princess beatrix princess charlene princess laurentien princess mabel princess madeleine princess margriet princess marilene princess mary princess mary fashion princess of asturias queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal royal fashion russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit sweden visit wedding winter olympics 2014



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:44 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]