A Potential Wife for Prince Harry

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
While Harry will always be a member of the royal family, he is planning a career in the Army which would be a 20 year or more commitment.

Excuse me? Where did you hear that?

...Military marriages have a higher divorce rate, at least in the US. A person may not be willing to take on the double edge sword of royal plus military to marry Harry.

Military WOMEN have a higher divorce rate while in service, not military men.

Harry may or may not get married.

Huh? I was thinking he has to get married at some point and have children. I know he isnt really in line for the throne but I thought it is expected that he have a family as well. I dont know where I got that from but am I right or wrong?

Huh? I was thinking he has to get married at some point and have children. I know he isnt really in line for the throne but I thought it is expected that he have a family as well. I dont know where I got that from but am I right or wrong?

He doesn't have to get married if he doesn't wish to, nor does he have to have children.
If something drastic happens to William, such as he passes before having children or has no children, then Henry will inherit where a succession issue may become urgent. If he doesn't have an heir in that situation, Beatrice gets the throne.

It is obviously highly preferred that Henry marry and have children, just in case. There is the side point that Henry seems to be a family man, he gets along with children so well and I can't imagine him being stud all his life.

Ah, I see. Thank you for helping me understand that. Well lets hope he does find someone and have kids. Wouldnt they just be adorable? I know, I cant imagine him being single either.

There is the side point that Henry seems to be a family man, he gets along with children so well and I can't imagine him being stud all his life.

Considering his remarks lately I get the impression he is only a stud because he has no family and if he were given the choice between being a stud and having a family he'd choose the last.

Considering his remarks lately I get the impression he is only a stud because he has no family and if he were given the choice between being a stud and having a family he'd choose the last.

From what I've seen of Harry and his rapport with children, I would imagine that someday he'll want to have some of his own. I also think he's going to be quite choosy and want the prefect Ms. Right for him as he'll want something that is enduring with the closeness that William and Kate have.

I'm confused, what remarks? And he has a family, one he is remarkably very close to.

Didn't he say, not to long ago, he always wanted children even at a very young age? He has said he'd really like to find someone to share everything with. And if I remember it right he said he doesn't go out anymore since he is "too old".

And I meant a family of his own. You know wife and children.

Osipi said:
From what I've seen of Harry and his rapport with children, I would imagine that someday he'll want to have some of his own. I also think he's going to be quite choosy and want the prefect Ms. Right for him as he'll want something that is enduring with the closeness that William and Kate have.

I think he'll be a wonderful father. He really does enjoy the company of children and is able to relate to them.

Harry needs a woman in his life ASAP

Harry is W-I-L-D. And to a certain extent that is fine but he goes beyond just being a bad boy. His disrespect for history and for his reputation put a damper on my opinion of him.

He is very attractive but he has low-class behavior for someone who was born with a silver spoon in his mouth. I mean the fact of the matter is if you would of asked me growing up (I am the same age as Harry) if I could marry a real prince I would of laughed and said of course not. However, now I believe I would be too good for him. And I know that sounds egotistical of me but I have higher standards and morals and better decision making skills than him. And quite frankly I would be pretty embarassed if I was related him. We all have someone in our family like him but we just don't talk about it because we are private citizens.

^^^^^

He probably would want a wife with a better sense of humour.

Eh...he'll settle down when he's good and ready, and obviously, he's not ready yet.

@ NGalitzine- LOL!

Last edited:
If he married someone like himself he'd be divorced ASAP. Let's face it we are still in double standard times. If a princess behaved this way she'd be a total slut but since he is a guy he gets away with it.

Like I said I still think he is gorgeous and he has good qualities but he parties way too much IMO. I mean he is rich don't the rich have some sort of code to cover each other to make sure embarassing stuff like this doesn't get leaked out?

I can tell the family is waiting to see public reaction and because Harry is so attractive and single a lot of the women and girls are okay with it.

I mean the fact of the matter is if you would of asked me growing up (I am the same age as Harry) if I could marry a real prince I would of laughed and said of course not. However, now I believe I would be too good for him. And I know that sounds egotistical of me but I have higher standards and morals and better decision making skills than him.

Be that as it may, I personally think Harry's decision making skills would make him a lot more fun at parties.

Hopefully he meets someone who lets him be himself and who enjoys his fun loving nature.

Harry is W-I-L-D. And to a certain extent that is fine but he goes beyond just being a bad boy. His disrespect for history and for his reputation put a damper on my opinion of him.

He is very attractive but he has low-class behavior for someone who was born with a silver spoon in his mouth. I mean the fact of the matter is if you would of asked me growing up (I am the same age as Harry) if I could marry a real prince I would of laughed and said of course not. However, now I believe I would be too good for him. And I know that sounds egotistical of me but I have higher standards and morals and better decision making skills than him. And quite frankly I would be pretty embarassed if I was related him. We all have someone in our family like him but we just don't talk about it because we are private citizens.
I am so happy for you to realize you are too good for Prince Harry. But remember Helen Gurley Brown..."good girls go to heaven, bad girls go everywhere"...

Hrh

I agree that whoever he gets married to needs to accept him as is and he needs to accept her as is. I just find his behavior to be immature. I mean if he did this in his early twenties I would say he is just a young guy but he is 27 now and closer to 30 and in my mind that is closer to settling down with someone and get married and start a family.

I will admit I am more traditional in my moral sense but I just think that nowadays everything in the media is just too much.

I do think Harry has a lot of good qualities but his partying ways are a complete turn off for me.

Whoever he does end up marrying nobody is going to like her because they are going to be jealous of her. It is what it is. Or if they somehow do end up liking her they will still be very critical of her and yet Harry seems to get free passes so I guess I am just annoyed by that.

I am so happy for you to realize you are too good for Prince Harry. But remember Helen Gurley Brown..."good girls go to heaven, bad girls go everywhere"...

It's not really about good versus bad. It's about men getting free passes for trashy behavior and I know full well if it was a woman royal she would be insulted to high heaven for it. But because he is a guy in our society and he is attractive almost all the female population would jump at the chance to be with him. However, I bet he would be a hard partner to be with.

It's not really about good versus bad. It's about men getting free passes for trashy behavior and I know full well if it was a woman royal she would be insulted to high heaven for it. But because he is a guy in our society and he is attractive almost all the female population would jump at the chance to be with him. However, I bet he would be a hard partner to be with.

I agree with you about the gender equality issue here and that a woman would be much more harshly criticized, but I approach it the opposite way: by trying to promote the idea that we should be less critical of women and not more critical of men.

And I think I disagree with you about him being a hard partner to be with- by all appearances, he loved Chelsy very much and the general consensus is that relationship ended because she didn't want to be royal, not because Harry was a bad partner. I imagine he'll be a great husband when the time comes- he seems to have a good nature and be willing to make fun of himself and typically, people who don't take themselves too seriously are easy to get along with.

I agree with you about the gender equality issue here and that a woman would be much more harshly criticized, but I approach it the opposite way: by trying to promote the idea that we should be less critical of women and not more critical of men.

And I think I disagree with you about him being a hard partner to be with- by all appearances, he loved Chelsy very much and the general consensus is that relationship ended because she didn't want to be royal, not because Harry was a bad partner. I imagine he'll be a great husband when the time comes- he seems to have a good nature and be willing to make fun of himself and typically, people who don't take themselves too seriously are easy to get along with.

I think you might of misunderstood what I meant by hard partner. I am talking about the fact that his behavior while most on here think is silly I doubt his family thinks that and I mean mainly the Queen. Plus while he is single now I actually meant married life and family life. You have to be serious on some level and he just comes across and silly and immature...very gorgeous but I digress.

I don't find Harry the least bit gorgeous or handsome but I do like him very much...a lot more than his big brother to be quite honest.

Anyway Harry is about as ready for marriage as his little cousin Viscount Severn is...in other words not at all.

I can't see Harry marrying until at least his mid-30's.

I think you might of misunderstood what I meant by hard partner. I am talking about the fact that his behavior while most on here think is silly I doubt his family thinks that and I mean mainly the Queen. Plus while he is single now I actually meant married life and family life. You have to be serious on some level and he just comes across and silly and immature...very gorgeous but I digress.

No, I understood it. I just disagree. Harry is more than capable of being serious, articulate and dignified when he's in a situation that requires it and he's demonstrated that many times. He also lets loose and has fun when he's with his friends hanging out in Las Vegas. That's basically why Las Vegas exists.

I have no doubt that he's also capable of being an excellent, attentive and interesting partner when he's with someone he cares about. I also have no doubt that while the Queen would prefer these scandals not happen, that she understands how insanely difficult it is on her grandchildren to live in a world where every move they make is scrutinized by the world.

Honestly, this whole incident says more about the people that betrayed his trust and sold his image than it does about Harry.

No, I understood it. I just disagree. Harry is more than capable of being serious, articulate and dignified when he's in a situation that requires it and he's demonstrated that many times. He also lets loose and has fun when he's with his friends hanging out in Las Vegas. That's basically why Las Vegas exists.

I have no doubt that he's also capable of being an excellent, attentive and interesting partner when he's with someone he cares about. I also have no doubt that while the Queen would prefer these scandals not happen, that she understands how insanely difficult it is on her grandchildren to live in a world where every move they make is scrutinized by the world.

Honestly, this whole incident says more about the people that betrayed his trust and sold his image than it does about Harry.

Well then can we agree to disagree about the whole partner point. I respect your opinion as I have a right to my own as well.

I do agree and tried to put that point out there and you are the first to address it. His "friends" aren't real friends. I do think the footage of him with Ryan Lochte is pretty cool. That would of been fun to see. From the footage they had it was kinda far out. I figured he would hang out with other rich kids so basically no one IMO probably "needed" the money so they did it just for the scandal. I'd be switching my cell # if I was him.

I have to agree with you about the free pass. Chelsy has been called trashy and people think she's not suitable for the BRF just because she liked to party. I even remember Pippa being called loose or something when she was hanging out in Paris with a few of her guy friends.

I have to agree with you about the free pass. Chelsy has been called trashy and people think she's not suitable for the BRF just because she liked to party. I even remember Pippa being called loose or something when she was hanging out in Paris with a few of her guy friends.

Chelsy got raked over the coals for her behavior by everyone, the gossip on her was ridiculous! I think she is the female Harry in a lot of ways. They would of made a good match but I wouldn't choose that life either and yet if you are madly in love with someone I just don't know. LOL. They were together for YEARS and that is a lot. Maybe they will get back together someday. :)

I am sitting here nodding my head. I totally agree with you.

But, I must say I am alarmed that Harry, a man in his late twenties who has been all over the world and seen active duty in the Middle East, is apparently so trusting.

Why would he let complete strangers into his hotel suite to party? Where the HELL were his bodyguards??! :bang:

Chelsy got raked over the coals for her behavior by everyone, the gossip on her was ridiculous! I think she is the female Harry in a lot of ways. They would of made a good match but I wouldn't choose that life either and yet if you are madly in love with someone I just don't know. LOL. They were together for YEARS and that is a lot. Maybe they will get back together someday. :)

I liked Chelsy and they did seem good for each other. Perhaps they will end up back together one day.

It's got to be really hard for him- trying to meet someone and not knowing who's interested in him and who's interested in his position, plus knowing that any relationship he has will be the subject of intense scrutiny.

I don't think the protection officers are allowed to step in unless Harry is in immediate danger.

She definitely got a lot of crap. That's why I don't blame her for deciding to walk away from the relationship. I do think she and Harry were a good match, but I don't know if they will ever get back together. It seems they have both moved on.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom