The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-05-2011, 03:12 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
In regards to the success/failure rate of royal/commoner marriages as opposed to those of royal/royal marriages ....I don't think a true comparison can be made right now.

Royal Commoner have only become popular in the last fifty years or so (they did happen in the past) but let's face it......you were married until death parted you. And history has shown that a several royal royal marriages were not happy, and if things were different they too might have ended in divorce as well.
That is very true Zonk but I wasn't really talking about happy marriages, just that when a commoner-royal marriage goes wrong the commoner side gets out, at least that is what has happened. The royals are more stoic and take the sense of being royal more seriously and I believe they think it is their duty to stay in the marriage happy or not. Whether this is good or not I have no idea, but as this is a new phenomenon I suppose it is glimpse of what is to come and probably it won't be long before monarchies are a thing of the past.

Old 06-05-2011, 03:26 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
In regards to the success/failure rate of royal/commoner marriages as opposed to those of royal/royal marriages ....I don't think a true comparison can be made right now.

Royal Commoner have only become popular in the last fifty years or so (they did happen in the past) but let's face it......you were married until death parted you. And history has shown that a several royal royal marriages were not happy, and if things were different they too might have ended in divorce as well.
Several royal /royal marriages ended in divorce and this is not a phenomenon of the last 50 years. Even in the last century many marriages ended because one or both parties either found someone else or wanted to end the union.
Although I agree that royal/commoner marriages have not been tested over a long period of time, imho the commoner who enters into a royal family has more adjustments, more restrictions, more learning that those who were born in this lifestyle.
It takes a strong, very dedicated, mature and deeply in love person to survive and thrive.

Old 06-05-2011, 03:40 PM
Administrator

I am not saying that divorces in royal circles never occured they were just extremely rare. Remember the scandals that occured when a royal divorced?! For every Ducky, Stephanie and Marie Louise, who were basically ostraciszed for a time (except Marie Louise) there was the Duke and Duchess of Edinburgh or Victoria's daughter, Louise who just grinned and bared it.

Divorce is more common now in all aspects of society. Women (and men) in certain social classes didn't divorce either...they just led separate lives. Divorced people were frowned on by the British court. Let's face it, society and the relaxation of certain social norms has led to an increase in living together before marriage, having babies without getting married and divorces.

Old 06-05-2011, 04:02 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odette View Post
Somehow I do not think P Harry is ready for marriage and Chelsy either plays too hard to get or is truly a woman who expects more in a marriage than a title.
The fact that she leaves the UK to go back home or vacation with friends away/without the prince is telling. She does not expect him to make her life complete.
Independence aside, it might be something very simple: Chelsy does not like the public scrutiny and the personal nature of commentary about her. Truth to say, who among us - not raised to be immured to such - would find such pleasant? On a daily basis? She did not shine at the wedding and might that not have stung? She might be a sensitive sort - she is young - and is seen negatively, interpreted negatively. Beatrice and Eugenie make a game of it - but Chesy is a regular girl - being dissed on such a large scale, well.....

Would it not be one of the ironies of irony were Prince Harry to marry eventually one day and have Chelsy 'on the side' as his mistress? Its quite possible she would marry him like a shot were he not a prince. I saw a shot of Chelsy at the church during the William and Kate nuptials and she did not look happy. I know the chatter was that she was the worse for a night of partying - but one cannot be so sure. Maybe she was looking at the reality she would have to deal with and wants nothing to do with it. It must be a surreal experience in that swirl of cameras and critique.
Old 06-05-2011, 06:08 PM
Aristocracy

Well, as of yesterday the DM is saying that Harry and Chelsy are off again - so off they're in different countries. They might be on again in the future, but at this point I don't see them getting married. I picture Harry ending up with someone from Africa and blonde - he seems to prefer older, blonde women from Africa. I don't see him getting married very soon, but the army might change him in that regard - that and his brother getting married.
Old 06-05-2011, 08:20 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myself1995 View Post
I picture Harry ending up with someone from Africa and blonde - he seems to prefer older, blonde women from Africa.

What women are you thinking of?
Other than Chelsy, what older blonde woman from Africa has Harry dated?
Old 06-05-2011, 08:56 PM
Aristocracy

I can't think for the life of me.. who Harry should or even could marry.

other than commoners.. what sort or royals & other nobility / aristocracy is available ?

Princess Madeleine.. extremely unlikely.. she's older and she seems to be hung on hanging out the with the Wall Street jet set crowd. A poor choice
in my opinion .. most of them are crooks.

Princess Alexandra of Luxembourg. She is super-cute and I hear she's really nice but she's also super-young.. only turned 20 a few months ago and hasn't finished college yet.. but who knows...

maybe someone from Monaco ???

other than that.. it would have to be some lesser nobility in the U.K. A lady of some kind.. I'm drawing blanks...
Old 06-05-2011, 09:23 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
What women are you thinking of?
Other than Chelsy, what older blonde woman from Africa has Harry dated?

Oh - just Chelsy, I suppose, he has been with her since she was 19. Other than rumors she's the only girlfriend we know he's had. But his uncle's family all live in Africa.
Old 06-06-2011, 02:28 AM
Aristocracy

Alexandra of Luxembourg is a catholic so a no no, I doubt she would ever convert.
The Monaco family are not royal (but that doesn't seem to matter nowadays) but they are catholic and that does.
If not Chelsy I would like Prince Harry to wait until he is much more mature and his partying and young man activities are behind him.
Old 06-06-2011, 06:04 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
I am not saying that divorces in royal circles never occured they were just extremely rare. Remember the scandals that occured when a royal divorced?! For every Ducky, Stephanie and Marie Louise, who were basically ostraciszed for a time (except Marie Louise) there was the Duke and Duchess of Edinburgh or Victoria's daughter, Louise who just grinned and bared it.

Divorce is more common now in all aspects of society. Women (and men) in certain social classes didn't divorce either...they just led separate lives. Divorced people were frowned on by the British court. Let's face it, society and the relaxation of certain social norms has led to an increase in living together before marriage, having babies without getting married and divorces.
Oh Zonk I may not be a teenager but I cannot remember the scandal that occured when Ducky got divorced...
Joking aside, the old time royals imho had a much higher tolerance for all sorts of scandal but kept it to themselves. Between homosexual husbands, official mistresses, illegitimate children and all sorts of other pecadillos in between, the current royals seem like choir boys compared to their august ancestors...
Old 06-06-2011, 06:07 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by expat View Post
Alexandra of Luxembourg is a catholic so a no no, I doubt she would ever convert.
The Monaco family are not royal (but that doesn't seem to matter nowadays) but they are catholic and that does.
If not Chelsy I would like Prince Harry to wait until he is much more mature and his partying and young man activities are behind him.

There is a large number of German princesses available but they prefer to stay with their own kind and marry aristocrats themselves..
Harry is too young imho to marry, besides the hurdle is not to find a wife (which he can easily do) but to stay married to her and have a happy life..
Old 06-06-2011, 09:29 AM
Heir Presumptive

I think he should look for a wife among the Glosse Posse.
He knows they can be trusted not to talk to the press, they are used to court circles, They are also mostly well-born and well-educated.
Harry needs to find someone who is compatible and will fit into his lifestyle.
Old 06-06-2011, 11:47 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by expat View Post

yeah.. I forgot about that.. nuts..
Old 06-06-2011, 02:00 PM
Aristocracy

It is a bit antiquated, and strange because they can marry Muslim, Jew, Buddhist etc etc but not Roman Catholic. Even stranger is the fact that the senior noble duke is a catholic and there are so may in the court. Even Camilla's ex husband and her children are. The Duchess of Kent, one of her sons. What a confusion.
Old 06-06-2011, 07:12 PM
Aristocracy

Is Chelsy Good for Harry and The Royal Institution? No

Chelsy seems to have an overpowering personality which is good for the Court Room not a Royal Court. Is she good for Prince Harry I do not think so I perceive all hell breaking loose if she becomes part of the Royal Establishment.

She is a lawyer who would not be an actress. Harry will pull every hair from his head he would not need to go bald naturally.
Old 06-06-2011, 07:25 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyger View Post
Independence aside, it might be something very simple: Chelsy does not like the public scrutiny and the personal nature of commentary about her. Truth to say, who among us - not raised to be immured to such - would find such pleasant? On a daily basis? She did not shine at the wedding and might that not have stung? She might be a sensitive sort - she is young - and is seen negatively, interpreted negatively. Beatrice and Eugenie make a game of it - but Chesy is a regular girl - being dissed on such a large scale, well.....

Would it not be one of the ironies of irony were Prince Harry to marry eventually one day and have Chelsy 'on the side' as his mistress? Its quite possible she would marry him like a shot were he not a prince. I saw a shot of Chelsy at the church during the William and Kate nuptials and she did not look happy. I know the chatter was that she was the worse for a night of partying - but one cannot be so sure. Maybe she was looking at the reality she would have to deal with and wants nothing to do with it. It must be a surreal experience in that swirl of cameras and critique.

I hate the idea that Harry is always the one with the potential mistress. For all we know William could be the one or neither for that matter. Let's hope for a successful marriage for all.

I will say for Chelsy that she looks and dresses how she pleases. I personally find that more appealing that Kate who I feel does everything to "fit in." Not trying to turn this into a Chelsy vs. Kate thread but I feel like the comparisons will always be there no matter who Harry is with. For example: Harry's wife vs. William's wife.

I don't actually think that Chelsy and Harry will walk down the aisle because their relationship is so volatile. Maybe when Harry starts dating someone else, if he does, then we can see him in a different light. I believe that he has the potential to be a very devoted husband because he seems to be such a passionate character. As for his other behavior I say let him play the field. He is not married and still young. He can settle down when he gets there. Better to play now when single than get married and start playing then. Right?! After all if Chelsy doesn't like his behavior she can always dump him!

Harry is such a rebel though I don't see him marrying someone that people expect him to. I just wish that he finally gets some happiness and stability in his life. If he did I think his whole behavior would improve.
Old 06-08-2011, 04:22 PM
Serene Highness

Cele|bitchy » Blog Archive » Ginger Love: Adele wants to have a “night out” with Prince Harry

Adele wants a date with Harry. Please do babe, bring some of your sassy flawlessness and your music to The Firm.
Old 06-08-2011, 05:46 PM
Heir Apparent

Adele is just beautiful. I think she should get her wish.
Old 06-09-2011, 03:19 PM
Aristocracy

This seems like a good place for this article.

So when are you getting married? Chelsea pensioner, 85, makes Prince Harry blush as Harry replies ‘Not for a long time'

Read more: Prince Harry blushes as Chelsea pensioner asks him when he's getting married | Mail Online
Old 06-10-2011, 12:34 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myself1995 View Post
This seems like a good place for this article.

So when are you getting married? Chelsea pensioner, 85, makes Prince Harry blush as Harry replies ‘Not for a long time'

Read more: Prince Harry blushes as Chelsea pensioner asks him when he's getting married | Mail Online
I heard this as well. I think a match with Chelsy is getting more remote by the day.