A Potential Wife for Prince Harry

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel it will be a quite a ways off before Harry marries; probably not until W&K have a couple of children. By that time (as I think Kate will put it off as long as possible), the succession will be secure and Harry can marry a rugged woman and live in Africa. That woman might be Chelsey and it might not.

Like it or not, Catherine cannot put it off for long. She knows her duty is to produce an heir to the throne and they only have two years before The Queen expects both to take on a heavier schedule of public duties.

Harry is still the son of a future Sovereign and has a duty to marry appropriately and fulfill his responsibilities to help carry the load. Not doing so will mean letting his father or brother down and I don't think that's going to happen.

I highly doubt that Harry would marry a rugged woman and go live in Africa. If he was Frederick Windsor maybe, but not as the son of the Prince of Wales. If he marry a rugged woman he will still live in Britain and perform his duties like his uncles and aunt

You make them sound as if they are ready for the nursing home!! They are only 30 years old[...]

Quite so. :D Still, it feels like they wasted a lot of good years - she was clearly committed to him. When I looked at that retrospective it struck me as sad. Only my opinion.

I don't have the media articles to hand. However, if you google "Chelsy Davy drunk" there are some images, not necessarily falling out of a nightclub" but ...

I appreciate that what I would view as drunken behaviour others may interpret as having a good time.

https://www.google.ie/search?tbm=is...0.7.7.0.251.1735.0j8j2.10.0...0.0.gUcsAaD3RnY

Honestly, I don't know. (For sure there are the famous 2 or 3 snaps but as for the rest who knows what's going on). She clearly has absolutely no interest in the camera - plays up to it not at all. Clearly could care less what we think of her. She has a soulful look - and is generally quite provocative - a warm. earthy, cuddly sort, not afraid to show herself to her friends, but totally not interested in the camera. Very interesting, actually.

Question stands: where are the pictures of her dashing to work? Where are they? Nowhere - why? - because they don't sell.

Last edited:
Question stands: where are the pictures of her dashing to work? Where are they? Nowhere - why? - because they don't sell.

Good point. I can only recall one picture. It was maybe two years ago. She had her hair tied back / in a sort of chignon. I'm almost certain she was wearing a navy suit. ??

It can't be from two years ago, since she started working in September of 2011

I like Chelsy, but I don't think she will marry him. She seems like she wants a career and a normal life which is fine. It is sad for me to see Harry alone though and considering his comments he doesn't like it either. I'm excited to see the girl he choses. I know some people expect some wild, over-the-top girl, but I don't get that feeling. I think she'll be fun and outgoing, but not quite what people, at least the press, want or expect which is another Fergie or some scadalous girl to rake over the coals and compare to Kate. As someone commented earlier, I like she will be like Kate, different of course, but someone as willing to sacrifice and fulfill the role and be supportive.

I highly doubt that Harry would marry a rugged woman and go live in Africa. If he was Frederick Windsor maybe, but not as the son of the Prince of Wales. If he marry a rugged woman he will still live in Britain and perform his duties like his uncles and aunt

Freddie Windsor??? You're comparing Harry with Freddie Windsor!?!? Freddie married an actress and they don't live in Africa, they live in Los Angeles. I get your point, but I had to read between the lines (more than once). LOL

It can't be from two years ago, since she started working in September of 2011

I could have sworn that it was longer than that. Did she do any internship work or anything prior to commencing work. ?

I'll check around on Google and see if I can find a picture. Then again it could have been in "Hello" magazine that I saw it. ?

Breffney said:
I could have sworn that it was longer than that. Did she do any internship work or anything prior to commencing work. ?

I'll check around on Google and see if I can find a picture. Then again it could have been in "Hello" magazine that I saw it. ?

In December 2008, she interned for Farrer & Company. In 2009, Davy transitioned as an intern for another firm, Allen & Overy.

In December 2008, she interned for Farrer & Company. In 2009, Davy transitioned as an intern for another firm, Allen & Overy.

You're a star. !! Yes, the picture that I saw has to have been while she was heading to work / intern with one of those two firms.

Now that I have names it might be easier to locate a picture. :flowers:

Last edited:

That face - she's not a beauty in the normal sense - but with that face and a body that won't quit - proof are the looks by the workmen - its no wonder Harry might find it hard to forget her.

I recall an anecdote told about Chelsey and Kate in the dating years. Apparently, both brothers were attending the same party or function and were coming with their dates. William came with Kate and while Kate was pretty (for sure) and smiling and pleasant - the observation was that when Harry showed up with Chelsey the room ignited. Chelsey was friendly, warm and personable in a way Kate could not be compared to. From the story one had the impression that Chelsey had a natural 'wow' factor, a charisma, that turned heads, set the energy pulse in motion.

Subsequently, the two girlfriends kept pace in the press - seen as the two possible future wives of the brothers - and in all that I had the impression that the two women did not get along (or was that a spin suggested by one of the tabloids just to pepper the pot?) They were being compared - and Chelsey went from a bright-young-thing, totally natural, unselfconscious and happy (it seemed) to what we saw at the wedding of William and Kate.

We cannot know Chelsey's journey - but I think we can surmise that Chelsey takes her relationship/friendship with Harry seriously - lover, former-lover or friend - she is one of his intimate circle, who knows him well and is loyal to him. She does not grant interviews and does not speak about her life or her relationships. That counts for something in my book.

If she decided to marry Harry - I suspect she would make him happy and would be a charismatic Duchess. Problem is - as so many say - she has surmised the life-style of a royal is something she is not willing to sustain - not that she couldn't do it and do it well - but for whatever reason it is a sufficent negative that cancels out marriage-thoughts with Harry. I think she was given a pretty good inside view of the situation for a while and sadly decided that it was a no-go. In Chelsey's case, I think we have a woman who loves/loved the man but not the title.

BTW - I do recall pictures of Chelsey within the last year that showed Chelsey well-turned out. Instead of acknowledging that she was dressed for work and entering a restaurant after work to have some time with friends - there were questions about why she was so well-dresed - was she trying to get Harry back, or some such. That's as far as it went.

Personally. I think being 'just friends' and a 'non-couple' works for them - gives Chelsey a normal life - and is the way it is until they say otherwise.

Last edited:
Chelsy is too charismatic for royal life, and too independent. She would not want to fit herself into a mold. I doubt she'd want the continual tabloid nonsense either, esp. now that the readers are permitted to comment.

I find her to be particularly harsh looking in appearance. Not conventionally pretty nor delicate.

In many closeups I've seen of her, her skin looks rather dry and weathered. I'd be surprised if she were to age gracefully. Too much sun exposure and excessive smoking is a sure way to make someone resemble a dried up prune by the time they are 40+. Nor would have the said lifestyle helped deter those puffy bags under her lower eyelids which are evident in nearly every photograph.

As for the colouration of her hair, is this her natural tone? I think an alteration of colour would do her some favours, visually.

Now I know nothing of the woman's personality and will not endeavour to critique her on it, but outwardly she does not (imo) resemble a figure I would ever be likely to warm too in my capacity as an interested onlooker/ monarchist.

Last edited:
The problem I find with Chelsy is while that onlooker said it was Chelsy who ignited the room we mostly see her looking less then her best and usually with a sour look on her face. I don't think most people would find Chelsy as approachable as Kate and then we have Chelsy's family issues which is possibly another reason for her reluctance to enter the Royal Family. I do think she has shown a lot of smarts to realise she won't make a good working royal, I am sure she would be great at the parties etc but she doesn't seem like a girl who likes her life planned out for her a year in advance. It took her 2 or 3 years to even start her own job in a law firm who wouldn't even have looked at her if it wasn't for Harry. So she has gained from the relationship. I just hope they both move on and don't look back. I keep getting flashes of the then Sarah Ferguson joining the family and how wonderful and different she was to Diana. That worked out well didn't it?

I keep getting flashes of the then Sarah Ferguson joining the family and how wonderful and different she was to Diana. That worked out well didn't it?

Certainly we cannot use either of the above mentioned ladies as a mark of success. Fortunately Sophie of Wessex is the saving grace for an otherwise troubled bunch of one time in-laws.

Last edited:
I just think Chelsy probably feels that royal life is not what she wants. Much as I'm sure she loves Harry, for a girl like Chelsy, who apparently has ambitions career-wise, life in a gilded cage being told what she can and can't do is just not up her street.

She's from a wealthy family anyway, and has a good job that'll allow her to enjoy the finer things in life. She knows she could well find someone just as charismatic and as rich as Harry, but who comes without the baggage of a life of duty allied with zero privacy.

All this is pure conjecture on my part. Let's face it, none of us know what their relationship was/is like, what caused an end to their relationship, or even what Chelsy is really like. I don't think either Chelsy or Harry are in any rush to tell us the answers to these questions either.

Better that she knows it now than get married and find out later that it's not the right lifestyle for her and wind up divorced.

Last edited:
Better that she knows it now than get married and find out later that it's not the right lifestyle for her and wind up divorced.

Excellent point, Baroness. So much heartache might have been avoided if certain royal couples had taken a long, dispassionate look at where they wanted their lives to go before walking down the aisle.

I find her to be particularly harsh looking in appearance. Not conventionally pretty nor delicate.

Hardly 'harsh' - she is never pleased to see the camera - and maybe that is why you experience her as 'harsh'? She's usually giving the photographer the 'hairy eyeball'. :p

Certainly not delicate, I agree there - but she is attractive in my book. Definitely photogenic. She is what one would call 'smoldering'.

Chelsy in 2007

To quote myself :p : She has a soulful look that is quite provocative - and shows herself in photos as a warm, earthy, cuddly sort, not afraid to show herself to her friends, but totally not interested in the camera. Very interesting, actually. She has a megawatt smile.

She reminds me of another South African - Princess Charlene of Monaco - whose face in repose looks soulful, too, and unsettles some observers.

In many closeups I've seen of her, her skin looks rather dry and weathered. I'd be surprised if she were to age gracefully. Too much sun exposure and excessive smoking is a sure way to make someone resemble a dried up prune by the time they are 40+. Nor would have the said lifestyle helped deter those puffy bags under her lower eyelids which are evident in nearly every photograph.

I won't go into details but there are a couple of current princesses whose skin is far from flawless. They deal with it very adeptly - usually with make-up, of course - and also by how much skin they allow to be uncovered. Many royals have significant flaws that they camouflage - but given what you are saying, I wonder - if you knew exactly what the particular royals are doing to make you think they are 'beautiful' and 'perfect' - would you then think them 'harsh' and not worthy of being royal?

What does any of your analysis of Chelsy - if even accurate, which I don't think it is - is of any relevance regarding her relationship and possible marriage to Harry?

As for the colouration of her hair, is this her natural tone? I think an alteration of colour would do her some favours, visually.

I thought she was a natural blond - why should she color it?

Now I know nothing of the woman's personality and will not endeavour to critique her on it

That's good because apparently one man - namely, Harry - who knows her quite well - well enough to have loved her we may assume - and who is for many an example of empathy and discernment - invited her into his royal circle. Perhaps Harry has badly fallen down in his discernment with Chelsy? A momentary lapse of judgment?

outwardly she does not (imo) resemble a figure I would ever be likely to warm too in my capacity as an interested onlooker/ monarchist.

Well, you could do worse. Personally, I think if she bought into 'the show' side of her role if married to Harry, she would do well. I base that on the authenticity I sense as evident in her character because of her consistent lack of interest in the camera. She's intriguing just for that alone.

The problem I find with Chelsy is while that onlooker said it was Chelsy who ignited the room we mostly see her looking less then her best and usually with a sour look on her face.

The onlooker was reporting his experience of Chelsy - its an interesting one because we seem to have a derth of information about her.

Agree that she is not 'courting' the camera whatsoever. Nope. That alone makes me like her. Any woman who sees a camera pointed at her and scowls - how refreshing! Another Princess Anne! Ha!

I don't think most people would find Chelsy as approachable as Kate

Of that you can't really speak. From the one first-hand report, Chelsy was the one who was approachable and engaging, who naturally put people at their ease. Kate was the one who was shy and distant and less relaxed. We needn't hang too much on that one time - so many factors could have been playing into the event. Its simply an interesting observation. (I wish I could find the article - though I haven't looked).

and then we have Chelsy's family issues which is possibly another reason for her reluctance to enter the Royal Family.

Of that I know nothing. Sounds sad, though. I guess 'too normal' for even Harry who wants to have a normal life? Yet my understanding is that Harry did ask her to marry - is that true? if so, he doesn't care - but she declined, or after a serious conversation they decided it wasn't a go. Did she decline because of her family? If so, how sad. What are the 'family issues'?

I am sure she would be great at the parties etc

Why? What makes you think she would be 'great at the parties'? Someone who is studying and working to be a lawyer doesn't have much party time - but clearly knows how to be focussed and serious.

It took her 2 or 3 years to even start her own job in a law firm who wouldn't even have looked at her if it wasn't for Harry.

We know this? It took her so long to get a job yet it was because of Harry that she got it? If Harry has that kind of pull (I doubt he does) why didn't it happen that she got a job lickety-split? Because she was lazy - its a circular argument in which Chelsy has her role as leech/lazy. This is the character assassination that the tabloids like to engage in, blithly ignoring the consequences to people's lives.

So she has gained from the relationship.

Has she? What has she gained? How do you know she has gained? Why can't you believe that Chelsy has won her career position based on her own merit and hard work?

I keep getting flashes of the then Sarah Ferguson joining the family and how wonderful and different she was to Diana. That worked out well didn't it?

Sarah is not - and never was - a rocket scientist. Nor has Prince Andrew been known for being fond of hitting the books. Like found like.

Comparing Chelsy to Sarah is an enormous disservice to the young woman. She is proving to be far from a superficial dilettante. She has a career and is doing the hard work that it requires to make it successful. I for one wish her well. She is not in an easy profession.

The Sarah/Diana situation is a whole 'nother kettle of fish, naught to do with Chelsy - or Kate - both of whom are university educated women.

Last edited:

This is a very valid point. I think that marriage is a lifelong commitment and before jumping into the said commitment, the couple needs to really weigh all the options. If the decision is made in haste, then more than likely, there may be some very unpleasant surprises down the road that may end up causing more harm than good.

Hardly 'harsh' - she is never pleased to see the camera - and maybe that is why you experience her as 'harsh'? She's usually giving the photographer the 'hairy eyeball'.
Certainly not delicate, I agree there - but she is attractive in my book. Definitely photogenic. She is what one would call 'smoldering'.

Her appearance to me is harsh, I stand by that comment wholeheartedly.

It also has nothing to do with the presence of a camera. Without or without flash makes little difference imo.

Smoldering? Now that is quite the praise. Each to their own.

She reminds me of another South African - Princess Charlene of Monaco - whose face in repose looks soulful, too, and unsettles some observers.

Interesting association. I certainly find her quite unlike the Princess of Monaco from an external point of view.

I also find it interesting how people can read so much into an indavidual's character ('soul') from a distance and bridge a likeness between people or form opinions based on what they see yet those who form opinions on an indavidual's appearance (and done so without cause for insult) are often considered to have questionable motives.

What does any of your analysis of Chelsy - if even accurate, which I don't think it is - is of any relevance regarding her relationship and possible marriage to Harry?

Indeed, and no less than your own observations as all any of us can do is form an indavidual opinion. An opinion which is, as has been pointed out previously, unrelated to the indavidual themselves and is thus subject to being either accurate or inaccurate. That you speak well of her character (which is to me interesting as I'd imagine she is unknown to you personally) does not then qualify your opinion as being more worthy than my own. We are merely addressing this discussion from two different angles.

I can only make observations on a surface level, which is why I maintain a surface level of critque. I do not think she appears particularly noble in appearance and I find that important. Of course she isn't noble in any case, but for me, there are certain qualities or attributes to a persons appearance I pay close attention too which is I'm sure influenced by my choice of occupation. Others may not share such sentiment to the degree that I do and that's perfectly fine. It does not phase me but it does not discredit my opinion in any way either.

I won't go into details but there are a couple of current princesses whose skin is far from flawless. They deal with it very adeptly - usually with make-up, of course - and also by how much skin they allow to be uncovered. Many royals have significant flaws that they camouflage - but given what you are saying, I wonder - if you knew exactly what the particular royals are doing to make you think they are 'beautiful' and 'perfect' - would you then think them 'harsh' and not worthy of being royal?

Firstly, I don't recall stating anyone to be perfect (your words, not mine) and beauty is subjective. I don't find Chelsy particularly pretty nor physically charming. That's life. She'll live.

As for the rest, the answer is obvious given that most princesses have faciliated a public image and have themselves spoken at length about a variety of matters. It's natural that opinions regarding someones personality or character can be better substantiated in this way.

I understand that Chelsy, as is currently the case, remains a private citizen and she is under no obligation to disclose any part of her life for media consumption. Nor would it be appropriate to do so. As stated she may be a lovely young woman, but judging by appearances alone, I'm far from smitten. Is that harsh? Perhaps to some, but it's also an honest evaluation according to me. Again, no less "important" or "relevant" than anyone elses opinion on this forum.

Furthermore, there was no mention of other royals, nor should they brought into the discussion as Chelsy is not a royal. My observations are my own and I affirm that I find her complexion of poor quality. I higlighted various reasons which are known to have adverse effects on the health of an indavidual's skin. I believe her choice of lifetsyle has affected, to some degree, her appearance.

I thought she was a natural blond - why should she color it?

Because I think it would serve her well. Issue?

That's good because apparently one man - namely, Harry - who knows her quite well - well enough to have loved her we may assume - and who is for many an example of empathy and discernment - invited her into his royal circle. Perhaps Harry has badly fallen down in his discernment with Chelsy? A momentary lapse of judgment?

Oh did I question Henry's right to find her attractive, harbour genuine feeling for her or welcome her into his inner circle of confindates? Do remind me where I stated as such.

Last edited:
Her appearance to me is harsh, I stand by that comment wholeheartedly.

Interesting association. I certainly find her quite unlike the Princess of Monaco from an external point of view.

I agree with you on these points. Here in Ireland we would say that she looks rough.

eyelids which are evident in nearly every photograph.

So do I; that bleached out blonde with dark roots is an unattractive look on anybody, and it's seen all the time! (The Spencer girls use it too).
Nothing natural about it.

If she were to darken it to a honey blonde color, it would look less harsh and aging. Even a warm brown would be nice.

Last edited:
So do I; that bleached out blonde with dark roots is an unattractive look on anybody, and it's seen all the time! (The Spencer girls use it too).
Nothing natural about it.

If she were to darken it to a honey blonde color, it would look less harsh and aging. Even a warm brown would be nice.

Yes, I think the hair colour is adding to what I call a rough / harsh appearance.

I think that a warm brown would look amazing on her.

She reminds me of an English soap actress, same bleached, blonde, harsh looking appearance. A few months ago the actress ditched the blonde look in favour of a warm brown colour. The transformation was incredible. She looks younger, prettier and very classy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom