A Potential Wife for Prince Harry

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Everything can happen. Religion doesn't matter if there's love. When you fall in love with a person, the last thing you mind is his/her religion.
They would be such a good looking couple. I don't know if it would work, not because of religion, but because of their different life style.

Everything can happen. Religion doesn't matter if there's love. When you fall in love with a person, the last thing you mind is his/her religion.
They would be such a good looking couple. I don't know if it would work, not because of religion, but because of their different life style.

While for everyday people I agree with you, for the BRF it's another matter entirely. For Harry (or anyone) to marry a Catholic, the Catholic party must either convert to Anglicanism or the other must renounce their place in the line of succession. So while it's incredibly ridiculous that it matters, it does.

Even thought I'm not from the UK and don't have a dog in that fight, I would like to see the Act of Settlement done away with. It think it's silly that a Catholic can't rule England. I don't like the idea of state religions and am entirely grateful that by law, the US will never have one.

Last edited:
^Yes, that is quite...silly. That a catholic can't rule. After all, it wouldn't be the catholic person per se, but her/his husband who is protestant. But oh well...
I was thinking in Alexandra of Luxembourg but she is catholic too, and i don't have any other option, except for Ella Windsor, but i don't know how many degrees separates her from Harry in blood line.

I hope Prince Harry ends up with Chelsey. But, if not, I also like Charlotte Casiraghi or Princess Scilla of Italy. Yes, they are both Catholic, but why does Harry have to marry C of E? He won't be King. Besides the Act of Settlement can be changed. William and Kate lived together, for goodness sakes, and no one batted an eye. It's time to change the Act of Settlement. It would open the door to many interesting possibilities for Harry.

Is the Roman Catholic law the only one still upheld?
What are the 'rules' for Harry when it concerns his future wife?

Is the Roman Catholic law the only one still upheld?
What are the 'rules' for Harry when it concerns his future wife?

The only law that has ever applied to the spouse of a British royal is that they can't be the monarch if they marry a Roman Catholic. They are free to marry anyone they like but if they should happen to be the person to whom the throne falls then they are treated as dead and the throne passes over them e.g. say everyone dies of food poisoning but Prince Michael of Kent wasn't at the event then the throne would simply pass to Lord Frederick.

I would like to see Britain go the same way as other royal houses and insist on the spouse being CofE rather than allow all other religions and denomintations except for one.

LOL! I love the comment about the food poisoning. Too funny. :ROFLMAO:

So there aren't really many restrictions on William or Harry. The only issue that could arise if he were to marry, say someone who was previously married or of another race, would be social and not legal. I'm not saying I don't think he should marry someone who has been previously married or is another race, I'm just saying that I don't know if it would be "socially acceptable" to do so.

What are everyone's thoughts on this? Do you think that there would be an outcry if Harry were to choose a divorcee or someone who wasn't Caucasian? Really not trying to get into a debate about racism, so please don't take it the wrong way!! <3

Last edited by a moderator:
I really hope Harry doesn't decide to get engaged just because his brother did. Remember what happened to Madeleine when she announced her engagement so soon after Victoria did? They imploded like a black hole.

I really hope Harry doesn't decide to get engaged just because his brother did. Remember what happened to Madeleine when she announced her engagement so soon after Victoria did? They imploded like a black hole.

But who would he propose to? Please don't let him propose to Chelsy.... Please don't let him propose at all!

I don't really think he would want to so soon after William, especially since William and Kate's wedding is supposedly going to be "The Wedding of the Century."

Poise and elegance are something innate, I believe. It is more than how someone dresses or how someone looks, and is very much reflected in how someone carries themselves infront of others and in public in general. Mary certainly possess these qualities, and Diana did as well, for the most part.

I could never consider Chelsy poised or elegant judging on what I've seen or read over the years. Not in any manner or form to be honest. And certainly not if were judging her on appearance, but it is so much more than that as has been previously stated.

The way she would fawn over Henry in public was rather embarassing I always thought. Sure it takes two, but he often seemed to relent rather than be the one encouraging the behaviour. She more often than not seemed to be leaning in, edging for attention, pulling what I 'suppose' she considered to be 'cute faces'...

A few more cm's and she'd have been on his lap half the time.

Here's hoping that relationship has well and truly run it's course. All signs point to yes, and I certainly hope it remains that way.

I agree with you on this one. I never liked her....just seemed like a "good time girl". Of course I've never met her. I hope he moves on and meets and gets to know someone else.

I read that when Harry was told that William and Kate were engaged he cursed in shock then said he was happy to have a "sister." Why did he curse in shock? Was he really surprised that William and Kate got engaged?

He has many friends in Africa who will be at the New Year's concert, not just Chelsy.

Still, all I ever read is "Harry can't get over Chelsy."

But I guess it's true that we can't believe everything we read. I hope the back and forth stuff stops. :p

I read that when Harry was told that William and Kate were engaged he cursed in shock then said he was happy to have a "sister." Why did he curse in shock? Was he really surprised that William and Kate got engaged?
According to the article I just read, he was cursing and shouting because he was really excited.

I don't mind Chelsy. She has a law degree and has worked hard. I think saying Chelsy is not good enough for Harry is quite rude. Harry isn't exactly the cleverest person you are likely to meet. People saying she isn't good enough are saying it because of her parents and because she is not an English blue blood.

In saying that I don't think they should marry. Something wasn't quite right there for marriage. They seemed very similar but as they have gotten older they seem to be going in different directions and have changed into different people. I don't think Chelsy wants to be a Royal wife and do the work she would have to do as Harry's wife.

I think Harry should get with a girl with a military background or is in the military herself. He seems to like girls who are confident in themselves and I think his wife will be a confident girl who would not be overshadowed by the past presence of Chelsy.

I'm a bit of a model stanner but when it comes to Harry's ''type'', Lily Donalson is a nice shout.
http://www1.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/Vladimir+Restoin+Roitfeld+Presents+Work+3+_t9Cfa1QrjGl.jpg
http://www.elleuk.com/var/elleuk/st...donaldson/2093202-1-eng-GB/lily_donaldson.jpg

She's gorgeous, smart, confident. She went to Camden School for Girls and grew up in Kentish Town. Not saying she's marriage material. The girl has been naked in magazines and has walked and posed in lingerie. (if that bothers you, which I know bothers most people on here) but atleast a cool person to be around.

I always liked what I read and saw of Miss Chelsy. I find it interesting that Prince Harry was so smitten by an intelligent, ambitious young woman. It shows he's not intimidated by brains and confidence, and it makes me like him even more. I know they've had their lapses, but, doggone it, I like those two young people. I like Kate and Prince William, too. To me, he appeared confident and articulate at their engagement press conference, and she seemed grateful for his support. They appear to be a well-matched pair. I wish all those young people happiness in their marriages and lives.

:previous: I totally agree with you about Harry and Chelsy. I remember an interview he did and, of course, they had to ask him what he thought of Camilla. I'll never forget what he said . . . "We love her to bits because she makes our father happy". When Harry and Chelsy are together he seems very happy, relaxed and totally comfortable in his own skin.

Like Kate does for William Chelsy did for Harry. Kept him grounded and didn't let him take himself too seriously. She has been around so long that it is hard to remember a time when she was not. Most of those times were a litiny of of "boys will be boys!" and people could and still are, duped into seeing him only as the "Party Prince" instead of a young man commited to his job and doing very well at it.

IMO Chelsy would be a great wife, Supportive but not "needy",

MARG, thanks for your post. One hears often that Prince Harry isn't particularly intelligent, but let's remember that there are many different types of intelligence.

When I read about his gaffes, I think of his grandfather, Prince Philip.

IMO Chelsy would be a great wife, Supportive but not "needy",

Chelsy doesn't support Harry in his military career -- it takes too much time away from her. She is VERY needy. Whenever Harry spends too much time on his career, she has a temper tantrum and breaks up with him.

Chelsy doesn't support Harry in his military career -- it takes too much time away from her. She is VERY needy. Whenever Harry spends too much time on his career, she has a temper tantrum and breaks up with him.

And you know this how? What is the proof you have to support such a statement?

I always thought Chelsy was perfect for Harry the man and not Harry the Prince. But alas the two are one in the same. There are certain things that Harry just can't give up or be.

Last edited:
On the contrary to what I have always felt about Kate Middleton I like the idea of Chelsy marrying Prince Harry, I think he might have a bit of a problem though, she is a very independent young lady and is not the kind to sit round waiting for a phone call to run to his side whenever he feels the need of company.
She has a degree and has worked hard and was not so smitten by the idea of becoming a Princess to not feel homesick and go home.
She is a very attractive young lady and Prince Harry would be lucky to win her hand.

I don't mind Chelsy. She has a law degree and has worked hard. I think saying Chelsy is not good enough for Harry is quite rude. Harry isn't exactly the cleverest person you are likely to meet.

Why do people keep saying that? Jesus!

I don't care if people think I'm crazy! My hope for Chelsy and Harry burns strong! I stand by Chelsy. Even if Harry can't have her, she's the girl he should have. She is the girl who loves him the way he needs to be loved. But now circumstances have gotten in the way, keeping them asunder. Maybe he will be with someone else, but Chelsy is the one who could make the difference, change the playing field, alter the game!!!!

I completely agree! IMO Chelsy brought stability to Harry's life. He was much more calm and less the "party prince" with her as his girlfriend.

Also I do agree that towards the beginning of their relationship that she did look what some might say trashy, but over the years that changed. She was and is still young, people do and wear a lot a lot of crazy things when they are young but most are lucky enough to not have a camera in their face to capture all of it.

Why is seeing Chelsy such a bad thing?

Because, IMO, the two haven't been apart long enough to come back to a relationship with anything new and fresh, and the same problems they have faced before are bound to crop up. Granted, this is all contingent on the two of them rekindling their romance, but I think that them seeing each other in Africa could very well send them right back into the relationship they just ended. If Chelsy is the right girl for Harry, they will be together in the end.

For now, I think it would probably be best for both of them to give it a rest.

It doesn't have to be that Harry is going to see Chelsy to re-start a relationship, it could just be he wants to see his friend.

It doesn't have to be that Harry is going to see Chelsy to re-start a relationship, it could just be he wants to see his friend.

This may be the case, but anything we say in these forums, we're pretty much guessing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom