A Potential Wife for Prince Harry

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think after the recent spotting of Harry with Charlize Theron, he seems to have 3 requirements:

1. Blonde
2. South African
3. Name starts with Ch-

Prince Albert, hold on to Charlene, you might lose her to Harry ;)

Just my thought but when couples are so on/off then it is because there is something missing/off in the relationship. Maybe it's that Chelsy doesn't want to live in the UK or that Harry is "married" to the military. Either way, in my experience couples that have such volatile relationships never end up lasting in a long term way.
And there is no way that Chelsy would be able to practice law. The Countess of Wessex tried to keep her job after she was married and in the end her royal duties meant she had to let it go. Somehow I don't see Chelsy wanting to be a royal princess and potentially queen if it turns out William and Catherine can't or don't have children.

:previous: Very true. I'm really starting to see Henry marrying someone else in about fifteen years time.

It is said that after Harry's Apache training, he's expected to remain in his squadron for at least 4 years. Being an SAR helicopter pilot with clusters of days on and off is one thing, but being an Apache pilot with a high potential for combat deployment is another. Plus with Chelsy's personality, I find it highly unlikely that she'd want to be a military wife. That said, I don't see Harry marrying anytime soon.

And like everyone said, it will also be very difficult to keep a job as a lawyer if you're married to the RF. A job in education, social welfare or even health care would have been easier, IMO.

Where is Chelsy Davy now? Has she gone traveling, or return home?
Or is she still in London?

(Somehow I doubt she is still in London, since I've seen no mention of it in the press).

She's traveling. She's currently in Ibiza.

More references to a possible split between Chelsy and Harry.
I suppose we'll know for sure in the fall, when she's supposed to join that legal firm?
If they're not photographed together at that time, I would say the split is permanent.

More references to a possible split between Chelsy and Harry.
I suppose we'll know for sure in the fall, when she's supposed to join that legal firm?
If they're not photographed together at that time, I would say the split is permanent.

What has been going through my mind is these two (Chelsy and Harry) have had a long history of a relationship together and there's obviously something there. There are goals and differences that each one of them want to accomplish in their lives and those goals somewhat are at odds at having a strong, steady commitment to each other. Harry with his military service and Chelsy and her career and her love of home.

I can almost picture that if it was 30 years ago and Harry was born first, he'd be in a situation similar to his father with the somewhat same results happening. With Harry though he can easily stay a bachelor and continue on in his military career and not marry and Chelsy can do her own thing also. I do think though there's something really strong between these two people that's not going to go away.

It will be interesting to watch and see what happens.

What has been going through my mind is these two (Chelsy and Harry) have had a long history of a relationship together and there's obviously something there. There are goals and differences that each one of them want to accomplish in their lives and those goals somewhat are at odds at having a strong, steady commitment to each other. Harry with his military service and Chelsy and her career and her love of home.

I think Chelsy couldn't care less about a career, to be honest.
She's 25, and has yet to take up that job (which I hear they've been holding for three years now).

Doesn't sound to me like she's dedicated to a legal career. :whistling:

I think Harry is still too young to marry but if he does marry soon I think that Chelsy would be a good choice although I think she would be a bit too independent for someone like Prince Harry. He might be happier with a "doormat" kind of person ready to cater to his every whim for the honour of having such an exalted title.
Somehow I don't think Chelsy fits the bill.

:previous: The last thing anyone in the Military needs in a partner is "High Maintenance"! Clinging vines don't do well when the other half is away on a tour of duty and they have to look after themselves. Disaster usually ensues be it infidelity or run home to mummy. :ohmy:

Somehow I do not think P Harry is ready for marriage and Chelsy either plays too hard to get or is truly a woman who expects more in a marriage than a title.
The fact that she leaves the UK to go back home or vacation with friends away/without the prince is telling. She does not expect him to make her life complete.

I agree Odette, she knows what she wants and she would have to be madly in love to give up even a little of her independence.
I am half hoping, or even perhaps a quarter hoping , that Prince Harry will marry into royalty but that seems a little difficult these days. There is always the impediment that the bride must not be catholic, or that she would convert. Then again Prince Harry might be willing to give up his succession rights but somehow I doubt it, even Peter Philips, who is quite a distance away from the throne, didn't seem willing to lose his place.

:previous: Very true. However both the prince and Chelsy seem the independent sort and he expressed in the past the desire to live in South Africa...Chelsy does not seem ready to settle in the UK so as soon as the Cambridges have a couple of children and P Harry's position in line to the throne gets more and more distant, he may decide to fulfil his dream.
As far as the royal, demi royal or half royal bride is concerned, I would not hold my breath...Perhaps in another generation the reigning families will decide to do what the German and French aristocrats always did...:whistling:

@expat Good Lord, welcome to this forum! ;) With all due respect, your rather antiquated ideas about royalty and marriage remind me of a good old friend of mine, and by that I mean she was literally old too. Although my friend was Australian not Portuguese. :) I particularly disagree on one point: that Prince Harry must marry a royal. We have gone a long way now to realize that the rates of these marriages are rather disappointing, and if I may add, the reality of a royal-royal marriage must be boring and dull. I respect all opinions and now I am looking forward to reading more from you, expat. :p

Wow, only my third post and I am called old? I prefer conservative actually.
Nowhere did I say Prince Harry must marry a royal, I just gave my opinion that it would be nice after all these non-royal matches.
To tell you the truth my favourite is Chelsy but she seems too independent to bow to the restrictions of a royal life. Not many people are like Queen Mary and pretend that they love hospitals etc.
I am not Portuguese at all, I live here but only as long as my contract lasts and if I renew it, I don't even speak the language.

As to how long royal-royal marriages last, I am not so sure, the royal-commoner marriages in the BRF don't seem to have gone that well, excepting the lovely Sophie Wessex of course.

In regards to the success/failure rate of royal/commoner marriages as opposed to those of royal/royal marriages ....I don't think a true comparison can be made right now.

Royal Commoner have only become popular in the last fifty years or so (they did happen in the past) but let's face it......you were married until death parted you. And history has shown that a several royal royal marriages were not happy, and if things were different they too might have ended in divorce as well.

In regards to the success/failure rate of royal/commoner marriages as opposed to those of royal/royal marriages ....I don't think a true comparison can be made right now.

Royal Commoner have only become popular in the last fifty years or so (they did happen in the past) but let's face it......you were married until death parted you. And history has shown that a several royal royal marriages were not happy, and if things were different they too might have ended in divorce as well.

That is very true Zonk but I wasn't really talking about happy marriages, just that when a commoner-royal marriage goes wrong the commoner side gets out, at least that is what has happened. The royals are more stoic and take the sense of being royal more seriously and I believe they think it is their duty to stay in the marriage happy or not. Whether this is good or not I have no idea, but as this is a new phenomenon I suppose it is glimpse of what is to come and probably it won't be long before monarchies are a thing of the past.

Several royal /royal marriages ended in divorce and this is not a phenomenon of the last 50 years. Even in the last century many marriages ended because one or both parties either found someone else or wanted to end the union.
Although I agree that royal/commoner marriages have not been tested over a long period of time, imho the commoner who enters into a royal family has more adjustments, more restrictions, more learning that those who were born in this lifestyle.
It takes a strong, very dedicated, mature and deeply in love person to survive and thrive.:flowers:

I am not saying that divorces in royal circles never occured they were just extremely rare. Remember the scandals that occured when a royal divorced?! For every Ducky, Stephanie and Marie Louise, who were basically ostraciszed for a time (except Marie Louise) there was the Duke and Duchess of Edinburgh or Victoria's daughter, Louise who just grinned and bared it.

Divorce is more common now in all aspects of society. Women (and men) in certain social classes didn't divorce either...they just led separate lives. Divorced people were frowned on by the British court. Let's face it, society and the relaxation of certain social norms has led to an increase in living together before marriage, having babies without getting married and divorces.

Last edited:
Somehow I do not think P Harry is ready for marriage and Chelsy either plays too hard to get or is truly a woman who expects more in a marriage than a title.
The fact that she leaves the UK to go back home or vacation with friends away/without the prince is telling. She does not expect him to make her life complete.

Independence aside, it might be something very simple: Chelsy does not like the public scrutiny and the personal nature of commentary about her. Truth to say, who among us - not raised to be immured to such - would find such pleasant? On a daily basis? She did not shine at the wedding and might that not have stung? She might be a sensitive sort - she is young - and is seen negatively, interpreted negatively. Beatrice and Eugenie make a game of it - but Chesy is a regular girl - being dissed on such a large scale, well.....

Would it not be one of the ironies of irony were Prince Harry to marry eventually one day and have Chelsy 'on the side' as his mistress? Its quite possible she would marry him like a shot were he not a prince. I saw a shot of Chelsy at the church during the William and Kate nuptials and she did not look happy. I know the chatter was that she was the worse for a night of partying - but one cannot be so sure. Maybe she was looking at the reality she would have to deal with and wants nothing to do with it. It must be a surreal experience in that swirl of cameras and critique.

Last edited:
Well, as of yesterday the DM is saying that Harry and Chelsy are off again - so off they're in different countries. They might be on again in the future, but at this point I don't see them getting married. I picture Harry ending up with someone from Africa and blonde - he seems to prefer older, blonde women from Africa. I don't see him getting married very soon, but the army might change him in that regard - that and his brother getting married.

I picture Harry ending up with someone from Africa and blonde - he seems to prefer older, blonde women from Africa.

What women are you thinking of?
Other than Chelsy, what older blonde woman from Africa has Harry dated?

I can't think for the life of me.. who Harry should or even could marry.

other than commoners.. what sort or royals & other nobility / aristocracy is available ?

Princess Madeleine.. extremely unlikely.. she's older and she seems to be hung on hanging out the with the Wall Street jet set crowd. A poor choice
in my opinion .. most of them are crooks.

Princess Alexandra of Luxembourg. She is super-cute and I hear she's really nice but she's also super-young.. only turned 20 a few months ago and hasn't finished college yet.. but who knows...

maybe someone from Monaco ???

other than that.. it would have to be some lesser nobility in the U.K. A lady of some kind.. I'm drawing blanks... :ermm:

What women are you thinking of?
Other than Chelsy, what older blonde woman from Africa has Harry dated?

Oh - just Chelsy, I suppose, he has been with her since she was 19. Other than rumors she's the only girlfriend we know he's had. But his uncle's family all live in Africa.

Alexandra of Luxembourg is a catholic so a no no, I doubt she would ever convert.
The Monaco family are not royal (but that doesn't seem to matter nowadays) but they are catholic and that does.
If not Chelsy I would like Prince Harry to wait until he is much more mature and his partying and young man activities are behind him.

I am not saying that divorces in royal circles never occured they were just extremely rare. Remember the scandals that occured when a royal divorced?! For every Ducky, Stephanie and Marie Louise, who were basically ostraciszed for a time (except Marie Louise) there was the Duke and Duchess of Edinburgh or Victoria's daughter, Louise who just grinned and bared it.

Divorce is more common now in all aspects of society. Women (and men) in certain social classes didn't divorce either...they just led separate lives. Divorced people were frowned on by the British court. Let's face it, society and the relaxation of certain social norms has led to an increase in living together before marriage, having babies without getting married and divorces.

Oh Zonk I may not be a teenager but I cannot remember the scandal that occured when Ducky got divorced...:ROFLMAO:
Joking aside, the old time royals imho had a much higher tolerance for all sorts of scandal but kept it to themselves. Between homosexual husbands, official mistresses, illegitimate children and all sorts of other pecadillos in between, the current royals seem like choir boys compared to their august ancestors...:flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom