The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #61  
Old 09-13-2007, 03:45 PM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: thessaloniki, Greece
Posts: 43
I agree with you Myriam, she will be HRH Princess Marie of Denmark. Queen Magrethe was very kind and generous to Alexandra by giving her a personal title and I don't believe she will not give Marie the princess' title.
__________________

__________________
  #62  
Old 09-22-2007, 07:17 AM
Daneborn's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Helsingborg, Sweden
Posts: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricarda View Post
Actually, when Alexandra married Joachim and got the title of a princess nobody thought that she was needed or celebrated her as a possible future queen. Frederik was not 30 then and people expected him to marry. A few years later, especially after the birth of Nikolai, some warmed up with the idea of Alexandra as a future queen. But at the time of her wedding Alexandra got the title because it was the title of her husband to be.
And so will Marie if she ever marries Joachim. It would be strange to "punish" Marie for something Alexandra did (walking in and out and cashing in on benefits).
I am puzzled how you can judge so easily that noone in Denmark thought she was needed and celebrated as a possibly future queen when they were married ??

As I recall it, back then many people weren't even sure about Crown Prince Frederik sexuality, (his numerous girl friends and unability to bond with one woman created doubts in that direction), plus his teenage story with suicide thoughts made Joachim look more like an eligable King for the future.

Granting Marie a title like Duchess of Schackenborg is not punishing her.

It's accepting things as they are.

Marie's possible future kids will be queing up from currently no# 7 on the throne list. Her services as a royal princess (~ a womb) aren't exactly needed. And I can't see that there are many patronages that are eagerly waiting for yet another princess to emerge.

Which are the main reasons why we need and want royals.

Besides, Prince Joachim is running his Schackenborg as a business these days. By now he's realised and knows it's not his destiny to take over after his mother.

If Queen Margrethe allows princes and princesses to keep spreading all over the country, as an institution it will lose people's respect.

For the future it's much better to keep a narrow royal family like in Norway.
__________________

__________________
''A day without a laughter is a day wasted'' // Anna-Lisa
  #63  
Old 09-22-2007, 07:25 AM
Daneborn's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Helsingborg, Sweden
Posts: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo of Palatine View Post
There've been cases where men married their brother's widows... As for Marie, it's her problem how to deal with this look-a-likeness.
I think the royal boys in Denmark have proven rather clearly that they don't marry for political reasons as royals did in the past.

Madama Royal > Yes, that was my thinking.

Heike > I also think the title should'nt matter for Marie.
__________________
''A day without a laughter is a day wasted'' // Anna-Lisa
  #64  
Old 09-22-2007, 08:23 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Vienna, Austria
Posts: 957
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daneborn View Post
I am puzzled how you can judge so easily that noone in Denmark thought she was needed and celebrated as a possibly future queen when they were married ??

It's accepting things as they are.
And I was puzzled how you could judge so easily that Alexandra was celebrated and needed as a future queen.
As I recall it the media did not speak of a possible future queen at the time of Alexandra's wedding and during her first year in DK, they were just delighted to have a young and pretty princess they could write about.

As a matter of fact Joachim is a prince. In thinking that Marie will become a princess if she marries him I'm accepting things as they are, although I too don't think that there is an urgent need for another princess in DK.
__________________
  #65  
Old 09-23-2007, 08:23 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Berlin, Germany
Posts: 102
For strategic reasons it could be a disadvantage for Marie that she looks similar to Mary and almost has the same name. I think to work hand in hand within the royal family every member has to have a certain unique profile. Marie profile is a bit too near to Marys. This could create a certain rivalry and in some tabloids it already does. Nowadays strategy is still a very important issue in royalty.
Remember: Mary and Frederik were allowed to get married for a lot of reasons, one important reason was that Joachims and Alexandas marriage was over and it was time for a heartwarming royal event that could compensate this sad reality.
__________________
  #66  
Old 09-23-2007, 09:22 AM
UserDane's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 1,966
Unless you are Margrethe and Henri's new intimate bosom buddy to whom they reveal all the families' innermost thoughts and secrets, I think you can skip the 'Remember:' part. There is nothing there to remember, just your speculation.

By the way, Marie and Mary are distinctly different names when pronounced in Danish so there is no need to try to cultivate problems on that account. The name Marie doesn't give rise to any problems with regard to the name Margrethe either.....
__________________
Some people say that cats are sneaky, evil, and cruel. True, and they have many other fine qualities as well.
  #67  
Old 09-23-2007, 10:31 AM
Lilla's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts: 918
Quote:
Originally Posted by UserDane View Post
Unless you are Margrethe and Henri's new intimate bosom buddy to whom they reveal all the families' innermost thoughts and secrets, I think you can skip the 'Remember:' part. There is nothing there to remember, just your speculation.

By the way, Marie and Mary are distinctly different names when pronounced in Danish so there is no need to try to cultivate problems on that account. The name Marie doesn't give rise to any problems with regard to the name Margrethe either.....

....or Henrik for that sake
__________________
  #68  
Old 09-23-2007, 11:55 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Posts: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricarda View Post
And I was puzzled how you could judge so easily that Alexandra was celebrated and needed as a future queen.
As I recall it the media did not speak of a possible future queen at the time of Alexandra's wedding and during her first year in DK, they were just delighted to have a young and pretty princess they could write about.
Agree!
Joachim was only 24 when he met Alexandra and Frederik 25. Frederik was 32 when he met Mary. Even 32 isn't an age for a male to become desperate because he still isn't married. Much better to think twice before jumping into a marriage and than not being able to stick to it.

Yes for a certain time his brother was seen as the somewhat more suitable for the position as heir. Nonetheless Frederik has turned the wheel in the meantime. Besides nobody knows if the Danes really whould have changed the princes if they could have done it. To think that one is more suitable and to change them are two total different things. Afterall at least to me it looks like the Danes allways had a very soft spot for Frederik regardless his faults and weaknesses.

The alleged needed future queen Alexandra is nothing more than wishfull and rather silly thinking of some of her desperate fans. No wonder they still hate Mary from the bottom of their hearts.

Marie (or any other woman) will become a princess if she marries Joachim as it should be. There is no reason to punish her for things that are total out of her control. Though I'm afraid Marie (or any other woman) will never be treated so generously by the state as Alexandra. Marie can work incredible hard and successful, the danish state won't provide another wife of Joachims a lifelong apanage of her own.
__________________
  #69  
Old 09-23-2007, 12:56 PM
carlota's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: , United States
Posts: 5,766
i hope she gets the HRH princess marie as a title, i'm quite certain she will. i don't know however if the queen will decide to give her a lower status than to alexandra or mary because of being a second wife? i still don't think so, but you never know.
__________________
Sign the United Nations Universal Declaration on Animal Welfare: http://www.animalsmatter.org
YOUR DAILY CLICK HELPS ANIMALS SURVIVE!
Feed an animal in need, click for free.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
  #70  
Old 09-23-2007, 02:37 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Frankfurt, Germany
Posts: 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by Binz View Post
Agree!
Joachim was only 24 when he met Alexandra and Frederik 25. Frederik was 32 when he met Mary. Even 32 isn't an age for a male to become desperate because he still isn't married. Much better to think twice before jumping into a marriage and than not being able to stick to it.

Yes for a certain time his brother was seen as the somewhat more suitable for the position as heir. Nonetheless Frederik has turned the wheel in the meantime. Besides nobody knows if the Danes really whould have changed the princes if they could have done it. To think that one is more suitable and to change them are two total different things. Afterall at least to me it looks like the Danes allways had a very soft spot for Frederik regardless his faults and weaknesses.

The alleged needed future queen Alexandra is nothing more than wishfull and rather silly thinking of some of her desperate fans. No wonder they still hate Mary from the bottom of their hearts.

Marie (or any other woman) will become a princess if she marries Joachim as it should be. There is no reason to punish her for things that are total out of her control. Though I'm afraid Marie (or any other woman) will never be treated so generously by the state as Alexandra. Marie can work incredible hard and successful, the danish state won't provide another wife of Joachims a lifelong apanage of her own.
Why many people consider it a "punishment" for Marie if she doesn´t get the princess title?
Maybe Marie doesn´t care at all which title she would get!
__________________
  #71  
Old 09-23-2007, 03:28 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Berlin, Germany
Posts: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by UserDane View Post
Unless you are Margrethe and Henri's new intimate bosom buddy to whom they reveal all the families' innermost thoughts and secrets, I think you can skip the 'Remember:' part. There is nothing there to remember, just your speculation.

I think I have to contact Marys Anti-Bullying project if this goes on...
__________________
  #72  
Old 09-23-2007, 04:12 PM
carlota's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: , United States
Posts: 5,766
Quote:
Originally Posted by Santacruz View Post
For strategic reasons it could be a disadvantage for Marie that she looks similar to Mary and almost has the same name. I think to work hand in hand within the royal family every member has to have a certain unique profile. Marie profile is a bit too near to Marys. This could create a certain rivalry and in some tabloids it already does. Nowadays strategy is still a very important issue in royalty.
Remember: Mary and Frederik were allowed to get married for a lot of reasons, one important reason was that Joachims and Alexandas marriage was over and it was time for a heartwarming royal event that could compensate this sad reality.
i totally agree that strategy is an important part of royalty as well and i also mentioned my concern about mary and marie's resemblance (not only in names, but also physical).

we will never know, but it may actually be true that the marriage was a strategic response to something sad happening in a short time.
__________________
Sign the United Nations Universal Declaration on Animal Welfare: http://www.animalsmatter.org
YOUR DAILY CLICK HELPS ANIMALS SURVIVE!
Feed an animal in need, click for free.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
  #73  
Old 09-26-2007, 04:44 AM
Daneborn's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Helsingborg, Sweden
Posts: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Binz View Post
Agree!
Joachim was only 24 when he met Alexandra and Frederik 25. Frederik was 32 when he met Mary. Even 32 isn't an age for a male to become desperate because he still isn't married. Much better to think twice before jumping into a marriage and than not being able to stick to it.

Yes for a certain time his brother was seen as the somewhat more suitable for the position as heir. Nonetheless Frederik has turned the wheel in the meantime. Besides nobody knows if the Danes really whould have changed the princes if they could have done it. To think that one is more suitable and to change them are two total different things. Afterall at least to me it looks like the Danes allways had a very soft spot for Frederik regardless his faults and weaknesses.

The alleged needed future queen Alexandra is nothing more than wishfull and rather silly thinking of some of her desperate fans. No wonder they still hate Mary from the bottom of their hearts.

Marie (or any other woman) will become a princess if she marries Joachim as it should be. There is no reason to punish her for things that are total out of her control. Though I'm afraid Marie (or any other woman) will never be treated so generously by the state as Alexandra. Marie can work incredible hard and successful, the danish state won't provide another wife of Joachims a lifelong apanage of her own.
I am merely referring to how things looked in some people's (may be not all) back in 1995.

I am by no means a fan of Mrs. Jørgensen, former princess of Denmark.

It's not a question of the Danes choosing between the brothers but there were doubts whether Frederik, for whatever personal reason, wanted to live within the royal life at all.

If marrying, I think the suitable thing to do is for prince Joachim to step down and become a duke or count of his Schackenborg.
__________________
''A day without a laughter is a day wasted'' // Anna-Lisa
  #74  
Old 10-03-2007, 03:21 PM
lilytornado's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: -, United States
Posts: 504
I guess now we can answer the question?
I am glad that she will be a princess.
__________________
  #75  
Old 10-03-2007, 03:38 PM
biboquinhas's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Portugal, Portugal
Posts: 3,001
Well Prince Joaquim is intitle by family to be called Prince and his first wife had also the change to be called Princess but in my opinion second marriages should be treated in a different way. Monarchy is very oldfashion when it is convenient sometimes but many times like this one I think the Queen should't allow Marie to became again a Princess, but she decided like this so...
__________________
YOUR DAILY CLICK HELPS ANIMALS SURVIVE provides food for an animal in a shelter or sanctuary. Feed an animal in need, click for free.http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
  #76  
Old 10-03-2007, 09:43 PM
Empress's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: , United States
Posts: 3,123
Well, since this subject has been settled today, I think that it is time to close this thread!
__________________

__________________
Closed Thread

Tags
marie, marie cavallier, princess marie


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Prince Joachim and Marie Cavallier, Current Events 2: May 2007 - May 2008 GlitteringTiaras Current Events Archive 568 05-29-2008 03:58 PM
Prince Joachim and Marie Cavallier, Current Events 1: September 2005 - May 2007 Larzen Current Events Archive 549 05-07-2007 09:01 PM




Additional Links
Popular Tags
abdication birth charlene chris o'neill crown prince felipe crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess letizia crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit current events engagement fashion genealogy grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri habsburg hohenzollern infanta elena infanta leonor infanta sofia jewellery jordan king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king constantine ii king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg nobility olympics ottoman pom president komorowski prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince felipe prince floris prince maurits prince pieter-christiaan princess aimee princess anita princess astrid princess beatrix princess charlene princess claire princess letizia princess marilene princess mary princess mary fashion princess of asturias queen anne-marie queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal royal fashion russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit wedding



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:35 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]