What title would Marie Cavallier get?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
if they get married i think she should be a HRH otherwise wouldn't it effect the status of their children? i also think since it's her first marriage it should be the wedding she wants and not be penalized because she's his second wife (it just doesn't seem fair to me) but i'm not a danish taxpayer so i guess i really shouldn't get a vote :)

Larzen said:
Nice guess but this blog is hardly an official source for anything even if they have nice pictures.

Both Mary and Alexandra has two names and are always reffered to just by the first one.

Anyone who is a royal watcher is well aware of that, Larzen, including me. There is a reason why I referred to those people and their guess as to what her royal title might be.

Glad to see you're aware, Larzen, like everybody else.:flowers:

If an engagment is announced (and I think it will be) I would love for Marie to have a Danish Fairytale Wedding. Denmark does the glitter, pomp and tiara so well, it would give the economy a boost (hotels, airlines, restaurants, and the wonderful tourist $$$$), and all the beautiful jewelry will attend.

lyndaW said:
If an engagment is announced (and I think it will be) I would love for Marie to have a Danish Fairytale Wedding. Denmark does the glitter, pomp and tiara so well, it would give the economy a boost (hotels, airlines, restaurants, and the wonderful tourist $$$$), and all the beautiful jewelry will attend.

I really doubt any tourist, apart from the occasional die-hard foreign royal fan, would travel to Denmark, because there is a wedding in the royal family.

The Danish economy has a GDP of around $ 256,300,000,000.-- and I dare to doubt a few airline tickets (if a ticket is purchased with the (only partly Danish) SAS Airlines and a few meals or a few hotel bookings will substantially contribute to the Danish economy....

:flowers:

Last edited:
Henri M. said:
I really doubt any tourist, apart from the occasional die-hard foreign royal fan, would travel to Denmark, because there is a wedding in the royal family.

The Danish economy has a GDP of around $ 256,300,000,000.-- and I dare to doubt a few airline tickets (if a ticket is purchased with the (only partly Danish) SAS Airlines and a few meals or a few hotel bookings will substantially contribute to the Danish economy....

:flowers:

Actually, tourism might get a boost similar to when Grace Kelly married Prince Ranier. Suddenly Monaco became the new tourist destinations for Americans and the Riviera today is still considered a posh getaway. I'm sure a lot more Australians have visited Denmark since Mary's arrival so it could be the case with Marie as well.

Oh please lets have a fabulously wonderful wedding, and yes I do thin the tourist $$$ will come, its a beautiful country, safe, and welcome the tourist...yes I truly do think the tourist $$ will come. Of course if Denmark doesn't want all the goodies Greenland could always have the wedding, I'm sure they would welcome all the extra $$$$$. It would be an experience.

BurberryBrit said:
Actually, tourism might get a boost similar to when Grace Kelly married Prince Ranier. Suddenly Monaco became the new tourist destinations for Americans and the Riviera today is still considered a posh getaway. I'm sure a lot more Australians have visited Denmark since Mary's arrival so it could be the case with Marie as well.

The Riviera has been known as a posh getaway from before Grace's time! I remember reading an Agatha Christie novel written in the 1920s that centered around a murder that took place on the Blue Train that took London socialites to the Riviera for their winter vacations.

If I were in Europe at the time, I might want to see the royal wedding but I've been thinking about a trip to Copenhagen for much longer than I've been following the Danish royal family.

BTW, I would hope any new wife of Joachim get the HKH Princesse title. Marie seems fresh and charming and Joachim seems to care for her a lot so if they do decide to tie the knot, I hope she becomes his princess.

Last edited:
ysbel said:
The Riviera has been known as a posh getaway from before Grace's time!

I was referring to a boost in tourism specifically from America.

BurberryBrit said:
I was referring to a boost in tourism specifically from America.

Well one of the London socialites on the Blue Train in Agatha Christie's novel was actually the daughter of a rich American financier but I understand what you're saying.

I don't know when Americans started to travel in droves to Monaco. I know Americans started to think of Europe as an affordable travel destination after Arthur Frommer published his book, Europe on $5 a day in 1955 I believe but this wasn't the posh crowd.

Incidentally the reason I wanted to go to Copenhagen was that the Frommer's book mentioned a time he and his wife went to Copenhagen and called a bed and breakfast agency because they wanted to find a room in someone's house. Nowhere was available so the woman at the agency reached out to a further list of people and Arthur Frommer and his wife ended up spending the night with the Prime Minister of Denmark.

I think its a charming story and such hospitality speaks well of the Danes. :flowers:

ladybelline said:
Isn't "Agnethe" a Danish form of Agnes?

I only know that you can have both names as a first name. Agnethe is a bit oldfahioned more than Agnes is but old names are quite popular at the moment in Denmark

betina said:
I only know that you can have both names as a first name. Agnethe is a bit oldfahioned more than Agnes is but old names are quite popular at the moment in Denmark

Agnethe sounds better than Agnes, IMO.

Sidenote: There was a time when parents preferred to name their babies non-traditional or even "invented" names in order to make their children unique.
Now, I also have a feeling that the trend has turned its direction towards oldfashioned names.

I really can't find any reason why Marie shouldn't be given the princess's title, if she gets married to Prince Joachim. I will be shocked if the court or the Queen gives her the tittle of countess or anything else

If they were in Britain, would they go by "Prince and Princess Joachim of Denmark"? Just wondering. And I don't think it will be a state wedding, but low-key and certainly in a church.

Usually in Britain the sovereign's sons are given royal dukedoms, so they'd be TRH The Duke and Duchess of Whatever. Alexandra would then be Alexandra, Duchess of Whatever.

I think it will be weird to have two maries.....who are also have a resemblence and they even share a close birthdate.

Would Queen Margaret have Marie sign a pre nup like she did with Mary?

Last edited by a moderator:
IMO Marie Cavallier would get HRH Princess Marie of Denmark if she marries Prince Joachim. And if they will get children, they also will be HRH.

But let's wait, if the Danish royal court ever will announce a wedding between them.

BTW: Does anyone know if Marie and Crown Princess Mary are friends?

There's no reason why Marie would/should get a lesser title than Alexandra so she will be HRH Princess Marie of Denmark. She will share her husband's title. Joachim and Marie's children will be HH, not HRH. Nikolai and Felix are HH since there father is neither King nor Crown Prince.

Joachim's wedding to Alexandra was not a state wedding. State weddings are for the heir to the throne. J&A's wedding was a personal affair paid for by HM.

There is no reason that Marie wouldn't be given a tiara. If Alexandra was given one then Marie will be given one too.

Last edited:
I really can't find any reason why Marie shouldn't be given the princess's title, if she gets married to Prince Joachim. I will be shocked if the court or the Queen gives her the tittle of countess or anything else
I hope she will get a title like Mrs. Marie Cavallier, countess of Schackenborg, or something like that.

We can't have princesses walking in and out through the court cashing in on benefits for the rest of their lives.

The situation with Joachim and Alexandra was different because Frederik wasn't married at the time and there were no kids (heirs) or even an eligable wife in sight. So Alexandra was needed and celebrated as a possible future queen.

These days Joachim is pretty much sidelined, he is running a large estate and I would simply find it appropriate if he, in case of a marriage, renounced his royal priviliges and became Count of Schackenborg.

Apart from that I find it sick that a man falls in love with the look-alike of his brother's wife. I can't help wondering if Marie is just playing along :ermm:

I believe royal tourism is part of the tourist industry in Denmark. E.g. middle aged Asian tourists like the castle tour, where they travel in a bus to Kronborg, Fredensborg and Frederiksborg north of Copenhagen.

Last edited:
Marie looks more exotic to me so she reminds me a little bit of Alexandra.

Would it be considered tacky to give Marie Alex's old tiara (if indeed they marry) or would she be given a different/new one?

Marie looks more exotic to me so she reminds me a little bit of Alexandra.

Would it be considered tacky to give Marie Alex's old tiara (if indeed they marry) or would she be given a different/new one?

I think she'll get a new one, it would be a little weird for Marie to wear a tiara that's associated with Joachim's ex- wife. Hoping to new a new tiara if Joachim ever marry again

Alex owns her old tiara. So there is no chance of marie getting it. She will be Princess Marie of Denmark.

Did she really keep that tiara? Was it purchased for her by the Royal Family, or was it part of the inheritance from their ancestors?

Did she really keep that tiara? Was it purchased for her by the Royal Family, or was it part of the inheritance from their ancestors?

It was given to her as a personal gift by Queen Margrethe - and she kept it in the divorce. It was given to Queen Alexandrine by her parents for her 18th birthday, and has been in the family since then. It is speculated that the tiara will pass to Nikolai's bride whenever he marries.

Apart from that I find it sick that a man falls in love with the look-alike of his brother's wife. I can't help wondering if Marie is just playing along :ermm:

There've been cases where men married their brother's widows... As for Marie, it's her problem how to deal with this look-a-likeness.

So Alexandra was needed and celebrated as a possible future queen.

Do you mean in the event that Frederik died childless and without a spouse, thus resulting in Joachim inheriting the office of sovereignty?

I hope she will get a title like Mrs. Marie Cavallier, countess of Schackenborg, or something like that.

We can't have princesses walking in and out through the court cashing in on benefits for the rest of their lives.

The situation with Joachim and Alexandra was different because Frederik wasn't married at the time and there were no kids (heirs) or even an eligable wife in sight. So Alexandra was needed and celebrated as a possible future queen.
Actually, when Alexandra married Joachim and got the title of a princess nobody thought that she was needed or celebrated her as a possible future queen. Frederik was not 30 then and people expected him to marry. A few years later, especially after the birth of Nikolai, some warmed up with the idea of Alexandra as a future queen. But at the time of her wedding Alexandra got the title because it was the title of her husband to be.
And so will Marie if she ever marries Joachim. It would be strange to "punish" Marie for something Alexandra did (walking in and out and cashing in on benefits).

Last edited:
Actually, when Alexandra married Joachim and got the title of a princess nobody thought that she was needed or celebrated her as a possible future queen. Frederik was not 30 then and people expected him to marry. A few years later, especially after the birth of Nikolai, some warmed up with the idea of Alexandra as a future queen. But at the time of her wedding Alexandra got the title because it was the title of her husband.
And so will Marie if she ever marries Joachim. It would be strange to "punish" Marie for something Alexandra did (walking in and out and cashing in on benefits).

You are right that Marie should not be "punished" just because some people aren´t happy with what happened to Alexandra.
However, Alexandra should not be blamed for the "benefits" she got. She didn´t ask for those benefits on her own. They are granted to her from the generous Danish people. It´s not Alexandra´s fault to receive the allowance. Besides, she has to pay tax now after her remarriage, just like other normal Danes.
Daneborn´s concern makes sense to me. If some Danes start to feel unhappy to pay for an ex-princess, it´s normal that they want to prevent paying the next ex-princess. Honestly, who can be sure that Joachim and Marie will stay forever together til death separates them?
But anyway, Marie has to first marry Joachim and then there will be those questions coming.
BTW, I don´t think Marie would care if she will be called Countess or Princess after marrying to Joachim if her only reason to marry him was love. Personally I think she deserves a princess title if her current husband is a prince.

Last edited:
Interesting questions, but we should waite until they will be official engage.

As a wife os a HRH Prince she probably will be a HRH Princess Joachim. But all depend of the Queen if she approve the possible future mariage.
She will not be "Princess Joachim". She will become HRH Princess Marie.

The custom of adding the husband's name after the title is an Anglo-German traditon that has never been in practice in other Countries (except for the UK and German Royal and Princley Houses).

I believe She will be HRH Princess Joachim.

If Marie marries HRH Prince Joachim she will become HRH Princess Marie. I don't think she'll be punished for being the second wife of the prince. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom