The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark > Prince Joachim and Princess Marie and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-02-2013, 03:36 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Here's a gallery of today's inauguration (click on the article pic to get the gallery started):

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

** fyens.dk: Prinsesse kastede glans over nyt studenterhus ** translation **

And here's a video and another gallery:

** BB: Video: Prinsesse Marie i Odense ** translation **

** sdu.dk: Royalt besøg ved indvielsen af Odenses nye Studenterhus den 2. september 2013 **

Old 09-12-2013, 11:22 AM
Heir Apparent

Thank you, Iceflower

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #37, 2013.
Written by our learned reporter, Trine Larsen.

Yes, Marie was in Odense recently in inaugurate the student house, a place where all the 25.000 students of Southern Danish University can gather and meet.

Waiting for our Marie on this day with sporadic showers were two flowergirls, dressed in their fines, the twins Sif and Kraka. (*) Marie took her time chatting with the children and making them feel at easy before she asked for their help in holding the ribbon when she was to cut it.
Time for speeches. Marie listened while she rubbed the arms of the twins. The poor girls were apparantly a little cold, having bare arms in the neat dresses.
Then Marie was taken for a tour of the building which is to be used for among other things networking, meetings, lectures, concelling, concerts and so on.

SDU is not placed in one university town, but is spread out over a number of town and cities in Southern Jutland and Funen, so Marie was driven to the next event, to be met a Emilie, whom Marie also took good care of. Along with the flowergirl Marie went inside to a large auditorium where 1.500 foreign students were seated.
Marie had specifically requested that she waould not be seated up in front in a single chair like royals usually do, but rather that she would be seated on the front row and so be it.
This year 4.000 foreign students from 81 countries will attend at SDU.
Marie was stored on many cameras and phones during the whole show, which included listening to Danish songs and later on a reception

(*) Both names stems from the Norse mythology.
And I always mention the flowergirls because they are children and it's a big day for them - and an even bigger day for their grandparents...

Old 10-11-2013, 10:15 AM
Super Moderator

Princess Marie has participated in the graduation ceremony at the Syddansk University of Flensburg, Germany, this morning, October 11, 2013.

** rtlnord.de video **

** tvsyd.dk: RØD LØBER I FLENSBORG ** translation **

** fla.de: Royal glans over universitets-samarbejde ** translation **

** shz.de: Blumen mit Perlen für Prinzessin Marie ** translation **

** pp gallery: Princesse Marie : Ambassadrice transfrontalière pour une remise de diplômes **
Old 01-20-2014, 11:26 AM
Super Moderator

Princess Marie opened the Syddansk University's Child Language Conference at the Syddansk University today, January 20, 2014. The conference tried to explore the circumstances that make it easy or difficult for children to acquire language.

** kongehuset.dk: Børnesprogskonference på Syddansk Universitet **

** tv2fyn.dk: Prinsesse Marie på SDU ** translation **

** fyens.dk: Prinsesse hører om børnesprog på SDU ** translation **

** BB: VIDEO: Prinsesse Marie sang børnesang ** translation **

** pp gallery: Princesse Marie : Enfantillages à la fac d'Odense, avant les 2 ans d'Athena **

Old 01-23-2014, 09:29 AM
Heir Apparent

Thanks, Iceflower

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #14, 2014.
Written by Ken Richter, our reporter in the west.

Yes, our Marie did indeed give a speech at the Southern Danish University (SDU) in Odense. The topic was Children's Language and in her speech Marie overlapped the Mary Foundation, which also focus on teaching children to increase their vocubulary.
Marie said in her speech: ""I now have two lovely children and it's fantastic to experience when the language begins to develope. The funny sounds, we as parents understand best, become words and in time the children learn to express emotions and needs.
In regards to the develpement and learning of the child later in life it is crucial that the child learn the language during the first years of its life. That is not only a job for the teachers in the institutions (nursery, kindergarten, school), because in this the parents have a desicive role to play. We are the most important rolemodels for the children. It is important to mine, to yours and all children in the society.
Children with a limited vocabulary have more problems reading and writing than children who speak well. That's whyit's important to do an effort early on to spot the weal children, so that they and their parents can have the necessary support".

Afterwards our reporter cornered Marie and asked her about Athena's upcoming birthday and how the children are doing. It's no secret that J&M bring up their children to become bilingual and to that Marie said: "I think my children are doing really well, when it's about learning the two laguages, Danish and French".
How about Athena?
Marie: "She speaks mostly Danish". Which is perhaps not surprising as she is immersed in Danish on a daily basis, attending a nursery. Bette Henrik is attending a kindergarten.
Will there be layered cake for Athena's birthday?
M: "Yes, I hope so".
Old 06-03-2014, 06:40 AM
Super Moderator

Princess Marie attended the University of Southern Denmark Business Day at the Syddansk University in Odense today, June 3, 2014.

** tv2fyn.dk video: Erhvervsdag på SDU **

** fyens.dk: Prinsesse på besøg på SDU i Odense **