Princess Marie's Partnership with the Syddansk University

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dazzling

Former Moderator
City
-
Country
France
October 2
Prince Joachim and Princess Marie participant, University of Southern Denmark in Odense at commemorated 16.00.

Here is an article from BB about this event, the couple will also hold a dinner later that day. It says that Marie will be helping the university out, does that mean she will get a job or help them for a day?

Article in English & the original article

Here is an article from BB about this event, the couple will also hold a dinner later that day. It says that Marie will be helping the university out, does that mean she will get a job or help them for a day?

Article in English & the original article

I'm not entirely sure, Dazzling, but my translated version says that Marie has an international profile, and that the university is hoping that the princess will be able to help them promote their programs and courses to an international audience. It says that the university hasn't yet figured out exactly what tasks Marie will take on in order to promote the school, but that they feel that she is the one who will be able to represent the school internationally.

Yes I understand that this work with the university is a kind of new patronage for princess Marie.

It's great to see that she's more and more involved in her royal activities and that she takes part in something she likes!

Im thinking maybe a new patronage as Ccile said. It would be great to see her take on education. Maybe during their visit they will mention something.

I agree that this would make an excellent patronage for Marie. Princess Benedikte has done some work with education, but I don't think that this university has had a royal patron before. This would be a great patronage to be involved in, especially since it is so close to Schackenborg. Many of the royal patronage events seem to take place near the capitol, so it is nice to see the royals involved in events in the other parts of Denmark. I am really curious to see what the university comes up with for Marie. It's great that she is starting to take on more and more royal duties.

Wow! A university. This sounds like there is more to it than just attending a ceremony. Would love to know more of what it entails.

It is very good for Marie and Joaquim to carry out royal duties near their residence, or relatively near. That way, F and Mary do theirs elsewhere, and there is much more exposure overall.

Before Mary, Alexandra had to do things in Copenhagen, but now that Mary is in that position, it is far better for Joachim and Marie to stay together at home, and be more visible in their own "neighborhoo", or their own part of Denmark.

Interesting how the royal patronages and duties are being assigned, it's happening very carefully.

Joachim is as attentive as ever, looks at Marie with such tenderness. It's nice to see. She is still a bit nervous around the press, I think, and keeps her eyes on the cameras...

Thank you for the link to the article, Princess_Robijn! It sounds like Marie will work as an ambassador for the university. Since she has been an international student, it sounds like the university plans to use her to reach out to prospective students from other countries, or to promote the school to students in other countries who are considering studying abroad. It will be interesting to see exactly what tasks they give to Marie.

A big assignment, but one that she can most likely handle well. Her own experience as an international student, and also a way to publicize the university to others. I wish her much success and believe she is capable of doing this well.

that is such a cool new patronage for marie. has it been confirmed as such? i'm glad she is increasing her list of duties.

it would be interesting to see if they will do some sort of "grant" to study in the university as it happened with mary and copenhagen uni, taking a couple of students per year from australia (france in marie's case). we shall see how it develops.

What a great site Myroyal's blog is - so many updated pictures. Marie still can't help looking straight at the cameras instead of just acting like they're not around. She's very conscious of their presence.

It looks as though she got on a podium to deliver a speech or something. Does anyone know what was said?

Joachim just seems to take all of this in his stride, he's so used to it. Hope she gets to that point as well.

I love Myroyal's Blog they are always up to date with the royal events and have lovely photos.

Are there any other photos of this event maybe of Marie arriving?

:previous: I haven't seen any yet. I'm not sure of where MyRoyal got their photos. I was hoping that the photos would be online today, but I still can't find any. It looks like Marie addressed the audience at the event. I would love to know what she said, and whether it was in Danish or another language.

I think there are many of us who would like to know what Marie said and in what language. Perhaps a bit of English and Danish?

She has such a radiant smile on that podium.

Finally! An article and photo of Marie at the university:
Billed-Bladet - Marie slår et slag for Sønderjylland

The article says that she plans to devote her time and energy to patronages in the southern part of Denmark. It says that she fits in well, and that she wants to work on projects that strengthen that area of Denmark. She did give a speech in Danish, where she talked about how she studied abroad, and that it is important to share information and pass on experiences to others. Marie said that she hopes to be able to motivate other students to consider studying abroad.

Last edited:
Marie has a page about her workload on the official website now Kongehuset - Kongehuset - HKH Prinsesse Marie - Æreshverv
And according to this she is actually not patron of Syddansk Universitet. It's called "cooperation" (samarbejde) to promote the university. Don't know why, perhaps it's not customary for universities to have a royal patron.

Thank you for the link, Ricarda! I don't know if Marie's exact role with the university has been defined at this time. This may be the reason why they listed her affiliation as a partnership. I think that the Danish Royal Family's website did a very good job at describing how patronages work. I've never seen such a detailed description from a royal house, and I think that their description is very informative.

It´s always a pleasure to see princess Marie on dutie.
Nice to see her.

marie visited yesterday the university of sonderborg apparently, of which she is patron. you can see some pictures here:
Prinsesse Marie: Vigtigt med uddannelse

H.K.H. Prinsesse Marie deltager i dimissionsfesten på Syddansk Universitet i Sønderborg, Koncertsalen Alsion, kl. 9.55.

Thank you, Carlota :flowers:

It is indeed a pleasure to see the Marie at work.

She gave her speech in English and it was very much directed at the many foreign students presents.
In the speech she emphasized the importance of education.

For the video experts in this forum: I suggest you have a look at the regional news on TV2. In this case TV SYD. TV 2/Regionernes netTV You'll find her Saturday under the headline: Prinsessen kastede glans. - I'll leave the rest to the video experts.
Joachim and his Marie are pretty well featured in Southern Jutland! For the newsdiggers I will suggest you keep an eye on this newspaper: Jydske Vestkysten http://www.jv.dk/ You will sometimes find news, galleries and coverage here that doesn't hit the national papers.
I suggest you use the searchwords: "prins" or "prinsesse".

Here are some additional pics of last week's event:

Princess Marie of Denmark attending the graduation party at the
University of Sonderborg in Sonderborg in Southern Denmark on
June 25, 2010.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 ** Pic 7 **

Princess Marie attended yesterday the wellcome ceremony to new international students at University of Southern Denmark.

Videos:
TV 2/Fyn

TV 2/Fyn - Video - Video

Last edited:
Princess Marie gave an interview to Syddansk University's students in which she talks about his cooperation with SDU in the student newspaper RUST.

Prinsesse Marie giver interview til studerende

Google Traductor

Thank you, Paty :flowers:

Syddansk Universitet, is a regional university and as such it face competition from other universities in DK, not least from the largest cities like Århus and especially Copenhagen, where it is easier to attract the best teachers and not least guest teachers.
The problem is that many local youths prefer to study in Copenhagen, because they believe this is where the opportunities are, also in regards to networking. On the other hand few from Copenhagen would dream of studying outside Copenhagen, even though there are vacancies there and that the education is just as good.
Our Marie hopes to put focus on that issue and attract some attention to Syddansk Universitet. And she is certainly often involved with that university, now also in welcoming foreign students with a speech as we can see in the video.

There has in fact been a 12 % increase in the number of foreign students at Syddansk Universitet compared to last year. Now more than 700 students from 61 countries have started at the university.

Here are some pics of the event:

Princess Marie holding the welcome speech for the new international
Students at Syddansk University in Odense, September 1st, 2010.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 ** Pic 7 ** Pic 8 **

Last edited:
How is Marie involved with the university? Does she give speeches at each new term or is she involved in different things during the year?
Loved her top.

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #36, 2010.
Travl Princesse - Busy Princess.
Written by Henrik Salling & Ken Richter.

Who sum up a pretty busy week for our Marie. Wednesday at SDU.
Saturday at the Wadden Sea Festitval on the island of Rømø. (Okay, that's almost around the corner from Schackenborg).
Sunday at the National Flag Day.
Monday in Botanical Garden in Copenhagen and at the French embassy.

This is what she had to say at SDU:
"I developed a lot while I studied abroad (Boston and New York) and that changed me as a person. - I've never had problems studying or setteling in another country. I think that's important for your personal developement and I hope my son too would like to go abroad for a period of his life. - My life changed in earnest when I came to Denmark. Quite unexpectedly I became a Princess in Denmark and that has been a big challenge. Of course the language is diffence but I've had to learn to adjust to the climate and to a completely new word, that is the word hygge. (*) - My best advise to the students will be: Study hard but remember also to enjoy life".

(*) Hygge is a concept. Best translated with cosyness. - A feeling of wellbeing, while spending time with people you genuinely like in (and this is important) a hospitable and warm atmosphere.
The art by Thomas Kincaid epitomize to some extent the concept of "hygge" - just seen from the outside. http://static.desktopnexus.com/thumbnails/41108-bigthumbnail.jpg

Back
Top Bottom