Princess Marie's Lady-in-Waiting

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
How far is Aarhus from Copenhagen or from Marie's place?
I wondered why she wanted to step down, thanks for the article Muhler, makes sense now.

What car are you driving? That's a two-hour trip MAX!

Anyway, thanks for the story.

Volvo actually. Not with two children inside it ain't! And a pit stop more to stretch your legs. We old folks are not like you yearlings, we need breaks. ;)
And you have to consider the Vejlefjord bridge. The traffic can be a bit slow there.

Not sure what you mean by "Marie's place", but Aarhus-Copenhagen is 2½-3½ hours from Århus (depending on whether you drive all the way, take a train or the ferry (by plane it's much quicker of course).

I wondered why she wanted to step down, thanks for the article Muhler, makes sense now.

According to Muhler

(*) Aarhus (the spelling will officially change from Århus to Aarhus from the end of 2010) is located in Eastern Jutland. 2½-3 hours from Schackenborg and 3-4 hours from Copenhagen.
Apart from having two children, aged fourteen and sixteen, her husband is a senior manager and that also require some representative duties for her as well.

As for leaving I think it had something to do with Marie being able to take care of herself now, and she'll be doing more work. :)

Not sure what you mean by "Marie's place",

I think that would be where Marie lives.

Do Oscar & Britt Siesbye live in Coperhagen or Tonder ???

Do Oscar & Britt Siesbye live in Coperhagen or Tonder ???
AFAIK, then they live in Copenhagen, since Oscar is managing "Ida Davidsen" (the open sandwich store founded by his grandfather) :)

Managing and waiting on unsuspecting customers :D

Does any one know what Britt Siebye has been doing other than marrying Oscar Siesby.

Britt is a danish woman and in Denmark you generally choose to work even if you marry a wealthy man. Unless you have no education and only can get dead end jobs.

Therefor I was guessing that Britt had been working in a dead end job like Marie Cavallier.

I love your quote:

"To dare is to lose one's footing momentarily. Not to dare is to lose oneself."

The danish philosopher Søren Kierkegaard.

Another quote from him:

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."

Well i'm quoting it from Prince Frederik not from this philospher.
And you don't count being a Lady-in-waiting as a job? Actually, you probably don't.

Managing and waiting on unsuspecting customers :D
Yes, that was an unexpected and delightful experience :flowers::flowers::flowers:

Britt is a danish woman and in Denmark you generally choose to work even if you marry a wealthy man. Unless you have no education and only can get dead end jobs.

Therefor I was guessing that Britt had been working in a dead end job like Marie Cavallier.
Benedikte, what is it that you have against Princess Marie (she hasn´t been Marie Cavallier since she got married in 2008) and the people around her? Just because you/I/we can´t find anything about Britt Siesbye then it doesn´t mean that she´s uneducated and only can get dead end jobs.

Well i'm quoting it from Prince Frederik not from this philospher.
And CP Frederik was quoting from Søren Kierkegaard (5. May 1813 – 11. November 1855) :flowers::flowers::flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Just because you/I/we can´t find anything about Britt Siesbye then it doesn´t mean that she´s uneducated and only can get dead end jobs.

A short look at other zhreads here would have shown Benedikte that Britt's maiden name is Tang-Lassen.
Enter that in google and you'll find immediately (5th or so link) that she passed her bachelor in literature in 2002 at the university of Odense.
http://www1.sdu.dk/Adm/aarsberetning/2002/kandidat.pdf

I stopped at this point because for me it's the people that count not their education. So when lovely Marie befriends this lady, its fine with me, whatever further education she has or hasn't.

But Benedikte, I find it a bit strange not to be able to do such a little check on somebody yourself before you slander this lady with innuendos here about her lack of education. Seems someone else is lacking something here: the will to check facts before saying something negative. Which is something I personally don't like on forums. :bang:

Britt is a danish woman and in Denmark you generally choose to work even if you marry a wealthy man.

When the German economy was at a low and we had so many people not being able to get work, a lot of media commentators asked the career wifes of wealthy men to give up their jobs to those unemployed women who actually needed them to survive. Instead they should turn to charity or to raising the next generation of Germans...

You may think about this as you like but this is as valid an argument as the one you seem to imply: that not to work as the wife of a wealthy man is indulging yourself. Things have always two sides and sometimes it is nicer to look at both sides and decided in favour of a person when not knowing the details. My opinion, that is.

Last edited by a moderator:
A short look at other zhreads here would have shown Benedikte that Britt's maiden name is Tang-Lassen.
Enter that in google and you'll find immediately (5th or so link) that she passed her bachelor in literature in 2002 at the university of Odense.

I stopped at this point because for me it's the people that count not their education. So when lovely Marie befriends this lady, its fine with me, whatever further education she has or hasn't.

But Benedikte, I find it a bit strange not to be able to do such a little check on somebody yourself before you slander this lady with innuendos here about her lack of education. Seems someone else is lacking something here: the will to check facts before saying something negative. Which is something I personally don't like on forums. :bang:
Thank you, Kataryn, I couldn´t remember the maiden name of Britt, so I couldn´t do the right search. I just googled "Britt Siesbye" and "Britt Davidsen Siesbye". But I´m glad you found something about her education :flowers:

When the German economy was at a low and we had so many people not being able to get work, a lot of media commentators asked the career wifes of wealthy men to give up their jobs to those unemployed women who actually needed them to survive. Instead they should turn to charity or to raising the next generation of Germans...
That would´ve been great if they did :) How did it turn out?

You may think about this as you like but this is as valid an argument as the one you seem to imply: that not to work as the wife of a wealthy man is indulging yourself. Things have always two sides and sometimes it is nicer to look at both sides and decided in favour of a person when not knowing the details. My opinion, that is.
I agree with you :flowers:

Last edited:
That would´ve been great if they did :) How did it turn out?

I doubt it changed anything apart from starting discussions of the readers. I do work eg - I did work even though I raised a child and I still do. But that's because I love my work and we have a better and securer life with two incomes.

If I'd been rich, I guess I would have done the same work, but unpaid for, as a volonteer and would have had the money for a nanny which would have given my son more attention. Maybe too much? I'll never know and I don't bother to think about that as he is a fine guy, very capable of doing things alone.

But I understand from my own example that any case is different, so I personally refrain from commenting on other people's choices.

As fro Marie's LIW: as she has a degree in literature she probably is a very competent guide to the Danish culture for Marie who seems to be very interested in her new homeland. So surely they don't talk kids and fashion all the time when they're together but Britt Siesbye is a good consultant for Marie as well as a reliable friend. Whis has merit, as I see it.

I doubt it changed anything apart from starting discussions of the readers. I do work eg - I did work even though I raised a child and I still do. But that's because I love my work and we have a better and securer life with two incomes.

If I'd been rich, I guess I would have done the same work, but unpaid for, as a volonteer and would have had the money for a nanny which would have given my son more attention. Maybe too much? I'll never know and I don't bother to think about that as he is a fine guy, very capable of doing things alone.

But I understand from my own example that any case is different, so I personally refrain from commenting on other people's choices.

As fro Marie's LIW: as she has a degree in literature she probably is a very competent guide to the Danish culture for Marie who seems to be very interested in her new homeland. So surely they don't talk kids and fashion all the time when they're together but Britt Siesbye is a good consultant for Marie as well as a reliable friend. Whis has merit, as I see it.
I couldn´t agree more with all your post :flowers:

Thanks for the enthusiastic comments.

If you would be so kind to read my comment you can see that I'm merely asking about her background.

And I was only explaining what I was thinking, because Lumutqueen asked me.

As you can tell by my comments, I didn't say anything about Britt beeing a dumb girl waiting for a rich man.

I suppose Britt has learned something being a bachelor of litterature.

But that also explains why she hasn't got a job. In Denmark it is very difficult to get a job on a bachelor degree because 99 pct. take the full education as a Candidate. Unless the fail exams - then they can't.

If you only take the bachelor - in Denmark that is - it probably is becouse you failed an examen and therefor not are allowed to complete the Candidate.

But that is in Denmark. I know that in a lot of other countries a bachelor is the completion of the education.

Last edited:
If Princess Marie has a lady in waiting because she is going to do more duties and more official travel, I hope she gets a proper royal wardrobe. Indeed, the borrowing of clothes has got stupid.

But that also explains why she hasn't got a job. In Denmark it is very difficult to get a job on a bachelor degree because 99 pct. take the full education as a Candidate. Unless the fail exams - then they can't.

If you only take the bachelor - in Denmark that is - it probably is becouse you failed an examen and therefor not are allowed to complete the Candidate.

But that is in Denmark. I know that in a lot of other countries a bachelor is the completion of the education.

Where did you get the information that Mrs. Siesbye only has the bachelor? I said I stopped doing research after I found this information. Did you check her further? Or is this information provided by others enough to base an opinion about a person and then publish this opinion?

There is a good chance that Mrs. Siesbye in 2004 passed her Master or however it is called in Denmark. Or isn't the Bachelor/Master-education a two-step thing like it is here in Germany? Maybe she even researches her topic at the moment for her PH.D. thesis... Or she simply volonteers at the local library...You don't know and I don't know, so please stop speculating and provide us with facts you base your opinion on.

If Princess Marie has a lady in waiting because she is going to do more duties and more official travel, I hope she gets a proper royal wardrobe. Indeed, the borrowing of clothes has got stupid.
Who's clothes does she borrow?

As you can read I was not the one saying Britt is a Bachelor.

I can only tell you that when you only pass the degree as a bachelor in Denmark you are likely to be unimployed because you are competing with the majority that completed the full education.

I'm aware that a bachelor is the main rule in other countries but in Denmark you only take a bachelor because you failed an exam.

And I would like you to remember that I was asked what I was Thinking. I was not asked if I had been studying Britt.

I have only been sharing my thoughts about Britt was likely to have a dead end job as she has chosen to be unimployed - because in Denmark it is very unusually not to work.

But now I can see it is likely she is unvolutarily unimployed - failing an eaxam and not getting the full degree.

I didn't write that Britt and Marie only was fitt to be waiting for a husbond.

Last edited:
But now I can see it is likely she is unvolutarily unimployed - failing an eaxam and not getting the full degree.

Benedikte, where did you get that information from? Where does it say that Mrs. Siesbye has failed an exam, did not get the full degree and thus did not get a job? Did a paper write about that? Did you get information about her background from another source? Or is this just "your thinking"?

If so, this is not the right place to publish your "thinking". At least in my opinion. You simply cannot make claims like that about other people without backing these claims up with reliable information. At least that's what I thought was the policy on these forums?

I second your sentiment Kataryn :cool: It's really ... I don't know what to call it ... to read Benedikte's constant insinuations about Marie and everybody around her.

As you can read I was not the one saying Britt is a Bachelor.

I can only tell you that when you only pass the degree as a bachelor in Denmark you are likely to be unimployed because you are competing with the majority that completed the full education.

I'm aware that a bachelor is the main rule in other countries but in Denmark you only take a bachelor because you failed an exam.

And I would like you to remember that I was asked what I was Thinking. I was not asked if I had been studying Britt.

I have only been sharing my thoughts about Britt was likely to have a dead end job as she has chosen to be unimployed - because in Denmark it is very unusually not to work.

I didn't write that Britt and Marie only was fitt to be waiting for a husbond.

Ok Benedikte,

I think they are beatiful too.

Merry Chistmas to everyone.

What is it with that borrowing of clothes you are talking about everywhere?

Benedikte, where did you get that information from? Where does it say that Mrs. Siesbye has failed an exam, did not get the full degree and thus did not get a job? Did a paper write about that? Did you get information about her background from another source? Or is this just "your thinking"?

If so, this is not the right place to publish your "thinking". At least in my opinion. You simply cannot make claims like that about other people without backing these claims up with reliable information. At least that's what I thought was the policy on these forums?

I can tell you that when you only pass the degree as a bachelor in Denmark you are likely to be unimployed because you are competing with the majority that completed the full education.

Do you understand english? Your remarks has nothing to do with what I have written. Are you able to understand that in Denmark conditions may be different than in your country?

And I would like you to remember that I was asked what I was Thinking.

I'm only answering a question.

Back
Top Bottom