Princess Marie's Lady-in-Waiting

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So everyone in Denmark works?

I think we are making a mountain out of a molehill or looking for a fault.

If Britt only has a bachelors...should we automatically assume that she failed to get a masters, and because of that she is a failure in life? or unemployable?

I don't think so. Is she the only person in Denmark that only has a bachelors? Does only holding a bachelor degree means that she is totally unqualified for her position as Lady in waiting?

I don't think so.

I fail to see what only holding a bachelor's degree is some kind of defect. Maybe Britt is not that scholastically ambitious...maybe she didn't want to proceed to the next level (do we have proof that she did and failed). A lot of people get a degree in one subject and later find out that they dont' want to pursue a career in that field. Myself for example, I have a bachelors in History and have always been a salesperson.

If Britt only has a bachelors...should we automatically assume that she failed to get a masters, and because of that she is a failure in life? or unemployable?

I don't think so. Is she the only person in Denmark that only has a bachelors? Does only holding a bachelor degree means that she is totally unqualified for her position as Lady in waiting?

I don't think so.

I fail to see what only holding a bachelor's degree is some kind of defect. Maybe Britt is not that scholastically ambitious...maybe she didn't want to proceed to the next level (do we have proof that she did and failed). A lot of people get a degree in one subject and later find out that they dont' want to pursue a career in that field. Myself for example, I have a bachelors in History and have always been a salesperson.

Obviously it is very hard for you to comprehend that in Denmark you will take the full Candidate if you possibly can manage it - because you otherwise will be competing against the majority who did take the full Candidate.

An employe will of course hire the one with the Candidate and not the Bachelor.

That is logic and has nothing to do with anything else.

I don't think so.

How about those of us who didn't attend university? Are we completely unemployable failures? :lol:

You hit the nail, Zonk.

Come on Benedikte, you are getting in deep. :p

How about QMII? I don't believe she got a masters.
Yet few will question her competence.

Last edited:
Well I think you are reading things into it.
Britt could have taken half an education as a mechanic and I would still say that I think an employe would hire the full educated mechanic before he engages the half educated.

I'm only pointing out logic.

Obviously it is very hard for you to comprehend that in Denmark you will take the full Candidate if you possibly can manage it - because you otherwise will be competing against the majority who did take the full Candidate.

That is logic and has nothing to do with anything else.

And that is a very valid point if Britt was a teacher, lawyer, social worker, doctor or held any type of position that if she were competing in a pool of candidates for a particular position ---- because she only has a bachelors and not a Masters she might not get the job. That is very true.

BUT

We are talking about her current position as Lady In waiting. Futhermore, one is making the assumption that 1) she tried to get a Masters and failed to do so and 2) she even wants a Masters.

Since we are not privvy to Britts thoughts and ultimate career goals, one shouldn't assume IMO. You've certainly made your point and pointed out (several times) the logic of your argument but I fail to see how it matters unless we know the answers to the questions that I asked.

Perhaps you are talking about the "walking around doing nothing" job. I'm not. I am asking what she has been doing careerwise before.

As you can read in my comments.

Zonk, to be honest, I don't know why you think this discussion is about Britt's job as L-i-W? :) Nobody ever said that or I must have missed it :)

I think its been hinted at but really I think there is a problem with Marie and anyone associated with her.

But that's just my opinion of course ;)

Ehh, no. The employer will hire the one with the best qualifications. That doesn´t necessarily means the one with Candidate-degree. It could be the Bachelordegree.

Why do you play with Benedikte? She is obviously not interested in information that have a source which can be given. She wants to state her opinions as facts.

That's not okay with me. She can't give any backup for things she claims except generalisms about how things are in Denmark as she sees it.

Mrs. Siesbye is probably a very private person. So we don't know that much about her education. Does that makes it alright to "state" that she doesn't have a higher education? That she was not able to get a job because of that?

If I was Mrs. Siesbye I would be hurt by such comments. Feel slandered.
So who is this Benedikte person who says things like that without trying to prove them and to gather facts?

Doesn't the "real" person, even if she doesn't read this forum, have a much higher right to be protected from bad mouthing or innuendos than a more or less anonymous "member" who secure in privateness talks in a negative way about somebody else?

I'd like to know what Marie ever did to this Benedikte- maybe she took Joachim away from her, or is it just total envy and jealousy?:whistling:

Okay..let's not attack her personally.

She has a right to express her opinion in a civil manner (which she is doing) just like we have a right her to question her blanket statements in a civil manner (which we are doing).

I'd like to know what Marie ever did to this Benedikte- maybe she took Joachim away from her, or is it just total envy and jealousy?:whistling:

Well

I think your statements are very uncivilized.

And I will point out that my remarks should not be understood wrongly.

I'm not stating that Marie or Britt or anyone else are dumb persons because they failed an exam.

Of course you are not a dumb person if you failed an exam.

Why do you play with Benedikte? She is obviously not interested in information that have a source which can be given. She wants to state her opinions as facts.

That's not okay with me. She can't give any backup for things she claims except generalisms about how things are in Denmark as she sees it.

Mrs. Siesbye is probably a very private person. So we don't know that much about her education. Does that makes it alright to "state" that she doesn't have a higher education? That she was not able to get a job because of that?

If I was Mrs. Siesbye I would be hurt by such comments. Feel slandered.
So who is this Benedikte person who says things like that without trying to prove them and to gather facts?

Doesn't the "real" person, even if she doesn't read this forum, have a much higher right to be protected from bad mouthing or innuendos than a more or less anonymous "member" who secure in privateness talks in a negative way about somebody else?

Remember I didn't say anything about Britt being a bachelor.

And it is pure logic that you will take the full education if you can manage it. Thats the case for men in general and it is the case for both men and women in Denmark.

And it is pure logic that an employer will prefer the one with the full education rather than the one with the half education.

How do you want me to prove this?

Do you want me to prove that the earth is round too?

Last edited by a moderator:
And it is pure logic that an employer will prefer the one with the full education rather than the one with the half education.
Perhaps to you it´s pure logic, but I have proves for just the opposite. That persons very capable of taking the candidate-degree didn´t but got a job instead and in front of a person with a candidate-degree.

I have even proves of persons without any exams at all after highschool are holding a job that you would only dream of - even if you have a candidate-degree.

Perhaps to you it´s pure logic, but I have proves for just the opposite. That persons very capable of taking the candidate-degree didn´t but got a job instead and in front of a person with a candidate-degree.

I have even proves of persons without any exams at all after highschool are holding a job that you would only dream of - even if you have a candidate-degree.

Actually I have a better job than I have ever dreamed of.

I'm sorry to say - but it is impossibly to know if some one could achieve a degree when the haven't actually taken it.

I know of very intelligent persons who has failed exams.

That is a very big surprise for me that a company preferred a person in front of a person with a degree unless the job was suited for a non academic person.

Am I supposed to scream for evidence and accuse you of lying at this point of the debate?:lol:

Benedikte is not much wrong. If you apply for a job in Denmark that requires a university degree (or heaps of experience) few bachelors make it through the first round. It's simply the norm in Denmark that if you want to say you've finished university, you don't mean a bachelor, but the bachelor AND the masters. An analog could be not finishing high-school in the US. While it may not be a defect having been a freshman, sophmore and a junior, it's finishing the senior year that really counts, no?

But I agree - a bachelor is not a "defect" and it doesn't make you unemployable - it will raise eyebrows however. It'll be a common question, especially from other graduates, why you haven's "finished" university? (i.e. you weren't clever enough). Another matter is, does it take any degree to be a LiW? Personally, I'd assume it takes entirely different qualities than academic ones. Personal qualifications for instance.

Well, bachelor or not, her LIW does not require a degree for this job. A few private lessons on how to handle stuff in public I would assume & what to expect on the job.

Crown Princess Mary "only" has an undergraduate degree. I think we all agree that she is well-qualified for the job of future Queen. So how on Earth could "only having an undergraduate degree" not qualify someone to be a lady-in-waiting? Please folks - it's all about capabilities, not paper qualifications!

Crown Princess Mary "only" has an undergraduate degree. I think we all agree that she is well-qualified for the job of future Queen. So how on Earth could "only having an undergraduate degree" not qualify someone to be a lady-in-waiting? Please folks - it's all about capabilities, not paper qualifications!

No one is wondering why a person from another country than Denmark has a bachelor. In a lot of countrys the bachelor will be the full education.

But when you are danish and have achieved a bachelor in Denmark it will often be because you failed an exam. Because in Denmark you will take the full education if you possibly can manage it. A bachelor is not a full education in Denmark that is.

I'm not thinking Britt is not capable of doing the job as LIW. On the contraory I think she will make a good LIW.

Marie and Britt has got a lot in common and will have a jolly good time supporting skiing and so on.

who are we to discuss on someone who is a PRIVATE person and not a public one, like britt? her role for the royal family does not make her a public personality in the same way as caroline heering or any other staff of the royal family are just that, workers of. by no means they are "public figures". i believe this thread is to discuss her involvement with marie rather than herself and her private life and even question her choices and life until the moment she became LIW.

besides, who are we to judge britt on the grounds of no official information? no academic information has been released officially, neither details about where she worked previously or what she has done. if the queen and marie have judged her appropriate for the LIW role, then i guess they know better. do we judge on how good margrethe's chef or her doorman are? if they are good for them, i doubt they are not good for us. they work for THEM and it's them who decide who to give their jobs to.

who are we to discuss on someone who is a PRIVATE person and not a public one, like britt? her role for the royal family does not make her a public personality in the same way as caroline heering or any other staff of the royal family are just that, workers of. by no means they are "public figures". i believe this thread is to discuss her involvement with marie rather than herself and her private life and even question her choices and life until the moment she became LIW.

besides, who are we to judge britt on the grounds of no official information? no academic information has been released officially, neither details about where she worked previously or what she has done. if the queen and marie have judged her appropriate for the LIW role, then i guess they know better. do we judge on how good margrethe's chef or her doorman are? if they are good for them, i doubt they are not good for us. they work for THEM and it's them who decide who to give their jobs to.

I completly agree with you

Let's move on & discuss Princess Marie's LIW roles & not their private life's.
Further posts will be deleted.

Marie and Britt has got a lot in common and will have a jolly good time supporting skiing and so on.

Yes, moving on from the personal - Marie will of course also continue doing her literary, business, cultural and other patronages to great acclaim and appreciation, I'm sure you will agree Benedikte!

Last edited:
Yes, moving on from the personal - Marie will of course also continue doing her literary, business, cultural and other patronages to great acclaim and appreciation, I'm sure you will agree Benedikte!

Are you thinking of a special patronage?

What other patronages has she been offered?

I'm guessing the Unesco was a patronage she was handed down from Henrik.

And that gave her the headline "Marie is bored".

I'm sorry - you asked my opinion.

(...)

Last edited by a moderator:
According to the website she has the following patronages:

Protektioner
  • Copenhagen Jewellery Fair og Bella Nordic Jewellery Award
  • Danmarks Skiforbund
  • Den danske UNESCO-nationalkommission
  • Landsforeningen Autisme
  • Prix littéraire des Ambassadeurs
  • Tønder Festival
Perhaps she was asked from some more but decided against them for some reason or the other?

Back
Top Bottom