The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #41  
Old 12-17-2010, 03:29 PM
Sternchen's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: xxx, Germany
Posts: 1,282
Becoming a mother
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 12-19-2010, 02:17 PM
Benedikte's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts: 234
Well it explaines the big friendship.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 12-19-2010, 02:20 PM
Lumutqueen's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carlton, York, United Kingdom
Posts: 17,190
What do you mean Benedikte?
__________________
We Will Remember Them.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 12-22-2010, 11:46 AM
Benedikte's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts: 234
Britt is a danish woman and in Denmark you generally choose to work even if you marry a wealthy man. Unless you have no education and only can get dead end jobs.

Therefor I was guessing that Britt had been working in a dead end job like Marie Cavallier.

I love your quote:

"To dare is to lose one's footing momentarily. Not to dare is to lose oneself."

The danish philosopher Søren Kierkegaard.

Another quote from him:

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 12-22-2010, 11:51 AM
Lumutqueen's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carlton, York, United Kingdom
Posts: 17,190
Well i'm quoting it from Prince Frederik not from this philospher.
And you don't count being a Lady-in-waiting as a job? Actually, you probably don't.
__________________
We Will Remember Them.
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 12-22-2010, 12:10 PM
FasterB's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts: 1,096
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sternchen View Post
Managing and waiting on unsuspecting customers
Yes, that was an unexpected and delightful experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benedikte View Post
Britt is a danish woman and in Denmark you generally choose to work even if you marry a wealthy man. Unless you have no education and only can get dead end jobs.

Therefor I was guessing that Britt had been working in a dead end job like Marie Cavallier.
Benedikte, what is it that you have against Princess Marie (she hasn´t been Marie Cavallier since she got married in 2008) and the people around her? Just because you/I/we can´t find anything about Britt Siesbye then it doesn´t mean that she´s uneducated and only can get dead end jobs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Well i'm quoting it from Prince Frederik not from this philospher.
And CP Frederik was quoting from Søren Kierkegaard (5. May 1813 – 11. November 1855)
__________________
Where charity and love are, God is there.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 12-22-2010, 01:45 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: alpine village, Germany
Posts: 1,804
Quote:
Originally Posted by FasterB View Post
Just because you/I/we can´t find anything about Britt Siesbye then it doesn´t mean that she´s uneducated and only can get dead end jobs.
A short look at other zhreads here would have shown Benedikte that Britt's maiden name is Tang-Lassen.
Enter that in google and you'll find immediately (5th or so link) that she passed her bachelor in literature in 2002 at the university of Odense.
http://www1.sdu.dk/Adm/aarsberetning/2002/kandidat.pdf

I stopped at this point because for me it's the people that count not their education. So when lovely Marie befriends this lady, its fine with me, whatever further education she has or hasn't.

But Benedikte, I find it a bit strange not to be able to do such a little check on somebody yourself before you slander this lady with innuendos here about her lack of education. Seems someone else is lacking something here: the will to check facts before saying something negative. Which is something I personally don't like on forums.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benedikte View Post
Britt is a danish woman and in Denmark you generally choose to work even if you marry a wealthy man.
When the German economy was at a low and we had so many people not being able to get work, a lot of media commentators asked the career wifes of wealthy men to give up their jobs to those unemployed women who actually needed them to survive. Instead they should turn to charity or to raising the next generation of Germans...

You may think about this as you like but this is as valid an argument as the one you seem to imply: that not to work as the wife of a wealthy man is indulging yourself. Things have always two sides and sometimes it is nicer to look at both sides and decided in favour of a person when not knowing the details. My opinion, that is.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 12-22-2010, 02:24 PM
FasterB's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts: 1,096
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kataryn View Post
A short look at other zhreads here would have shown Benedikte that Britt's maiden name is Tang-Lassen.
Enter that in google and you'll find immediately (5th or so link) that she passed her bachelor in literature in 2002 at the university of Odense.
http://www1.sdu.dk/Adm/aarsberetning/2002/kandidat.pdf

I stopped at this point because for me it's the people that count not their education. So when lovely Marie befriends this lady, its fine with me, whatever further education she has or hasn't.

But Benedikte, I find it a bit strange not to be able to do such a little check on somebody yourself before you slander this lady with innuendos here about her lack of education. Seems someone else is lacking something here: the will to check facts before saying something negative. Which is something I personally don't like on forums.
Thank you, Kataryn, I couldn´t remember the maiden name of Britt, so I couldn´t do the right search. I just googled "Britt Siesbye" and "Britt Davidsen Siesbye". But I´m glad you found something about her education


Quote:
Originally Posted by Kataryn View Post
When the German economy was at a low and we had so many people not being able to get work, a lot of media commentators asked the career wifes of wealthy men to give up their jobs to those unemployed women who actually needed them to survive. Instead they should turn to charity or to raising the next generation of Germans...
That would´ve been great if they did How did it turn out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kataryn View Post
You may think about this as you like but this is as valid an argument as the one you seem to imply: that not to work as the wife of a wealthy man is indulging yourself. Things have always two sides and sometimes it is nicer to look at both sides and decided in favour of a person when not knowing the details. My opinion, that is.
I agree with you
__________________
Where charity and love are, God is there.
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 12-22-2010, 03:09 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: alpine village, Germany
Posts: 1,804
Quote:
Originally Posted by FasterB View Post

That would´ve been great if they did How did it turn out?
I doubt it changed anything apart from starting discussions of the readers. I do work eg - I did work even though I raised a child and I still do. But that's because I love my work and we have a better and securer life with two incomes.

If I'd been rich, I guess I would have done the same work, but unpaid for, as a volonteer and would have had the money for a nanny which would have given my son more attention. Maybe too much? I'll never know and I don't bother to think about that as he is a fine guy, very capable of doing things alone.

But I understand from my own example that any case is different, so I personally refrain from commenting on other people's choices.

As fro Marie's LIW: as she has a degree in literature she probably is a very competent guide to the Danish culture for Marie who seems to be very interested in her new homeland. So surely they don't talk kids and fashion all the time when they're together but Britt Siesbye is a good consultant for Marie as well as a reliable friend. Whis has merit, as I see it.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 12-22-2010, 03:23 PM
FasterB's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts: 1,096
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kataryn View Post
I doubt it changed anything apart from starting discussions of the readers. I do work eg - I did work even though I raised a child and I still do. But that's because I love my work and we have a better and securer life with two incomes.

If I'd been rich, I guess I would have done the same work, but unpaid for, as a volonteer and would have had the money for a nanny which would have given my son more attention. Maybe too much? I'll never know and I don't bother to think about that as he is a fine guy, very capable of doing things alone.

But I understand from my own example that any case is different, so I personally refrain from commenting on other people's choices.

As fro Marie's LIW: as she has a degree in literature she probably is a very competent guide to the Danish culture for Marie who seems to be very interested in her new homeland. So surely they don't talk kids and fashion all the time when they're together but Britt Siesbye is a good consultant for Marie as well as a reliable friend. Whis has merit, as I see it.
I couldn´t agree more with all your post
__________________
Where charity and love are, God is there.
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 12-22-2010, 04:55 PM
Benedikte's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts: 234
Thanks for the enthusiastic comments.

If you would be so kind to read my comment you can see that I'm merely asking about her background.

And I was only explaining what I was thinking, because Lumutqueen asked me.

As you can tell by my comments, I didn't say anything about Britt beeing a dumb girl waiting for a rich man.

I suppose Britt has learned something being a bachelor of litterature.

But that also explains why she hasn't got a job. In Denmark it is very difficult to get a job on a bachelor degree because 99 pct. take the full education as a Candidate. Unless the fail exams - then they can't.

If you only take the bachelor - in Denmark that is - it probably is becouse you failed an examen and therefor not are allowed to complete the Candidate.

But that is in Denmark. I know that in a lot of other countries a bachelor is the completion of the education.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 12-22-2010, 05:47 PM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 91
If Princess Marie has a lady in waiting because she is going to do more duties and more official travel, I hope she gets a proper royal wardrobe. Indeed, the borrowing of clothes has got stupid.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 12-23-2010, 03:31 AM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: alpine village, Germany
Posts: 1,804
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benedikte View Post
But that also explains why she hasn't got a job. In Denmark it is very difficult to get a job on a bachelor degree because 99 pct. take the full education as a Candidate. Unless the fail exams - then they can't.

If you only take the bachelor - in Denmark that is - it probably is becouse you failed an examen and therefor not are allowed to complete the Candidate.

But that is in Denmark. I know that in a lot of other countries a bachelor is the completion of the education.
Where did you get the information that Mrs. Siesbye only has the bachelor? I said I stopped doing research after I found this information. Did you check her further? Or is this information provided by others enough to base an opinion about a person and then publish this opinion?

There is a good chance that Mrs. Siesbye in 2004 passed her Master or however it is called in Denmark. Or isn't the Bachelor/Master-education a two-step thing like it is here in Germany? Maybe she even researches her topic at the moment for her PH.D. thesis... Or she simply volonteers at the local library...You don't know and I don't know, so please stop speculating and provide us with facts you base your opinion on.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 12-23-2010, 05:08 AM
auntie's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Middlesex, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,503
Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan D View Post
If Princess Marie has a lady in waiting because she is going to do more duties and more official travel, I hope she gets a proper royal wardrobe. Indeed, the borrowing of clothes has got stupid.
Who's clothes does she borrow?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 12-23-2010, 05:21 AM
Benedikte's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts: 234
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kataryn View Post
A short look at other zhreads here would have shown Benedikte that Britt's maiden name is Tang-Lassen.
Enter that in google and you'll find immediately (5th or so link) that she passed her bachelor in literature in 2002 at the university of Odense.
http://www1.sdu.dk/Adm/aarsberetning/2002/kandidat.pdf

I stopped at this point because for me it's the people that count not their education. So when lovely Marie befriends this lady, its fine with me, whatever further education she has or hasn't.

But Benedikte, I find it a bit strange not to be able to do such a little check on somebody yourself before you slander this lady with innuendos here about her lack of education. Seems someone else is lacking something here: the will to check facts before saying something negative. Which is something I personally don't like on forums.



When the German economy was at a low and we had so many people not being able to get work, a lot of media commentators asked the career wifes of wealthy men to give up their jobs to those unemployed women who actually needed them to survive. Instead they should turn to charity or to raising the next generation of Germans...

You may think about this as you like but this is as valid an argument as the one you seem to imply: that not to work as the wife of a wealthy man is indulging yourself. Things have always two sides and sometimes it is nicer to look at both sides and decided in favour of a person when not knowing the details. My opinion, that is.
As you can read I was not the one saying Britt is a Bachelor.

I can only tell you that when you only pass the degree as a bachelor in Denmark you are likely to be unimployed because you are competing with the majority that completed the full education.

I'm aware that a bachelor is the main rule in other countries but in Denmark you only take a bachelor because you failed an exam.

And I would like you to remember that I was asked what I was Thinking. I was not asked if I had been studying Britt.

I have only been sharing my thoughts about Britt was likely to have a dead end job as she has chosen to be unimployed - because in Denmark it is very unusually not to work.

But now I can see it is likely she is unvolutarily unimployed - failing an eaxam and not getting the full degree.

I didn't write that Britt and Marie only was fitt to be waiting for a husbond.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 12-23-2010, 07:02 AM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: alpine village, Germany
Posts: 1,804
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benedikte View Post
But now I can see it is likely she is unvolutarily unimployed - failing an eaxam and not getting the full degree.
Benedikte, where did you get that information from? Where does it say that Mrs. Siesbye has failed an exam, did not get the full degree and thus did not get a job? Did a paper write about that? Did you get information about her background from another source? Or is this just "your thinking"?

If so, this is not the right place to publish your "thinking". At least in my opinion. You simply cannot make claims like that about other people without backing these claims up with reliable information. At least that's what I thought was the policy on these forums?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 12-23-2010, 09:27 AM
UserDane's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 1,965
I second your sentiment Kataryn It's really ... I don't know what to call it ... to read Benedikte's constant insinuations about Marie and everybody around her.
__________________
Some people say that cats are sneaky, evil, and cruel. True, and they have many other fine qualities as well.
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 12-23-2010, 10:43 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Guimarães, Portugal
Posts: 741
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benedikte View Post
As you can read I was not the one saying Britt is a Bachelor.

I can only tell you that when you only pass the degree as a bachelor in Denmark you are likely to be unimployed because you are competing with the majority that completed the full education.

I'm aware that a bachelor is the main rule in other countries but in Denmark you only take a bachelor because you failed an exam.

And I would like you to remember that I was asked what I was Thinking. I was not asked if I had been studying Britt.

I have only been sharing my thoughts about Britt was likely to have a dead end job as she has chosen to be unimployed - because in Denmark it is very unusually not to work.

But now I can see it is likely she is unvolutarily unimployed - failing an eaxam and not getting the full degree.

I didn't write that Britt and Marie only was fitt to be waiting for a husbond.
Ok Benedikte,

I think they are beatiful too.

Merry Chistmas to everyone.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 12-23-2010, 11:28 AM
Cinderella5x's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Huntington Beach, United States
Posts: 1,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan D View Post
If Princess Marie has a lady in waiting because she is going to do more duties and more official travel, I hope she gets a proper royal wardrobe. Indeed, the borrowing of clothes has got stupid.

What is it with that borrowing of clothes you are talking about everywhere?
__________________
NOTHING IS FORGOTTEN... NOTHING IS EVER FORGOTTEN...
But what is truth? Not easy to define. We both have truths, are yours the same as mine?
YOUR DAILY CLICK HELPS ANIMALS SURVIVE! Feed an animal in need, click for free: http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 12-23-2010, 01:32 PM
Benedikte's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts: 234
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kataryn View Post
Benedikte, where did you get that information from? Where does it say that Mrs. Siesbye has failed an exam, did not get the full degree and thus did not get a job? Did a paper write about that? Did you get information about her background from another source? Or is this just "your thinking"?

If so, this is not the right place to publish your "thinking". At least in my opinion. You simply cannot make claims like that about other people without backing these claims up with reliable information. At least that's what I thought was the policy on these forums?
I can tell you that when you only pass the degree as a bachelor in Denmark you are likely to be unimployed because you are competing with the majority that completed the full education.

I'm aware that a bachelor is the main rule in other countries but in Denmark you only take a bachelor because you failed an exam.

Do you understand english? Your remarks has nothing to do with what I have written. Are you able to understand that in Denmark conditions may be different than in your country?

I have only been sharing my thoughts about Britt was likely to have a dead end job as she has chosen to be unimployed - because in Denmark it is very unusually not to work.

But now I can see it is likely she is unvolutarily unimployed - failing an eaxam and not getting the full degree.

And I would like you to remember that I was asked what I was Thinking.

I'm only answering a question.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Crown Princess Mary's Ladies-in-Waiting Jasl Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary and Family 402 09-10-2014 01:40 PM
Family of Maria de Salinas, Lady-in-Waiting to Catalina de Aragon ysbel Spanish Royal History 14 01-17-2013 10:12 AM
Patronages of Prince Joachim & Princess Marie dazzling Prince Joachim and Princess Marie and Family 1 09-10-2009 05:29 PM
lady in waiting rosalyn Crown Prince Haakon & Crown Princess Mette-Marit and Family 7 03-25-2007 05:43 AM




Popular Tags
belgium brussels carl philip charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events engagement fashion genealogy germany grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta sofia jordan king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander letizia luxembourg nobility official visit olympics ottoman pieter van vollenhoven poland president hollande president komorowski prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince daniel prince floris prince pieter-christiaan princess aimee princess alexia (2005 -) princess anita princess beatrix princess charlene princess laurentien princess madeleine princess margriet princess marilene princess mary princess mary fashion queen fabiola queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal royal fashion russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit sweden the hague wedding winter olympics 2014



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:54 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]