Princess Marie, Current Events Part 1: March 2009 - June 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm also bi-lingual and haven't noticed anything unusual about P Marie's pronunciation of "s" --- must admit I haven't heard much of her public speaking, but didn't notice anything peculiar in the little bit that has been recorded.

It would be nice to have a video of some of her recent speeches or presentations. Are any available?

Came across a few pictures of P.Marie on the 27 Oct 2009 at the unesco conference

Gallery

Pics 5.2.2010

The exclusive lunch restaurant "Ida Davidsen" in Copenhagen named
a dish after Princess Marie. The restaurant is known for their "open-
faced" sandwiches and several dishes are named after Royals and
celebrities. Princess Marie celebrated the honor with the owner Oscar
Siesbye the day before her 34 th birthday. February 5, 2010.

The dish ingredients: 1 piece of dark bread, a little butter, 4 slices of
swordfish, 6 green asparagus, fresh made scrambled egg with black
truffle topped with salmon caviar and seaweed salad.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

yum, marie's dish certainly sounds tasty!

which other celebrities have their dishes at the restaurant?

Not bad pictures but I dont like them taken in the kitchen, wouldve looked better and more proffesional in the resturant seating area IMO especially if she didnt prepare the dish herself.

The exclusive lunch restaurant "Ida Davidsen" in Copenhagen named
a dish after Princess Marie. The restaurant is known for their "open-
faced" sandwiches and several dishes are named after Royals and
celebrities. Princess Marie celebrated the honor with the owner Oscar
Siesbye the day before her 34 th birthday. February 5, 2010.

The dish ingredients: 1 piece of dark bread, a little butter, 4 slices of
swordfish, 6 green asparagus, fresh made scrambled egg with black
truffle topped with salmon caviar and seaweed salad.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

she is cute and taken the photos is the kitchen is an adorable gesture:flowers:

Not bad pictures but I dont like them taken in the kitchen, wouldve looked better and more proffesional in the resturant seating area IMO especially if she didnt prepare the dish herself.
It is not about her eating but that the restaurant developed a dish in her name. She is honoring the chef.

Yes, I think so too.
She is very natural and she has so called "joie de vivre".
It is a pleasure to see Princess Marie at every event she attends.
Good job , Marie.

I like this look.
Marie looks like modern version of Mary.

Totally agree with you about the look and she obviously felt
very comfortable with it - which is most important of course ;)

The follwoing article from billed-bladet includes more pics of
yesterday's event:

** Prinsesse Marie besøgte den franske ambassade **

("Princess Marie visited the French Embassy")

Marie looked really confident at this event, she also looked really nice, the best she has looked so far though it looked like she was dressed for a winter engagement.

Do we know if her event in Paris tomorrow is cancelled or still on?
Thanks for all the pictures.

Yes, Marie looks very confident in this dark outfit. It's a very big contrast to the evening gowns she wore to celebrate the queen's birthday.

Though she is now experimenting with different styles and colors for evening wear, she still hasn't hit the mark, in my opinion. Mary, on the other hand, looked every inch a future queen, particularly in the white gown she wore. It was stunning, her hairdo and makeup were also truly amazing. Absolutely beautiful.

Marie's hairdo and makeup are always very good, but the dressses themselves need help. With the exception of her wedding gown, the black dress she wore in China, the gown she wore for the wedding in France, and the blue gown she wore while pregnant, the rest either don't fit her well or just don't look refined. It's hard to say exactly what is off, but something isn't right.

Marie's hairdo and makeup are always very good, but the dressses themselves need help. With the exception of her wedding gown, the black dress she wore in China, the gown she wore for the wedding in France, and the blue gown she wore while pregnant, the rest either don't fit her well or just don't look refined. It's hard to say exactly what is off, but something isn't right.

I completely agree with you, rylt11. I have come to my own conclusion that CP Mary has a much larger clothing budget and perhaps a full-time stylist to pull of such flawless looks time after time. Sometimes it appears that Princess Marie was left to her own devices to coordinate an outfit and it ends up looking a bit mismatched and ill-fitted. I don't mean to criticize her just to say that it's not easy to do, even with Marie's beauty and great figure.

I like this look.
Marie looks like modern version of Mary.

I have to say that I don't agree, because it would mean that CP Mary dresses "old"
Actually, even if Princess Marie is a few years younger than Mary, I think that out of the two of them it is the younger who tends to dress "old". Maybe because as Windsorgirl said Mary has better stylists and much more money compares to her. But even then, Marie's outfits are often heavy-looking with mourning colours and old-shapes etc... and it's a pity sometimes because she is quite petite and thus looks a bit "eaten" by her outfits. This time it was fine, close-cut and all, but again it's black during spring time. Or maybe I am very wrong because it was raining :D:D

Summary of note in Billed Bladet #17, 2010.
Marie I Dronningens fodspor – Marie in the footsteps of the Queen.

La Marie popped by the French embassy along with other invited guests to learn about the possibilities for supporting the Danish Students House in Paris, which has been in existence since 1932. The economy is a bit strained so new means are most welcome. So far Queen Margrethe has been patron of the house but it seems obvious that Princess Marie will now take over.

Thanks for the photos ;)
I especially like this one ;) She looks a bit like Mary here.

Quite a surprising turnout for Marie which is really nice to see. This doesn't only look like a rose naming event but also maybe a mini festival or tour of the island.
I like her casualness for the event even though in the past Mary & Alexandra wore quite formal outfits with hats, Marie seems to be dressed for summer and dressed down a bit according to the place she is visiting. Maybe if it was an event in the capital she would've dressed more appropriate.

Video
http://www.tv2fyn.dk/video?video_id=33073

I have no clue what she is saying in the video, but she looks very approachable and sweet.

Last edited:
That's because it a festival, a rose-festival. A royal attendance is icing on the cake, so they are pretty pleased in the town of Bogense.
The island of Funen, where Bogense is located, is also where the most "melodic" Danish is spoken.

Anyway, Princess Marie were presented with flowers named in her honour and she said a few words in return, which were clearly rehearsed. For once I had problems understanding her. Her accent was unusually thick. I guess she was nervous.

Because the very same Marie was very easy to understand indeed when she was just speaking to people or answering questions. I noticed just one typical grammatical error but her pronounciation is very careful.

She was asked about her opinion on the Mary pregnancy and she replied it was lovely.
And then something I have noticed before, which I find so endearing. Notice towards the end where she is sitting in the carriage. She gets slightly embarrassed when asked about having more children of her own. She replies that it would be lovely, then turn her face away, before adding: "But not right now".

Quite a surprising turnout for Marie which is really nice to see. This doesn't only look like a rose naming event but also maybe a mini festival or tour of the island.
I like her casualness for the event even though in the past Mary & Alexandra wore quite formal outfits with hats, Marie seems to be dressed for summer and dressed down a bit according to the place she is visiting. Maybe if it was an event in the capital she would've dressed more appropriate.

Video
TV 2/Fyn

I have no clue what she is saying in the video, but she looks very approachable and sweet.

Marie looks pregnant! She is glowing. She is so natural and at ease. What if she and Mary have three girls between them - then Marie can name hers Mary Ingrid (plus one of her family names), and Mary can name one of hers Ingrid Marie!

it's lovely to see marie again. i think she looks great, very relaxed and approachable. it's true a summer hat would have fitted her outfit nicely. i wonder whether she got offered one of those baby dresses for herself and mary's twins! it would have been very appropriate... :)

i spotted marie's LIW in the pictures here: http://images.fyens.dk/7/841407_750_496_0_0_0_0.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom