Princess Marie's Charities and Patronages

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ricarda

Serene Highness
City
Vienna
Country
Austria
The patronages of Princess Marie that are covered in this thread are

The Copenhagen Jewellery Fair & Bella Nordic Jewellery Award
The Wadden Sea Festival
Copenhagen Cooking
The Emergency Management Agency (DEMA)
The North European Amateur Theatre Alliance
The Danish Student House in Paris
The Danish Epilepsy Association
The Kattegat Centre
The European School Copenhagen

- The Danish moderation team -​

Marie has become patron of Copenhagen Jewellery Fair and Bella Nordic Jewellery Award
Kongehuset - Kongehuset - HKH Prinsesse Marie - Æreshverv
Info about the fair
EXHIBITORS - Copenhagen Jewellery Fair 2010

Last edited by a moderator:
Great news, thanks for the information.
It's interesting to see how Marie is going to get involved. She doesnt seem to be someone who dresses much in jewls and so on.

August 29 is the first outing for Marie at this event according to BB's article

Last edited by a moderator:

A first pic from yesterday's event:

Princess Marie as patron visited the Copenhagen Jewellery Fair (August
25 - August 29) on Sunday, August 29, to present the Bella Nordic Jewellery
Award to this year's Scandinavia’s best jewellery designer Nina Meinertz.

** Pic **

Beautiful appearence:flowers:
She is very feminine and warm and she seemed very interested when she met those people.
I like her more and more (an I liked her jewelery from last days). :clap:

Nice friendly low-key event - and how funny that they had to sweep sand from the red carpet. But seriously, I think Marie should take a leaf out of the book of the older royals and wear more festive colours to a festival opening! Queen Elizabeth and Queen Margrethe always get it right.

This is the second time recently that Marie has worn black or very dark corporate colours to an event.

And Marie could carry off a brightly coloured outfit without looking frumpy or "dressed too old" ...

That said - she certainly has the personality, attitude and bright pretty face to carry off the event in any case!

Princess Marie as Patron attended the opening of Copenhagen Cooking 2011 -
Nordic Taste in Copenhagen today, August 27, 2011.

** ppe gallery **

Princess Marie as Patron attended the "Bella Nordic Jewellery Award 2011" at the Bella Center in
Copenhagen today, August 28, 2011 and handed over the awards. Here's a great galley from bt.dk:

** bt.dk: Gravide Marie viste maven frem **

(the pic with the white top and the grey pants is an old one, used for a comparison ;))

^^ Very nice pics of Marie. That dress looks wonderful on her and it "showed" her bump:), which is bigger than I was expecting it to be. How many months pregnant is she?

^^ Very nice pics of Marie. That dress looks wonderful on her and it "showed" her bump:), which is bigger than I was expecting it to be. How many months pregnant is she?

She is at least 4 months along in her pregnancy, as Marie is due in January 2012. They managed to keep it under wraps, so to speak, for a long time.

^^ Very nice pics of Marie. That dress looks wonderful on her and it "showed" her bump:), which is bigger than I was expecting it to be.

As a result side shots are most popular at the moment..;)

Here are some additions for both patronage events on August 27 and 28:

A great large gallery of the opening of Copenhagen Cooking 2011 - Nordic Taste:

** msn.dk: Henrik ved ikke, at han skal være storebror **

And four more of the Copenhagen Jewellery Fair:

** sn.dk: Se billederne: Marie så på funklende smykker ** danapress/belga gallery ** ppe gallery ** svenskdam.se **

** Purepeople: La princesse Marie dévoile ses premières rondeurs de femme enceinte **

** svenskdam.se: Mer Marie **

Last edited:
Grevinde Alexandra skygger for Marie - Royale - BT.dk
A September 21st article from BT online comparing the number of patronages held by Countess Alexandra and Princess Marie. There's criticism that after 3 years in the DRF, that Princess Marie should have more patronages than she does now.

It is clear that Princess Marie's patronages are mostly related to where she lives permanently.

Grevinde Alexandra skygger for Marie - Royale - BT.dk
A September 21st article from BT online comparing the number of patronages held by Countess Alexandra and Princess Marie. There's criticism that after 3 years in the DRF, that Princess Marie should have more patronages than she does now.

It is clear that Princess Marie's patronages are mostly related to where she lives permanently.

Absolutely, and so increasingly is Joachim's work.

BT belongs to Berlinske Hus, their publishing house. Along with their sister paper, Berlinske Tidende. Berlinske Tidende is a Copenhagener newspaper that is hardly sold at all in Southern Jutland or Funen.
BT is a tabloid and as such it rarely deals with local news, unless they believe it will interest all their readers.
If you ask local papers like Jyske Vestkysten or Fyns Stiftstidende, you'll soon discover, as has our news sniffers on this forum, that J&M feature quite often and pretty prominently.

When Alexandra was around, she was the star. She had the place Mary has now and she mostly lived, and preferred to live, I think, in Copenhagen. As such she was sought after and could take on a wider range of patronicies (spll?)
Now there is not only Mary, but QMII and Benedikte are still around as well. On top of that Alexandra is still patron for no less than 13 causes. La charmant Marie is basically left with leftovers.

It seems to me that our Marie actually thrive in Southern Jutland and that she is pretty content with being the local "lady of the manor".
And it seems to me that papers like BT dismiss the local affilliation and local loyalty, which can be pretty fierce.

Last edited:

Princess Marie as Patron has attended the official opening of the international theatre festival NEATA (North European Amateur Theatre Alliance) at Sønderborg Castle and its opening performance of "Prodigal" at Sønderborg Theatre this evening, July 31, 2012. The festival takes place from July 31 till August 5 this year with the theme "Culture across borders – theatre crossing borders".

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 ** Pic 7 ** Pic 8 ** Pic 9 **

** dinby.dk gallery **

** tvsyd.dk video: Prinsesse Marie åbnede teaterfestival **

** lehtikuva.fi gallery: Tanskan prinsessa Marie puupäiden seurassa **

** BB: Marie var ved at flække af grin ** translation **

** soenderborg.lokalavisen.dk gallery: Prinsesse Marie åbnede teaterfestival **

** purepeople: Princesse Marie : Cernée par une bande masquée, elle joue bien la comédie **

Last edited:

Princess Marie as Patron attended the opening of the exhibition "François Boucher – Fragments of a world picture" in Holte today, August 16, 2012.

The exhibition shows around 70 of the artist's works on paper from private and public collections in France, including the Louvre in Paris. It will run until November 4, 2012.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 ** Pic 7 ** Pic 8 ** Pic 9 ** Pic 10 ** Pic 11 **

** sn.dk gallery: Billeder: Prinsesse Marie åbnede udstilling **

** BB gallery: Maries sommerkjole ** BB: Prinsesse Maries skønne, florlette sommerkjole ** translation **

** pp gallery: Princesse Marie : Lumineuse pour une plongée dans un passé rococo **

** svenskdam.se: …och Marie öppnade utställning **

Last edited:
Thank you, Iceflower :flowers:

Here are three HQ pics of our Marie:
http://www.bt.dk/sites/default/file...sse-marie-bner-udstilling-p-gl-holtegaard.jpg

http://www.bt.dk/sites/default/file...sse-marie-bner-udstilling-p-gl-holtegaard.jpg

http://www.bt.dk/sites/default/files-dk/node-images/489/5/5489944-marie.jpg

With a brief article: Prinsesse Marie strålede i skøn sommerkjole - kvinder.bt.dk | www.bt.dk

The event took place in a posh part of the greater Copenhagen area called Holte.
It's a place where you are a pauper if you only got one boat. :p

A couple of details from our Marie's event from BB.

She was twenty minutes late, presumably due to the rushhour.
Her earrings are fromJewelsCph.
(See close up here: http://www.bt.dk/sites/default/files-dk/node-images/489/5/5489944-marie.jpg).

Princess Marie as Patron attended the opening of the exhibition "François Boucher – Fragments of a world picture" in Holte today, August 16, 2012.

The exhibition shows around 70 of the artist's works on paper from private and public collections in France, including the Louvre in Paris. It will run until November 4, 2012.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 ** Pic 7 ** Pic 8 ** Pic 9 ** Pic 10 ** Pic 11 **

** sn.dk gallery: Billeder: Prinsesse Marie åbnede udstilling **

** BB gallery: Maries sommerkjole ** BB: Prinsesse Maries skønne, florlette sommerkjole ** translation **

** pp gallery: Princesse Marie : Lumineuse pour une plongée dans un passé rococo **

** svenskdam.se: …och Marie öppnade utställning **

Last edited:
Summary of article in Billed Bladet #35, 2012.
Elsker mad og music - Love food and music.
Written by Trine Larsen.

Our Marie attended the opening of Copenhagen Cooking, a ten day long food festival taking place in the Black Diamond = the National Library.
Here she was recieved by the mayor of Copenhagen, Frank Jensen, who was also to present the prizes.
One of them to chef Rene Redzepi, who arrived in the last moment on bicycle and short of breath. Got the prize and rushed off again. Apparantly a very busy man. He did however have time to say hello to Marie, before rushing out of the door.
But la charmant Marie had a belle time anyway, she was to sample all sorts of dishes. One of the dishes that got particular attention, contained ants.
These ants are bred here in DK, and in the news some time ago we, the spellbound viewers, got to see how the "ant-breeder" went out in his garden and sucked whatever number of ants that been ordered up through a hose. - I felt I should mention this, in case anyone should like to change profession.
Marie declined the ants and she told afterwards that she loves food: "And I'm also very fond of cooking". (*)

(*) Welcome to the club, Marie. :chef::D
That may also explain why she feels she's in need of a personal coach.

Last edited:
BT has some more on the new protection: http://www.bt.dk/royale/prinsesse-marie-tager-over-efter-svigermor

La Fondation Danoise can house 49 students, who attend Cité internationale Universitaire de Paris.
And they are pretty delighted with our Marie taking over: "It has been of invaluable significanse for the Danish Students House in Paris that the DRF through many years have had such a big interest for the institution. We are grateful for Her Majesty the Queen's work and (we) are now looking forward to the upcoming co-operation with Her Royal Highness Princess Marie".

It's not only for Danish students, Prince Henrik stayed there in his youth while studying in Paris and he said at a previous occasion: "When I was studying I lived there for three years. By donating I hope to ensure that Danish students will have better conditions, so that their stay, will both benefit them personally and establish contacts between France and Denmark".

Nice to see Marie getting one of the Queen patronages. I wonder what else she will be getting. Is this the second or 3rd education patronage she is for?

I saw on DRF website that Marie has become patron of Copenhagen Cooking. It's her 10th patronage.
Copenhagen Cooking
Their next festival will be 23th August to 1st September.

HRH Princess Marie visit on Thursday 20 June the European Commission, NATO and the Danish Permanent Representation to the EU in Brussels. The visit takes place through the Princess's related to Emergency Management Agency.

Information on the visit

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom