The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-19-2013, 06:37 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

HRH Princess Marie visit on Thursday 20 June the European Commission, NATO and the Danish Permanent Representation to the EU in Brussels. The visit takes place through the Princess's related to Emergency Management Agency.

Information on the visit

Old 06-20-2013, 07:45 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Kristalina Georgieva, Member of the EC in charge of International Cooperation, Humanitarian Aid and Crisis Response, received Princess Marie to visit the Emergency Response Centre in Brussels today, June 20, 2013.

Marie also met NATO Secretary General Anders Fogh Rasmussen.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** apa/picturedesk gallery ** europa.eu video **

** kongehuset.dk gallery: Besog ved EU og NATO ** nato.int gallery **

Old 06-21-2013, 11:09 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Thanks for the pictures. Its a great visit especially that its outside of Denmark. Usually she doesn't get to much solo events abroad even though it was short.
Old 06-24-2013, 10:15 AM
Heir Apparent

The DEMA site (Civil Defence) has some more details about our Marie's visit to Bruxelles: Prinsesse Marie besøger EU og NATO
That includes 8 pics.

EU has opened a common European Emergency Response Centre on 15th May, simply to better co-ordinate and organise relief on a larger scale thus making any emergency assistance from Europe more efficient and this is what Marie visited and saw.

Her guide was the EU-commissar for Humanitarian Aid, Kristalina Georgieva. Present to inform the Princess was also the manager for Relief and Civil Protection under the general secretariat of the European Commission, Claus Haugaard Sørensen. - That's the gentleman with the glasses seen in a couple of the pics.

As an ever increasing number of the areas that need relief is due to clima channges Marie also met the Commissar for the Environment, the very competent Connie Hedegaard.
Over a lunch Marie was thoroughly briefed about the problems which is the cause of the events that needs attention from the emegency centre. And she also met a number of Danes working at EU.

Later on she went to the NATO HQ, where she met the General Secretary, Anders Fogh.
He briefed her in how NATO aids EU in providing emergency relief.

The visit ended with a reception at the Danish EU ambassador, Jeppe Tranholm Mikkelsen, before she returned home late in the evening.

- Well, pretty dry stuff and not much glamour, but nevertheless essential.
Old 07-08-2013, 06:39 AM
Super Moderator

The Palace announced today that Princess Marie as patron of the AIDS Foundation
will travel to Kenya and South Africa from September 10 - 13, 2013.

** kongehuset.dk: H.K.H. Prinsesse Marie besøger Kenya og Sydafrika ** translation **
Old 07-08-2013, 07:09 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Thanks ice flower!
Such a short trip to be visiting 2 countries that are quite far. Im sure its an eye opening trip and worth the travel time. Cant wait!
Old 07-29-2013, 08:24 AM
Heir Apparent

BT informs us that the Danish Foreign Ministry has cancelled our Marie's planned trip to Kenya for the AIDS Foundation: Prinsesse Marie ramt af rejseforbud: Afrika-tur aflyst - Royale | www.bt.dk

The reason is that the Kenyan President Uhuru Kenyatta will appear before in the International Tribunal in Haag. Here he will face charges for among other things, murder, ethnic cleansing and rape.
Until the trial has ended no Danes from the official Denmark will go to Kenya - and that includes Marie.
The AIDS Foundation is of course sorry because there is a genuine need for the work of the foundation in Kenya.

The trip may be postponed until later, depending on the political situation.

ADDED: There has been a follow up from the Foreign Ministry as to why Marie in particular will not be permitted to go.
Her visit will coincide so close to the trial that she may face "critisism". - Read: demonstrations, political boycot, akward questions from the press and so on. It is the duty of the government to protect the DRF from such eventualities.
Old 08-25-2013, 11:50 AM
Heir Apparent

While Mary went abroad our Marie has been taking care of the home front.
Prinsesse Marie så på smykker

BB reports that Marie went to the Copenhagen Jewellery and Watch show. Here she presented a prize to a Finnish designer, Niko Vakkuri.
Old 08-25-2013, 03:22 PM
Super Moderator

Marie attended as Patron of the Copenhagen Jewellery and Watch Show and Nordic Jewellery Award, I've therefore moved the post over here

Here are some more pics:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** apa/picturedesk gallery **

A couple of pics can also be found in this mixed gallery:

** pp: Princesse Marie : Elle initie son fils Henrik à la folk, puis brille en solo **
Old 08-26-2013, 06:19 AM
Heir Apparent

Thanks, Iceflower.

Here is the official Facebook page for the show, in English: https://www.facebook.com/Cphjs?hc_location=timeline

At present there is at least one pic of our Marie.

A number of pics: http://www.royaumedefrance.fr/201308...w-nordic-gold/
Marie has a contagious smile.
Old 09-06-2013, 11:13 AM
Super Moderator

As Patron of the National Association for Autism Princess Marie has visited the Carefestival in Fredericia today, September 6:

** Pic ** frdb.dk: Interesseret prinsesse lyttede og spurgte ** translation **
Old 09-06-2013, 01:35 PM
Heir Presumptive

video VIDEO Prinsesse Marie besøger livsstilsmesse for handicappede | Nyheder | DR
Old 09-06-2013, 02:20 PM
Heir Apparent

Thank you, Fairy Tale

Let's have a look at what she's saying.
This translation is as close to what was said as I can possibly translate it. Phrasing and grammatical mistakes below are consistent with what our Marie said.

"I think it's very important to put focus on the handicapped people and how can you help them and improve their every day lives with new technology, innovation, offers. There are so many things here and it's exciting/interesting to have a place where people can share experiences and exhcange their ideas".

Q: What do you think of what you have seen? (Said very fast)!

M: "But/well as I say it was very exciting to see how newly technology can help handicapped people and there is a tele-machine (not sure what she is refering to), and there were games on the computer, there were so many different very, very exciting projects. I'm sure it will help many handicapped people, I hope so".

Q: As patron how important do you think it is to put focus on these things?

M: "As said before, it's very important to put focus on. And as patron of the National Association it's very important to put focus on (and here the video cracks up).

Her pronounciation is very good, she is very easy to understand. Her accent is fairly light. Especially towards the ending of the sentences, where we natives tend to snub off the endings anyway.
And as you can tell, her grammar was fine. She can hardly be blamed for the reporter not asking more varied questions!
So that's the level of her Danish.
Old 09-08-2013, 03:45 PM
Super Moderator

Finally some more pics of Marie at the Care Festival last Friday:

** ppe gallery **
Old 09-26-2013, 12:24 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

HRH Princess Marie participate on Thursday 26 September patron of Autism in Autism-Europe Congress in Budapest, Hungary, and the opening speech... More information
Old 09-27-2013, 04:28 PM
Super Moderator

The official website of the Hungarian Autistic Society has added two pics of Marie at yesterday's congress opening ceremony:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

** auti.hu: Nemzetközi Autizmus Kongresszus 1. nap, ünnepélyes megnyitó ** translation **
Old 09-29-2013, 04:41 PM

Dear Iceflower,

Let me a few correction to the previous post:
auti.hu is not the official website of the Hungarian Autistic Society, it is a national information portal run by me and my wife - parents raising autistic child.
If possible, please indicate the source of the pictures, the pic1 was originally taken and distributed by MTI (the major Hungarian News Agency), the pic2 about Princess Marie was taken by auti.hu.

We herewith say thanks to the Princess for standing with the cause of people living with autism.

Thanks.
Old 09-30-2013, 02:44 AM
Super Moderator

Thanks a lot for the additional information, bardossi!

You obviously make huge efforts for the site, it looks so professional and is filled with that much information, I guess it's understandable that one thinks it may be the main official one

Has the event attracted more public attention and press coverage in Hungaria than in the rest of Europe? Judging from the importance of the event and cause, I'm a bit disappointed that we haven't found more coverage yet.

By now two pics have been added to the royal website:

** kongehuset.dk: Åbningstale ved Autism-Europe Congress i Budapest **
Old 11-22-2013, 07:31 AM
Super Moderator

Princess Marie - Patron of the Danish Epilepsy Association & the Kattegat Centre

Princess Marie takes over two patronages from Prince Henrik!

She has agreed to become the Patron of the Danish Epilepsy Association (Prince Henrik had been Patron since 1972)
and of the Kattegat Centre (Prince Henrik had been Patron since 1993).

** source: kongehuset.dk ** translation **
Old 11-22-2013, 12:47 PM
Royal Highness

Good for Marie. I guess Henrik is slowing down a bit more.

Tags
princess marie, princess marie's charities and patronages