Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Billed bladet article on Marie's AIDS event with a picture
Translated ** Original version
Old 12-03-2012, 06:29 AM
Courtier
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – The Netherlands

Princess Marie attended, as patron the AIDS Foundation's, Christmas concert in Trinitatis Church, Copenhagen. December 02, 2012

PPE Agency
Old 12-03-2012, 08:42 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Some large pics from yesterday have been added to the official website (click to enlarge):

** kongehuset.dk: AIDS-fondets julekoncert **

And here's another nice gallery:

** pp: Princesse Marie : Des chants et un discours pour tous les Danois à la Trinité **
Old 12-03-2012, 12:33 PM
Serene Highness

Wuuhuu, I know the singers from the AIDS Event
Old 12-06-2012, 12:37 PM
Heir Apparent

Due to a certain pregnancy and because not much has happened with the DRF lately the BB coverage is pretty limited this week.

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #49, 2012.
Marie holdt AIDS-talen - Marie gave the AIDS-speech.
Written by Trine Larsen.

Our Marie became patron for the AIDS Foundation late last year and this year she was for the first time to give a speech at the traditional Christmas concert in Trinitatis Church in Copenhagen. The church was filled to the last seat.

Each year the AIDS Foundation writes a speech that is being delivered at various events all over the country every year on the 1st December.
The Christmas concert has taken place for sixteen years and the proceed goes to people suffering from AIDS.

The opera singer, Jens Christian Wendt, took the initiative for the concert and he explained: "When Princess Marie read the speech she said to the AIDS Foundation that she would very much like to deliver that and she did that marvelously".

Opera singers sang, Angus Dei, Ave Maria and O Holy Night. (*)

- I can't say how it is in other countries but here in DK churches have also very much evolved into cultural centres. Concerts are very common, without any religious ceremonies, which means that people (including atheists like myself) who otherwise only go to church at weddings, funerals and baptisms also go to and very much enjoy concerts held in churches, not least because the acoustic is very special and the setting is often very beautiful.
In especially the cities where the churces are open longer, it's very common to see not least students going to church simply to meditate and enjoy the atmosphere, without any religious ceremony taking place.

Perhaps FasterB can tell us more about the songs, the church and the choir?

(*) This is a Norwegian version by Sissel Kyrkebø.
Old 12-06-2012, 01:02 PM
Super Moderator

As Patron of DanChurchAid Princess Marie attended DanChurchAid's Christmas event at Schæffergården in Gentofte on December 4, 2012. During the event she talked about her first year as patron of DanChurchAid and about her experiences of the journey to Cambodia.

** Pic ** noedhjaelp.dk: Prinsessen glemmer aldrig Cambodja ** translation **
Old 12-08-2012, 10:07 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
Perhaps FasterB can tell us more about the songs, the church and the choir?
I can try to tell more about it

The songs: Agnus Dei, Ave Maria and O Holy Night
I think we all know these songs as they are quite popular at this time of the year

Trinitatis Kirke / Trinity Church
Trinitatis Kirke was builded by King Christian IV. Well, at least he ordered for the church to be build The architect was Hans Steenwinckel the Younger.
Trinitatis Church started out as a church for students and professors at the University of Copenhagen. It should have room for both churchstuff and secularstuff.
Besides the churchroom there should be place to the royal collection of book and an observatory.
This threepart is reflected in the name of the church: The Trinity, where the Father is in Heaven, The Son is Thruth (the books) and the Holy Ghost is in the Churhch.

The church has a most distinctive belltower: Rundetårn (The Round Tower). I think you all know that

The singers and the choir
The singers were:
Operasinger Jens Christian Wandt (tenor)
Don´t know much about him other than he doesn´t sings at the opera, never has and I doubt he ever will.

Operasinger Monica Nørgaard Stevns (soprano)
She´s a really sweet girl, sings sooooo beautiful and she saved the concert just three hours before it was about to start by jumping in instead of Ditte Højgaard Andersen, who was ill.
Homepage: Monica Nørgaard Stevns
Facebook: Monica Nørgaard Stevns - Sopran

Holmens Herrekvartet
Consists of four of the malesingers from Holmens Kirke. I haven´t heard the quartet singing together, but I have heard them singing one at a time and they all sings, so I get goosebumps of joy
Homepage: Holmens Herrekvartet
Facebook: Holmens Herrekvartet
Old 12-13-2012, 09:10 AM
Super Moderator

Princess Marie has accepted another patronage!

From January 1, 2013 on she'll be the Patron of the Danish Student House in Paris.
Marie will succeed Queen Margrethe who has been Patron since 1972.

** source: kongehuset.dk: H.K.H. Prinsesse Marie protektor for Det Danske Studenterhus i Paris ** translation **
Old 12-13-2012, 10:19 AM
Heir Apparent

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #50, 2012.
Jeg glemmer det aldrig - I'll never forget it.
Written by Trine Larsen.

Wearing red and sporting a slightly different hairstyle Marie gave a speech at DanChurchAide's Christmas event, where sponsors had been invited.

Our Marie very much based her speech on her recent visit to Cambodia:
"I had prepared myself well but still I have to say that what I experienced is something you can never prepare yourself for.
Cambodia is one of the poorest countries in the world, where one in four live under the UN's definition of powerty of one Dollar a day. It was both hard and fantastic to meet people who have nothing but yet face life with dignity. That leaves a good feeling of that things will turn out alright despite the difficult circumstances.
It was hard to stand face to face with some of those who needed the most help. But I was met by trusting people, who knew that I came to hear their story and pass it on and in that way help. It was great inspiration for me to feel their trust and hope.
The most important thing is that they themselves are a part of the solution. That is the most dignified way to provide aide".

Marie told more about her experience and continued: "It was the most dreadful slum with hygiene-related deseases.
I had experinces I will never forget. And I got the work by DanChurchAide right under my skin. I'm now back with a good sense of that the effort works. And that those out there who really need help are in full swing themselves, because it takes very little to improve their lives.
I'm now even more motivated to address the Danes and remember....it takes so little to make a difference".
Old 12-13-2012, 12:46 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

Princess Marie has accepted another patronage!

From January 1, 2013 on she'll be the Patron of the Danish Student House in Paris.
Marie will succeed Queen Margrethe who has been Patron since 1972.

** source: kongehuset.dk: H.K.H. Prinsesse Marie protektor for Det Danske Studenterhus i Paris ** translation **
makes perfect sense. Marie will be able to give good advice. good for her
Old 12-14-2012, 04:56 AM
Heir Apparent

BT has some more on the new protection: http://www.bt.dk/royale/prinsesse-ma...fter-svigermor

La Fondation Danoise can house 49 students, who attend Cité internationale Universitaire de Paris.
And they are pretty delighted with our Marie taking over: "It has been of invaluable significanse for the Danish Students House in Paris that the DRF through many years have had such a big interest for the institution. We are grateful for Her Majesty the Queen's work and (we) are now looking forward to the upcoming co-operation with Her Royal Highness Princess Marie".

It's not only for Danish students, Prince Henrik stayed there in his youth while studying in Paris and he said at a previous occasion: "When I was studying I lived there for three years. By donating I hope to ensure that Danish students will have better conditions, so that their stay, will both benefit them personally and establish contacts between France and Denmark".
Old 12-17-2012, 06:55 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Nice to see Marie getting one of the Queen patronages. I wonder what else she will be getting. Is this the second or 3rd education patronage she is for?
Old 03-01-2013, 01:03 PM
Super Moderator

Princess Marie as patron of the AIDS Foundation visited the Department of Infectious Diseases at Aarhus University Hospital today, March 1, 2013.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

** tv2oj.dk video: Prinsesse på besøg ** lehtikuva.fi gallery **
Old 04-19-2013, 03:16 PM
Imperial Majesty

Marie attended as patron of the National Association for Autism at a charity event with a gala dinner in the Thott Palace, the French Embassy on Thursday.
Princess Mary Beautiful and a little disco for a nice gesture with Sephora
Old 05-10-2013, 04:20 AM
Courtier

I saw on DRF website that Marie has become patron of Copenhagen Cooking. It's her 10th patronage.
Copenhagen Cooking
Their next festival will be 23th August to 1st September.
Old 05-23-2013, 04:38 AM
Super Moderator

Princess Marie as Patron has presented the annual AIDS Foundation Prizes in Copenhagen yesterday afternoon, May 22:

** Pic ** ppe gallery **

** BB: Engageret prinsesse Marie uddelte priser ** translation **

** BB: Prinsesse Marie i samme kjole som Susanne Bier ** translation **

** herognu.com gallery: Prinsesse Marie til prisoverrækkelse i AIDS-Fondet **
Old 05-30-2013, 12:42 PM
Heir Apparent

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #22, 2013.
Vild med Jakob - Crazy about Jakob.
Written by Henrik Salling.

Recently our Marie presented three prizes on behalf of the AIDS Foundation at an annual event at Hotel Skt. Petri in Copenhagen.
One of the recipients was 41 year old Jakob Heedegaard, who contracted HIV in 2005. However, he chose to deal with it by being open about it and inspiring others in a similar situation as him.
Marie said about him in her speech: "Jakob is a message in his own right. He's fantastic - and very courageous. I hope he will inspire a lot of other young people. There are way too many prejudices and I hope that I too with my commitment can help break down some of these prejudices".
Right after presenting the prize to Jakob Marie went over to his mother to congratulate her on her son's prize. That moved Jakob Heedegaard: "That, I thought, was so sweet of her".

Wearing a dress from Elise Gug, Marie presented the prize for 10.000 DKK, which Jakob will spend on a cruise to Bahamas with some of his good friends.
In his return speech he thanked Marie for taking the trouble to have gone all the way from Møgeltønder only to present him with a prize. Marie disclosed afterwards that she hadn't gone that far, only from Amalienborg.
After the speech Jakob Presented Marie with an issue of the gay magazine, Out & About, where he was on the cover in connection with an interview to the magazine, in the hope that she would find time to read the interview, - and should she have any questions she was welcome to invite him for a cup of coffee.

The two other prizes went to Gitte Kronborg and Morten Frisch, who deal with research and medical treatment of AIDS.

Afterwards Marie said: "It's a very important issue and you clearly see how much of a difference they make in the AIDS Foundation. Today there were three recipients of prizes, who must know how grateful we are. That they have made a big difference. That's a very important issue to dedicate yourself to".
Where should people go, who have prejudices about HIV and AIDS?
Marie smiled: "Ask Jakob. He is so good".
Old 06-12-2013, 11:56 AM
Heir Apparent

A brief video of our Marie arriving at the annual party at the Southern Danish University Friday: tv2fyn.dk

She took part in the official part of the party, which include speeches and presenting prizes. There were 4.000 guests present.

Tags
princess marie, princess marie's charities and patronages